It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentinians protest arrival of Prince Williams on Malvinas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

The only problem we will have is getting our troops down there,but once they are there though,there will be no problem.The Royal Marines in the Falklands war were sent down by cruise ship but got the job done with no problem.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by EvanB

consequences come in one size these days 5.56mm

I did a "riot free" tour in the Falklands and can assure any asswipe who thinks they can try it on again, that a 5.56mm welcome would be the very least of their worries!!

Try whole regiments of battle hardened troops.. Not just any regiments.. But British Army regiments!!...

Iraq, Afghanistan, etc... Any hardcore corned beef eaters better take note!

Then there is our nuclear subs that can take the WHOLE of South America..

Then there is the fact that we have 100% fatality dna specific viruses that would do the job at too...

At the moment we are being nice and view the argies as a mere flea bite..

But do not push us anymore..
edit on 3-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

He is only a man. Those titles mean nothing to the Malvinas.

What a co-incidence! Those titles also mean nothing in Toytown, Atlantis, Utopia, Neverneverland and all the other fictional places that are complete b.s. Who cares what it means to a place that does not exist.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by morf991

Originally posted by staticarium
These Argies are just asking for us to crush them again. What a sickening people.

Quotes like this make me pissed. Have you ever been in Argentina? Do you even know were that is?

Guess what......... England is Imperialistic. And I would most certainly head over to Argentina to help them if another war erupts against "the British".

Thats Argentinian land..... Very much far removed from English "sovereignty".

Just like Hawaii is far removed from US sovereignty and should be handed over to Japan?

What a deranged thug!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by EvanB

consequences come in one size these days 5.56mm

I did a "riot free" tour in the Falklands and can assure any asswipe who thinks they can try it on again, that a 5.56mm welcome would be the very least of their worries!!

Try whole regiments of battle hardened troops.. Not just any regiments.. But British Army regiments!!...

Iraq, Afghanistan, etc... Any hardcore corned beef eaters better take note!

Then there is our nuclear subs that can take the WHOLE of South America..

Then there is the fact that we have 100% fatality dna specific viruses that would do the job at too...

At the moment we are being nice and view the argies as a mere flea bite..

But do not push us anymore..

I have to agree with this one, Argentina had their chance to take the island, they failed and until they develop anything to counter a nuclear sub Argentina has no chance.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Murdering? nope.....we built them up into great nations and kept them alive.

Sure a few died here and there but nothing compared to the amount we saved.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

so lets say hypothetically that the USA turns up and evicts the british down to the last person

This cannot nor will not happen.

After the last Flaklands War, it was made clear that next time, the UK will not reinvade.

Should an invasion occur, regardless of from where, the UK will carry out a systematic policy of flattening cities of the invading power. According to the original plan, the first will be launch to hit near Valparaiso if Argentina invaded.

For this reason, the UK maintains a nuclear sub off the coast of the Falklands at ALL times. Before even news would have reach the rest of the world, if Argentina attempted an invasion, its top six cities would have been entirely liquidated.

If the US, that would be more unfortunate as this would result in the loss of at least 50 major US cities and it would be curious for the US to sacrifice its entire eastern seaboard over islands that it has never had any claim to in the past.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I few attention "wanters" caring about something that happened before they were born....

Do ya really think that Argentina"s people really care about some lumpy sheep pasture sticking out of the ocean in the middle of nowhere?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Thats Argentinian land..... Very much far removed from English "sovereignty"
reply to post by morf991

It was British land before Argentina even existed as a country. The people living there are British and don't want to be ruled by Argentina. This is just another attempt by the Argentine leaders to distract the people from internal woes, like the Falklands War was.

The governments of both nations are corrupt and generally useless. Nevertheless as it stands Argentina have no leg to stand on.

A scrambled pair of Typhoons from 1435 Flight have a total of 26 hardpoints for AA missiles; Argentina has 7 Mirage III and 11 IAI Dagger aircraft. Outdated, outmoded, unknown how many could actually carry out a sortie.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Point One - The Falklands was NEVER Argentinian

Point Two - given the war we fought in 1982 - do you really thing we would ever give those islands up ?

Point Three - If we were asked to give up the Falklands - well it sort of calls up the question of the legitimacy of the US going to war on the strength of Pearl Harbour in 1942 ?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by alldaylong

If Argentina took all out action, an very organised, swift and stealthy invasion of the Falklands Islands, to include securing the airport for a period of 2 odd days, from that point on Britain would have absolutely NO CHANCE AT ALL of retaking the islands.

This is utter bunk. If the UK carries out it existing plan to nuke one Argentina city an hour, either they would have to surrender the islands or they would become extinct.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

Mrs Thatcher promised to do exactly that if the French did not give the destruct codes to the exocet missiles

guess who has the codes ?
edit on 3-2-2012 by Silk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

we dont play fair - never have never will in war

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Dont forget we have a Type 45 down there now - now that's a ship -

Type 45 - Falklands protection

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Yes i love how the Brits like to give the impression of 'thinly' manned islands.I used to love those BBC documentries where Killer whale pods would wait offshore for any unsuspecting seals.The Argies are just chest beating because Kirtchner is riling them up, i thought she was more responsible than that mind you she does fancy herself as a new Peron.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Correct me if I am wrong, but the royal family has no roll or place or say with the country...thats why they have the prime minister.
So who care about a guy that is a son of someone that has no power or real earned respect....seriously, I am suprised that they aren't mentally messed up...always having kids with cousins and what not.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

You know The french call England "Angleterre?" OH MY GOD THE HORROR THEY MUST BE AGAINST YOU.
reply to post by paganini

If you are trying to prove your point (which I agree with btw) then do not use those bloody frenchies to do it as even my English eyes are twitching at that statement!!!

Yes them frenchies ARE against us! Who do you think supplied the missiles to destroy some of our ships during the Falklands war?? Yeah, those damn frenchies!!
Actually for all i disliked Thatcher she gave the French a real good talking too over them Exocet missiles( I think the thought of Vulcans flying over Bueanas Aries made them reconsider) apparentley the codes were deactivated and they were rendered useless otherwise a lot more ships would have been in s***

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk

we dont play fair - never have never will in war
Perfidious Albion just like the Romans rule book out the window,win win chivalry is out the window good old Britain

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk

Mrs Thatcher promised to do exactly that if the French did not give the destruct codes to the exocet missiles

guess who has the codes ?
edit on 3-2-2012 by Silk because: (no reason given)

Heya - I'm interested in reading some more info on this - can anyone post me something about this?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Never mind I found it.

Margaret Thatcher forced François Mitterrand to give her the codes to disable Argentina's deadly French-made missiles during the Falklands war by threatening to launch a nuclear warhead against Buenos Aires, according to a book.

"Excuse me. I had a difference to settle with the Iron Lady. That Thatcher, what an impossible woman!" the president said as he arrived, more than 45 minutes late, on May 7 1982. "With her four nuclear submarines in the south Atlantic, she's threatening to unleash an atomic weapon against Argentina if I don't provide her with the secret codes that will make the missiles we sold the Argentinians deaf and blind." He reminded Mr Magoudi that on May 4 an Exocet missile had struck HMS Sheffield. "To make matters worse, it was fired from a Super-Etendard jet," he said. "All the matériel was French!"

This is the same France that us Brits had saved twice previously.

www.historyonthenet.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join