Strange sounds warn us of incoming, and very soon...

page: 22
160
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


I don't buy into metaphysics and I don't think it matters if it is coming from someone with a degree in physics, or astrophysics for that matter, but you are welcome to your POV.



Take this link for example. Will you read it though? geochangemag.org...:strange-sounds-in-sky-explained-by-scientists-&catid=1:global-news&Itemid=9


Yes, I have read it before, its an old article but the pieces of the contents pop up here and there. That, right there, that is a physics explanation. A geophysics explanation for the strange sounds.

Yes, MamaJ, this is an explanation I support.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hello friends, I am from Delhi(India) and this is my first post on ATS, i am following this for a few days now any finally i created my account so i can share my experience....
Here in Delhi(India) i havnt heard any strange sounds yet or even no one has heard somting like this....
I ll keep my ears open and let ATS know if i heard something in future...



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by MamaJ
 


I don't buy into metaphysics and I don't think it matters if it is coming from someone with a degree in physics, or astrophysics for that matter, but you are welcome to your POV.



Take this link for example. Will you read it though? geochangemag.org...:strange-sounds-in-sky-explained-by-scientists-&catid=1:global-news&Itemid=9


Yes, I have read it before, its an old article but the pieces of the contents pop up here and there. That, right there, that is a physics explanation. A geophysics explanation for the strange sounds.

Yes, MamaJ, this is an explanation I support.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)


Suit yourself on you not being into physics or metaphysics... that is your right.


Keep searching then and I hope you find an answer that suits your POV.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AKS83
Hello friends, I am from Delhi(India) and this is my first post on ATS, i am following this for a few days now any finally i created my account so i can share my experience....
Here in Delhi(India) i havnt heard any strange sounds yet or even no one has heard somting like this....
I ll keep my ears open and let ATS know if i heard something in future...


Welcome to ATS glad to have you onboard!




posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKS83
Hello friends, I am from Delhi(India) and this is my first post on ATS, i am following this for a few days now any finally i created my account so i can share my experience....
Here in Delhi(India) i havnt heard any strange sounds yet or even no one has heard somting like this....
I ll keep my ears open and let ATS know if i heard something in future...


Hello. Welcome.

That's good - the more members posting of personal experiences the better, since I believe our members tend to display much more integrity than strangers on Youtube, so there's substantially less chance of hoaxes being reported here that way.

I hope you enjoy being a member.



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


Physics and metaphysics. Not the same thing. One is a scientific concern, the other philosophic. The focus of this thread is the strange sound, the particular topic is the proposal of the phenomenon is a warning. This is a question science can/should provide an answer to. It does not lend itself to philosophical inquiry at all. Unless you are interested in questions of being and consciousness. But that would have to be a whole other thread, surely?

Physics in the case of this phenomenon provide answers. Perhaps not exactly the majority of physics being taught to students at this time but certainly physics more like the kind Tesla was interested in.

Confusing metaphysics with physics leaves you open to confusing religion with science to my mind. Although metaphysics is not religion as such is a preferred route of people who are interested in answers of the mystical kind. When scientists start dipping into mysticism a la Carl Jung, they stop looking at the material world and this means they are not being scientists.

Best not to confuse a field of study like geophysics (the focus of the last article and the journal you link to) with metaphysics. Its a quick slide from there to confusing scientific investigation with religious inquiry.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AKS83
 


You are very welcome aboard, and I am very happy you have begun your posting on this thread. As many others seemed to have - quite surprising.

This is the thread not travelling through mystical zones



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting stuff ya got here. I read a little around the web and some say it's do to either our crust or core slowing down.
but who really knows!
I know the earth is completeing a "wobble" on its axies this year.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by MamaJ
 


Physics and metaphysics. Not the same thing. One is a scientific concern, the other philosophic. The focus of this thread is the strange sound, the particular topic is the proposal of the phenomenon is a warning. This is a question science can/should provide an answer to. It does not lend itself to philosophical inquiry at all. Unless you are interested in questions of being and consciousness. But that would have to be a whole other thread, surely?

Physics in the case of this phenomenon provide answers. Perhaps not exactly the majority of physics being taught to students at this time but certainly physics more like the kind Tesla was interested in.

Confusing metaphysics with physics leaves you open to confusing religion with science to my mind. Although metaphysics is not religion as such is a preferred route of people who are interested in answers of the mystical kind. When scientists start dipping into mysticism a la Carl Jung, they stop looking at the material world and this means they are not being scientists.

Best not to confuse a field of study like geophysics (the focus of the last article and the journal you link to) with metaphysics. Its a quick slide from there to confusing scientific investigation with religious inquiry.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)


Who said I was confused?
I know differences ...yet I find links....please don't let yourself get confused!!

If you do not SEE everything connected then we are so far apart from one another we have nothing more to say as far as agreeing on ANY pov.

I leave you to entertain yourself and others in this thread.


Peace!!!

Jenn



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have experienced this phenomenon, as well as a few Facebook friends of mine who are local to me.

The true nature of the noise being heard here (Western Massachusetts) is a low frequency, loud, continual grumble. Imagine a small fleet of 747 jet liners, 3 miles away, full engine power & stationary (no dopplar effect whatsoever). That's what it sounds like. The noise continued for 4-5 hours here, on Feb 5. The noises were exactly due North of my position (42.047843, -72.463921)

On Feb 14, a strange, repeating "beep" was heard, almost like a car alarm, but as if it was slowed down in time. One 2 second "honk", with auditory ascention up the scale, then 10 seconds of dead air. This noise continued for roughly 2 hours, coming from a direction due south of my lcoation. This noise, I'm not too sure about. It was coming from an area of land that is 80% forest, 20% farm land. It was entirely too far away and too long lasting to be a car alarm, so I leave it to ATS to figure out.

As far as the metal noises/grumbling noises, my vote goes to something wrong with the core/magnetic field, and I believe it has to do with solar storms and the barrage of CME's we're in right now. I don't know if I'm right, and I don't know the consequences if I am, but I doubt it's good.
edit on 16-2-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Oh do I agree with you! Have you read the Hapgood Theory or Timewave Zero...perhaps something to do with the Schumann Resonance. They all make sense. Dosn`t look very rosy thought. Also many metaphysical, esoteric ideas seem to me interesting as well. The truth is that it is all just guessing, including the scientists....your or my guess is as good as anyone`s...LOL



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirossarkany
Oh do I agree with you! Have you read the Hapgood Theory or Timewave Zero...perhaps something to do with the Schumann Resonance. They all make sense. Dosn`t look very rosy thought. Also many metaphysical, esoteric ideas seem to me interesting as well. The truth is that it is all just guessing, including the scientists....your or my guess is as good as anyone`s...LOL



True enough and one field of study blinded by its own ego and not coupled to work together within another field of study does not create a balance..it creates a lot of disinformation when not coupled together to create a whole. My opinion of course.


As things heat up I encourage all of you to investigate for yourself the metaphysical side because it goes hand and hand and is connected in such a way that will blow your mind right out unto the unseen reality.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So true> Sadly that pesky human ego is a nasty trait that we have. We find it hard to even think of something or idea beyond the normal perimeters of our own limited reality.Our reality must always be right, painful to acknowledge that at times we have to pool together our ideas and a totally new one may emerge...even perhaps a new reality. And, major; we find it rather hard to think beyond 3D , which is rather limiting and we strongly believe that science has or will have all the answers. I think the human race will soon have a rude awakening, or maybe an exciting epiphany about existence.



posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hmmm. How about this for an indicator of cause?

Looking at the google maps (see page 21) that have been flagged it is hard to miss the fact the localities where the sound is being reported form clusters. The reports are not evenly dispersed across the globe.

Can the localities be found to align with latitude, or if you like parallel lines? It seems they can and do.

Although the way they are grouped looks like bands rather than lines until you zoom in.

The earth orbits the sun tilted, the equatorial plane so perhaps the lines would conform to a spiral pattern not complete but broken according to the face of the earth exposed when the CME hits. By comparison these flagged google maps do not indicate a pattern traceable along the meridian, from pole to pole.

Here is a link with graphics

When a coronal ejection (CME) targets the earth (unintentionally of course), it would strike diagonally I would imagine almost along the lines of the parallels. Imagine the scorch marks produces by a acetylene torch held to a base ball. The lines of impact might be pronounced when the CME is particularly strong, and not discernible when it is much weaker. Anyway, some idle conjecture for your consideration.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the same sound as the ones described by people around the world lately but
I found some random info on what I think is the same subject on the net, one is about the description
of the sound and the other is about why it may be happening and that it's been happening for quite some
time now.. Here are the links..

I actually found these two links from a link in the "The Greatest Conspiracy Ever Known - Tesla, The law of nature and modern existance.," thread here on ATS, a poster posted a link about that subject but it also lead to many
other links (man i'm using that word alot) as to how I found these two. So give them a look if you want, I found
them pretty similar in explanation of the sound and interesting.

The first one is description, the second is about the cause.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel
 


I heard the rumbling in Woonsocket, RI same exact sound... it just sounds like you said fleet of 747's



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdlike
 


Thanks for linking to 'the Hum'.

Nope. This would have to be a completely different phenomenon to the strange sounds being reported. That is, going by this page on your linked site.




It must be clearly understood that the Hum is NOT a noise in the normal sense of the word, it is a perceived sound generated in the head of the sufferer. Only a small percentage of people can actually "hear" the Hum but the cause undoubtedly effects the population at large


Clearly from the many reports and of course video recordings of the strange sound is in fact real "in the normal sense of the word" and can be heard on the recordings..



Most sufferers start to hear the Hum at about the age of 50 with a two thirds majority of women.
This is clearly the result of changes taking place in the body for the presence of the Hum has been established on a national scale for some forty years


The majority of people who have submitted these reports and of a discernible approximate age seem to be younger than fifty, and there is clearly a very hefty representation of males.

Your link does not seem to be able to explain the strange sounds (But I starred you anyway for putting in the effort
).
edit on 17-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick
 


Adding Woonsocket, RI, Massachusetts, USA to the list. Thank you!

EDIT.
And added to the Google map linked to on page 21 in post with (old) map image..
edit on 17-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone
 


My husband and I heard the strangest sound the other night. I was upstairs on the computer and he was downstairs watching tv. Our three dogs were downstairs in the living room where the tv is. All of a sudden there was a big honking sound, sort of like that noise an elephant makes, really loud too. My husband hollered up to me, "What was that? Did you hear it?" .... "Yes, I sure did," I answered. He said that the dogs didn't act as if they'd heard anything. It sounded like it had come from downstairs somewhere in the kitchen/dining area. And now I'm reading all about trumpet sounds; isn't that what they call that sound that elephants make: trumpeting? Mercy.



posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I heard the sounds mid-January in Lexington, KY. It didn't last though, maybe 2 or 3 minutes. I thought it might have been a train or something (although I have never heard a train from my apartment before).



new topics
 
160
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join