It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory, the 24 Elders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

His second coming he doesn't destroy the world, he brings order to chaos.

So do you see a South Park version of Jesus where he has his own TV show?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

The harpazzo is the whole point for some of us.

It's too bad you can't look at yourself objectively and see how other people might see you.
I would see it as extreme narcissism.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

. . . and I'll take John's word for it over my or anyone's private interpretation any day.

Did it never occur to you that Revelation was meant to be interpreted different ways to different people according to their time and circumstance?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . and I'll take John's word for it over my or anyone's private interpretation any day.

Did it never occur to you that Revelation was meant to be interpreted different ways to different people according to their time and circumstance?

2 Peter 1: "19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The harpazzo is the whole point for some of us.

It's too bad you can't look at yourself objectively and see how other people might see you.
I would see it as extreme narcissism.

It's not me or my own authority with which I am fascinated but rather Jesus and his promise. He is worthy and I do long for others to come with in the harpazzo.

By the way, the scripture you were looking for from lonewolf is in 2 peter 3:12 although the whole of chapter 3 is good to read for context.

Too, soon enough the holy spirit will be taken away and people will bury the dead in silence (amos 8) because of a surety, refining fire is coming (luke 12:49).

edit on 7-2-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by NOTurTypical

My thoughts are that people who are not looking forward to Him "coming" neither have His "Spirit" nor are part of the "bride".

This is highly figurative with several layers of symbology stacked up and is not, obviously, to be taken to mean the hell and destruction and blood-letting that your cult-belief envisions.

You do realize some of us Christians don't view scripture either as "figurative" or "symbolic" correct?

OK, then explain this without any figurativeness of symbolism, just the straight literal interpretation:

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

Spirit = Holy Spirit
Bride = Bride of Christ
Come = come
Let him that heareth = Anyone who reads to verse, hears the words
say = verberally speak
Come = again, come
let him that is athirst = someone wanting, someone thirsty for the Living Water.
come = Again, come
Take = receive
Water of Life = a title for Jesus Christ from His own words
freely = grace, without merit

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Religion is only "sacred" to those who worship religion.

This is slander of the highest order and on a massive scale.

Apparently you worship religion then if you consider that statement "slander". lol

No because if it was a true statement then it would not be slander.

Well, I worship Jesus, I do get really bent when people slander Him. I don't worship religion, I couldn't care less if people slander that man-made institution.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

2 Peter 1:20

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I speculate that out of 2.5 billion self-proclaimed "Christians," at best half may know and believe what they are actually saying. Out of that 1-1.5 billion only half are "wise virgins" (mtthw 25). That leaves us with around 700k faithful, world-wide, who believe in and are looking for the harpazo. Your thoughts?

Well Jesus flat out tells us "not all who say to me Lord Lord, shall enter the kingdom of my Father" So obvious there's going to be people who pay lip service to him but whose hearts are not right and neither are their ways.

I for one and looking for the harpazo, i pray like every day it happens. It would be a huge validation when people start disappearing in front of other people right out in public, ofcourse the media would spin it as mass UFO abduction. I would hope there's more than 700k that believe in the harpazo event since Jesus himself says he will call us up to him. I do think that believing in the harpazo may not bear much consquence on your salvation. i'm hoping that maybe 70 million believe it but that could be stretching it. The number 70 crops up to in regards to the 70 weeks of Daniel so we could se 7777777777=70 and 7 just happens to be the number of completion. Who knows?

Just to clarify my typo, half of 1-1.5 billion is 700 million, not 700,000.
i apologize for my poor math and/or typing skills.

So I speculate out of 7 billion people, maybe 700 million are watching and waiting for the Harpazo.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

[color=DarkSlateGray]..This is typical of what you find in books that made it into the NT canon but are forgeries, like 2 Thessalonians where it says, ignore the other letter purporting to have been from me because it is a forgery and see, this is real because it bears my signature from my own hand, notice how the letters are so large.
[color=DarkSlateGray]..Then you have another forged book, 1 Timothy where you have someone pretending to be Paul saying all scripture is inspired, which of course is exactly why the writer is presenting his book in Paul's name, because he wants people to take it as being authoritative.
[color=DarkSlateGray]..You find the same thing in this forgery using the name of the most famous of Jesus' disciples, Peter, where it says other peoples interpretation is no good, and then presents his own private interpretation which the reader is supposed to accept as authoritative based on who supposedly wrote it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Well, I worship Jesus, I do get really bent when people slander Him. I don't worship religion, I couldn't care less if people slander that man-made institution.

You disavow the holy sacraments of the church instituted by Jesus, so of course the above is a false statement.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

let him that is athirst = someone wanting, someone thirsty for the Living Water.

This looks pretty figurative to me so it nullifies your claim of having a literal interpretation.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You disavow the holy sacraments of the church instituted by Jesus, so of course the above is a false statement.

No I don't, stop lying.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

[color=DarkSlateGray]..This is typical of what you find in books that made it into the NT canon but are forgeries, like 2 Thessalonians where it says, ignore the other letter purporting to have been from me because it is a forgery and see, this is real because it bears my signature from my own hand, notice how the letters are so large.
[color=DarkSlateGray]..Then you have another forged book, 1 Timothy where you have someone pretending to be Paul saying all scripture is inspired, which of course is exactly why the writer is presenting his book in Paul's name, because he wants people to take it as being authoritative.
[color=DarkSlateGray]..You find the same thing in this forgery using the name of the most famous of Jesus' disciples, Peter, where it says other peoples interpretation is no good, and then presents his own private interpretation which the reader is supposed to accept as authoritative based on who supposedly wrote it.

Yes, yes, typical. When we want to reject the text I'm sure there's always a dissertation from a critic somewhere we can find.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It's not me or my own authority with which I am fascinated but rather Jesus and his promise. He is worthy and I do long for others to come with in the harpazzo.

Funny how this event has been postponed until your own lime, then it is sped up to make sure it occurs in your own lifetime, like it was invented just for your own enjoyment.
How about the millions of Christians who lived before you? You don't think you could be just like them?
What did they live for, was it all for nothing? I think it was for something, which is your ability to be a Christian in an environment conducive to it and where you have freedom to exercise your religion and tell about Christ and to spread the message of God's love and acceptance of us for the sake of Jesus, so eventually all the world will have this knowledge and to have the entire population of earth filled with the spirit of love. Don't you think that would be a worthwhile desire, rather than having a moment of elation as you are picked out for special treatment while all the others are doomed to a hideous death?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This looks pretty figurative to me so it nullifies your claim of having a literal interpretation.

The use of a single figure of speech doesn't mean the entire verse is figurative. lol

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Funny how this event has been postponed until your own lime, then it is sped up to make sure it occurs in your own lifetime, like it was invented just for your own enjoyment.How about the millions of Christians who lived before you? You don't think you could be just like them?
What did they live for, was it all for nothing?

The event will happen when God decides, as He has shown us through His Word regarding the times and seasons (1 Thess 5). The event is scriptural and is a blessing for those who love God more than this world (1 Cor 15:53-54). I am merely waiting on it to happen; I am hoping it happens in my lifetime. Nevertheless, at any moment I could die but in the event of such I have hope to be raised first with those who are dead in Christ, being caught up into the air with those who are alive and looking (1 Thess 4:15-18). So, whether we live or die we die for Christ and his return for such is the Gospel.

I think it was for something, which is your ability to be a Christian in an environment conducive to it and where you have freedom to exercise your religion and tell about Christ and to spread the message of God's love and acceptance of us for the sake of Jesus, so eventually all the world will have this knowledge and to have the entire population of earth filled with the spirit of love.

My ability and freedom and faith unto Christ was not given by any but Christ himself. One day, a great falling away will occur, if it is not already happening, while our environment ever becomes less and less conducive to the Word as we draw nigh to that great falling away in faith unto the revelation of the son of perdition (2 Thess 2). Only when Christ returns to rule as King on this Earth will the Holy Spirit of Love fill the Earth and all in it but as for today, the spirit of anti-christ and love of money and self exists with us and has hold on many.

Don't you think that would be a worthwhile desire, rather than having a moment of elation as you are picked out for special treatment while all the others are doomed to a hideous death?

You do err' to think that the Harpazo is as a moment of elation like it were a fleeting orgasm of the flesh. You do also err' in your perception of the death's hideousness and doom because many are not condemned to hell but will be saved as by fire (jude 1:22-23, rev 15:2).

Those looking for Christ's harpazo will find it because they made themselves ready through prayer and watching....It is a special gift that is for those who want it like the entirety of salvation being only for thsoe who actually want it. Other believers may love their own lives too much (John 12:25, Mtthw 10:39, mtthw 24) and they will lose it for the sake of Christ when it comes time to worship a man as God (the AC). Others will worship the AC as God because in order to eat, and do business they'll be forced to or die.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

. . . and his return for such is the Gospel.

Really?
That's the Gospel?

edit on 8-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

. . . the times and seasons (1 Thess 5).

Do you mean this verse?

". . . then sudden destruction comes on them . . ."

Most NT scholars think that Paul, the author most likely of 1 Thessalonians, died in 68 A.D., so this would have been written quite a bit before then, this letter being one of his earliest letters we still have. (ignoring 2 Thessalonians as a forgery written after Paul's death) So at this time, the fall of Jerusalem would not have been something anyone would have suspected as being anything that could possibly happen, in the near future, or for that matter, at any time.

The event is scriptural and is a blessing for those who love God more than this world . . .
The event is described as (which I just quoted above) something disastrous to those unawares.

(1 Cor 15:53-54). I am merely waiting on it to happen; I am hoping it happens in my lifetime.
Here is part of that:

I will tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed – in a moment, in the blinking of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

If you understand Jewish belief at that time, Paul is describing judgment. This is the same thing mentioned in the Gospel of John, where Lazarus' sister says 'if you had been here, my brother need not have died', and Jesus says something about coming back to life or something and she says, 'I know he will in the last day.', where she meant judgment. The part I quoted above from 1 Corinthians is one version of the text, where other versions fit into the final judgement scenario, where it says "all will sleep but not all will be changed". So Paul is saying, 'you already understand the concept where everyone at some future unspecified time, will be raised from the dead at least as much as necessary in order to be a witness to their own judgment. Well on that day, if you are already sort of pre-judged through Christ, when you are raised up, it will be in a manner to where you will not just go back to being dead, later'.

edit on 9-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Nevertheless, at any moment I could die but in the event of such I have hope to be raised first with those who are dead in Christ, being caught up into the air with those who are alive and looking (1 Thess 4:15-18). So, whether we live or die we die for Christ and his return for such is the Gospel.
I will quote the first verse in that section where the verses that you are citing are found:

Now we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve like the rest who have no hope.

[color=DarkSlateGray]..The topic of discussion is here introduced, and maybe these people Paul is writing to don't understand about the Jewish concept of Judgment Day since he describes them as having turned from worshiping idols. So Paul is telling these gentiles what the Jews in Corinthians probably already understood, and also keep in mind that this letter was written before the letters to the Corinthians, though it is later in the order they are placed in the NT, so this was at the very beginning of the spread of Christianity into that area.
[color=DarkSlateGray]..Paul is saying, 'Don't worry, everyone is going to be raised on the Last Day, they don't just die forever like your pagan religion would have led you to believe.' This whole discourse is completely detached from any sort of end of the world scenario such as is propagated nowadays. Still, Paul has to try to explain somehow, what happens to everyone if there was a Last Day, as described by the popular Jewish belief of his day.

edit on 9-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join