It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Death Photos May Be Released

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I, for one, want to see the photos of the corpse no matter how many have been made at the scene. I have seen pictures already that give some idea of how he may have looked. Even with one half blown away and gruesome the rest of the face should have been left intact. I hope that they will be released soon.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
More authentic pictures from the government? hahaha, like the last ones ?

Dead OBL

Pic from 'Black Hawk Down'

Fool me once...

Osama has been dead since 2001, and was buried near/at Tora Bora. For anyone to think that this guy could have evaded the most technologically advanced intelligence gathering war machine for 10 years while secretly moving himself and a kidney dialysis machine from cave to cave is a (insert derogatory noun)...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Osama Bin Laden Death Photos May Be Released ,

It probably means they hired a professional studio that spent time to produce some quality Photoshopped pictures.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Please also release the photographs and videos of his "burial at sea". And weren't we also told that the raid was videotaped by some sort of helmet cam? Release that too, then I'll believe the official OBL assassination story.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think they should have released them withn a week or two of his death.

I would also like to hear the audio they removed from all of his tapes.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why now? because as a fellow poster stated Obama's handlers really don't have anything else to galvanize his base.I expected these photos to be released around the time of the DNC convention.
edit on 102929p://2726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by vasaga

Politics.

It helps get Obama re-elected, but don't worry, he will remind you a lot when his full-blown re-election campaign starts.

I think you just hit the nail on the head with a 5 pound sledge hammer. People, think about what elections are approaching and what releasing these pics at this time would affect. With the GOP nominees bickering like 5 year old kids on a playground, it's not going to take much to get the majority of the voting populace to lean towards the man who killed OBL.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
the article say's releasing the photo's would trigger acts of violence against the united states.

if killing him didn't do it by now, what are pictures going to do.

i doubt anyone will be so enraged by seeing bin laden dead, that he'll leave his family and blow himself up.

who ever is going to attack america, will already be determined regardless if the picture is released or not.

you can be sure george bush has already seen them. and he's a private citizen like anybody else in america.

edit on 2-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga
First question that popped into my mind:

"Why now?"

...isn't it coming up to election time in the USA..?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
We all know that no matter what quality the pictures are, there will be skeptics on their authenticity.

I will be one of these skeptics.

Photos can very easily be manipulated and the whole story stinks like a tuna boat. I find this announcement convenient since recent stories about the Dr. who snitched on his" whereabouts" fearing for his life have been circulating. I believe this is one of the many red herrings that TPTB have thrown our way to confuse into thinking the story had any validity.

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

(and they better be good!)

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Absolutely, and especially when it takes them several months to change their mind about releasing them. It's not long ago that alot of MSM news outlets reported on the supposed pictures of bin-laden and even aired the corpse, which effectively turned out to be a photo edit.

They are none the wiser, and assumed it was real. Here's to say that the same will happen whether the whitehouse releases "manipulated" photos, the media will jump straight onto the proof bandwagon without looking into the credibility at all.

It's okay for photos of gaddafi's corpse to be aired by the MSM so why is bin-laden different? I'm very sure gaddafi is a martyr to those that were loyal (and still are) to his leadership. I am in no way comparing the supposed acts of bin-laden to gaddafi, but it's a comparison that makes you wonder why they held back the images of bin-laden in the first place.

The gaddafi pic'/footage of his last minutes may not have come from a direct government source, but they had declared it as "authentic".

A photo means nothing.

This is like saying "yeh we did it", reffering to the assassination of osama bin-laden, only to find out it takes them a rather long time to conjur up some form of evidence. If bin-laden was really killed last year as they "say". The evidence and the corpse photos would have been aired over US / Western MSM outlets within minutes of the announcement.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Sure.... they have had plenty of time to fake some good pictures up.

how do we know that osama was ever real?

all we saw was video tapes and people telling us he was some bad guy.

it could all be fake, i never met him, nor do i speak his language.

ill keep an open mind, but when it comes to the United States Government, my mind is closed.

i don't trust anything i hear.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
They showed vids and pics of Saddam and Gadaffi when they were killed.

But they didn't show vids and pics of Osama being killed and his body dumped quickly into the sea.

Maybe this is what actually happened to Osama:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
WRC559.com Does not fall for this. With the whitehouse previously releasing fake images / videos of him, How can we fall for it again.

WRC559.com OUT!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I wonder at this.

I have previously seen photos in certain circles of the net already from a year ago. Some were passed around on TOR, others on a few not very "family friendly" forums accessible through the regular web. I wish I could recall exactly where now. If memory serves, it depicted him with spatters of blood (dried, I imagine) mostly along one side of his face. A shot from the top of the head down to about chest level. Most assuredly DEAD, however. No conspiracy there.

This was one of them. (NSFW)

Osama Bin Laden (presumably dead)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

And weren't we also told that the raid was videotaped by some sort of helmet cam? Release that too, then I'll believe the official OBL assassination story.

This was out there briefly too. In night-vision format, it depicted the travel from outside to the interior of the building, up the spiraling stairway, gunshots, a woman (shot dead turns out), and then the top flight. I have not seen anything beyond this.

Why have so few people seemingly been privy to this information? I thought it was mainstream by this time.
edit on 2-2-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Let's concentrate on whether he is dead or not rather than the legality of murder. It is murder, whether you like it or not, but the whole reason behind the secrecy was to divert attention from the real debate of whether murder is legal or not - should we legalize murder?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
what is this bull#

what did they say again why they didnt release the pics in the first place?
This is now completely irrelevant ,huh?

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I should have known when they said they weren't releasing them. They meant until Obama needed to pull a card. 52 pictures? He had not a card, but a whole deck up his sleeve.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The CIA was involved in Afghanistan during the Soviet conflict there. I think the CIA funded and equipped the Taliban back then. That's where the Bin Laden fable was created.

you think, and you are correct, the CIA funded the groups to fight the soviets, bin Laden being one of them, who later turned into the fabricated globe trotting terrorist group we are "fighting" now.

In fact, OBL died in 2001, and not only did he NOT take credit for 911, he spoke out against it as any true Muslim on jihad would not target soft innocent targets such as that.

go find the early news reports from when 911 was taking place. They weren't even sure exactly what had happened yet, but you've got various "experts" immediately saying OBL had fingerprints all over it.

OBL made a convenient scapegoat, and because of the US media's unwillingness to investigate and make public the long reaching connections between the bin Laden family and the Bush family, most people don't know all the facts.
edit on 2-2-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
They are already making excuses as for not to release them"

CIA Claims Publication of Bin Laden Death Photos Would ‘Trigger Violence’

The Central Intelligence Agency says releasing images of a dead Osama bin Laden “could trigger violence, attacks, or acts of revenge against the United States.” Disclosing such images, including one showing the bullet wound to bin Laden’s head, the government said, “plausibly and logically pose a particularly grave threat of inflaming anti-American sentiment and resulting in retaliatory harm.” (.pdf)

It never stops them from releasing other people with their brains dripping out their skulls, we all know damn well they don't care about Muslim sentiment. If anything, they would want more "attacks" to heighten security, up the defense budget, and take away more of our freedoms.

It's a win-win situation.

I don't believe it will increase violence at all .. him being dead at troops hands ALONE would be enough to increase violence if it were going to .. and yet here we are with most of the iraq troops home, or coming home.. All it can do is provide closure in some form for those that doubt it .. and even then, those that doubt it will probably still doubt it ..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join