It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are aliens/ETs real or simply in your mind?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Aliens? ETs? What are they? Why does the majority of this forum's members I'm not including the majority of humans but just this forum's members) think that such mental creations are real? What evidence has been presented and by whome that has convinced you that they exist?

As far as I know, the concept of aliens from outside earth never started with real personal experiences. The concept came from authors who speculated and then from the hoaxers such as Adamski. And similar to the Roswell incident, the concept became entrenched in the cosmic human mind and like mental conditioning believers were convinced the concept was based on reality. Never mind that there was no evidence to support the concept, it was as good and real as life itself.

Of course, it goes without saying that aliens are aligned with UFOs, that they must be inside the mysterious craft and have travelled a vast distance to come here and be curious about the inhabitants that all they can accomplish is aliennapping humans, performing all kinds of experiments on us mainly through the rear exit, or they like beef and are answering the request from back home "where's the beef?"

Then came the convincing aspect of the belief in aliens, abductions. Going through walls. Happening out in deserted roads. Heck, right out of skyscraper windows! The aliens/ETs conformed to our imagery of what they should look like after they were portrayed in movies and/or television, later on book covers. And, of course, along came the hoaxed alien interviews seen in tons of YouTube videos.

If aliens/ETs were "visiting" us someone had to know about them and be in cahoots to allow them to continue to harass us. How about the U.S. government, since they allow us to be abused by whoever is called a politician. And it is all documented but, unfortunately, you are not privy to see those documents. But, hey, don't worry disclosure is just around the corner or by next shavuitz!

So, to cut to the chase, can you contribute anything to support the reality of aliens/ETs? Don't quote others or state your beliefs, simply say that you can prove that aliens/ETs are real and produce the evidence.

If you can't produce evidence and all you have are beliefs, then there is your reality, in your mind.

edit on 4-2-2012 by The Shrike because: Add comments.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Aliens are to us today as what jesus and god was to earlier civilizations. They knew not of what that shooting star flying across the sky. They did not have the tools we have today so they believed these were god like events. Just like sodom and gomorrah was probably just a comet or other space rock hitting the earth, but to them, it was surely a sing of god destroying them or smiting them if you will. Just my two cents

PS I guess what I am saying is aliens are the new god.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Really? What is the point of this thread other than to ignite flame posts. All you are doing is begging for discourse to reach the bottom of the barrel with this thread. You dont believe aliens are real, only in the believers mind.. Well they think the same about your opinion.. And as well all know opinions are like... ah hell never mind
edit on 4-2-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, my evidence is in logic really.
Seeing as how we cannot see the end of our universe,
Then the trillions of stars and planets inside of said universe.
Chances are we are not the only ones here, Science also says this will all sorts of fancy numbers.

Just interesting is all,
Its hard to catch good UFO video, you never know when its gunna happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Can you provide evidence to support the reality of...reality?

This thread keeps popping up with different words.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
No proof they are real yet people are supposedly getting abducted and givin information.... how about proof, i could say bigfoot stole my bbq right off the grill but nobodys gonna believe me.... or will they....

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

So, to cut to the chase, can you contribute anything to support the reality of aliens/ETs? Don't quote others or state your beliefs, simply say that you can prove that aliens/ETs are real and produce the evidence.

I can't produce any evidence be it a picture, video or even personal account...but what I can do is pay attention to those that study and document our surroundings and formulate personal assumptions from that info...assumptions that lead one to believe that the Universe harbors a plethora of life - even to primitive thinkers such as yourself...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
As far as I know, the concept of aliens from outside earth never started with real personal experiences.

Those experiences date back to when the religions on the planet were born. Since God, Angels, Demons etc are all not of this Earth it is the same thing as the Aliens of today.

Your method in attacking people's beliefs didn't work 2000 years ago and is not going to work now. Only bad thing is we can no longer send the heretics to the Inquisition to correct their thinking... Pity that

But carry on Herr Troll...knock yourself out trying

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Is this "there are no aliens/ufo's" thread number 500 or 501? I've lost count.

Anywho. Couldn't we just revive one of the other 500 threads with titles and subject matter similar to this one?

Aliens/ufo's and god cannot be proven or disproven. It's all a matter of faith. Your faith says they don't. Someone elses faith says they do.

Ad Infinitum.

ETA: Zorgon.

edit on 2/4/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one:" - Albert Einstein

He also said

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

To this man you should listen

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
No proof they are real yet people are supposedly getting abducted and givin information.... how about proof, i could say bigfoot stole my bbq right off the grill but nobodys gonna believe me.... or will they....

The problem with your reply, which is welcomed of course, is that you say "supposedly" which means you believe the popular accounts. However, can you quote the "givin information"? Who was given what and how does anyone know that what was given came from aliens/ET? And how come this information has not been made public which, if real, would change present thinking?

About your stolen bbq, find that sucker and bring him to justice for stealing is a crime!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
For me, I take a leap. You can agree with it, or can not agree with it, but it's what I feel is truth.

If you look at life from not just your perspective here on the ground, but if you open your senses to the birds flying above, the satellites flying above, the Antarctic glaciers churning and the ice bergs flipping their tops. If you really just think about things in a general view, things aren't a shade complex as they would be within your own perspective, because as you know we heavily take from our own experiences, the opinions of not only ourselves, but of family, friends, co-workers, all these voices, compressed and compacted to make you feel as you do.

Are ETs real? It seems subjective to me. I know many people who have saw UFOs and who would swear on everything to recount for what they experienced. I've felt the same in some instances, but I've also noticed my heart skip a beat either before or after discovering for myself that what I saw wasn't actually a UFO. I've been with people who act a bit erratic and too exciting when seeing planes and bright lights, so I understand how the subject is beaten up while also defended to no extent by others.

I do believe that "ETs" for lack of a better word are real. I believe in the forth, fifth and possibly sixth dimensions as having some kind of high ground above us. I believe laws govern each state of mind or location, and I believe that it isn't as easy for a ET or UFO to clearly show themselves to us as we believe. My mind always comes back to a colony of ants or other bugs who only scurry when you put your foot in front of them or make a louse impending type of noises. What do they see? A flicker or darkness? Something that doesn't make sense.

I believe experiences and feelings pertaining to sleep, lucid dreaming, astral projection, possibly seances, hallucinogenic effects and events that would trigger post-traumatic as being pre-cursors to one beginning to let their mind go, speeding up the process of awakening for some. I believe many of those experiences to be what could be best described as standing near a waterfall and putting one arm or leg through the other side. You may begin to feel the rock on the other side or a sensation of cold arm. The waterfall symbolizing the put of contact or submersion into another dimension of pod of reality that aren't used to, accustomed to and knowledgeable of.

I do believe there to be ETs, if that is the word to be used, but I believe that our reality is a web of complexity, opinion, culture, generalizations and many people who have grown accustomed to the plain skin texture feel of day-in and day-out, when nothing happens, prayers appear not to be answered and things just appear the same, yet stagnant, when that is not the case at all for no matter where you are sitting now, a stream of water is cascading a tiny flood, insects are finding food and weather conditions are churning in areas without one human under it's shade. I believe the UFO phenomenon to be linked to this awakening process and I believe that ET contact is something that is inevitable through our persistence with scientific breakthroughs and being able to see and reach as far into space as we can.

There's always the possibility that we are completely alone - to which I would attribute enormous luck, a center-stage look at ourselves and the further possibility of a creator in those conditions, being as perfectly designed for our environment as we are. Eliminating the chance of other life in this unreal and gigantic cosmic sea would be just as dramatic and traumatic as discovering life itself. Being stuck in the middle and not knowing, that is where we are as a species on some low, but thick level. I wish that contact could be made, just to break the mould and tangy unoriginal and stale taste that life has been giving off as of 2007.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by The Shrike
As far as I know, the concept of aliens from outside earth never started with real personal experiences.

Those experiences date back to when the religions on the planet were born. Since God, Angels, Demons etc are all not of this Earth it is the same thing as the Aliens of today.

Your method in attacking people's beliefs didn't work 2000 years ago and is not going to work now. Only bad thing is we can no longer send the heretics to the Inquisition to correct their thinking... Pity that

But carry on Herr Troll...knock yourself out trying

Common knowledge states that religions are all human-created. There were never any gods, angels, demons, etc. They were all created by strong-minded individuals to control weak-minded individuals to do their bidding. The aliens of today are also human creations. The only real god is fear.

Since you align yourself with weak-minded individuals it is YOUR days that are numbered.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I appreciate the thought filled responses. I really do. The honesty on both sides is refreshing.. But it just irks me that they are in response to an obvious troll hunting for a flame war with this thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Aside from the BS of hoaxers and other charlatans, what we have is the word of witnesses (multiple witnesses observing by multiple modes in many cases) who believe they are doing their civic duty by reporting what they saw versus the word of government officials who believe they are doing their civic duty by denying the phenomenon, trying to discredit witnesses, and spreading disinformation in order to keep a lid on the situation.

Here's an example of an interesting case:
www.youtube.com...
www.prufon-news.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Is this "there are no aliens/ufo's" thread number 500 or 501? I've lost count.

Anywho. Couldn't we just revive one of the other 500 threads with titles and subject matter similar to this one?

Aliens/ufo's and god cannot be proven or disproven. It's all a matter of faith. Your faith says they don't. Someone elses faith says they do.

Ad Infinitum.

ETA: Zorgon.

edit on 2/4/2012 by Klassified because: eta

This is thread number 502. But, hey, be glad I didn't embed a boring YouTube video, this boring thread is all you need.

The other threads are not as intelligent as this one.

Aliens and gods can be disproven simply by the lack of evidence. UFOs, on the other hand, are real evidenced by the millions of photos, films, and videotapes. An uncertain percentage of them can be proven hoaxes but not all of them. I'm not operating on faith since I don't have a belief system. What I do have is personal evidence of UFOs and I captured one on videotape. Those who profess a belief in aliens are not operating from experience they are just repeating what others have said. No evidence, no reality.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by type0civ

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one:" - Albert Einstein

He also said

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

To this man you should listen

Silly quotes and sillier quoting.

Reality is what we are immersed in. We are conscious, not unconscious where illusions are experienced. Ask any hypnotist, especially stage hypnotists who show everyone in the audience that the participants are experiencing illusions, be they positive or negative.

Imagination never produced a single dollar bill. Knowledge put to use produces a payday. Listen to him? You listen to him for you live in his fantasy world.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

You have never seen one right? So what is your proof either way?
Like describing color to a blind man.
Last I read there are 20 million species of life on this planet. How would you say they all got here? From where?
Your argument is like a vegetable in a garden denying that gardeners exist.
Stuck in the middle ages.
The world is flat.
The earth is the center of all things.
Here there be Dragons.

Hubble Deep Field:

You don't see any life here either do you?
Idiocentric

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well there is quite a bit of evidence from very credible sources. For example:

July 29, 1952, USAF orders pilots to shoot down "flying saucers":

Shoot The Down

July 28, 1952, USAF makes some revealing admissions:

USAF Admissions

Note Admission 2: "flying saucers could possibility be space ships from another planet"

Aug 1, 1952, Los Angeles Airport and possibly other airports surrounded by AA guns, in response to the "flying saucers":

LAX Guns

March 13, 1989, NASA Astronaut reports to Houston, "we still have the alien spacecraft under observance":

NASA UFO 1

Apollo 14, EVA-1, Astronauts report "we've had visitors again":

NASA UFO 2

Now, many of these reports simply claim to see flying objects, what makes most people believe that they may be ET or better yet non-human craft is because of their performance characteristics, consider the following:

April 7, 1952, LIFE magazine in cooperation with the USAF made the case for ET visitation:

LIFE UFO Article

Conclusion 3: These objects cannot be explained by present science as natural phenomena-but solely as artificial devices, created and operated by a high intelligence.

Conclusion 4: Finally, no power plant known or projected on earth could account for the performance of these devices.

These conclusion lead us to believe, with good reason, that such craft may be constructed and possibly piloted by non-humans.

Project Blue Book Special Report 14 (a scientific study of UFO by the US government) indicated that of all the UFO cases they studied about 22% were unexplained AND the more information they received of those 22% the LESS they were able to be explained.

Project Blue Book Special Report 14

Project Sign, a scientific study of UFOs that preceded Project Blue Book, came to the conclusion that UFOs do exist and that some may be of ET origin, though the final report doesn't make the statement:

Project Sign

links to official documents:

Official Project Sign Docs

There is much more. So with all this evidence, it is likely that ET-UFOs do exist.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ajanta
For me, I take a leap. You can agree with it, or can not agree with it, but it's what I feel is truth.
[snip]
I do believe that "ETs" for lack of a better word are real. I believe in the forth, fifth and possibly sixth dimensions as having some kind of high ground above us. I believe laws govern each state of mind or location, and I believe that it isn't as easy for a ET or UFO to clearly show themselves to us as we believe. My mind always comes back to a colony of ants or other bugs who only scurry when you put your foot in front of them or make a louse impending type of noises. What do they see? A flicker or darkness? Something that doesn't make sense.
[snip]

I snipped your philosophical outpouring because the thread is not about what you point out, it's about the claims for the reality of aliens.

That said, your comments above touch on the edges of the topic of this thread. While I do not accept popular claims of aliens/ETs due to lack of evidence, it is far easier to consider other dimensions as the origin of what are called aliens (not ETs, though). I became interested in UFOs in 1957 and after a while I realized that the ETH (before those initials were official) was not an acceptable answer to UFOs. To me it made more sense to consider other dimensions since it is a reality that we live in a multidimensional reality as proven by all of the discoveries emanating from unseen dimensions whether of light or sound. Then when The interdimensional hypothesis (IDH or IH), also called the extradimensional hypothesis (EDH), was advanced by Jacques Vallée that says unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and related events involve visitations from other "realities" or "dimensions" that coexist separately alongside our own. It is an alternative to the extraterrestrial hypothesis (ETH) I felt vindicated.

So, again, this thread is not about questioning the reality of UFOs but of the claims of ExtraTerrestrials.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join