It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we just go and die?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing I do share abit of your prespective.
Your theard timming is intresting since i was contemplating
this reacently. I was just getting overwhelm with all the negetive
truths on this earth.Sometime i whish everyhing would be fixed
of just fail showing mans arrogants.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

For some, it really is as simple as believing in fairytales.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a buddy of mine discussed how the best way to thwart the NWO, and beat TPTB is for there to be a 7 billion person mass suicide. it would take a week for those 1% ers to perish without us. though who wants that? at that point we might as well fight and die.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Camus once said, the only real philosophical question is whether or not to kill yourself.

That may be true if the game of life isn't much fun anymore for you, but when you forget about how wonderful this song and dance of existence is, you may think twice about not wanting to live anymore.

I don't think it's a coincidence that love and live are one letter different.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I would say suicide is a defeatist outlook, accomplishing nothing of any value. But if there is a sublime afterlife, where there are no such arrogances of man, everything is one, and our souls aren't incarcerated in a bodily prison, wouldn't it be in our best interest to get there as quick as possible? My goal was to point out the glaring absurdities of an afterlife, because if there really was one, we'd all be climbing over each other to get there.

"at that point we might as well fight and die"

Now THAT is living.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Darkblade71

That's my point. Why don't we walk like lemmings to this great eternal realm, or heaven?

I suggest the reason is because our body is telling us why.

The human being is initiated and developed by the corporeal human brain, and the body is designed to support that brain as that brain does what it does to enable the both of them to survive and possibly thrive. The DNA strand that each cell in a person's body contains has a wide range of informational directives and default protocols that evolutionary development has created as a successful basis for that person as a given species. In the average person, that range of default protocols establishes the base line for what you can expect from them.

Now, aiding or opposing these DNA directives (as the case may be) is the gathering mass of dynamic information that the human brain has already configured from moment to moment in its own dedicated effort as a sub-assembly tasked with managing the higher "umbrella" survival functionality (planning, response, initiation, judgment, rumination and learning) required of the sort of organism that the corporeal human being has become. This dynamic information (Intellect) has its own ongoing effect on the choices and determinations that the brain achieves, and the more successful the person - within the overall enterprise of surviving and thriving - the more pronounced the impact of this information source on the larger choices made by that person's brain.

When dealing with the management of a human's corporeal development effort, the Intellect has a different motivation than the body's DNA instructional defaults. The Intellect's focus is primarily on inimitable Identity at all costs, while the DNA instructional defaults are narrowly focused on the survival of the corporeal whole. In some people, the Intellect's unique focus can be detrimental to the survival of the corporeal whole, and in the end, that dedication triumphs, with self destructive decisions and even outright suicide as the end result. However, in most corporeal lives, the balance between the influence of the DNA and the influence of the Intellect mass is properly struck and the human being in question maintains as long a corporeal phase of development as possible.

As to why should anyone bother with prolonging their corporeal development phase? The best analogy is to look at the relative value in cutting any gestational process short. Frankly, I don't see any benefit in cutting a development stage short. Sure, it might've gotten a bit uncomfortable in that placenta when you were in the 9th month, but I think we can all agree that you probably benefited from the extra preparation before sliding out into the big, cold wonderful world.

It's okay to love what's ahead, but it's best to make sure you'll be properly prepared for whatever might come of such a tremendous transition. There are reality anchors in the corporeal world that do not exist in the eternal realm. You can learn a lot about yourself and about reality here that you will never learn once you've left. It's really important that you give yourself every opportunity to become as strong and as knowledgeable as you possibly can before losing this unique connection to objectivity forever.
edit on 2/5/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
the crap about the lemmings is a myth.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Camus once said, the only real philosophical question is whether or not to kill yourself.

That may be true if the game of life isn't much fun anymore for you, but when you forget about how wonderful this song and dance of existence is, you may think twice about not wanting to live anymore.

I don't think it's a coincidence that love and live are one letter different.

Very nicely put, and my point exactly. The "game of life" is all we have, everything ends when it ends.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Because each new sunrise, and sunset, is a gem to me. I like to collect them...They add to my daily pleasure,

edit on 5-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

All I can say is yes, yes and yes. Elegantly put as usual.

But wouldn't this development be deemed unnecessary to someone who believes in an eternal afterlife?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe that we don't do it because we have commitments and responsibilities to OTHER people here on this earth (children, partners, parents, friends, etc.) and we know what it would do to THEM....if we did kill ourselves. Isn't it LOVE that keeps us here? I know that I personally would rather suffer than have any of my children suffer.
I have seen the children survivors of suicide victims and they are ALL suffering greatly.
It's LOVE that keeps us here.....at least, that's my reason.
xoxo

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
I believe that we don't do it because we have commitments and responsibilities to OTHER people here on this earth (children, partners, parents, friends, etc.) and we know what it would do to THEM....if we did kill ourselves. Isn't it LOVE that keeps us here? I know that I personally would rather suffer than have any of my children suffer.
I have seen the children survivors of suicide victims and they are ALL suffering greatly.
It's LOVE that keeps us here.....at least, that's my reason.
xoxo

You go girl!.....

Second line.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

A fine and noble answer.

Although I would say: to battle suffering, by taking the suffering upon yourself, and in the process perpetuating that suffering by making another suffer, is not love, but vanity.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I hear people often mention a creator and a source where we all come from and belong. I've heard it described as some beautiful stream of consciousness, as some eternal metaphysical realm of light or as some universal particle of energy which binds everyone. I've heard that we are souls imprisoned in a body, presumably incarcerated by some divine creator, and we are cursed and banished from our true origin.

If any of these interpretations were the case, would it not be in our best interest to free ourselves from our fragile prisons and return to this oneness, this true origin? Why not end our curse and banishment, and emancipate ourselves from our confines? Why don't we just go and die? What stops us?

There is no life beyond the one life in all its facets. Name it how you like it, Creator, Source, Ocean, One, God, All There Is And All Potential. It is one, not two or three but only one. Everything is part of One.

To experience everything, you have to create differences that allow for perspectives. The 3D density frequency allows for a specific set of perspectives and experiences. Other densities along the frequency band, other experiences.

Whether you are aware of being part of One or not does not matter. You are. Nothing is beyond the One Life Lived. However, this 3D veiled perspective allows for a certain set of perspectives. These perspectives that let you think you are separated from Creator. An independent spark of consicousness. That is to die and get rid of its confinement thinking never to exist again, if I understood you correctly. But there is some ill logic to it, since you cannot be outside of the whole you are already part of. The whole you do not perceive as this is by design so to enable this subsector of reality with all its rich experiences.

But hey, we are running out of novelty. All logic branches of this set of Creation in the Mind of Creator are nearly explored. While this makes room for the bursting of new sets of logic branches waiting to be explored, this also means *drumroll* you are going to get your questions answered this lifetime of yours.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ticktock4712

since you cannot be outside of the whole you are already part of.

My point exactly.

I was pointing out the absurdity of achieving oneness in some eternal afterlife, source, or what I would simply call death, when we are already within the source.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

A lot of people are afraid of the unknown, no one knows what awaits us after death. I personally believe that we simply cease to exist which is why I do not want to commit suicide and I am guessing this is the reasoning behind everyone else's decision!

There is only one way to find out though...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Theoretician

Agreed, and this was my aim in posing the question, to help people realize that there's no point in striving for an eternal oneness, as to do so would be to die. And to wish for oneness, or death is nihilism.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The universe is made up of energy. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Likewise each of us are bundles of energy that just don't dissipate at death but rather get absorbed back into the universe most likely to live again.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So true, LesMis....which is why I am constantly questioning my own motives, to make sure that I am not "consciously" causing the suffering. I think it's important to be in touch with ourselves enough that we can call ourselves out on any bad behaviour....lol....
xoxo

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

My point exactly.

I was pointing out the absurdity of achieving oneness in some eternal afterlife, source, or what I would simply call death, when we are already within the source.

Ah, great! I wasn't sure whether I got you right.

To me, the reason why I am here is: I have the choice to experience unity, oneness, ecstatic joy and every wish fulfilled the second I can think of it. But there is nothing so rewarding and enriching these perspectives than to experience their absence. Be really really thirsty and water tastes like champagne. It is this principle that I follow. Besides, it is a joy to be around here with fellow seekers, each along their path in their process.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join