It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are aliens/ETs real or simply in your mind?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
We live in the same world. Truth is truth, liars are liars.

Nope, i do not live in the "same world" as you do, and i do not live in "Shrike's fantasy world who can't figure out what is real or what is fantasy!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Of course, we also know that Anunaki10's world is way out there!

You mean YOU can't differentiate what is real and what is fantasy!

Beside, you have this ridiculous >>Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper
Where else would you expect to find UFO footage but on sites like YouTube?

I think Youtube borrow all footages from other sources, from CNN, History Channel, from witnesses, and the list goes on.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

When you look at an ‘alien encounter’ as a spiritual experience it takes on a whole new meaning, and our attempts to rationalize it are waste of time. They’ve always been here.

Some Extraterrestrial species reportedly are able to move between the different "dimensions", for example between their own "dimension" to this "dimension", or from their own "dimension" to another "dimension".

Michio Kaku on Multiverse

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10
Nope, i do not live in the "same world" as you do, and i do not live in "Shrike's fantasy world who can't figure out what is real or what is fantasy!

You must live in heaven because I live in hell.
edit on 2-3-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This thread has totally deteriorated and doesn't address the main topic any longer. It is being kept alive by Anunaki10's demented ramblings. So Greyer and anyone else who feels they have to put in their 2 cents, please ignore this thread and let it die peacefully since the Mods are ignoring my request to kill it.

Never have I seen so much worthless crap as that from Anunaki10 which is not worth having an exchange over.

Go away!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Very Well i will answer your question;
Is there some thing wrong with my mind? I hope not.
That being said, i have already stated that it was my opinion which is not up for debate.

I´m done with this thread.

I will merely leave you with this;
if you actually knew ANYTHING about psychology,
you would have realized what this actually means,

"my mind does not trick me, there is nothing wrong with my mind."

edit on 2-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10

When you look at an ‘alien encounter’ as a spiritual experience it takes on a whole new meaning, and our attempts to rationalize it are waste of time. They’ve always been here.

Some Extraterrestrial species reportedly are able to move between the different "dimensions", for example between their own "dimension" to this "dimension", or from their own "dimension" to another "dimension".

Michio Kaku on Multiverse

I'm not very keen on science, myself (I find its findings and theories fascinating but I'm too right-side-of-the-brain to follow the science behind them.) So, I can't comment on the 11 dimensions theory. Personally, I wonder if the paranormal realm (or realms) are being interpreted as "dimensions". Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am so fearful now. That I know they are real.

They had complete control over her. She wouldn't be able to know it, she is free. But they were so powerful, and they have eyes that are not there. They were living through her, so powerful. It is too much to grasp, that these beings whoever they are and whereever they are from, become 'part' of peoples lives because they want to interact with life on earth. It is too much for me to feel, too much for me to realize.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Aliens are to us today as what jesus and god was to earlier civilizations. They knew not of what that shooting star flying across the sky. They did not have the tools we have today so they believed these were god like events. Just like sodom and gomorrah was probably just a comet or other space rock hitting the earth, but to them, it was surely a sing of god destroying them or smiting them if you will. Just my two cents

PS I guess what I am saying is aliens are the new god.

Aliens are to me today what Gentiles who used logic over faith then realized what happens in armagheddon
when you take procedures of creating your own infinity are to come. The bible implicated that man functioned with God before eating the fruit of the knowledge of good AND evil. My interpretation is that there exists in the universe/multiverse a perfect sequence of events that you can make from NOW until passing. When Eve then Adam ate that fruit, they received knowledge of good and evil. Therefore, not all of man's thoughts were with God anymore, His thoughts AND his actions went off on a tangent. Satan told Eve of the knowledge of good and evil. She ate the fruit, she gave it to Adam, he ate. They were able to differentiate good from evil vice versa, and guess what happened? Did they start thinking good thoughts? I think their attention spans went to the embarassment of what they were wearing, the weighing of the that on their consious wasn't good. My interpretation. In logic, you interpret thoughts. Newton observed an apple falling on his head. A theory starts when there exists a premise that is fed into logical reasoning AND that same premise man wasn't there to experience. Don't blame me, just being logical xD

EDIT: If you're 5 miles away from a forest where a tree branch falls off a tree and none of your 5 senses sense it falling, did it happen? There will be people who say yes, there will be people who say no, there will be people who say they don't know. You didn't experience it, People who say yes assume that it really did happen. They assume there is a forest 5 miles from them. People who say no are denying, not knowing. People who say I don't know are uncertain, and who knows if the same person will always say the same answer every time?
edit on 3-3-2012 by ExCeed because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Who knows really about aliens though, seriously? The bible also states that Jesus Christ had sheep in flocks in which we do not know about. I still don't know about it.
edit on 3-3-2012 by ExCeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCeed
snip

Please don't use religion and religious characters as reference in my thread. Stick to logic, common sense, and reason none of which can be found in religion. Look at the thread's title and reply to it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Aliens? ETs? What are they? Why does the majority of this forum's members I'm not including the majority of humans but just this forum's members) think that such mental creations are real? What evidence has been presented and by whome that has convinced you that they exist?

As far as I know, the concept of aliens from outside earth never started with real personal experiences. The concept came from authors who speculated and then from the hoaxers such as Adamski. And similar to the Roswell incident, the concept became entrenched in the cosmic human mind and like mental conditioning believers were convinced the concept was based on reality. Never mind that there was no evidence to support the concept, it was as good and real as life itself.

edit on 4-2-2012 by The Shrike because: Add comments.

Hi The Shrike. I was going to create a thread similar to this, but I found this one which is relatively new.

First off, my disclaimer. All of my own beliefs are just that, my own. I make no claim that I am right and anyone is wrong. My only claim is that I believe what I believe through experience and critical/skeptical thinking about the topic. What might be intriguing evidence - just might not be enough for you.

This is why I believe the UFO phenomenon is real and not the figment of our imaginations.

1. Our history suggests the possibility. Notice the distinction here. I did not state that our history proves it. We can't prove anything with history, only interpret it. It will change as we change. Interpretations that is. Everything does. However, I do feel that there is compelling evidence to suggest that we may had otherworldly visitors at some juncture in the past. Our mythologies and religions suggest the possibility at the very least. Would a civilization waste time to immortalize an idea or concept on a stone unless it was important? Now artifacts and such, sure this was the artistic bent of the people - but engraving language and myth on stone as the Sumerians, Egyptians, Inca, and Mayan did just seem - important. I'm not sure they would waste the space with nonsense.

2. Artwork shows that the concept is not only decades old, but centuries old. I could list the art work, but I will assume you have seen them or been shown them as evidence before. I on the other hand, don't see it as evidence of what they are, just rather that the phenomenon existed in the minds of mankind even then. It is significant in my estimation at least to the extent, that the whole of the phenomenon is not fabricated. People have been looking up into the skies since forever - and noticing strange anomalies.

3. There are compelling cases. These cases don't explain what UFO's are, but is does give evidence that the phenomenon is valid and actually occurring. I'll list three common ones. The Hudson Valley case had hundreds of witnesses in 1982. What is interesting is that the sightings continued until the witnessed numbered over 5000. Then the phenomenon stopped in 1986. It's indicative of an experiment with a beginning, middle, and end don't you think? (Please note that the last sentence is a theory
not fact or proof, mind you.) The Phoenix Lights. Now, I know a program was able to recreate the effect from video camera with Christmas lights and black back drop. However, what could not be explained or recreated were the witness close enough to report seeing a shape, substance to the UFO. So for me, it still holds as one of the more credible sightings just by the sheer amount of witnesses to said event. Then I like the Travis Walton incident. The facts surrounding the case lead one to believe that it was a hoax. However, they did pass lie detector tests. Travis Walton, claims, says that he was rushed into his lie detector test after mysteriously appearing five days later. Because it's must be noted that he did not pass his lie detector test the first go around. Subsequently, he passed all his later lie detector tests. I like this last case, simply because we do have facts surrounding this case. The authorities were contacted. A search did happen. Five of the six witnesses pass their lie detector tests. One was inconclusive. It's an interesting and compelling case, particularly in regards to ET.

I'll refrain from mentioning some of the more obvious cases like Roswell or Bentwater. I haven't spent years studying these cases, my interest being pulled to UFO/ET in 2008. But even I find the cases tedious. There are TOO many theories out there on Roswell and Bentwater - any truth to the events was lost long ago, forever entrenched in history. Legendary. Well I could go on, but my space runs short. I like your thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Reading you post then looking at your avatar just fits so right.

OT: The vastness of space is the only evidence anyone should need.
Wether they're visiting the planet or not is an entirely different matter.
Though, we have sent probes and un manned craft to other planets in our solar system, in say 10 yrs we could be reaching out of our solar system.

An advanced race could already be there with un-manned probes researching our planet, just like we do.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
snipped my comments so that I could have some typing room - The Shrike
Hi The Shrike. I was going to create a thread similar to this, but I found this one which is relatively new.
snip for typing room

3. There are compelling cases. These cases don't explain what UFO's are, but is does give evidence that the phenomenon is valid and actually occurring. I'll list three common ones. The Hudson Valley case had hundreds of witnesses in 1982. What is interesting is that the sightings continued until the witnessed numbered over 5000. Then the phenomenon stopped in 1986. It's indicative of an experiment with a beginning, middle, and end don't you think? (Please note that the last sentence is a theory
not fact or proof, mind you.) The Phoenix Lights. Now, I know a program was able to recreate the effect from video camera with Christmas lights and black back drop. However, what could not be explained or recreated were the witness close enough to report seeing a shape, substance to the UFO. So for me, it still holds as one of the more credible sightings just by the sheer amount of witnesses to said event. Then I like the Travis Walton incident. The facts surrounding the case lead one to believe that it was a hoax. However, they did pass lie detector tests. Travis Walton, claims, says that he was rushed into his lie detector test after mysteriously appearing five days later. Because it's must be noted that he did not pass his lie detector test the first go around. Subsequently, he passed all his later lie detector tests. I like this last case, simply because we do have facts surrounding this case. The authorities were contacted. A search did happen. Five of the six witnesses pass their lie detector tests. One was inconclusive. It's an interesting and compelling case, particularly in regards to ET.

I'll refrain from mentioning some of the more obvious cases like Roswell or Bentwater. I haven't spent years studying these cases, my interest being pulled to UFO/ET in 2008. But even I find the cases tedious. There are TOO many theories out there on Roswell and Bentwater - any truth to the events was lost long ago, forever entrenched in history. Legendary. Well I could go on, but my space runs short. I like your thread.

Your efforts to check first for this kind of thread is admirable and if everyone were to do such there would be less repetitious threads which earn an X from a Mod.

Since I don't have a belief system, I simply state my educated opinion. I am not questioning the reality of UFOs, it's a given that they are real. This thread is about aliens whether they are real or imaginary. Aliens and UFOs do not necessarily go together although that is assumed by most if not all. IMO, history doesn't contain any reference to non-humans from somewhere else. Mythologies, yes, reality, no. Ancient humans are not being given the creative capability they are due.

You can't decipher ancient art with a modern mind for like pareidolia you can fit whatever you want into it. Fantastic art, unusual shapes but we don't know what they were seeing and what the art means. Lot of drug taking! Natural phenomena to us was unnatural phenomena to them.

The Hudson Valley case has been satisfactorily explained as a hoax by the light aircraft pilots responsible.

The Phoenix Lights are really The Phoenix Flares, and it was the 2nd "phenomenom". The first, the triangle, was a formation of military jets.

The Travis Walton incident will alway be a hoax as there is more circumstancial evidence for a hoax than there is for a real event. Don't be fooled by polygraph results, criminals pass them all of the time.

So back to step one. Aliens may exist and they may not necessarily be from a far away galaxy. No one knows. We have the ever-present UFOs but no one knows if there are beings inside them or they're remotely controlled and if they are RC'ed where are the controllers. It's one hell of a big mystery and, presently, no one is near an answer.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Thanks for the response Shrike. I hope you don't mind if I drop the "The" from your name.

In rebuttal to your post and in the spirit of debate I most first argue a point of difference in our way of thinking. I believe that we all have a belief system. They are each unique and individual to the person as fingerprints are. Your faith in the education system and the opinion you have formed through it's teachings for example. One's beliefs have everything to do with how they perceive and rationalize the world around them. Simply because you claim to be devoid of beliefs in no way makes you superior to those whose beliefs differ from yours. Playing around with semantics is fun and makes for very attractive paragraphs and articles. However, logically it is not a sound.

I found it rather ironic that you used the argument that we are not giving ancient humans their creative due. Indeed, I assure you that this is not the case. I counter by insisting that you are not giving ancient man their due in logic and reason! Why would manpower, resources, and large amounts of time be sacrificed for fiction? I'm of the opinion that our ancestors had enough intelligence to look toward future generations of their people. I should think that they would leave room to record their history and teachings for future generations. Honestly, the Sumerian tablets are a cozy fairytale? That is an insult to ancient man.

As to otherworldly entities, I think there is sufficient evidence to show that a phenomenon exists. But that's just me. What's compelling evidence to me might be delusional fantasies to you.

My arguments to your claims are likely a different rendition of what you have already heard. So I will simply end with - you have to prove a hoax too. Simply saying that this is an acceptable version that plausible doesn't make it so. It's your belief that these hoax theories hold more water than witness testimony.

edit on 20-3-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: rephrasing sentence for clarity

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoEskiMo
Van Gogh painted UFO's in his paintings, three of them in 1889. He shot himself in 1890.

This is a frankly ludicrous implication. Please show more evidence and define the link betwen the tragic suicide of this unfortunate fellow and U.F.Os. Did Gaugan have anything to do with it? [jamdan slaps forehead in exasperation]

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Have you questions answered in :
askalien-muniz.rhcloud.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by askalien
Have you questions answered in :

Disguising as an authority and unashamedly promoting a useless website.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan

Originally posted by MoEskiMo
Van Gogh painted UFO's in his paintings, three of them in 1889. He shot himself in 1890.

This is a frankly ludicrous implication. Please show more evidence and define the link betwen the tragic suicide of this unfortunate fellow and U.F.Os. Did Gaugan have anything to do with it? [jamdan slaps forehead in exasperation]

He probably got his ludicrous ideas from this website, so don't expect a logical answer from MoEskiMo:

Thursday, May 10, 2007
Van Gogh's UFOs
ufocon.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Ok. If you saw an alien grey in front of your face, for how long do you think you'd have that recollection of it for?
Does a thought have a consious, and if so... only because it leeches off your consious? Are you really just
reaching out for expressive creativity/experiences? And if, and only if you saw it in front of your face, would you "believe it"...? rationalwiki.org... - don't read that right now.

Once your intelligence gets to a certain level, you'll realize how something that is wrong according to human systems of logic is right for reasons we still can't figure out. Is data(information itself) physical? Or physical and energetical? Or energetical? Or does the electricity that we call the spark of life set off chemical reactions that in return set off more electrical reactions that configure the next chemical architecture of our attention span?

What if I told you that after your intelligence exceeds to a level that you are being monitored? Would you distance your POV enough to consider it a conspiracy theory? What if I told you I saw Alien grey, and it was really something else and the same thing at the same time? Would it let you down because you felt about it in positive way? What if it was a positive being, and it was merely reflecting what I felt towards it back to myself?
What if I was just wrong, .

In logic, we are safe through common reality.
In Christianity, I'm covered in all bets. Know that.

Also I understand your request for no belief systems in the argument, I just wanted to state the connection to what someone knows, and what someone believes in. The sky is always up when you're standing, do you believe the sky is always up?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join