It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela threatens Britain over Falklands as its president vows to side with Argentina

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

By whisker to a small portion of our forces?

Great...Well done to them.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

I'm not sure what you mean. 13 bombs hit ships but did not explode. A Brit said had just 4 (or maybe 6?) more had exploded they would have lost. That's a whisker to me. Had it gone worse I expect maybe the Brits would have dispatched long range bombers to the Argentine mainland to drop some persuasion. The 82 war could have been avoided but every time Argentina agreed to Thatcher's terms she would up the ante. Time ran out. Bitch!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I KNEW IT!

Many people in my country (Venezuela) said that Chavez started the whole Falkland Islands (Las Malvinas as I had always known it) problem and it is true! That Kirchner is a big sucker of Chavez seriously. Now I believe it! What an idiot. What are young to do Chavez send the old/worn weapons Russia sold you? Definetely Romania against Norway.

I call him a sensationalist slut. You know how long he goes on tv for? HOURS PEOPLE, THE RECORD HAS BEEN ABOUT 6-8 HOURS. Talking about he took a sh*t one day and couldnt find toilet paper.

NO FREAKING KIDDING.

Thats the president of Venezuela

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

But who are the good guys?

There does seam to be a lot going on around the world at the moment.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

I have known the islands as Las Malvinas becaus probably that was an easier way to call it.
I then learn the Falklands Islands were British... You just assume they are Argentine because 1) the name and 2) teh location.

Then I met a British girl from the Falkland Islands and my face was
and then she said: "Las Malvinas" and theeeeeeen I got really embarrased. She looked pretty pissed off... and then explained. aaaaaaaah!! DING DING DING One more thing learnt!

I dont like Kirchner because she sucks money from my country. I hate Cahvez with great passion becasue he destryoed my country period, no arguments (bring it and I asnwer you). and Cameron, well he simply is a twat in England.. all the cuts we are having! ppf!

I dont believe in politicans period. But I still vote.. what else can I do?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

One good guy is the one that you have as a picture and got killed...

and ask for the other good guys... the also got killed.

I think good guys are just scared to appear... and I dont blame them

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Argentina's ostensible allies in Latin America are absolutely irrelevant, even if one assumes that vocal support and hi-fiving translates into meaningful military support in a conflict that Argentina is loath to initiate, to put it lightly.

In fact, Argentina has reason to consider military support from a country like Venezuela to be counter-productive. An attack with even a remote chance of being successful must be a surprise attack, but the necessary organisation and manoeuvring required to support Argentina militarily cannot be achieved without alerting us and therefore giving us the opportunity to reinforce the islands and take other measures. Then there's the fact that certain countries would jump at the chance to maul Venezuela's kit.

Originally posted by NightFlyer96
England is threatening Argentina by sending a war ship and a nuclear sub

You consider the routine deployment of an air defence (there's a clue in there somewhere) destroyer to be threatening behaviour? One must assume that there is always an SSN in the area, so floating that one makes no difference at all. Said "nuclear sub" does not carry nuclear weapons, just in case you were thinking that. So no, we're not threatening to attack Argentina for no apparent reason using one sub, an air-defence ship and the future King in a search and rescue helicopter.

What a great country they are right?

Yep we're bloody brilliant mate.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
and for the person who says that Israel has no control over UK.

Thats a big big lie.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

Thats a big big lie.

Huh?

How did you get Israel into this debate?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Excellent army Chavez will be helping with and the ultra new technology that would be enlighting us with. Here are some picture from 4th of Feb parade

UK should be very very scared
edit on 6-2-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2012 by azulejo because: Petition from Sir/Lord Shooshhh as he couldnt be asked to scroll down

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Around 100,000 Anglo-Argentines are the descendants of English immigrants to Argentina. They are one of the most successful immigrant groups of Argentina, gaining prominence in commerce, industry, and the professions. Many are noted by their ability to speak English in family circles, with an undistinguishable English accent. A respected English language newspaper, the Buenos Aires Herald, continues to be published daily in Buenos Aires. English settlers arrived in Buenos Aires in 1806 (then a Spanish colony) in small numbers, mostly as businessmen, when Argentina was an emerging nation and the settlers were welcomed for the stability they brought to commercial life. As the 19th century progressed more English families arrived many bought land to develop the potential of the Argentine pampas for the large-scale growing of crops. The English founded banks, developed the export trade in crops and animal products and imported the luxuries that the growing Argentine middle classes sought.

Paradoxally, the Commander Officer of the Argentines Troops that landed in the Malvinas/Falklands in 1982, was the Argentine Admiral Carlos Busser, a man with English ascendents.

there are more english living in argentina than in the Falklands! and you retards want to nuke it lol
edit on 6-2-2012 by Gloster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Thats a big big lie.

Huh?

How did you get Israel into this debate?

Israel always appears, then hitler, then the illuminati.

Obama may also randomly feature

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

OMG

Did you read the whole threat?
Someone INTRODUCES Israel into the threat by syaing it has no influence over the UK.. I dont know why he/she said that, YOU CAN ASK HER/HIM!

then I post stuff about the threat and then you choose to go for this one.

I am just posting MY opinion about what someone says in this threat... I didnt bring it up!

Im sorry I have put my finger in your sore spot!
You two are the trolls here!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Oh, do please just f*** off. All you do is spout your hatred for the UK and add nothing constructive to any threads on these forums.

The Falklands have NEVER belonged to Argentina, ever, and they never will. Get that into your head.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloster

That is another problem in Latin America though, have you seen the images of Argentines burning the Uk flag? There is a group doing it, it is not the majority but there is a group.

That is teh story everywhere in Latino-America. In Venezuela, there is a large population that descents from Spanish, I believe the majority. The others are descendent of Italian, Portuguese, German, Lebanese, Syrian, etc.

The goverment and all goverments of Latino America are wanting to create a nationalist/patriotic propaganda by hating the descendants of the countries by labelling the immigrants descendants "imperialists", "bourgeois" "squalids" (which are mistakenly refered to the middle class, upper class) and to gain votes and power from the lower classes as they wrongly think they are 100% pure Venezuelan, which is very very unlikely.

In Bolivia is happening, in Ecuador... I believe in Argentina may be happening but Im not entiurely sure... I think the Malvinas issue is one way of getting away with such propaganda... to retain "Argentine pride"

the other reason is the oil...

and how this is obtained in Latino America? You barely learn about England in the Falklands and all in purpose so when you learnt it (happen to me) you get all shocked abou the "invasion" of England into "our" territory. What you dont learn is that the huge majority of the "Malvinas" is English!

I think it is a bit ridiculous they got those lands as they are quite close to Argentina but now all the people there are English and there is a very small minority which is Argentine and Chilean.

I think Argentina should let it go but as I mentioned, it is all propaganda

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Excellent army Chavez will be helping with and the ultra new technology that would be enlighting us with. Here are some picture from 4th of Feb parade

UK should be very very scared

Terrified.

"Oooo Miguel your stars are all wonky!"

Please don't send any of your homo-commandos over here.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

i was just making a somewhat lighthearted comment about the nature of ATS threads.

It wasn't a dig at you personally.

Israel has nothing to do with the UK. It certainly has nothing to do with the Falkland islands issue.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

should I maybe say sarcarm in my next picture post?

Of course they are all wonky, they are supposed to be 7 stars but then Chavez had to ruined the flag, the emblem, the constitution, the currency bills and coins, everything he had to re-design!

edit my last sentences for you as I then realised you are English and not Argentine (embarrased face here)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

exaclty!

Thank you! (I have learnt now that "Thanks a lot" can be understood as sarcastic and that was not my intention)

Why would I want to have some stupid argument that has nothing to do with this threat in here? It is in my best interest for people in ATS to know who Hugo Rafael Chavez Frias is!!

This is the year of the free fight! We have elections this year

edit on 6-2-2012 by azulejo because: English crazy ways of communication being interpreted as sarcasm

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

should I maybe say sarcarm in my next picture post?

Or just don't spam the thread with pictures at all!

and isnt it a bit stupid to have Venezuela as an ally? arent we a bit too far from you?

Just a bit, but it isn't difficult to provide military support to Argentina in a conflict that will never happen.

Are you Argentine? Can you tell me what happened with the "suitcase" issue.... that was wiped off from the face of Earth..!

I'm afraid not.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join