It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Australian Mothers Protest Facebook Over The Right To Display Their Breasts.

page: 19
13
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
Right, so you don't really have a position on the idea of 'offensive' behaviour in public, you just like banning things. Just explaining why this thread seems to descend into personal attacks.

I can think of another guy who used to like banning things. Come to think of it, he was quite concerned with the concept of an ubermensch as well. How interesting...

I gotta agree with the other poster - I find you quite offensive, however I don't think you should be banned.



No one said anything about banning.




posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup
 


No sarcasm at all. I really hate milk. Always have. Beer on the other hand...



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ok it is natural to breastfeed, but posting it on Facebook and making a spectacle out of it is totally ridiculous. Think of it from a married male perspective, and if his wife was the one who was doing that so a bunch of strangers on Facebook can drool over it. If your going to breastfeed then do it, but don't think it's special because your posting it on Facebook....Come on people common sense.



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by akat0ra
That's a tough one. I understand why some wouldn't like to see this and why others wouldn't bother at all. And usually when the situation is like that it is easier to ban it.


I am offended by this stuff:

Bathing suits..yuck. look at how much skin it shows..and this is a pretty covered up one.
Other things that offend me:
lipstick, weird hair styles, side boobs, legs exposed above the kneecaps, and about 100 other things

I will write a list of all the stuff that offends me and some others...its easier for all of society to simply ban what I am offended by



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by blupblup
 


No sarcasm at all. I really hate milk. Always have. Beer on the other hand...




Really? damn you're good... I really thought that was sarcasm.

:shk:

Oh well... on we go.


So do you like cows? Or goats? Are you uncomfortable around them... with their udders all hanging and swinging... that milk... all just waiting... and dripping?

Serious question actually, just phrased it kinda silly.


Do you eat Chocolate? Do you eat/drink anything with milk in it, or is it just the sight of actual milk?



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by L00kingGlass
 


Don't stare. You anti-bf in public people are the only ones who look. Keep your damn eyes to yourself.

I could walk around all day breastfeeding in public for years, and most people didn't notice. A woman now and then, a couple of guys who would just smile....and then a few of *YOU.* You guys STARE.

Control yourself, and your problems will disappear.


I am against it and I've never seen it... Where you wanna go now? I'm really glad that IMO you have no respect for others and feel you have the right to swing your nip out and feed your kid all around town...

BTW those people probably weren't staring... they were gawking...

Besides where did staring come in here? We went from breastfeeding pics on FB, to breastfeeding in public to staring at people breastfeeding...




posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by spav5


He's one of only a few in this thread who have even a shred of decency. Facebook doesn't need pictures of women breast feeding their babies, we can do without it.

It's also not difficult to do your business in private, or at least throw a towel over it as someone else mentioned.


And how difficult is it for you not to view OTHER peoples profiles? Or simply look away when you encounter a baby being fed.

Peace
edit on 3-2-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)


So now you are saying it's our duty to look away for respect of the mother because she is too lazy to cover it up?

Decency is dead here...



Some people find it hard to eat while looking at the elderly. Some people get uncomfortable around the disabled.

Yes if you are offended by breast feeding...look away.

She is feeding her child..maybe she doesn't want a blanket on his head. Is this how you eat? With a blanket on your head?

Perhaps it is you that are being lazy.

Peace



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 





Sorry..just finding the untrue statements to be amusing But please...can we start making untrue statements that will have me dig up women in bikini's verses shirtless men...this is getting a bit awkward.



Or digging ditches at the side of a road. GOOD LORD.

I don't take my shirt off at work, at the mall, at church, in a school, in a government building, or even at home when guests are over. I would also expect the same of others.

It's called class. Decency.

Apparently this is lost on you. You may now return to your belittling and personal attacks.



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz
 


All your examples are privately-owned enterprises with dress codes and rules and such. I'm talking about out in the street, at the park, or on the beach. Sure you could argue "public decency", but if this was the case then everyone would be all up in arms about the mini-dress fad and dudes wearing their pants below their waists.



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by luiscomputech
It's sad to say that in today's society , you turn on a TV set and all you see is murder and violence and it's totally acceptable . However a woman's breast is offensive . This is why nowadays , all you see walking around in society is a bunch of violent , sexually deprived people . Closed mindedness is what's unacceptable to me .


Stereotype much? Sexually deprived/Violent? Not in this side of town...

Funny how closed mindedness is unacceptable to you but assumptions are not... hmmmm...



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5
 


I'm now going to eat my dinner with a blanket on my head, just to see hubby's "WTF are you doing?" face..




posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
Right, so you don't really have a position on the idea of 'offensive' behaviour in public, you just like banning things. Just explaining why this thread seems to descend into personal attacks.

I can think of another guy who used to like banning things. Come to think of it, he was quite concerned with the concept of an ubermensch as well. How interesting...

I gotta agree with the other poster - I find you quite offensive, however I don't think you should be banned.


edit on 3-2-2012 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz
 


Don't friend mommies of babies.

They probably don't want you as a friend anyways. With your staring and boob fascination and hate for women and babies. They probably don't need your "friend" link on facebook.



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Do you eat Chocolate? Do you eat/drink anything with milk in it, or is it just the sight of actual milk?


Nope, don't like chocolate either. You've got to put a little milk in Kraft Dinner or it's dry as hell but makes liquid cheese. Cheese I like. That's about it though.



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 




Kinda fascinating actually!! Seriously, we are fascinating creatures.

What about the cows and goats and udders? Any issues?



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


No one said anything about hating beautiful women.

This is also an extremely beautiful woman:


I would prefer she kept her shirt on in public places though. Some things are best left to the imagination.

If you have to ask why people shouldn't disrobe in public then you have more issues than you claim we have.

Perhaps you would feel more comfortable in a militant Liberal nudist colony?
edit on 3-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
reply to post by SaturnFX
 





Sorry..just finding the untrue statements to be amusing But please...can we start making untrue statements that will have me dig up women in bikini's verses shirtless men...this is getting a bit awkward.



Or digging ditches at the side of a road. GOOD LORD.

I don't take my shirt off at work, at the mall, at church, in a school, in a government building, or even at home when guests are over. I would also expect the same of others.

It's called class. Decency.

Apparently this is lost on you. You may now return to your belittling and personal attacks.

Work = work approprate clothing. be it suits or jeans and no shirt.
mall..well, hang out in a florida mall and you will see plenty of tween boys with their shirts off trying to impress the girls
Church, school, all approprate. government building..well, thats a pretty diverse catagory..from the senate to welfare lines..
as far as other peoples homes..depends. if its a cocktail party, then chances are everyone is dressed nice. if its a casual superbowl party/barbecue, then no rules apply towards clothing...be it jeans and a tshirt, shorts and no shirt, mother all but topless, etc.

Class and decency is about knowing the atmosphere and being approprate. I would be far more offended by some dude with a shirt off at a nice restaurant than a mother breastfeeding with a cloth covering the details..wouldn't you?

But this is all off topic. the topic in question, according to the title of this thread, is about facebook...aka, that place where you must ask your friend to link up to in order to look at their pictures..and in that case, class does not come into factor...its less classy of someone to seek out breastfeeding pictures of family and friend than it is to show those whom want to see out of not being such a juvenile.

[snipped]



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
What about the cows and goats and udders? Any issues?


No problem with udders. No opinion on them actually but throw a steak on the grill and I'm happy.



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by spav5


He's one of only a few in this thread who have even a shred of decency. Facebook doesn't need pictures of women breast feeding their babies, we can do without it.

It's also not difficult to do your business in private, or at least throw a towel over it as someone else mentioned.


And how difficult is it for you not to view OTHER peoples profiles? Or simply look away when you encounter a baby being fed.

Peace
edit on 3-2-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)


So now you are saying it's our duty to look away for respect of the mother because she is too lazy to cover it up?

Decency is dead here...



Some people find it hard to eat while looking at the elderly. Some people get uncomfortable around the disabled.

Yes if you are offended by breast feeding...look away.

She is feeding her child..maybe she doesn't want a blanket on his head. Is this how you eat? With a blanket on your head?

Perhaps it is you that are being lazy.

Peace

No I don't eat with a blanket on my head captain obvious... I'm not a child sucking on my mom for food either...

I'm being lazy for not turning away, of which I have never witnessed this anyways... you have to be kidding me or perhaps your just being obnoxiousness and ignorant...



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join