It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds warn us of incoming, and very soon...

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

You´re right Tallone, it seems from what I read so far the sound source doesn´t move. No one reported a continuously change in the pitch. So, no Doppler effect in the fenomenon. Thus, no train, planes etc..Do you confirm this?

Seems to be no evidence of the frequency changing from memory. Unless someone finds a report that looks genuine and does report a frequency change then I think we can safely say it is not being emitted from an object moving away from or toward those on the ground hearing the sound. So no, not train, plane or flying boat, nor BTW meteoroid.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

No, me it just doesn't seem to be from a moving object above the ground cloaked or uncloaked.
See my reply to LordAdef regards the point he raises about presence of Doppler effect.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hi, this is my first post on ATS and I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. I've heard this strange sound since at least 3 years in my home. It sounds like burst of a jet engine from airplanes got stuck in the air (it doesn't move like an airplane but hover in the air stay in one place), consistent (sound doesn't change in pitch or whatever, I always heard exactly the same thing). It comes and go repeatedly, let says I heard it for 15 sec, then suddenly a complete silence for several sec, heard it again for a few sec, silence. These happens for hours daily. Always in the afternoon, around 3 PM local time, but often times during the night. The sky was clear, no airplanes above.

Once I asked my brother in home about it, but he has no interest. My friend who live a few blocks from me says never heard this sound. Last time I heard perhaps last year on december or january. never heard it again since then.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Thats weird...while im at work at times and it's only in the evening like 5-7ish (i work outside) but i seen someone mention it sounds like a low flying aircraft...i noticed this hallow sounding aircraft type soubd a few times but didnt see a freaking craft in the sky! and the sound would stay coming from one direction too for about eh...8 minutes? never really bothered to keep count but it has happened more than once and its strange. i hope its nothing bad.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Ya know it would likely have taken less time to check my posts a couple or so pages back as it did for ya all to put together your post.
reply to post by Tallone

Well, honestly sometimes I cannot distinguish between the two threads on ATS regarding the SAME topic. There really was no need for this thread to be created as one already existed so I could have said the same thing to you on page one but I didn't want to be rude!!

For those who do not know about the other thread here it is.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think I will just stick to the first one so I don't get "confused" anymore as to which thread said what.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by N0vus

Added Jakarta, Indonesia on the Sound Tracker map. BTW excellent details in your post!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AvireX

Can you give details? After all you are giving a first hand account. I would like to include it on the sound tracker map.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You need to at least try to check your information before you go attempting to nail people. This thread does mention other sources of maps, and point of fact, I have posted those links whenever I find them. Everything is transparent here - in the interests of helping others.

BTW I recommended and linked to that very thread on page 23. MamaJ, it truely is probably time now you did "just stick to the first one" - as you say.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by AvireX

Can you give details? After all you are giving a first hand account. I would like to include it on the sound tracker map.

well i work along side with the longshore men here in newfoundland work out here in the weekends evening shifts and when the sounds occur theres no construction heavy traffic or any craft during this sound everyone talks about, i ask my buddys down by the harbor if theres any crew work cranes etc they all says no. where we are is a common flight path for planes coming inbound to st. johns but again when it happens its usually a clear evening and nothing up there and always coming from one direction, the north. thats about all i got there...id love to provide audio but at the time didbt think anything of it just remembered it, sounds odd though if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AvireX

Added Newfoundland Canada to the Sound Tracker map. Also added your description.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Heard a scrapping sound and I made a thread about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was early on 1 March 2012 about 2.20am. After very strange clouds that day. The clouds occurred after a day of heavy, so we were being targeted by the black hole and they must have been worried by gamma radiation hitting us, as that is what Barium sulphate stops.

Add SE London to tracker please.

This was the second time i have a heard a strange sound in the sky-someone has called them accoustic-gravity waves and that is a very good name for them. (Search ATS for Accoustic gravity waves for more info.)

I like the title BTW very apt.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Hello and welcome.

Your link is broken. Could you post it again, please.

I need a few more details, particularly the apparent source, pitch /frequency (low or high or variable etc), do you know of other witnesses, were there any animals nearby reacting to the sound? Check out the list here.

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

Low frequency sound,
Resembles a rumble,
Often can be felt in body,
Animals respond,
Source determined as most likely atmosphere/sky and not the ground,
Direction/bearing not discernible other than coming from above,
Most likely sources such as trains, planes, and industrial machinery able to be ruled out.

Anyone welcome to point to any aspects shared with the majority of genuine appearing reports.

Here is the link to the Sound Tracker map.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Added South East London to the Sound Tracker.

I found your thread Rumbling noise being heard around the world.

Also must admit to not even knowing about this monster thread Mama linked to above. My link in my post to her was to a more recent thread on the strange sounds. Anyone interested ought to go check out these two threads.

Just to keep things up front this particular thread you are reading right now is not intended as a dump for all things connected to the strange sound. We are taking a particular approach to an inquiry. Anyone is welcome to participate. If you have first hand heard the strange sounds and they mostly fit the criteria established so far, low pitch, maybe felt in body, heard in atmosphere, animals react, others heard it etc we can place mark you on our sound tracker map.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Acording to the sound tracker NO ONE has heard it in south america, russia, and africa. Why is that? So many in the U.S.A. WHY HERE, mostly?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
could it be the plume phenomenon that is happening all over?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Well, there were two fake videos here in Brazil. One from Sao paulo (based on the blokes' accent) and another one from Campinas (in the State of Sao Paulo). Both hoaxes.

As far as I know... not in South America.

I'm sure the media here wouldn't have troubles in covering such events. In fact there were some unexplained explosions happening last week, and various unknown metal spheres actually falling from the sky. Both covered by brazilian media, but nothing related to strange sounds.

(by the way, the metal spheres aparently belonged to a french satelite. The boooms are still unidentified)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Acording to the sound tracker NO ONE has heard it in south america, russia, and africa. Why is that? So many in the U.S.A. WHY HERE, mostly?

The Sound Tracker map place marks only those strange sounds from those reported on this thread, with over 90% being first hand reports. I think I initially placed a couple not witnessed by the poster. There are other google maps place marking the strange sounds, one fairly comprehensive one shown on Youtube, but I can't find the actual map to link to it.

There is also this;
www.seektress.com...

The map includes those two from Brazil - LordAdef claims are fakes, and well they might be too. It also places two reports in Chile and one in Argentina, and in Russia three locations.

As for why so many in the USA? Two likely explanations I can think of. First, simply a default of the USA being the home country for most of contributers on ATS and the site's own country of origin.

Second, could be the sound is occurring in many countries but not heard because fewer witnesses in areas where populations are light or non existent, and an unavailability of Internet to those that do happen to live in these areas, or quite simply they do not read English. Russia and China are huge land masses with vast areas where no one lives. Same for Alaska. South America has many countries where large numbers of the population are unlikely to visit ATS, and in some cases this may be because many there do not read English well, or are illiterate.

If MSM was to treat the phenomenon with a degree of seriousness rather than playing to the hype around the more obvious hoaxes you might get to read reports from some of these countries derived from translations from local sources.

As you can see the reports are coming from sources educated, speak/read/write English, and have ready access to the Internet.

That still leaves the deafening silence coming from the Southern Hemisphere, and that is quite interesting. Don't you think?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Interesting and relevant to this thread.

2012-03-07 04:24 CMEs: One Arrives, Another Likely Tomorrow

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

CME IMPACT: A coronal mass ejection (CME) hit Earth's magnetic field on March 7th at approximately 0400 UT. The impact was not a strong one, but it could stir up polar geomagnetic storms anyway. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras. Aurora alerts: text, phone. MAJOR SOLAR FLARE: Big sunspot AR1429 has unleashed another major flare. This one is the strongest yet, an X5-class eruption on March 7th at 00:28 UT. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the extreme UV flash:

www.spaceweather.com...

Update: Loud explosions, rumbling walls reported across Chilton County

Published: Tuesday, March 06, 2012, 5:12 PM Updated: Tuesday, March 06, 2012, 5:56 PM
CHILTON COUNTY, Alabama -- Calls poured into Chilton County's 911 this afternoon as dispatchers fielded about 100 reports of loud explosions and walls of homes suddenly shaking. But, as of this afternoon, it was unclear what was the source of the disturbance. Dan Wright, director of the county's 911 service, was at home, about a mile east of downtown Clanton, playing outside with his son when he heard the noise. It was about 4:30 p.m., he said. "I felt the ground shaking and I heard this loud rumbling," Wright said. "My garage door started shaking and it sounded like it was falling down." The calls at first seemed to be coming from mainly the northern half of the county, but several came from other parts of the county too, Wright said. Some came from as far away as Bibb County. A dispatcher with Bibb County 911 said they received about a half dozen calls reporting the same thing. All of the calls came from north of West Blocton but stretched across Bibb County east to west. The director of Shelby County's 911 service said no reports were received there. The service is also receiving reports on its Twitter page, Wright said. Efforts to reach officials with the Geological Survey of Alabama were not immediately successful this afternoon.The website of the U.S. Geological Survey does not show any earthquakes anywhere in Alabama since Feb. 29.

blog.al.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The supposed 'real' sounds remind me of the harmonic resonance sounds you get off of those glass Zen bowls. Maybe we're going through that galactic cloud everyone's been talking about and it's that combined with the increased solar wind. Stands to reason that an amplified aurora would make some sort of noise, too.

My other thought, just to put it out there, is another civilization out in space scanning us or sending a message of sorts. Could be their version of 'I Love Lucy'.

Another thought: A compression of the upper atmosphere by increased solar activity?
edit on 7-3-2012 by signalfire because: added thoughts

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I agree 100% with your last two posts.
The language issue is definitelly true. It's hard to go into deep subjects while not in your native language mode. People tend to freak out and don't join the conversation. Nonetheless I believe this thing is happening only in the northern hemisphere.

If we assume this as true for a sec, what would be causing this?

Does anybody knows how the earth's magnetic field reacts after a big solar flare hit, in order to return to stability? Does it "bounce" backs and forwards like a string?
Stupid question?

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join