It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Mothers Protest Facebook Over The Right To Display Their Breasts.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

www.facebook.com... from my midwife friend if you cant see it on the link i provided i will hand copy it and re post if nessisary but i think it gets the point accross quite well

Nursing in public -tips for avoiding problems

1.Plan ahead if your planing to visit some place that might attract new mothers such as a park or a discount store,try to time your visit so that your less likely to be there at the same time as a nursing mother.midnight is good!

2practice in front of a mirror.At first your shock may show plainly on your face,so try to sitting infront of a mirror and picturing a nursing mother.keep trying until your expression stays neutral.you can also try having a frend or your spouse watch you and provide helpfull comments

3.dress appropriately. Try wearing a scarf or top that has a hood.That way if you encounter a nursing mother,its simple to pull the fabric over your eyes,or to pull the hood forward to act as blinders so you can easily avert your eyes and not suffer any peripheral vision of a nursing baby.

4.be discrete>avoid calling attention to your self,and there will be no problem.If you're ostentatious about your disapproval,you're just inviting a confrontation(might be more relevent to you specificly sir)

5.Find a private place. If you absoloutly cant avoid voicing your discomfort with public nursing,there are plenty of appropriate places.Go to the nearest changing room and let out your feelings.Almost every establisment has a convenient public bathrooms where you can have total seclusion while you vent.If all else fails ,go out to your car-It's a little inconvenient,but well worth it to avoid making a scene

by following these simple steps you can make sure that public nursing never leads to confrontations or public relations battles and make every one much happier

above is copied from a post on my facebook that i sourced earlyer but as it would not let me put it in ex format (it was an image) i had to hand copy it out incase some people dont use facebook either way i hope i didnt break any rules as that was not my intention

edit on 3-2-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

I decided to give you a star for that comment.
It roused an internal lol. Not quite a silent shoulder shake, but almost...
Nice try though.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Any action that involves a substance or liquid being secreted out of a body part should be kept in private where it belongs.

Why is that you don't sweat in private then?

Score one for hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I for one would like to thank the ops in his endless threads and comments.
You allow opposing mindsets (lets call them, the sane ones) to have a considerable amount of stars by simply having a rational viewpoint to counter your insanity.

I wonder how long it will be until you actually say something I agree with.

Anyhow, thanks for furthering the sensible and liberal cause far more than my endless discussions ever could have. Keep talking. I want a thread a day from you!

Tomorrow tackle how we need to go back into Iraq

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Any action that involves a substance or liquid being secreted out of a body part should be kept in private where it belongs.

Score one for hypocrisy.

Bam!

(all that needs to be said really)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
And I am more highly evolved than you if you think its ok to flop out a boob at Macca's.

There's nothing evolved about mental prudishness and inhibition when it comes to breast feeding. It's a marker of a boy yet to become a man. Maybe you should worry about making a leap as simple as that which ordinarily transpires during male adolescence before speaking in evolutionary terms. One is running before one can walk methinks.
edit on 3/2/2012 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

I actually walked before I could crawl. My Dad brings it up alot. I went straight to scaffolding then I walked.

Im that awesome.

And it seems more sophisticated than you.

I cant see your fascination with flopped out boobs at Macca's. I mean where do we draw the line?
edit on 3-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Score one for hypocrisy.

And no crying in public either....EVER, even if you get something in your eye.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Score one for hypocrisy.

How about public farting?

Seriously 15 pages for a poster who is afraid of boobies?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Score one for hypocrisy.

or sneeze or spit..even if there is a hanky involved.

link   

Score one for hypocrisy.

So what exactly is your point here, that any body function should be public?

Sweating and breast feeding are pretty different things, I think they call that adding a strawman to the arguement, which means you've run out of defenses for your view.

link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

Score one for hypocrisy.

Slow conspiracy day.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Score one for hypocrisy.

Corks could work, but I don't see it catching on.
At least not among the majority of males I've ever met.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Score one for hypocrisy.

Bam!

I think taking lactating breasts out to feed in front of everyone is more of a militant feminist agenda than that of a proper conservative. I wouldn't expect anything less from militant feminists though.

I think people should have the proper sense and respect not to do this out in public or post pictures of it on Facebook.

edit on 3-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Score one for hypocrisy.

I once told an ex girlfriend that if she ever farted in front of me I would dump her
And in public? And I am not some fat pig that sweats in public. I have great hygine.

And Im no hypocrite because I dont breastfeed in public.

And crying in public isnt cool either really. The people around you feel obligated to comfort you. You are burdening them.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Sweating and breast feeding are pretty different things, I think they call that adding a strawman to the arguement, which means you've run out of defenses for your view.

You think making a baby starve and suffer in order to protect your squemishness of seeing the side of a breast is rational?
What part, exactly, flips you out?

You would simply die here in florida where you can see all sorts of side boobage due to summer clothes.

So, take a moment and decide what your weirded out by...you are literally saying making a baby not suffer = a disgusting thing (well, not literally mind you, but pretty close).
Side boob with a bikini covering the nip = great
Side boob with a babys head covering the nip = ewwwww

silly.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

You think making a baby starve and suffer in order to protect your squemishness of seeing the side of a breast is rational?
What part, exactly, flips you out?

You would simply die here in florida where you can see all sorts of side boobage due to summer clothes.

So, take a moment and decide what your weirded out by...you are literally saying making a baby not suffer = a disgusting thing (well, not literally mind you, but pretty close).
Side boob with a bikini covering the nip = great
Side boob with a babys head covering the nip = ewwwww

silly.

OH PLEASE. Making a baby starve? Good grief...

This man has run out of material.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Couldn't resist...it was all that talk of side boob.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Score one for hypocrisy.

Bam!

I think taking lactating breasts out to feed in front of everyone is more of a militant feminist agenda than that of a proper conservative Christian. I wouldn't expect anything less from militant feminists though.

I think people should have the proper sense and respect not to do this out in public or post pictures of it on Facebook.

Me personally, I am slightly put off by it..but more put off by seeing some guy in tight pants that accentuate his...jewels.

I however am magical. my eyes can actually move and so I simply look somewhere else when I see things I don't necessarily want to see. I think I should talk to some genetics professor to have it studied..because it seems I am one of the few that have this ability.
Also, I have the magical ability to turn the channel if there is something on television I don't want to watch...

I am magical in general is the point.
wanna see me make a counterpoint disappear...abracadabra...and boom, your point is gone.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
BOOBS, I LOVE BOOBS.
Mothers feeding there children through their wonderful BOOBS is a natural and normal thing.
I was breastfed as were many of you.
Its a terrible thing when nowadays some find this repulsing.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdchop
reply to post by Garfee

Ahhhh - No,it's not.... It has only been recently that "public breast feeding" has become a hot topic - PC Not here, Nobody should have to witness this - It's not like a tv or radio where you can turn the channel - Breasts in Public, regardless of what they are doing with them is illegal.... Public nudity no matter for what reason for anyone in the US is illegall - MHO = If you can't feed your baby at home then A) that's not my problem B) it's illegal and should not be changed and C) I and everyone else don't need to see it........... FEED YOUR CHILD AT HOME - and believe me I love breasts but not this, not out in public - go to a bathroom or stay home - Not like you change the baby's diaper in public so why would anyone think this is OK????

Good points... Thank for your opinion...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join