It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentinians protest arrival of Prince Williams on Malvinas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I misread the title of this thread as "Argintineans protest arrival of Prince Williams on Minivan" and didn't see what the fuss was all about.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Argentina are the only one's who have tried to invade the Falklands, since it became British territory AFTER it was Spanish many, many years ago (before Argentina was even recognised).

The Falklands have NEVER belonged to Argentina. The Argentinians have tried to invade the falklands and the British succesfully protected the inhabitants of the islands.

Argentina need to look at their own history, this is not about the British taking that land from anyone (besides the Spanish who don't seem too bothered).

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

USA and UK are two sides of the same coin.The faster the world gets rid of both of you,the faster peace will prevail.

British and american empire are one and the same.

edit on 3-2-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

What utter, uneducated crap.

Seriously, remove your trousers because they're muffling your voice.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
If you are trying to prove your point (which I agree with btw) then do not use those bloody frenchies to do it as even my English eyes are twitching at that statement!!!

Yes them frenchies ARE against us! Who do you think supplied the missiles to destroy some of our ships during the Falklands war?? Yeah, those damn frenchies!!

Who do you think supplied most of the ships used by the Argentinian Navy in 1982 ?

Eh, the British.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by morf991

Yes I agree and also England is the biggest mass murderer in history.USA can invoke the monroe doctrine to free falklands from brit oppression.

edit on 3-2-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

From what I have read in the history books, Genghis Khan was the biggest mass murderer, fifty million according to some estimates. then there is 'uncle Joe' at twenty million, everyone's Favorite whipping boy, Hitler, at six million, so what number have you got for the British???

Never go to war with Stalin.....Uncle Joe don't play by Your rules!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

genghis khan,Stalin,USA and all others are choir boys when compared to the British empires mass murder of 150 million in India atleast and estimates go upto 1.8 billion. British empire could fill the pacific ocean with blood.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

genghis khan,Stalin,USA and all others are choir boys when compared to the British empires mass murder of 150 million in India atleast and estimates go upto 1.8 billion. British empire could fill the pacific ocean with blood.

You got a source for these numbers and claims?

Besides how does something that happened many, many years ago equate to us protecting our people in the 21st century?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
In this case it is quite clearly Argentina that is being imperialist. The islands aren't Argentinas, they haven't been 'snatched' or annexed in any way, other than by the Argentinian forces in the 80's.

Chile would probably have just as much right to claim from a geographic point of view. There is only one side who is acting as the aggressor here.

The UK have given the Falkland Island people the right to self determination, and at the moment they want to stay British. That should be the end of the argument, anything else is quite simply fascism.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

www.scribd.com...

www.paklinks.com...

jambudveep.wordpress.com...

Indian history books give estimates of 150-250 million but then comprehensive research of primary data and statistical database suggests its much higher.

After Queen Victoria came to the throne the world suffered horrendous mass murder at the hands of the British during her long rule from 1837-1901. Under Queen Victoria the 1845-1850 Irish famine resulted in 1 million dead from starvation (while food was being exported from Ireland) and 1.5 million Irish fled overseas, many perishing from destitution in transit or on arrival. Similar privations occurred in Scotland with attendant massive emigration of displaced Scots in the Scottish Clearances. Brutal British rule in India was associated with Indian cholera epidemics (25 million victims) and famines (scores of millions of victims). An estimated 500 million Indians died avoidably from deprivation under the merciless rule of Queen Victoria.

mwcnews.net...
gideon.sulekha.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by alldaylong

check my previous posts.Britain mass murdered hundreds of millions with estimates of upto 1.8 billion .

Falklands,Scotland and Ireland will be liberated soon.

Wow, lets not let facts get in the way of moronic thinking shall we, sorry mods I know the "m" word is most likely not allowed but this post is way way way beyond even a reasoned argument.

Fact1 : The Falklands were occupied by France, Spain and Britain 250 years ago one then the other then back again etc etc The country of Argentina did not exist then it was Spanish/British occupied River Plate territority I mean sheese. When Argentina became a country it sent a garrison to the islands in nov 1832 but were ejected by the British in jan 1833 a massive 2 months of "supposed" occupation. During this period there was no permanent colony by any country it was all military.

Fact2: The first civilian permanent colony on the Falklands was established by the British in 1840. There has never ever ever ever ever been one single solitary Argentinian civilian colony. Penny dropped yet?

Fact3 : The Falklands has been continuously occupied by English speaking British citizens for 180 years NON STOP .

Fact4: Scotland sold its independence to Britain (England Wales + Ireland) when the barons had a failed attempt to conquer parts of America, Southern states area roughly. The only country in history to sell its independence for cash. No occupation no forced labour, no freaking anything wild and mad to suit a really warped view of history. Ironically enough most Scots who know this don't want independence, those who have no idea and whislee "flower of Scotland" want independence.......ignorance is bliss ;-) (im a Yorkshireman having lived here in Scotland for over 30 years with 50 slaves in kilts doing my bidding because I'm an evil English man)

Fact5 : Ireland is already independent save a small part in the North which is AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN occupied by people who want to remain part of Britain.

Let the people decide:
1. Northern Ireland occupants (majority) want to remain in Britain.
2. Falklanders (zero Argentinians) want to remain in Britain
3. Scotland is 50:50 roughly and they will get a vote in the next 2 years.

Whats wrong with that?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

So it doesn't matter to you that 100% of the residents of those islands want to be a part of the British Empire? I think it's the Argies that are showing colonial aggression in this case.....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It is only a matter of time before the Falklands (Malvinas), Gibralter go the same way as Hong Kong and are peacefully handed over. That just feels common sense thinking.

So maybe we (UK) should be around the negotiating table with Argentina discussing the peaceful handover

And yes I am British and proud - it just seems inevitable.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have friends that are Argentinean and noticed most of them pride themselves as the "Europeans" of South America.

A few examples...

I called one latino, she said Argentineans aren't latino they are italians that speak spanish.
The other Arg in the group concurred, saying latinos are the brown hispanics, like mexicans.

In another situ,, my Argentinean buddy no longer a friend, bragged on several occasions actually about how Argentina made sure to kill off virtually all the natives instead of mixing with them, keeping the Argentinean colony mostly pure European and more "attractive".

LOL

I think these comments are relevant to some degree in trying to understand other reasons argentineans are boycotting brits.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

brits were in the Falkland islands already and thus were exempted from the doctrine while at the same time we are prohibited from interfering with an internal European matter

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I have known many Argentineans. I know many Latinos. The two dont mix.
on a personal note-

The Argentineans are very condescending if they are the legal "up and up" citizen. Miserable, sexist, racist, ignorant disguised under a false bohemian intellectualism. They are also snide and spiteful. That's my personal experience.

The criminal side is one of the worst, most violent, sadistic, vile societies of murderers, and thieves. This I am almost quoting from a guy I knew who was intimately familiar with South American prisons. He said they were the worst criminals in all the land. I have corroborated this with many people.

The thing is they are most like this to outsiders. They can be peaceful for moments with each other. Although lasting friendships with them are almost inexistent. I have never known someone who regularly saw an Argentinean friend that kept that friendship for very long.

That said, I also agree that the Islands are not theirs. Their claim is not valid. It should be a humble request.
I also think that the UK should consider the cost of keeping those islands and just sell them. Yes, sell them.

If you are living there then look to the rest of the world that has its land expropriated by governments all the time and just deal with it. Have them be justly compensated and offered to stay. Other than that, there really is not much to say about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by morf991

No it's not Argentinian land, it is a self governing British overseas territory. The first people to set foot on the islands and claim them were French, since then they have been fought over by the French, Spanish, British and later the United provinces/Argentina, with Britain in control of them since 1834. The only reason Argentina is fanning the flames is because of oil exploration near the islands.

The last time Argentina invaded in the 80s was because they were controlled by a military dictatorship who seized power in a coup. Galtieri wanted a quick victory in the Falklands to warn off the threat from the growing opposition to the coup and distract the populace from the fact that inflation was over 600% and the GDP was falling rapidly.

That being said, it's something that needs to be negotiated over because the bickering over these islands is really pointless and could go on forever. If you want to talk about the 'original' owners of the islands you'd be talking about the French, not Argentina. Let the inhabitants decide on their future and respect their decision.
edit on 3-2-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

www.scribd.com...

www.paklinks.com...

jambudveep.wordpress.com...

Indian history books give estimates of 150-250 million but then comprehensive research of primary data and statistical database suggests its much higher.

After Queen Victoria came to the throne the world suffered horrendous mass murder at the hands of the British during her long rule from 1837-1901. Under Queen Victoria the 1845-1850 Irish famine resulted in 1 million dead from starvation (while food was being exported from Ireland) and 1.5 million Irish fled overseas, many perishing from destitution in transit or on arrival. Similar privations occurred in Scotland with attendant massive emigration of displaced Scots in the Scottish Clearances. Brutal British rule in India was associated with Indian cholera epidemics (25 million victims) and famines (scores of millions of victims). An estimated 500 million Indians died avoidably from deprivation under the merciless rule of Queen Victoria.

mwcnews.net...
gideon.sulekha.com...

I appreciate the links, some interesting reading and just shows the nastiness of the ruling classes in those ages, and the treatment of India wasn't anything to be proud of, however war, slavery and inter-religious conflict had also been an issue in India, before the British had ever heard of the place. The conflicts between India and the British pale compared to the conflicts between the Hindu's and the Muslims over many, many centuries.

Timur's memoirs on his invasion of India describe in detail the massacre of Hindus, looting plundering and raping of their women and children, their forced conversions to Islam and the plunder of the wealth of Hindustan (Greater India). It gives details of how villages, towns and entire cities were rid of their Hindu male population through systematic mass slaughters and genocide and their women and children forcefully converted en masse to Islam from Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org...

Did the British do that?

Mass beheadings (100,000 in just one day! As just one example?) Child rape?, The forced elimination of all males? - No.

I make no excuses for things that happened many years ago, but it's easy to forget that the same statistics can be applied to any other European, American or Asian nation - Spanish, French, Chinese, Mongolian, America, Afghanistan, Germany, Italian, Greek etc etc

--

The Irish famine was down to two real things. During that period it wasn't exactly rosy for the average Brit either. The only reason we didn't suffer from the same fate as the Irish lower classes is due to access to grain, which just happened to prefer our climate, whilst we DID suffer from the potato famine, poverty, work houses, vagrancy, disease, pollution and such - unless of course you had a title or a large piece of land, which was originally taken from innocent farmers due to their inability to read (as again education was for the upper classes). Farmers who had owned land for centuries in Britain, had it snatched away by Dukes and Lords. And as a result, the merchant classes held onto grain and created forced labour for both British and Irish people.

--

People often forget that we weren't the only colonial power. We just so happened to have an excellent navy.

But we also gave you railways, engines, machine tools, priniciples of engineering, the computer, the studies of atoms, dna, biology, modern physics all the principles route back to British pioneers (admittedly some could say that those concepts date back to Rome and Greece, or the Middle east - but the development and pioneering creativity of great British minds changed the world.

Ever travelled on a train or used a computer or taken an antibiotic?

'What Manchester does today- the world does tomorrow' - Benjamin Disraeli

Anyone who isn't British automatically thinks everything comes from London, which is nonsense as some of our greatest inventions to the world came from Manchester (and also Scotland!).

--

My point is, I'm not deflecting any blame for our bloody past, but we're not alone - and we gave much back.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Is not London like the Vatican, and Washington D.C.?

I would not consider those cities, The City, part of the nations they occupy.

They are the control of the world by

London- Financially

Vatican- Religiously

D.C.- Militarily

Manchester rocks next to London. London is a "want to be" New York.
edit on 3-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by alldaylong

check my previous posts.Britain mass murdered hundreds of millions with estimates of upto 1.8 billion .

Falklands,Scotland and Ireland will be liberated soon.

All of the people living on The Falklands are British. Not a single Argentinian has ever lived on the Island. It is British through and through.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Would you be happy for the UK to hand over Yorkshire to Denmark?

It's no different.

We will withstand all attempts by the imperalist colonial Argentians to take over territories occupied by other peoples against their will.

The fact that the Argentinians haven't a hope in hell of invading the Falklands these days is neither here nor there.

But if Denmark decides to claim Yorkshire back I'll remember you and support them, okay?
edit on 3-2-2012 by Essan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join