It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Mothers Protest Facebook Over The Right To Display Their Breasts.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by theubermensch

Yes, I have this to add, in case you missed it from my previous comment:

Public breastfeeding is as natural as me eating a sanwich for lunch on a park bench.

Ok I logged in just to respond to this assinine comment. I do not want to see someone breastfeeding in public no matter how "natural" it is. Taking a crap is natural and yet I don't feel the need to do that in public. Women can breastfeed thier children by taking them into a restroom if they are out in public.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Sweating and breast feeding are pretty different things, I think they call that adding a strawman to the arguement, which means you've run out of defenses for your view.

You think making a baby starve and suffer in order to protect your squemishness of seeing the side of a breast is rational?
What part, exactly, flips you out?

You would simply die here in florida where you can see all sorts of side boobage due to summer clothes.

So, take a moment and decide what your weirded out by...you are literally saying making a baby not suffer = a disgusting thing (well, not literally mind you, but pretty close).
Side boob with a bikini covering the nip = great
Side boob with a babys head covering the nip = ewwwww

silly.

OH PLEASE. Making a baby starve? Good grief...

This man has run out of material.

They aren't eating because they are full
I have plenty of material, I just don't feel the need to waste too much thought on such a nonsense issue.

omg, facebook is showing pics of breastfeeding
Ya, to people whom subscribe to see their friend. Since when did facebook become some random photodump that everyone has access to anyhow?

You have to try pretty hard to get offended in this case.

As far as breastfeeding in public. Let me ask you a simple question:
Does it offend you? Why?

You know what offends me? Milk. people just sucking down cow boob juice right there in public. Its beastiality, its absolutely repugnant, and its unnatural..yet there it is, for the whole world to see, commercials and all..people all but sucking off some cows tit.

mhmm

lets run the world based on what others may or may not be offended by...that way we can all just stay in our homes and never leave due to it might offending some weak minds poor sensibility.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Wait, so you're disgusted at the fact that these women have an exposed breast? And they're feeding their child? And they have an exposed breast?

I have to question your manhood. Or...are you a woman? Just kidding.

I don't understand what the big deal is about this. I mean, it's not like those Facebook profiles are open to the public. They're only available to be viewed by friends, right? People they have accepted, right? I'm seriously asking because I've never used Facebook.

Either way, who cares.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Any action that involves a substance or liquid being secreted out of a body part should be kept in private where it belongs.

Why is that you don't sweat in private then?

Score one for hypocrisy.

So what exactly is your point here, that any body function should be public?

Sweating and breast feeding are pretty different things, I think they call that adding a strawman to the arguement, which means you've run out of defenses for your view.

I clearly pointed out that the following statement is erroneous.

Any action that involves a substance or liquid being secreted out of a body part should be kept in private where it belongs.

Nothing more. Nothing less. Anything you've additionally attached to that is your own fabrication or misunderstanding.

Explain to me how or why you leaped to assuming that I believe all body functions should be public.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Text You know what offends me? Milk. people just sucking down cow boob juice right there in public. Its beastiality, its absolutely repugnant, and its unnatural..yet there it is, for the whole world to see, commercials and all..people all but sucking off some cows tit.

That was awesome
cow boob juice

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
[
Men do not have private parts above the hip... educate yourself...

Did you lose your nipples in child birth or something? Did they fall off? I've seen some men with bigger jugs than women so when it comes down to it men and women have the same thing, men's without the milk of course but after watching 'Meet The Fockers' there's no need for us men to miss out

Referencing a Hollywood movie to make your point is weak... Time to follow what Hollywood says now... No mine never fell off, but mine are also not a object of attraction as well... Boobs are great. Just not when they are feeding babies in public... now in my hands and on my mouth in my own PRIVATE residence is different...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdchop
Breasts in Public, regardless of what they are doing with them is illegal....

These idiots disagree.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by nixie_nox

But if you want to poop in your own kitchen because its natural, be my guest.

Don't mind if I do.

But breast milk isn't pure by anymeans, it's a bodily fluid.. HIV and Hep C for instance can be transmitted through breast milk.

Personally, my opinion, I find public breast feeding a sad cry for attention .. I find it pretty ignorant.

Another great point as well TY

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
So they want to brestfeed, fair enough.

But why do they feel the need to put photos of it on Facebook?

Do they think anybody actually gives a fiddly f**k?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DDay

Have to agree with you.Sure,it is a natural thing.But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done in private.Personally,I don't want nor care to see it,especially if I'm at a restaurant.It's a matter of respecting other people.

As for the women in the article?Really? If your biggest issue is whether you can post a certain picture on facebook then you need to get a life.You agreed to their t & c when you signed up.Get over it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am magical in general is the point. wanna see me make a counterpoint disappear...abracadabra...and boom, your point is gone.

We'll agree to disagree, and I certainly won't resort to classless debate tactics that belittle the views of my opponent.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I just noticed they snipped the photo that was under the article from someones post.

ATS agrees with me that breastfeeding is offensive

edit on 3-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think that people who are disgusted by a mother feeding her child are so because they are aroused by it. They can't handle this conflict in their brain in any other way than to call shame on the natural act of breast feeding instead of investigating their own personal arousal by such. ( I am not condemning that arousal, only your response to it).

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
No mine never fell off, but mine are also not a object of attraction as well...

Mine are
But then again, thats because I am attractive.
Actually, nipples/breasts from a woman are not designed to be objects of attraction..they are designed to feed babies.
society has programmed you to find them attractive...and for good reason..bigger boobs = better baby feeders. Funny how you are offended at the base reason why you find them attractive.

Now, Here is where your point fully falls apart
You are suggesting that objects of attraction should be covered up unless its indoors
I find women in general attractive, from their baby feeders, to their eyes, hair, etc
Living under your statement, the natural step then is to put them all in Burkah's in public.

think about what you say

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
I think that people who are disgusted by a mother feeding her child are so because they are aroused by it. They can't handle this conflict in their brain in any other way than to call shame on the natural act of breast feeding instead of investigating their own personal arousal by such. ( I am not condemning that arousal, only your response to it).

Peace

You have a sick mind friend.

How many breastfeeding mothers do you find attractive? Just after they had a baby. Yuck. They can keep their breasts to themselves.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

You know what offends me? Milk. people just sucking down cow boob juice right there in public. Its beastiality, its absolutely repugnant, and its unnatural..yet there it is, for the whole world to see, commercials and all..people all but sucking off some cows tit.

lets run the world based on what others may or may not be offended by...that way we can all just stay in our homes and never leave due to it might offending some weak minds poor sensibility.

Very critical points.

I too am genuinely offended by males or females of our species who have never been weened that consume animal breast milk in my presence.

As SaturnFX pointed out, should this mean that the world bows to my sensibilities? No. It means we all need to man up and tend to our own God damn business a bit more.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay

Originally posted by Garfee

Yes, I have this to add, in case you missed it from my previous comment:

Public breastfeeding is as natural as me eating a sanwich for lunch on a park bench.

Ok I logged in just to respond to this assinine comment. I do not want to see someone breastfeeding in public no matter how "natural" it is. Taking a crap is natural and yet I don't feel the need to do that in public. Women can breastfeed thier children by taking them into a restroom if they are out in public.

Well I'm sure we are all breathing a sigh of relief that we won't be seeing you unhygienically defecating in public anytime soon. Care to elaborate on what so unhygienic about breastfeeding?..And please would people stop with the HIV rubbish, any woman in the western world with an ounce of interest in her child would get tested for these things beforehand, I was under the impression it was attempted murder to feed a child infected milk.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Peace

How many breastfeeding mothers do you find attractive? Just after they had a baby. Yuck. They can keep their breasts to themselves.

I only see a mother feeding her baby..I don't know what you see.
I have no conflict with this..apparently you do.

By the way many mothers are beautiful..mine included.

Just as you can keep your opinion to yourself..but you choose not to.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
It is you who has the problem as you are the one who feels uncomfortable, try and figure out why you feel this way and work on it

I've been contemplating this question and I think I have an answer. I have never had a problem with boobs. I HATE milk though. Absolutely HATE it. Not even chocolate. Maybe that's what bothers me.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Peace

Actually, he's 100% correct. In Freudian terms your sexual neurosis is way more overt and obvious than you might like to think. Behind each neurosis is trauma and dark suppressed sexual urges.

It makes perfect sense that the same person who can't psychologically tolerate breast feeding is also having great difficulty in coming to terms with factual, tried and tested truths of conventional psychoanalysis.

Find a trusted friend or a shrink to get past this.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join