It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela threatens Britain over Falklands as its president vows to side with Argentina

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Never minf half of the patagonia belong to the CHINEESE, i guess they would be doing something..
By the way they are doing something they are breaking USA and EUROPE economy in a half.

Good for them, they may even brink in your country all togheter and brake it in a half also!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

I m sorry to tell you that here we are getting the best marks of economic growth in the last 150 years so there is NOT an economic problem as you state.
Deny ignorance or buy a better newspaper please!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

And then you will be expecting a shoen of force from the CHINNESE who own half of our patagonia in Argentina.
i guess you won`t like it

link   
The Brits have got no money, how are they going to fight a war ? I think if Venezuela got involved the Brits would have to finally stay in their own back yard.

edit on 6-2-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

link   

You really are a war pig arent you? It doesnt matter if its killing Iranians or any other group threatened by Israel, your there defending the upcoming slaughter and promoting war...You must take pleasure in the death of human beings..
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive

What a dumb statement to this use. War is a viable option when another country open dialogue that insinuates a threat.

The Island are under UK "governance" for want of a better word and in order to protect its peoples interest and the UK interest a toilet like Argentina and Venezuela should do better than to mouth of.

I say a show of military power in some way needs to be applied to nip this in the bud NOW.

War has been an effective mean of resolving two opposing nations. Grow up and stop your random idiotic comments. And using those little emoticons, what are you 12?

But then again based on your user name

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What makes you colonialist was the massacre of the Argentinian islanders living there in 1832,( yeah they were argentinians because we declared our independency in 1816, ok) but you never wrote about it, and stated that there was noone in the island; the same as the spanish did about the mayans and aztec people; besides who will notice, huh???

Just a lottle piece of land

WE NOTICED IT

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Y apply to your thoughts my friend, they are just making money out of this, they never cared about the islanders, it is just for the money... the thing is that the islanders even don`t know about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Do you have proof that they never lived up there?

OR YOU JUST KILLED THE PROOF???

as always you can`t see your own tail, cause you will bite it!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
At one time, the British Empire had quite a lot of the world. But you see how they screwed it all up by their treatment of those they Lorded over. They were selfish and thought they were superior to other races and dialects, but one by one they were driven out or gave up the lands because money was hard and times were bad. They hold onto the islands (which belong to Argentina) to show they still have a foothold in two hemispheres and times zones on the planet. But that is bound to change as they fall ever closer to total economic collapse with the rest of Europe. Then the Argentinians can just go and take them back easily enough.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
wow the British Empire is shaking!
bravo for Chavez!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Those Islands have been fought over by France (who were the original 'owners' if anyone can be considered the rightful historical owners it is them) Spain and Britain (with some brief involvement of the United territories/Argentina back in the early 1800s. Since 1820 they have been an Independent Overseas British territory.

All of you seem to be forgetting that the Falkland islanders are an independent and democratic people. The people there are consulted regularly regarding their nationality and they will remain British citizens for as long as THEY want to and as long as they are British citizens the Islands are a British overseas territory. It is not the choice of the government of Argentina OR Britain, it is the choice of the PEOPLE who live there.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

The Islands never belonged to Argentina originally, the first inhabitants were French.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath

Do you have proof that they never lived up there?

OR YOU JUST KILLED THE PROOF???

as always you can`t see your own tail, cause you will bite it!!!

You got any proof of what you're shouting?

Cheers thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr
bravo for Chavez!

I'm terrified. So much I had to cook a spare round of cheese on toast.

Shaking is not the word. really.

And a cup of tea.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
PrecogPsychicSensitive

your posts come across as both uninformed and from someone who feels war is never the option even when a hostile country is invading here...

lets state facts, the Falkland islands was spanish and British for the most parts...

we have been asked by the ruling body of the Islands to protect them as would be expected by any other part of the UK.

the fact oil has been found has nothing to do with the protection we have given in the past....

the people of the falkland islands are british and wish to be seen as british...

may i ask what country you are from?

since you have "read up" on the islands you are probably aware that in the grand scheme of things Argentina is flexing its muscle here as it feels its entitled to the oil that has possibly been discovered there. you are almost certainley then aware they were given rights to have access to said oil (or at least oil exploration) by the british who not only still want the falkland islands but feel (rightly so) that they should protect the british citizens of the island.

so since obviously you have looked at the islands and decided (i imagine with your many geopolitical, geology and sociology degrees) that the UK (and remeber this is not "england" as you put it, its is the UK) shouldnt have control of the island and infact Argentina who controlled the island one tuesday about 130 years ago should have it i imagine you are going to enlighten the rest of this forum as to what overly complex analysis you have done on this.

you know since you have outright claimed that for the UK to defend these islands is in anyway wrong...

i look forward to some sweet geopolitical analysis
thanks

(as a disclaimer.. i in no way have supported any "wars" we have been in recently, i care not for MSM media claims or how bad the country with gold and oil is and how we should liberate these countries (for oil) i feel we should all keep our selves to our selves in most cases like this unless specifically requested by the governening body of a coutry which has been put forward in a clear and justifiable manner, however, if a country invades another area of land owned and respected worldwide as owned by a differing country, the country who is being invaded has every right to defend its self and retaliate)
edit on 6-2-2012 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
LOL

Argentina even with all of its pathetic SA allies would not be able to to steal our islands,

Its an island, a now very well defended island, we brits are rather dam good at that, and you need a Navy, and a very good one, that can match the best subs & destroyers on the planet today, and also a good air force, troops count for [snip] even with Venezuela and co they just don't have the means to be trying any thing,

It would be lambs to the slaughter

Our new Type 45s 7 in total can track and destroy up to 300 targets each from 1000s miles away, they wont get a single aircraft of the runway this time round, and with RAF Ascension islands to the north plus The Falklands 2x unsinkable aircraft carriers, its now or never for them, as in 2015 we'll have 4, not to mention The brand new Astute class subs, which makes it game over

So be gone you annoying pesky Argies and leave our people alone, they was there before your 3rd world was even born out of the ashes and the massacre of the native south Americans, we colonised those island over 200yrs ago and we took those uninhabited islands from no one, NO ONE, they are over 200miles of your coast well out of your territorial waters, and they wish to remain British, you have no claim, no right, and no might to steal them, [snip] off

Oh and btw, US oil company's have invested 2billion needed into the construction of the facility's, to build and start production of the 500+billion barrel fields located in the region, so if by some utter miracle Argentina & its rabble of 3rd world allies in there WW2 era Navy & Air force got the better of us... its extremely likely the US would have something to say about that, looks like the US took the deal the dumb Argies refused huh

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by metalpr
bravo for Chavez!

I'm terrified. So much I had to cook a spare round of cheese on toast.

Shaking is not the word. really.

And a cup of tea.

He's confusing the shaking with fear... not realising its adrenalin, and a might KO is about to take place,

Chavez: face palm

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

And how do you suppose Argentina would take over the Falklands...? Do you not think they would go in with their military and start a war and kill the locals until they gave up...?

Think about it genius, at least the English option lets the people of the Falklands choose...

Sniper...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351

Think about it genius, at least the English option lets the people of the Falklands choose...

Genuinely brilliant words there.

Despite all hatred directed towards the English, at least we gave them a vote, we gave them options and we're willing to protect them.

Yet we're the bad guys.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
British guys...

British

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join