Origin of Ancient Jade Tool Baffles Scientists

page: 10
98
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The topic of this thread is Origin of Ancient Jade Tool Baffles Scientists.

Let us keep the discussion to the topic at hand rather than what is and what is censorship. Continuation of such a sidebar topic is disrespectful to the OP and the members that wish to discuss the topic. And there are other avenues to address your grievances such as Complaints/Suggestions and the Board Business & Questions forum.

Thank you.




posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
the origin could be from Baja,California were they match.
It is ,that is that type of jade,in regions close to a subduction zone and under certain conditions as I have posted before.
And then the super bowl was over and the mods came back.
So it makes me wonder how it got there.
Did they cross the pacific ocean that great distance to the Americas?



posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
the origin could be from Baja,California were they match.
It is ,that is that type of jade,in regions close to a subduction zone and under certain conditions as I have posted before.
And then the super bowl was over and the mods came back.
So it makes me wonder how it got there.
Did they cross the pacific ocean that great distance to the Americas?


3K years ago -- unlikely. They didn't develop that kind of sailing technology until about a thousand years later.

The problem with a stone tool is that you can't tell WHEN it was carved -- or when it got into that house. I can think of a number of possibilities including:
* fraud (placed recently)
* very ancient trade goods that went to Alaska, then were traded down the coast (a generation or more of trade)
* possibly ancient trade from Beringia
* another source of jade that is chemically similar to the California jade
* crafted at another place and traded there.



posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd
 


All those are valid points,Byrd.

It may never be resolved.

But,if I'm mistaken,it was discovered in a coral reef?
If it was than it can be dated.
I could be wrong since this thread has gone almost everywhere and down the rabbit hole.


edit on 5-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
 


In short, it is all one giant marketing manipulation and the owners do not give a flip about the members or what is actually produced as a public consumable, so as long as it serves what is obviously their targeted purpose : To suck in more members to post which creates more indexed pages, to attract more readers, to vector their thinking and make money, and around and around it goes. It is rather amazing how the entire thing is designed and how most posters there haven't got a clue.



posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin
 


Oh wow,so they discovered these stone jade objects that fell off stilted houses there
I have a clue, and it was lodged in the coral?

edit on 5-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
Signs of the Times is one of the very few news and information portals on the web that remains uncorrupted in any way and is staffed by a group of people who are dedicated to one thing - bringing the Truth to the general public.

Then why are "they" creating lies about me, Simon Gray, the other owners/operators of this website, and the members of this website?



Pentagon psy-ops - abovetopsecret.com and friends - last night.

That is a lie.

Complete, total, vicious lie.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
 



If the allegations against the site and its owners are lies then why not have an open debate on here and on there with both parties presenting their case and the facts to support it. Let the public decide what is truth and what isnt.

I though that was the point of this site? If they cant prove the allegations then its done and dusted and you will always have the debate on record to prove your point. If its a lie there is nothing to expose and nothing to loose...right??



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Then why are "they" creating lies about me, Simon Gray, the other owners/operators of this website, and the members of this website?


Why do you think? Really now, think about it. You've worked in advertising, surely you know what it is that they are doing, and why they are doing it.

I am currently trying to sell my house, and one estate agent lied to me about another agent, thinking my pretty little head didn't know my arse from my elbow and that I was just waiting for some suited and booted man to come along and solve all my woes, and that I wouldn't bother checking up on the veracity of his claims. The other agent got by business, because they must be doing something right if the other guy feel he has to tell porkies to get me to sign.


Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Pentagon psy-ops - abovetopsecret.com and friends - last night.

That is a lie.

Complete, total, vicious lie.


The truth always wills out in the end. They want what you have, and you ain't willing to sell it to them, that is why they are lying. And you had better learn to handle it a little better than you are currently doing so, because the way things are going, it is only going to get worse. Suck it in, gain the moral high ground, because, as these things go, ATS is the king of the castle, and there are always going to be those that want to knock you off. Remember, user driven content, let us have the ball, we'll run with it, don't worry, it is why some of us love it here so much.

Now, pull yourself together, and let's play
edit on 6-2-2012 by Biliverdin because: forgot to make my point doh!



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Jesus Christ, ATS....WTH? You really screwed the pooch with this thread.

Did the OP and subsequent deleted posts have inflammatory material about ATS? Or is this just another GLP-ATS feud e-peen type of thing going on here? If so, it is stupid, petty, childish, and embracing ignorance all due to a bruised ego and the defending of your brand. It has nothing to do with truth.



Ummmm............I totally agree...this site reminds me more and more of a government run op every day...shutting down threads, blocking content, deleting posts, and pray "God" you dont -tongue in cheek- criticise a mod for their heavy handed content quashing. Like i stated in another thread, "way to go with the censorship".

I like this site less and less everyday, who the hell needs the gubment to shut down free speech when ats is so damned handy at it and eager to be the thought police...........

Sorry OP, I'm attempting to deny some ignorance here....What a shame the site owners and operators have abandoned that philosophy.....

YouSir



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
 



If the allegations against the site and its owners are lies then why not have an open debate on here and on there with both parties presenting their case and the facts to support it. Let the public decide what is truth and what isnt.

I though that was the point of this site? If they cant prove the allegations then its done and dusted and you will always have the debate on record to prove your point. If its a lie there is nothing to expose and nothing to loose...right??


This is a joke and I'm glad other members aren't so sycophantic that they're willing to put their thoughts on the line. The censorship makes ATS and it's site owners look guilty and petty. That's not an insinuation. It's an observable fact.

If there's nothing to the lies, why isn't ATS letting us work it out for ourselves?

Like other members said, who needs SOPA with the Big Brother's at ATS who know what's best for us?

The content filter is having the EXACT OPPOSITE effect. Instead of (unfairly) shutting off ATS members from content that breeds suspicions of ATS's agenda, the content filter itself achieves the very breeding of the suspicion that the filter is meant to prevent.

@mods: Yes, I saw the note to keep this on topic. SO reintroduced the issue to this thread. We should all be allowed to respond accordingly.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You know what they crazy thing is?

I wouldn't have gone looking for Signs of the Times criticisms of ATS if wasn't for that "it's all lies, don't make up your own mind" content filter.

I've just read through them all as a direct result of that filter.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just an idea, but, instead of going off topic here, maybe someone can come up with a thread that address’s the issues concerning ATS and it’s censoring of certain material.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator
 


Very interesting find, thanks for sharing.

Before delving into other explanations, has anyone ruled out the more obvious explanations? For example, we know Captain Cook stopped in Papua on the way to Australia - the Endeavour sailed from Whitby and Whitby is famous for its Jade.

That is only a possibility before anyone jumps on me! However, with archeology the most obvious reason is usually (not always) proven to be the correct one.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


IF the Govt decided that in the best interest to protect us 'children' from the 'lies' that are spread about our Government on the internet, they blocked every website that has even the inkling of a 'lie' we would be reduced to websites that only provide rousing games of Pong and the latest Hollywood gossip.
I’m sorry, but the game of pong is all we’ll be left with. “Hollywood gossip” produces more lies than a crooked politician.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by darknull
Signs of the Times is one of the very few news and information portals on the web that remains uncorrupted in any way and is staffed by a group of people who are dedicated to one thing - bringing the Truth to the general public.

Then why are "they" creating lies about me, Simon Gray, the other owners/operators of this website, and the members of this website?



Pentagon psy-ops - abovetopsecret.com and friends - last night.

That is a lie.

Complete, total, vicious lie.


I realise this sort of thing going continuously must get to you but at the same time does it not make you laugh? Surely actually publishing the claims on ATS is THE best way to refute any of their rubbish? Publish it for the world to laugh at!

Either that or they must be secretly right!
(joke)

Sorry Ahabstar, just seen your note at the top of this page.......
edit on 6-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator
 


Ummmm.......thank you for this thread Relocator......I find it fascinating what this find points to.....however, I think I'll pursue this topic over at "Signs of the Times"......I come to ats every freaking day, it's part of my routine. My belief systems have been challenged, molded and re-molded from content on this site and and I was in the process of writing my own thread about how ats has helped my thought processes evolve. for that I thank the many members that I have sparred with and those that I truly admire for their obvious intellect.

None of this however was due to the site itself, but to it's membership, the site was only a vehicle and there are many vehicles out there on the information highway. I guess it's time to swap this ride in for something that better reflects the ideal that information and the free discussion thereof, NOT be abridged, or censored or changed to conform to anothers pettiness. I'm still irked, by getting an extreme T&C violation, for daring to "tongue in cheek" chide one of the mods about their heavy handed quashing about commenting in one of the threads.....

Oh well............"its been real and it's been fun".......but it's not "real fun" any longer........

Back on topic, I think that this find will probably re-write some of what we thought we knew as per the evolutions and travels of ancient societies.........

YouSir



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by Byrd
 


All those are valid points,Byrd.

It may never be resolved.

But,if I'm mistaken,it was discovered in a coral reef?
If it was than it can be dated.

The reef MIGHT be dateable. Coral grows and dies, and if you've ever seen coral reefs, you know they do grow slowly but they grow.

And if I drop a 65 million year old dinosaur bone (that I've been using for a boat anchor, for example) in a coal reef, this doesn't mean that the dinosaur was living at the time of the reef. The jade could have been a prized tool or prized artifact related to someone's distant ancestor that was passed down from mother to daughter or father to son for many generations.

We can date the house because it was made of living material. But not the rock, no.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by relocator
 


Very interesting find, thanks for sharing.

Before delving into other explanations, has anyone ruled out the more obvious explanations? For example, we know Captain Cook stopped in Papua on the way to Australia - the Endeavour sailed from Whitby and Whitby is famous for its Jade.

That is only a possibility before anyone jumps on me! However, with archeology the most obvious reason is usually (not always) proven to be the correct one.


The story didn't say, and the real problem that real scientists have with these stories is that some reporter is likely to leap up and scream "SCIENTISTS ARE BAFFLED!!!" when in fact they're puzzled by it and they're going to do a paper on it for a big international conference where other scientists in other parts of the world can come up and say "Oh. Yes. We've got some things that may indicate this is part of a trade route" -- or have other evidence that can be pieced together to form a good chain of evidence.

We need better science reporters -- and alas, by the time they run third-hand through a site (even like this one) the person writing the story may not fully understand what the real situation is.





new topics
top topics
 
98
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join