It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela threatens Britain over Falklands as its president vows to side with Argentina

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Yep. Britain isn't going to give up the islands voluntarily without the islanders' say so and the Argentine military option is hopeless; this should make it perfectly clear that what we are seeing is nothing more than an awfully transparent attempt at rabble rousing. As far as I'm concerned, she can cry to the UN until the cows come home.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
My oh my how times change

From the US Marine Corps Command and Staff College 4 May 1987 as posted on
www.globalsecurity.org...

DOUBTS BY BOTH SIDES
Both British and Argentine politicians expressed doubts
about the legitimacy of their respective cases during the first
few decades of the 20th century.
1. A memorandum published by an official of the British
Foreign Office's Research Department in 1910, for example,
lent a great deal of credence to the standing Argentine
position. It indicated concern over the fact that the
sovereignty issue had not been resolved in the 1771 peace
declarations and allowed that there probably was some truth
to the Argentine claim of the secret agreement that was
allegedly made prior to the signing of those declarations.
The head of the Foreign Office's American Department stated
that from reading the memorandum it was "difficult to avoid
the conclusion that the Argentine government's attitude is
not altogether unjustified and that our action has been
somewhat high-handed."(21) Twenty-six years later, the
Foreign Office addressed the subject again. In 1936 the
head of the British Foreign Office's American department in
1936 stated that "it is therefore not easy to explain our
possession without showing ourselves up as international
bandits."(22)
2. In 1927, after examining the British position on the
sovereignty issue, Argentina's foreign minister concluded
that it was "exceedingly strong."(23)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

A memorandum published by an official of the British
Foreign Office's Research Department in 1910.............

With all due respect, there has been over another 100 years of continued occupation of the islands since this evaluation was done which makes it pretty redundant and irrelevant really doesn't it.

It's a bit like saying as assessment on Hawaii statehood in 1910 would still be relevant today.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Couldn't resist either eh?

At least we have been restrained this time round!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Depends .If the Chinese decide to give Df-21 carrier killer missiles to Argentina then British navy will be a bunch of practice targets.A few Kornet ATGM's would take care of the challenger tanks.

Britain has overextended itself with its imperial wars in Libya and Afghanistan and it is best time for argentina to take back what rightfully belongs to Argentina.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

And also the best time for the Maoists to take Andhar Pradesh and to overthrow the hideous caste system, which is a total stain on mankind. And as for crippling kids just to earn extra money begging, well what can you say to that?

I suggest you sort your own nations hideous problems out before spouting off about how evil a different country is. Honour killings? Not just an Islamic thing........ Killing women because they have been raped and therefore shamed the family.......shall i go on?

Or do you choose, again, to not answer those and just spout off about how evil Britain is? Total joke.....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yeah, I just couldn't let that one pass, but restraint is still very much the order of the day......then we get the usual nonsense posted straight after you,
but.....................??

ETA
Quality response.

edit on 9/2/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by Soshh

Depends .If the Chinese decide to give Df-21 carrier killer missiles to Argentina then British navy will be a bunch of practice targets.A few Kornet ATGM's would take care of the challenger tanks.

Yeah and when pigs fly then they can fly pigs into our Typhoons as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why thank you

I wasn't going to bother but then i thought, hang on a minute, why not expect an answer for once rather than enduring another diatribe.....

I actually like India a lot, plus many other nations we used to "own". However, i have no intention for apologising for something that may or may not have happened centuries ago, much as i believe Germany has nothing to apologise for these days. Or do we take it further?

By Ghandhas' logic, we should be taking Norway, Denmark, Sweden, France and Italy for past injustices carried out by them. Romans? Destroyed our natural way of life and our murdered huge swathes of us. I will take Campania in retribution......

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Depends .If the Chinese decide to give Df-21 carrier killer missiles to Argentina then British navy will be a bunch of practice targets

HMS Dauntless is generally regarded as the most advanced Destroyer type ship in the world, it could single handedly neutralise the whole of South America's fighter aircraft, and I assure you that is no jingoistic boast - it's the truth.

Why would China sell any DF-21's to Argentina?
They haven't sold any to any other nation, ever - why would they start now?
Are you just plucking potential scenario's out of thin air because nothing you have posted has any basis in reality whatsoever and are the imaginations of deluded fantasist.

.A few Kornet ATGM's would take care of the challenger tanks.

I'm no weapons expert but even I know that any state of the art anti-missile defence system can eliminate Kornets as a serious threat.

It's one thing Hamas using them on Israeli school buses but quite another thing expecting a poortly trained conscript army using them on one of the best tanks and their crews in the world.

And just why would we be using Challenger tanks in The Falklands and just how would the Argentinain military ever be in a position to deploy them?

It's an absolutely ridiculous scenario.

You have zero credebility whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Forgive me, for I am weak and I just had to.

I know he's not representative of India and Indians.
I have lots of friends of Indian descent and they are a valued and respected part of British culture etc.
India itself still has massive inequalities etc but it is moving forward in a positive way and will be a world super power in years to come.
I considered moving to India for a year or so a few years back but decided not to in the end but I'd still love to visit the country sooner rather than later.

All his posts are based on hypothetical imaginations and have no basis whatsoever in fact.
Like a lot of fanatics and bigots I think he lives in a world so far removed from reality that he is genuinely convinced he's right and has a complete inability to understand why people disagree with him and he blatantly ignore's that which doean't fit in with his fantasies.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Kornets are highly advanced anti-tank missiles which can carried by troops.Hamas does not have them.

Df-21 is a quasi ballistic anti-missile which has a MARV warhead.Excellent for getting through anti-missile defences of the Destroyers and super carriers with a range of 1500 km. Df-21 will turn the british surface navy into practice targets.No aircraft needed for taking out the Destroyer.The 1500 km carrier killer will suffice.

edit on 9-2-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Organisation
No. 1435 Flight – 4 Eurofighter Typhoons
No. 1312 Flight – 1 Vickers VC10, 1 Hercules C3
No. 1564 Flight – 2 Sea King HAR3s.

thats it. A few Buk-m1s and Tor m1s will do. Also Chinese and russians could provide Kh-55 longe range cruise missiles to Argentina. China needs to recoup investment that British and USa ruined in Africa. Best time now.They should help stretch England and help in the Argentine Reconquesta.

Viva la Malvinas!!Viva la Argentina!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yes what happens in India is bad and evil.I do not endorse the evil which the govt and mafia do.But it is the result of mass theft of gold,silver,diamonds,gems,luxuries from India by the British monarchy thugs and the Rothschilds for hundreds of years which impoverished the best nation on earth.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

That is a valid point and 1936 is not much better.

In 1936 the
head of the British Foreign Office's American department in
1936 stated that "it is therefore not easy to explain our
possession without showing ourselves up as international
bandits."(22)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Anyone know what Chavez has in the way of suitable weapons that he could 'lend' to Argentina?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I am hoping that China sells Chavez and Argentina Df-21s in exchange for oil.Excellent Barter .

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

While I feel that China would enjoy displaying to the world their potent Df21 in combat action (non nuke warhead) I think that is VERY doubtful in that the Falklands would not be the proper time nor place. And certainly not just for oil but maybe in exchange for a concession on an entire oil field. I feel that Chavez could not / would not ever agree to that for both political and economic reasons..

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Kornets are highly advanced anti-tank missiles which can carried by troops.Hamas does not have them.

On 6 December 2010 a Kornet launched from the Gaza strip penetrated the armour of a Merkava Mark III tank on the Israeli side of the border, but it caused no injuries in this instance

After this attack the Israeli's deployed Trophy active protection system.

On 7 April 2011 Hamas claimed responsibility for a missile strike on an Israeli yellow school bus which killed a 16-year old boy, Daniel Viflic,[23][24] and wounded another civilian (all the other children who were on the bus got out few minutes earlier). According to Israeli military spokesman, the bus was hit by a Kornet missile

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Df-21 is a quasi ballistic anti-missile which has a MARV warhead.Excellent for getting through anti-missile defences of the Destroyers and super carriers with a range of 1500 km. Df-21 will turn the british surface navy into practice targets

The only problem is China have no intention whatsoever of selling them to anyone let alone Argentina who would probably have to bankrupt their country just to buy one.

It is a complete figment of your imagination.

Yes what happens in India is bad and evil.I do not endorse the evil which the govt and mafia do.But it is the result of mass theft of gold,silver,diamonds,gems,luxuries from India by the British monarchy thugs and the Rothschilds for hundreds of years which impoverished the best nation on earth.

Utter rubbish.

So you are saying there was no inequality in India before The British Raj?

So honour killing in Hindu, Muslim, Sikh and Buddhist communities never existed until then?
The British introduced Sati did they?
As said previously, what about the caste system and it's horrendous treatment of Untouchables etc?
Racial and religious differences never occured before The Raj?
Starvation and poverty didn't exist did it not?
Tribal warfare was introduced by The British?

Of course there was wealth in pre-Britsh India.
And of course there were / are many things about Indian culture and history that India and Indians should be immensely proud of.
But The British Raj was not the total harbinger of doom that you would have people believe.
Yes, there is much to dislike, but there were many positive things as well.

I am hoping that China sells Chavez and Argentina Df-21s in exchange for oil.Excellent Barter .

Exactly, everything you've posted is based on hope and has no basis in reality whatsover.
China will NOT sell DF-21's to Argentina and no-one, anywhere, has ever even remotely hinted at there being even the slightest possibility of it happening at all.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by oghamxx

You are a complete and utter nob. IF China sells this, IF China sells that, blah, blah, blah. IF China deemed to sell any of this kind of weoponary to Argentina and Venezuela, dont you think that the Americans may just 'lend' the UK some of their latest hardware?

If IFS were buts. IF in 1982 the UK had some foresight and had more assets 'down south', all of this current BS would not be occuring and Argentina would still be in the Dark Ages under the heel of a Military Junta.

You are nothing but a Troll.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join