It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds warn us of incoming, and very soon...

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by freakdaddy70

Did you read what I linked about "The Hum"? If you read it I think on down it speaks about a sound sometimes that even sounds like birds chirping. Thats what first came to my mind when I heard the video.

Our Ionosphere is electrically charged. The Earth makes noises and the noises may indeed pick up as we make our way through the Oort Cloud. I have a video somewhere in this thread. It is a two hour video. Susan Rennison is giving a lecture on "whats going on" . If you are interested go back through this thread and find it. I have watched it three times so far because I feel as though I miss something or I didn't link something she cited the first or second time. LOTS of in depth material on a metaphysical level. She cites many people and organizations such as NASA, ESA, IBEX, and so on.

Had I not watched the entire video I would be more anxious and puzzled but I think she makes it pretty clear.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

There was a thread last week that spoke about Verizon customers receiving an alert but theirs did not read like that I don't recall. I wonder how credible the news source is that you quoted? Hmmm?? Strange stuff I know.

Also, I think I recall reading where you don't think the sounds are being heard in Asia? Maybe another poster said that but it is my understanding that is where they began.

Again, the Earth is always humming especially when we are experiencing a geomagnetic storm but I wonder how they compare to the old sounds people used to hear. Its just all questionable ya know.
One question leads to another.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Did the strange noises stop? I haven't heard any reports as of late. They were cropping up from all over the place and all the sudden it's gone.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

What we heard was no hum or "War of the Worlds, trumpets" sound. It was the sound from the Florida video and it was extremely loud. I've posted this before but can't find my posts on the search engine.

My wife and inlaws were on holiday in Palm Desert, in a patio home on a golf course. I was inside with my wife and the inlaws were out on the patio. The jet engine type roar (see Florida video) started low and then turned up the volume so loud that I looked at my wife and said, "Cool! an earthquake!" and ran outside to see better. On the patio where by inlaw was reading the paper I immediately could tell the sound wasn't coming from the ground, but the air. I said "What the hell is that?" He shrugged. I ran out onto the golf course where I had an unobstructed 360 deg view of the sky, no trees and all buildings are one story, so I could see for miles. It was a crystal clear day, no clouds and the sky was EMPTY. Other people ran out onto the golf course and we looked at the sky and each other and all said, "What the hell is that?"

Having been to Palm Springs/Desert many times we are familiar with all manner of military and civilian jets. This was VERY unusual in that it was all encompassing, the sound just came and went, not from any direction, was extremely loud, lasted for about 3 minutes, the ground didn't shake at all, nothing was in the sky.

My theory, having experienced this, as far fetched as it sounds, is that we heard some sort of cloaked slow moving military air craft.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I wish my phone would have done a better job of picking up the hum. The hum is actually louder than the traffic drone in the background, there almost sounds like the drone of a airplane in the recording, and I did not hear that at all in person. All that i know is that the hum is a separate sound, and is very noticeable, when it hums, there is an immediate reaction from my dog, and when it stops, he stops..

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NOrrTH

I also heard a roar of jet engines this last summer (around 6:00pm approx.). I was sitting in the house talking with the wife when this loud roar filled the house. We have aircraft fly by occasionally, and this one sounded close, so I ran out the back door to see what type it was. What I saw was 3 yellow dots in a line heading Northwest, the yellow dots looked like 3 single engine aircraft in afterburner. But, there was some things that didn't look right, the first being no smoke, (even modern jet engines in AB will have some smoke trail), the second problem no flicker, and third they never came out of AB. There also was no impression of acceleration, and the lights stayed in a perfect straight line, in a V formation. I watch the lights until they went beyond the mountains on the other side of the valley (60 miles or so) and never did find out what type they were. There was no sonic boom, and the jet roar was very loud, even at a distance. The next day, one of my co-workers commented on three lights making a lot of noise that flew over his house, (he lives on the other side of the valley in the direction I saw the lights head). So we had a laugh, and the other guys in my shop kinda laughed at our UFO story.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ok, i'm hearing something right now and it's been steady for at least a half hour now. i tried to record on my phone, but it just picked up audio from the rain. the sound is not right on me like it is in all the "strange sounds" youtube vids. it sounds like a jet or a steady low thunderish rumble. but not a jet nor thunder! i'm still listening to it as i type this! (location: southern Pennsylvania, USA)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

Adding Southern Pennsylvania, USA. Seems to fit in with the Strange Sound profile such as it can be determined. I have put together a list of most commonly associated aspects of the strange sound reports.

Low frequency sound,
Resembles a rumble,
Often can be felt in body,
Animals respond,
Source determined as most likely atmosphere/sky and not the ground,
Direction/bearing not discernible other than coming from above,
Most likely sources such as trains, planes, and industrial machinery able to be ruled out.

Anyone welcome to point to any aspects shared with the majority of genuine appearing reports.

Here is the link to the Sound Tracker map.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That was me, I was just referencing our map at the time...but that could just mean no one from that area is on ATS or has anything to report.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

There was a thread last week that spoke about Verizon customers receiving an alert but theirs did not read like that I don't recall. I wonder how credible the news source is that you quoted? Hmmm?? Strange stuff I know.

Its a new compiling site. The source it links to is here

Also, I think I recall reading where you don't think the sounds are being heard in Asia? Maybe another poster said that but it is my understanding that is where they began.

Nope not me. Another poster. I did however post several genuine appearing reports from Asia though, on this thread, and one from Africa also.

Ya know it would likely have taken less time to check my posts a couple or so pages back as it did for ya all to put together your post.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I know this sounds crazy...but I am really wondering if they are running drills with cloaked or high altitude vehicles. Cloaked below radar or new type of engine in higher altitude? I dont know if I mentioned how airspace was closed over Cape Canaveral last Wednesday, our pilot said the delay was for rocket launches...but according NASA nothing went up until Friday. I wonder if this has been happening alot? Whatever it is sounds like an engine from a sci fi film. Amazingly powerful engine or huge vehicle.

One common denominator is that it is as much felt as heard maybe more so.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I received alerts from my daughter's college last week too...but they did say it was test.

Did anyone read Stephen King's book Cell?

In that book cell phone users were hit with a pulse or sound that made them crazy and self-destructive/homicidal....then it reset their brains...really weird...all this talk made me think of that.. They are making a movie of it.

They are also making a movie of Dean Koontz's book the Dome another weird times book....I won't give anything away but I think the event started with a strange sound also. SPOOKY!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I do not think we need to hear, hums, or trumpet sounds around the globe, for us to know and understand, at least those awake and aware, to know something is about to happen, when I say about to happen I do not mean tomorrow or next month, hell maybe another decade, but something is coming, I have felt this all my life, I do not know how it comes either, it may not come until death, or it may just come, at times I feel it more intense then other times. I remember when I was a kid I could focus so clearly on the moments of my reality I used to get this creepy feeling of just being in reality and wishing to get distracted from it... Well that is what Society has done, distracted us from realizing how bizarre and special I suppose it is to be consciously aware of being alive and looking dead eye, into reality.

Ya thou I am so intrigued with the World, I live in, and anything that is abnormal in it, I love looking at things I do not understand and in life and doing my best to understand it...

I am not sure how to take the humming and trumpet sounds being heard around youtube video's etc. etc. I think it just might be a viral attention grab thing perhaps, but who knows, I have not heard hums or trumpets, so indeed I am skeptical, and anything I see on Youtube or ats 2nd or 3rd hand in a video, well, I just take it at a grain of thought, or just a hmmm is this fake or what.. Just not that narrow minded, just makes me wish to hear, or see something weird myself...

Just as I read this thread title, I wonder how easy it is to brainwash people, over the internet.

no disrespect...

I just do not have enough on hands knowledge or experience on this so called phenomenal to believe something is coming because of it, but I will not argue something is coming...

Considering we live on a planet within a space that is light years in size.... We are clueless in what we live in....

You know that we do not even understand the universe none the less the galaxy we live in...

We are just now able to barely see the furthest depth of space...

we are still very, very, very primitive, and at this rate with geo-politics this might be the best we get...

Satellites cell phones gps and cable tv....

we dont know anything, and I highly doubt earth hums are going to be the answer to the how and why....

just my opinion... I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CorteZZ
Just as I read this thread title, I wonder how easy it is to brainwash people, over the internet.

no disrespect...

Hi CorteZZ, as far as I understand there IS something going on, but unfortunately the thousands of Hoaxes around are masking and discrediting what seems to be something genuine... and veeeeery odd..

The OP is chasing the truth regardless of the thread´s title. As you can see, the debate is far from reaching a common sense so far.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOrrTH

What we heard was no hum or "War of the Worlds, trumpets" sound. It was the sound from the Florida video and it was extremely loud. I've posted this before but can't find my posts on the search engine.

My wife and inlaws were on holiday in Palm Desert, in a patio home on a golf course. I was inside with my wife and the inlaws were out on the patio. The jet engine type roar (see Florida video) started low and then turned up the volume so loud that I looked at my wife and said, "Cool! an earthquake!" and ran outside to see better. On the patio where by inlaw was reading the paper I immediately could tell the sound wasn't coming from the ground, but the air. I said "What the hell is that?" He shrugged. I ran out onto the golf course where I had an unobstructed 360 deg view of the sky, no trees and all buildings are one story, so I could see for miles. It was a crystal clear day, no clouds and the sky was EMPTY. Other people ran out onto the golf course and we looked at the sky and each other and all said, "What the hell is that?"

Having been to Palm Springs/Desert many times we are familiar with all manner of military and civilian jets. This was VERY unusual in that it was all encompassing, the sound just came and went, not from any direction, was extremely loud, lasted for about 3 minutes, the ground didn't shake at all, nothing was in the sky.

My theory, having experienced this, as far fetched as it sounds, is that we heard some sort of cloaked slow moving military air craft.

This is a bloody decent an rich report!!
It is worth to note the presence of witnesses, and the clear sky condition.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakdaddy70

I wish my phone would have done a better job of picking up the hum.

This shows how the real life differs from hoax videos. this is one among many reasons why I´m insisting the Florida video was staged and post mixed. You need a veeeery good mic to be able to record those low frequencies AND the high ones. You cannot achieve this with normal equipment.

good report. Would you mind telling with what gear you made the video?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

Most likely sources such as trains, planes, and industrial machinery able to be ruled out.

Anyone welcome to point to any aspects shared with the majority of genuine appearing reports.

Here is the link to the Sound Tracker map.

You´re right Tallone, it seems from what I read so far the sound source doesn´t move. No one reported a continuously change in the pitch. So, no Doppler effect in the fenomenon. Thus, no train, planes etc..Do you confirm this?

By the way, I´m reading all your links and learning a lot!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I only used my Iphone with no external mic, just the little one in the phone. The video image is more of me trying to angle the phone to best pick up the sound.
Another thing that I didn't mention but have been thinking about; the day that my dog went missing, and I heard the hum next to my ear. I was extremely foggy headed, confused, irritable, and tired, it lasted for a couple of days. I know these are symptoms of noise fatigue, but I'm not sure if it was related, or coincidence.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Can we define "very soon" in the thread title?

I want to mark my calendar.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NOrrTH

Added Palm Desert, USA to the Sound Tracker map. Also added details from your report.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join