It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela threatens Britain over Falklands as its president vows to side with Argentina

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I agree, and niether should America?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
yea US has smothered and secured so much territory across the globe already, anymore and well....we are at the mercy of wholly solely NWO one world government/tyrant

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You do realize that this is just talk right ? Venezuela does not have the capacity t o do anything.Same with Argentina. They can talk all they want, but there is nothing that they can do. The type 45 destroyer which is headed down there and there is most likely a Trafalgar class sub there too along with planes based on the islands. Nothings gonna happen, this is just more of a political move for Venezuela.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
UK should NOT be allowed to reward itself with this imperially settled land for genocide upon the natives...

www.andaman.org...

Tierra del Fuego is the southernmost part of continental South America - nothing to do with the Falklands.

The islands were uninhabited when settled by Europeans, so your genocide clip has no relevance whatsoever.

We'll give the Falklands to Argentina just as soon as Guam gets returned to The Philippines.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
UK should NOT be allowed to reward itself with this imperially settled land for genocide upon the natives...

www.andaman.org...

Argentina Should NOT reward its self with imperially settled land for genocide upon the natives,

That only works one way since we committed no such crime in the Falklands, however, Spain/Argentina massacre hundreds of thousands, hypocrisy in its highest form

edit on 7-2-2012 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

LOL, you act as if you have something to gain from this war...you are a drone like the rest of us sir. why do you have so much pride in the land that you live in???
Do you have shares in the weapons contract???

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aSitWaS

LOL, you act as if you have something to gain from this war...you are a drone like the rest of us sir. why do you have so much pride in the land that you live in???
Do you have shares in the weapons contract???

Does this mean we should just sit back and ignore the wishes of the people in the Falklands to remain British as they always have been? and if we sympathise with them were all oil tycoons & weapons contractors?

If i lived in the Falkland and was being threatened by a country who had already invaded my home once before, id want the people in the UK to stick up for me to, wouldn't you?

Do you think its right they should ignore you and let you be ruled by a foreign country where they will no doubt remove you from your home,

I don't, especially not when they don't and never have owned them, sounds like a cowardly thing to do tbh, and an incredibly stupid one also,

why do you have so much pride in the land that you live in?

Its the pride that put us on the map that's why, there's alots to be proud of in all fields, we pioneered many things and remain at the forefront still today, the question is, why not,

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath

Do you have proof that they never lived up there?

OR YOU JUST KILLED THE PROOF???

as always you can`t see your own tail, cause you will bite it!!!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry,

Plenty of archaeological digs & history says your talking utter BS, don't forget the Turkish, Spanish, & French had all visited prior to the British colonising a year after the French, so are the British government paying them all for there silence or are you just making things up as in the rest of your post?

There was inhabitants on the islands, hundreds even thousands of years prior to the French & British but they had long gone/left, in any case they would not have been Argentinian, but much rather ancient natives of the people you stole your land of,, please feel free to check up on the finds from the many archaeological digs down in the Falklands, carbon dating doesn't lie, only your leaders

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive

Originally posted by michael1983l
The thing is that you could argue wars like Iraq and Afghanistan had suspect motives. However the UK has every right to defend those Islands and given the remotness I would say an attack on them would justify a tatical nuclear response.

There is just no argument as far as I can see, the Falkland people want to remain masters of their own destiny and that should be the end of it. The UN could have put a lid on this a long time ago by ruling that the Islands have their right to self determination, but they expect Britain to negotiate away the Islanders soverignty instead.

At the minute I can't see any other way out other than a show of force by the UK. A mass exercise down there should do the trick.

You really are a war pig arent you? It doesnt matter if its killing Iranians or any other group threatened by Israel, your there defending the upcoming slaughter and promoting war...You must take pleasure in the death of human beings..

PrecogPsychicSensitive

I never thought there was anyone more Stupid than George W Bush but now I know there IS after reading your post......!

A War Pig ? Including Isreal in the differences over the Falklands... I have never heard such Rubbish..... you are quite clearly a huge 'Cock' !

The Falklands have independance and the Islanders want to remain British.
The Falklands have little strategic value apart from there might be oil down there.
Argentina and the other South American tin pot 'spicks' also realise oil 'might' be there and so they want it to prop up their beleagured and poorrly run economies.

FYI - in the 1982 when the British had a War Pig (:lol
war with Argentina..... that was fought over the people of the Islands and not be cause of any oil rights... it was not known then.... why should the UK give them up now ?

PrecogPsychicSensitive, you are really the biggest Cock I have ever has the displeasure to speak with on ATS...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Haha you are very mistaken if you think Israel has no influence in the UK. The Rothschild family is one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the UK and they are Jewish. Do you think that doesn't play a role in some decisions that are made?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Israel always appears, then hitler, then the illuminati.

Obama may also randomly feature

The Falklands War

Argentina was supported by Israeli IAI advisors, who were already in the country and continued their work during the conflict. Israel also sold weapons and crucial drop tanks that extended the combat radius of Argentine fighter-bombers,

Seems Israel did make an appearance. Just waiting on hitler and the illuminati now

Wonder what the tension will be like come the next international football game between Argentina and England

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rebzo
Soon the great Britain will be not so great.....rumors are the scots are giving u the boot.....there goes the oil fields there goes the parking space for your nuclear subs...there goes ur economy

Rebzo

Your complete dislike for the British confuses me........ you seem completely devoted to creating critism and negativity and I am wondering if you were abused as a child or have had some experince which makes you see the world in such a negative way..??

I'm curious because your simple, purile comments indicate to me that something is not right and you lack the basic reasoning of a normal human being.......

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath

What makes you colonialist was the massacre of the Argentinian islanders living there in 1832,( yeah they were argentinians because we declared our independency in 1816, ok) but you never wrote about it, and stated that there was noone in the island; the same as the spanish did about the mayans and aztec people; besides who will notice, huh???

Just a lottle piece of land

WE NOTICED IT

Britain first 'landed' on the Falklands in 1690.............. some time before Argentina exsisted and long before the Monroe Doctrine....
The Falkland Islanders want to remain British, regardless of the odd one who goes off to Argentina for publicity purposes...
Argentina has a female leader who is desperate to deflect attention away from the fact that Argentina still has serious problems economically........ a conflict would be good for morale..

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
[m

Interesting. The last time the Falklands were dragged out in this way, the British economy was in the toilet, and Maggie needed a diversion to take the peoples minds off it, what better thing to do this than a war.The British economy is again suffering, and they need a diversion again. Hugo could benefit from this in the same way.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

The thing is .. Englands military strenght is and has always been insignificant.

The only people you dare to mess with are 3rd world countries.

Why don't you have a big mouth threatening the russians or Chinese ?

Oh right .. you couldn't even fend off the Germans in WW2 without the help of ten other countries.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

The thing is .. Englands military strenght is and has always been insignificant.

Oh right .. you couldn't even fend off the Germans in WW2 without the help of ten other countries.

Meanwhile, the US singlehandedly wins every war it's ever been involved in.

How'd that invasion of Cuba go?...

Vietnam a major 1st World Country in the '50's was it?...

'War on Terror' conclusively over? Suppose there's not/never was 10+ allied countries involved?...

And it's the UK, not England.

*Apologies if you're not from the US
edit on 7-2-2012 by Scottoffee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

If the British and it's Allies hadn't stood up and fought off Hitler in the 40's then you probably wouldn't have been around to make such an idiotic and stupid statement like your post above.......

You , H1ght3chHippie are just a poor excuse for someone trying to make a weak point.....

Your comment in my opinion Desocrates those whom sacrificed themselves for the freedom we enjoy today.....

You are Pathetic !!!

Have a nice day

PDUK

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother
That would be like Romania joining in with Norway for possession of Shetland. Irrelevant and at best a futile gesture.

I still maintain this is just South American politicians trying to make themselves look like they are doing something instead of sorting their own economic mess out. Give the population a distraction, "Hey, look over there!".

I highly doubt the Venezuelan population would be in agreement if it did come to war, i doubt they want their armed forces eradicated too.

No offence to anyone from the nations mentioned above.
edit on 6/2/2012 by ThorsBrother because: Corrections

If that was the case, then why is the UK sending nuclear submarines, carriers and their own prince to the area?

You need 2 to dance the tango.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

Originally posted by ThorsBrother
That would be like Romania joining in with Norway for possession of Shetland. Irrelevant and at best a futile gesture.

I still maintain this is just South American politicians trying to make themselves look like they are doing something instead of sorting their own economic mess out. Give the population a distraction, "Hey, look over there!".

I highly doubt the Venezuelan population would be in agreement if it did come to war, i doubt they want their armed forces eradicated too.

No offence to anyone from the nations mentioned above.
edit on 6/2/2012 by ThorsBrother because: Corrections

If that was the case, then why is the UK sending nuclear submarines, carriers and their own prince to the area?

You need 2 to dance the tango.

To kick some Argie arse if need be

Nah i'm joking, we have been over this since page 1

They're replacing/reliving assets currently on duty there, every 6 months ships switch, its routine the only difference is the ship sent to relive the old 70s Type42 destroyers is one of the brand new Type45 destroyers which pretty much grounds any aircraft in the Argentine air force

edit on 7-2-2012 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I cannot believe there are still people defending Argentina. Understand this, the inhabitants want to remain BRITISH!! Do you understand? Is that getting through to your heads? It would be like the French trying to claim Jersey or Spain trying to claim Gibraltar, the inhabitants do not want to be ruled by Argentina, please get that in to your heads when saying that Britain is the colonial evil and Argentina is the victim. If Britain allowed the Falklands to come under Argentina's territory, it would be condemning the inhabitants to something that they have never desired nor wished for and are completely against. This is aside from the fact that Britain had the Falklands before Argentina even existed as a country and the islands were just rocks.

It's amazing that there are people on ATS who give their support based on their personal bias, rather than an objective assessment based on the facts that are in front of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join