It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds warn us of incoming, and very soon...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i honestly believe its just something natural thats going on. Maybe out of the oridinary but i rather not take a biblical view at it and say that the horns are being sounded off and that its the revelations end of the world blah blah bs. Its funny when we dont know what something is or how it works we tend to go to the supernatural side of things.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm not a scientist but could this be from the increase in solar activity? The sun is supposed to be in some kind of cycle that currently in a very active state (to the best of my understanding).

If someone knows more, then can they explain it a little bit?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ClinTrojan

Added Lexington, KY to the Sound Tracker google map.

The sun is supposed to be in some kind of cycle that currently in a very active state (to the best of my understanding).

If someone knows more, then can they explain it a little bit?

Take a quick skip through the thread, after reading the intro post. I do believe the sun may well be what the warning is about, AND possibly is the cause of the warning. I have posted several times exploring the possibility (plenty of room for exploration left to do though. A particularly relevant link posted at the bottom of MamaJs diatrobe. I will repost it. STRANGE SOUND IN SKY EXPLAINED BY SCIENTISTS

Others posting in the thread also consider the same possibility.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Yatrsiri

Too much rich food can bring on noisy episodes of gas. Familiar sounds probably not going to make the dogs bark. Hmm. Seems like you have found the culprit already.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Greetings all!

My 1st post - I had to speak up that I have heard the sound twice now in Winnipeg, Canada.

1st time I noticed it was about 4:15 a.m. CST on Feb 2nd. We have a rather large rail yard here, and I thought that maybe there were more engines than normal starting up, then the roar sounded a bit more like airplanes, but there wasn't any to be seen. Opening a window, I noticed the weird flange-sounding metallic noise with the roar. The second time I've heard it was Feb 8th at about 5:30 p.m. CST. You could make it out over the sounds of rush-hour, but most people seemed to not notice it at all! I am convinced that many of the harmonics are outside many people's audible spectrum. (Like that tone that most can only hear until the end of their teens.) Some people took note and could be heard talking about it, but they seemed unfazed and just a bit curious... the rest were oblivious! The evening occurence seemed shorter in duration to the morning one, but the metallic noise was more defined.

Low locomotive engines/legions of bombers sound with an eerie screech to it that almost sounds like a metallic or crystal harmonic. Perhaps it was the "sound" of the Aurora, out-of-sync with the visuals like lightning...maybe some sort of cosmic effect we don't know about yet that is causing the "bubble" to ring out like a tuning-fork or maybe it's an echo of the core seizing from a lack of oil to lubricate it?

Whatever it is, it's chilling to experience, even more so in public at rush-hour with most people seemingly not noticing.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mondobond

Welcome aboard!
I am not sure I have seen a thread with such a high percentage of first time posters.

Excellent descriptive post. Interesting the noise is heard at close to the same time within less than an hour difference on both occasions.

EDIT
I have added Winnipeg, Canada to the Sound Tracker google map of all sounds reported on this thread started by TimeToThink.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Er, that is to say…the 'Sound Tracker' map initiated by TimeToThink.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If you, yes YOU who may be shy or already posted video or your report elsewhere but have heard this sound and you are certain it is a genuine strange sound from the atmosphere outside of your house (I mean not from inside the house, a plane, or identifiable machinery and so on) and would like your report to be included on the Sound Tracker map, then by all means post here.

This is only yet another of at least three Google based maps I know of on the Internet. It is interesting to go see these others and compare the localities and details. In the interests of not appearing like we are in a competition here - there is also the popular Sky Sounds... thread currently on ATS and it is worth a visit if you haven't been there already.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
two douche bag opus and andy clones aren't very reliable sources. it's probably a cheap attempt at viral marketing.

this isn't:

I *think* this is one of the first such videos, it comes, i believe, from Wakulla county just south of tallaahssee, florida. the 'experts" attributed this sound to a thunderstorm miles away where the thunder sound was caught between air layers and went sideways. but the storm was like 50 miles away.

the article appeared in the local Tallahassee democrat. I live here in Tallahassee!

here is a link to the article about this sound and others heard, at that time.

www.colinandrews.net...

freestone

freestone
edit on 22-2-2012 by freestonew because: found supporting material

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

Added ' Wakulla county just south of Tallaahssee, Florida' to Sound Tracker google map. An oldie but a 'goodie'.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hello, I've been an "observer" for a week or so now, and this is my first post
I have heard this sound too- never before 10:30pm. I have been hearing since a little before christmas. My partner hears it sometimes, but not always (wouldn't trust his hearing though
) at first I didn't think anything of it, I was sat in my front room and thought it was the wind coming down the chimney funny- until I opened my bathroom window one night and it was louder outside! No idea what it may be but I find it fascinating non the less
I'm in the Isle of Man

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lauraiom

Welcome aboard!

Added Isle of Man to the Sound Tracker map.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is a great thread. I recently started following the strange sounds videos and information available. There are alot of hoaxes floating around, but that being said I think that this will turn out to be a very important event. I have my certain thoughts about it, but I agree with the OP that whatever the reason this phenomena is occurring; it is a warning of sorts. Whether the reasons for this event are rational, scientific, religious, or supernatural, it is an undoubted important event.

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but I have been following this blog: strangesoundsinthesky.com... I find it really informative.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hey Tallone you can add me to that list. My post is somewhere here on ATS. I haven't posted much so it should be easy to find.

We live in Whitney Texas near Lake Whitney.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

Added Whitney Texas near Lake Whitney to the Sound Tracker Map. Included a couple of details you posted on the other friend

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Now that is interesting. The linked site has at the bottom has a video given as 'proof' the Amirillo video which is in my opening post at top was faked. It isn't too clear why since there is no explanation only images and bad sound from some nameless software programme showing sound waves. But even allowing for the 'proof' being badly presented it still doesn't undermine the veracity of the reports. Why? Because I would have thought though if the strange sound was occurring in the atmosphere, and since the atmosphere surrounds the globe albeit with various differences perhaps to do with local geography and the like there is a high likelihood where the reports are genuine the cause is the same. Now that to me would make it quite likely those strange sounds would then be the same (in the genuine incidents). Same kind of animal makes same kind of noises.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This may not belong here but hope it's ok to post here anyway since it was a loud boom ...

www.bigislandvideonews.com...

Lot's of people heard it and felt it. At the 4:13 mark one lady says they heard "rumblings" on and off for a minute maybe two minutes after the loud boom.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPhoenix
This may not belong here but hope it's ok to post here anyway since it was a loud boom ...

www.bigislandvideonews.com...

Lot's of people heard it and felt it. At the 4:13 mark one lady says they heard "rumblings" on and off for a minute maybe two minutes after the loud boom.

Their EQ's have been a little stronger so I am not sure if what they heard or are hearing is related to the EQ's. They are always having small ones but they do seem to be swarming and getting bigger.

ETA: I just wanted to add that the video has comments below that are real interesting!! One of the comments said tjms777vsddsd.blogspot.com... there was a guy who predicted the loud boom and the Earth would shake Puna.
edit on 24-2-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
After all is said and done to the world, the new world. Will have absolutely NO BANKSTERS corruption in it. Only trade and barter system. A gallon of milk for your services doctor, A chicken to fix my tooth, or a jug of wiskey for a dozen eggs. A world where people live off the land and return to the ground and planting TREES. If the strange sounds are a warning of incomming dissaster, so be it. Noone will be able to stop it anyways, so if i live thru it, i promise to plant trees till the day i pass. I have been saving seeds of different trees.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hi everyone.....I haven't been around for awhile...but I keep checking the posts...a lot of information! After looking at the map, I am perplexed. Nothing from Asia or Africa.....only one from Australia. Does that coincide with fracking activity?

I was outside at 1am Thursday morning and heard the sound again...I had just arrived home after a delayed flight, I was so tired, sore and filled with edema...I had to forget about it. It was different than what I normally hear...louder, from the sky...it was north of me but sounded very close, more of a mechanical, grating sound...but steady.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join