It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we just go and die?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

would it not be in our best interest to free ourselves from our fragile prisons and return to this oneness

Why would that be in our "best interest"? Or are you denying that life (regardless what REALLY is behind all this) has positive and enjoyable sides?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Darkblade71

That's my point. Why don't we walk like lemmings to this great eternal realm, or heaven?
suggest the reason is because our body is telling us why.
Lemmings do not commit mass suiside run over cliffs ect.Its just one of many animal myths taken as fact.Lile ostriches burrying there heads when in danger.Sure one of the fastest running animals on the planet is going to imobilise an bury its head when faced with attack?Early Europeian travelllers to Africa saw Ostrichies in the distance an it looked like the had there heads burried.But was an illusion a mirage like yous see on hot days wgilst driveing a false horizion wich apears to be puddles of water,Similar thing but they didnt realise an repoeted it as fact,Now everyone things its true.But its not neither is the lemmings,There are many many more fallacys perhaps someone will do a post about them.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

would it not be in our best interest to free ourselves from our fragile prisons and return to this oneness

Why would that be in our "best interest"? Or are you denying that life (regardless what REALLY is behind all this) has positive and enjoyable sides?

On the contrary, I'm promoting life, not denying it's wonder or beauty. What I am saying is that if there was a oneness, or a perfect eternal afterlife where we belong, it would be in our "best interest" to achieve oneness by seeking death, if that's the point of life anyways; and since our body isn't programmed to die and fights for its own survival whether our consciousness on the same page or not, is ample enough evidence that we shouldn't strive for an eternal oneness, or death, if we are already a part of it.

I'm not denying anything, merely questioning everything.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ecossiepossie

Sorry, wrong choice of metaphors.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

That truly depends on where your faith lies. Most religions view suicide as a sin. The creator calls you home when it is your time, not a second sooner. It bothers me that something so devastating can be manipulated as a way to reach the "divine". Our very existence is a gift, suicide is not a "reset" button.

PLPL

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

well, there's an obvious answer. 1. we want to have fun and dont see a point in killing ourselves and 2. we don't want to feel the pain of dying.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Its cause we are stardust we are golden and we gots to make our way back to the garden,

Your topic title made me laugh out loud,

Hang on a sec while I get my notes.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
a buddy of mine discussed how the best way to thwart the NWO, and beat TPTB is for there to be a 7 billion person mass suicide. it would take a week for those 1% ers to perish without us. though who wants that? at that point we might as well fight and die.

Well there would be no one left to enjoy that scenario,

Perhaps that's what the NWO wants.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I have no idea if there is an afterlife awaiting us. In fact I'm far more prone to think there isn't one. However I would think that if there is an afterlife, then this, whatever it is we're existing in now, has some purpose. What that is I have no idea. Life doesn't have any instruction books. At least not any instruction books written by anybody who knows what is really going on. All I can really say is most of us have an innate fear of death. I think we can reasonably conclude we aren't supposed to hasten the inevitable given these inborn fears with or without some afterlife to go to.

Even though many people may not think of them as such, I do think animals and their behaviors can provide us with at least some example of how we are suppose to live. Most animals are not suicidal and struggle to the best of their ability to live as long as they can. That's all any of us can really do.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Frith because:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

If any of these interpretations were the case, would it not be in our best interest to free ourselves from our fragile prisons and return to this oneness, this true origin? Why not end our curse and banishment, and emancipate ourselves from our confines? Why don't we just go and die? What stops us?

No, only the Adonai (Jesus Christ) has the right to recall us if he chooses, or unless we are killed by someone else or die while being persecuted in his name. Our marching orders are to endure and overcome until it is our time. We have a mission to complete and it will not be done until he decides it is finished.

Most people fear death, that is what stops them. Most of them fear the unknown, what comes after. Others cannot let go of this life because they fear there is nothing to come after they die. A person that has no faith will more often than not fight tooth and nail to prolong their meager lives.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Theres probably a good reason for you to be here and not in the "eternal stream of light" or whatever you called it.
You might be here to learn some lesson that you had forgotten. You might even have made the choice to come here yourself.
Lets pretend that our true origin really is some eternal consciousnes, where you know everything, see everything and experience all time at once. For how long do you think that would be interresting? The choice of becomming human and learning alot, once more, without knowing all the answers would seem rather good then I believe.
Or eternal light? That might become dull quickly. Why not choose to become human for a while and experience darkness, so that you once more can appreciate the light, that you had begun to take for granted.

As an eternal soul, 70-100 years of human life, would seem to be nothing, just to experience a life without knowing everything, and then getting the feeling of relief as you return to the "source"
Know I am not sure that this is what happens when we die. Heck, I have no idea what is on the other side. Maybe nothing. And if it is nothing at all, dont be quick to give up your existance as a human, enjoy every minute of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The real meaning of physical existence of " Life " is to learn... To learn to Love, to learn how to accomplish yourself in what you ( truely ) wish to accomplish, and thus, learn from this physical manifestation of a conscious body with a subconscience and in syncronycity, we are all connected on a much deeper level. As you mentioned to free yourself from this " prison " but you need to realize that this body is a school a body of knowledge capable of Creation. We are all God and capable of much more than what we are experiencing in the 3rd dimension, from which we are slowly moving away from and entering the fourth dimension soon.

All I can tell you is, til then learn to Love my friend, when your time will come you will be ready to face the after life.
Keep learning my friend and much Love to you

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
It kind of reminds me of lemmings. I mean your post.

The web I have spun within my mind seems to work for me, so why ruin it?

Why is everybody so intent on pushing their realities on everyone else?

Why?

One word my friend, one word, insecurity.
We all feel a little more confident in our beliefs when we have some back up.
In my opinion, the ones who don't need to force feed their "realities" on the rest of us are the ones who embrace the insanity of existence instead of reasoning with it for a sense of comfort.
Whether we know all the answers to life or not we still have to survive.

It would be so boring if we knew everything in any case, I consider myself "enlightened" yet I don;t know a fraction of what there is to know and I am okay with that. My web will catch whatever info I need, the rest can just fly by and get caught up in someone else's web.

Regards

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

To know life the individual must die. To return to oneness there has to be the realization of oneness. There is only ever oneness but humans are deluded, they 'think' there is more than one thing going on.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What if you are your own creator and eternity is boring as crap? How tedious can it be to know it all and have seen it all? As a kid, I was an only child and had TONS of toys. I was the envy of my cousins yet was a very lonely boy. A biblical god that creates and plays with humans like action figures knowing each toy's beginning and end would be very lonely, not to mentioned bored, I suppose. Years ago, when my son liked Dora the Explorer, I got him a video game starring her in an adventure. The game was simple, no enemies, no deaths just collect stars in very happy lands. Well, even though a toddler at the time, he finished it in a couple of hours. He liked the game very much the first time through, but didn't play it again.

To make the story short, even though the game was very pretty he got bored of it due to the obvious lack of challenge as later noticed when introduced to Super Mario. Now in Super Mario Wii there was fire, death, enemies, fighting, freezing, drowning, etc. Terrible things to a new parents' perception when it comes to your little son experiencing those things visually yet it gave him brand new challenges and a huge thrill. Super Mario lasted way longer than Dora, but eventually beat it so he moved onto Kirby. The fun was reinvigorated with new enemies, surprises, plot twists, challenges, weapons and specially NEW THINGS TO DISCOVER.

What if life is the same thing? We are all parts (cosmic cells) of god yet all our divinity amounts to extreme boredom in the dimension of happy land. What if when we die in this reality, we actually return to our godly dimension and start a new "game" with new thrills and challenges. What if time is an illusion and irrelevant? Can we choose characters to play and go through self-induced amnesia at birth only to wake up in our heavenly dimension immediately after death? Isn't this a little bit like falling asleep, dreaming an awesome adventure, horrible nightmare or plain nonesense then waking up to our familiar reality in the morning only to start the whole process again at night time? Since time is not real, but just a human measurement of unilateral, periodic change, dimensions and the "new adventures" we star in are innumerable and limitless.

Next time I'm choosing the "Adventure Time" cartoon dimension! Surely I'll tire of so many bright colors and happy times so after that one maybe I'll restart a new game as a stressed out accountant in the 1980s. Which dimension and character will you choose? Lol

edit on 6-2-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The joy and fun to arriving is the getting there....

If all I wanted was a BBQ Beef Brisket, then I could just go out and eat. However, I would miss sitting under a giant oak in the shade...with a good pile of coals slowly sizzling and smoking a big ol' beef brisket.... it's 91 degrees and sunny... with a thin wisp of clouds in the west.... got my flip flops on, my favorite T-shirt and some cutoffs... kickin' back listening to some Texas Swing, Bob Wills, Willie Nelson... munching on some chips waiting for a few friends to show up... got a nice cold brewskie...

Or maybe the time we went out to see Yellowstone... we could have flown...BUT, we got to see Nebraska with the endless rows of corn fron horizon to horizon... we would have missed the Little Big Horn... or the massive herd of Buffaloe across a valley...we had to stop 3 times... looked just like Dances With Wolves...and we would have missed the best steaks I ever ate in Dodge City... or the absolute thrill of being back in the south and not having to explain what sweet tea was.

No... we could go straight to glory, but what a wonderous and exciting and turbulent ride we would miss. I can't imagine going to heaven without ever having tasted a Krispy Kreme Donut or sitting on the saw grass salty shores of the Pamlico Sound eating shrimp and watching that magnificent southern sun set.... or waking up next to my wife... or eating one more dinner with my folks and my mom's fried chicken

Yes... I would be a poorer man indeed.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

reply to post by NorEaster

All I can say is yes, yes and yes. Elegantly put as usual.

But wouldn't this development be deemed unnecessary to someone who believes in an eternal afterlife?

Not at all. When you were gestating for 9 months, was it unnecessary to develop because you had an additional (up to) 90 years of corporeal existence to look forward to? Not if the placenta was the one place where that gestational development was possible and if it was the only place where that gestational development was possible. Yes, you continued to grow and develop after that stage of development was completed, but if you'd emerged unfinished from that specific stage (before acquiring a viable digestive system or pulmonary system for instance) then what chance would you have had with successfully managing the next (up to) 90 years of corporeal existence. Not much. In fact, in that case, you'd be lucky if modern technology would allow you any version of corporeal existence whatsoever.

The corporeal realm is very different than the eternal realm, and the corporeal human is physically unlike the fully viable and fully developed eternal human being. Most folks call it the difference between being physical and being spiritual, but then they turn around and can't really quantify the difference without leaning on esoteric poetic overviews that mirror ancient musings as their version of an explanation of that definite difference. What hasn't been widely embraced is a clearly defined delineative physical/structural definition of what makes the eternal human being different than the finite corporeal human being. But, that doesn't mean that the difference can't be defined. It just means that no one's convinced the people of this planet that they've identified that difference. After all, humanity is the only reality definer that anyone depends on - regardless of which research study or ancient papyrus is presented as authoritative.

What develops during the corporeal life of an individual is as important as what develops during the embryonic gestation process that allows that individual to live a corporeal life. It's different, but certainly no less critical to the strength and viability of the fully developed person who will emerge once that corporeal life has completed its contribution to that developmental whole.

Keep in mind, if you could've been fully aware of those 9 months you spent in utero, no one would've been able to convince you that those 9 months in that sac were just a gestational stage of development. No way in hell. Even if they pointed out all the sounds that seemed to be coming from everywhere, and insisted that they were clues to the existence of a whole world just beyond the thin membrane that protected you and gave you the chance to prepare for that world.

And would you have known what it takes to survive (nervous system development, pulmonary systems in full working order, a fully functional digestive system) in that big wide wonderful world just beyond the uterine wall? No. Could anyone from the big world have ever slipped back inside that placenta with you to prove to you that the world out there actually exists and that the stuff you're developing is going to be the difference between a full active life and a brief existence in a hospital bed? No. Would anyone ave even considered it something to attempt on behalf of your own inherent incapacity to imagine that world while you were gestating? I certainly hope not.

There's a lot that we don't know about the full ramifications of our moments here as we make our way through this obviously temporary corporeal stage of existence. However, there are many clues that can help us determine what isn't true about this stage, and maybe that's a good place to start when examining corporeal human life and what it may or may not be associated with. It's too bad that we traditionally begin with what might be possible, and arrange our theories from there.
edit on 2/6/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Nice picture and yes sometimes I wonder just the same. Then I like it here! And I can always contact the "there" through anumber of ways: dreams, meditation, listening to my higher self/guides and so on.

So I am looking for the best of two worlds!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I hear people often mention a creator and a source where we all come from and belong. I've heard it described as some beautiful stream of consciousness, as some eternal metaphysical realm of light or as some universal particle of energy which binds everyone. I've heard that we are souls imprisoned in a body, presumably incarcerated by some divine creator, and we are cursed and banished from our true origin.

The oneness that people seek in death, is the oneness I have found in life.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

WHY LEAVE IF YOU STILL HAVE MUCH TO LEARN FROM THE FAILS OF EXISTING IN THE 3RD DIMENSION on EA*rth. In otherwords just die and skip class just to be sent to do it again (not good). I dont see the sense of this????
It seems like in some minds* this is it so it may be for it is all that in the mind of the projector that this is it. Which relates to the otherside how much do you believe in the CREATOR of ALL??? If at all and if 1 does not believe in the CREATOR OR A CREATED god OR HIGHER POWER, then are they worth of opinionated acceptance SHOULD BE THE QUESTION OF VALUE NOT WHY NOT GO KILL THY SELF
tis what wars are for smh.
edit on 2/6/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join