It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, perceiving threat from West, willing to attack on U.S. soil, U.S. intelligence report finds

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by superman2012
I believe that Iran would cause many casualties if the US invaded Iran.

ALL wars cause casualties.
Some worse than others.

I don't think that Iran would start a war in the US. They are much stronger at home.

Conversely the US isn't stronger at home? The possibility of an Iranian "Asymmetric attack" on US soil [Whether Pre or Post declaration of War] is out of the realm of possibility?

It would make no sense for them to attack the US unless they were so far removed from it(attacks) that it would be circumstantial at best that they were behind it

Clarify...
So no matter what happens in the future you are already sure they wont be behind it? Yet, it's something you yourself stated they are good at. .

Like I said earlier though, I don't think they will start attacking the US that far from home, even if they have bases (and missiles that could splash the ocean around the US) in Venezuela

One doesn't need bases and/or missiles to raise hell.
Ask the Vietcong.

My main point is that, the US is forcing Iran into a corner. They have no valid reason to do so. Even though Iran is not following the NPT, neither is the US

On the contrary, the US has drastically reduced it's arsenal and continues to reduce it's Nuclear stockpile. This was started decades ago.

There are other pressing issues than Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon (if that is what they are trying to achieve).

AND...

You are 100% sure they are not?

Please let me know if I haven't answered your question, I might need more clarification.

You're doing fine

let's just not both fall back on relying on the CIA Factbook again

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I believe Iran would cause more casualties than the US is used to.

Yes, the US is way more stronger at home. That is why I don't believe Iran would attack them there. It would be a suicide mission that would cause many civilians in Iran to get "shocked and awed".

No, I don't think that they will never be behind it if something happens. Just exactly what I said.

One needs missiles in order to launch nuclear missiles, which is what the US is supposedly terrified of.

There are no publicly available guidelines for determining how serious a safeguards violation might be; there is no automatic translation from safeguards violations into NPT violations. This may help explain why the IAEA has found many discrepancies, but has not yet formally found Iran to be in noncompliance with its safeguards agreement.

At the 2000 NPT Review Conference, the parties agreed to what have become known as the “13 Practical Steps” toward disarmament, but the United States has since withdrawn its support for those steps. So once you agree to something and then withdraw aren't you in violation? Isn't that the point of an agreement, to abide by it? Isn't North Korea in violation of the NPT because it didn't follow the agreement? There is more to the NPT than just disarmament.

Edit: No I am not 100% sure they are not, but, like I posted last page, until I see proof positive I will take what the MSM and the US Government says with a grain of salt. Iraq anyone?

Cia factsheet...you promised you wouldn't tell

edit on 31-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe letting Inspectors into their hidden mountainside Nuclear facility,might do the trick? Second,The US stated for years,that North Korea was trying to build Nuclear Bombs. And Look at what happened? Another country,hellbent on creating them,with the words,Peaceful nuclear ambitions,attached to the side of them.................

I could respond to this with one word. Iraq. If the US is right 1/2 of the time those are still crappy odds.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
One needs missiles in order to launch nuclear missiles, which is what the US is supposedly terrified of.

In an asymmetric attack [One which you said Iran was good at] A nuclear Dirty bomb would be more fitting,

No?

At the 2000 NPT Review Conference....

What?

No brownie points for reducing the stockpile from 40,000 active nukes down to around 4,000?
I'd say that's heading in the right direction no matter how one slices that pie.

Edit: No I am not 100% sure they are not, but, like I posted last page, until I see proof positive I will take what the MSM and the US Government says with a grain of salt.

Well at least you'll admit that you're not 100% sure they are not developing them or plan too.

Iraq anyone?

Israel took care of Iraq's Nuclear program. Let's hope that a repeat doesn't happen on Iran.

eh?

Cia factsheet...you promised you wouldn't tell

Alls fair in love and asymmetric warfare. [I mean debates and discussions]

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I fail to see the news story here. Doesn't every countries military plan for a strike against their enemy on their Own soil. Even in a game of Chess you learn that to win you have to attack your opponent at home.

Glad they printed that, it sure clears the question? I thought for sure Iran's military was discussing a full retreat. Practice hiding under the kitchen table. That they were rolling over and allowing us to tell their nation of people what is best for them.

Are we still under the "It's all G. W. 's fault, warranty."?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Americans trying to make sense of their insanity.
Nothing new....boring.
Life is life, whether innocent american or iranian or anyone.
Wish americans could understand this basic concept.
One day you will learn the hard way....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Hahaha! What a brainwashed soldier! You didnt fought his battles, you fought the leaders battle. That is totally different dude. If you learned critical thinking, you would not have been in the army.
reply to post by bigwig22

Critical thinking??? Oh Ok!!! Dude? Are you seeing what I am seeing? Pray tell, shall we really fought his battles together you and I.
You can talk bad all you want about the Army, it has been cussed at by real men and women. But seriously, ever think about what it would mean to you if you were the one to fire the first shot in the war that won you the freedom to speak the way you do? To know real people you trust with your life have your back and have proved it time and again.
I hope maybe you can critically see what I am saying

edit on 31-1-2012 by rebellender because: material removed

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
Americans trying to make sense of their insanity.
Nothing new....boring.
Life is life, whether innocent american or iranian or anyone.
Wish americans could understand this basic concept.
One day you will learn the hard way....

How boorish and simple of you to look down upon us lowly Americans. While I see your so proud of your roots you fail to list them.

I say, "Goodday Sir."

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

In an asymmetric attack [One which you said Iran was good at] A nuclear Dirty bomb would be more fitting, No?

It would be more fitting, but, they can do that now, and have been able to for awhile. Why wait until the US is on your doorstep?

What? No brownie points for reducing the stockpile from 40,000 active nukes down to around 4,000? I'd say that's heading in the right direction no matter how one slices that pie.

Absolutely massive brownie points, but, they still didn't follow it to the letter. That's like a dirty cop giving you a ticket for jaywalking. (Horrible analogy, I know, but it is easier to put it like that.)

Well at least you'll admit that you're not 100% sure they are not developing them or plan too.

If I was 100% sure of anything I would be a millionaire by now.

Israel took care of Iraq's Nuclear program. Let's hope that a repeat doesn't happen on Iran.

I hope that isn't a repeat either, but, I was referring to this when I said I don't rely on the government to point out my enemies.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vault13er
Americans should be killing or kicking them out.....

You are a coward....

THE JEWS MUST PAY.....

You make a compelling argument

Sarcasm \\

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What the US and Israel is trying to do is achieve absolute security. That is being absolutely secure. However in order to do so, they have to act in the expense of their rivals, competitors or enemies. What this ussually does is prompt the rival (in this case Iran) to undertake desperate measures. In this case they may use terrorism although at this stage it seems unlikely. This has happened in the past, when Israel tried to achieve aboslute security at Syria's expense, Syria then used Hizb' Allah as a proxy in Lebanon to indirectly take their war to Israel. What the pursuit of absolute security (instead of diplomacy, co-option and atraction) does is create an environment where their is a continuous cycle of instability, insecurity and escalation. As Iran takes measures to guard their national interest and pursue their own security interests, Israel and the US does so too, then Iran further escalates and then the US and Israel does too. Another good example is Israel acquisition of nuclear weaponary. At this point countries such as Iran and Syria escalated their support for proxies such as Hizb' Allah and Hamas.

The point of this comment is to show that while the use of coercion and threats of force (i.e. Gun Boat Diplomacy) may seem to be effective, more often then not they create environments that are even more unstable and insecure. When a weaker country is backed into a corner, often they are forced to bite even if they know it may cause their own dimise. Perpetual ignorance is not the way.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by vault13er
...quoted post removed and poster now banned...

That was a great rant, but truthfully it seemed pretty racist and hateful. Not sure how you figure that will sway many Americans into your camp. Truth is the American people by the majority do not feel threaten by Iran and their individual pursuit for power. I also do not believe that the Iranian people by majority do not wish, "Death to America."

So why both governments beating war drums?
edit on 1-2-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Not long now I suspect.

U.S. intelligence agencies believe that Iran is prepared to launch terrorist attacks inside the United States in response to perceived threats from America and its allies, the U.S. spy chief said Tuesday.

That plot “shows that some Iranian officials — probably including Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei — have changed their calculus and are now more willing to conduct an attack in the United States in response to real or perceived U.S. actions that threaten the regime,” Clapper said in the testimony, which was submitted to the Senate Intelligence Committee in advance of a threat assessment hearing Tuesday. “We are also concerned about Iranian plotting against U.S. or allied interests overseas.”

Iran has blamed the United States and Israel for a series of mysterious developments, including the apparently targeted killing of yet another Iranian nuclear scientist in Tehran on Jan. 11, as well as a crippling cyber attack on the country’s largest uranium enrichment facility.

Another spoonful of fear being spoonfed to the American public. The story is clearly aimed at justifing an attack on Iran and getting some backing from the american public. Of course Iran has to be attacked if they are threatening attacks on US soil.

Will they move into Iran in the next couple of weeks or will a 'trigger' be needed first? What dreadful occurance would result in a merciless all out attack on Iran? It would have to be much bigger than 'shock and awe'.

please ues this link, if you try this, it should be the first story on that page;
www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 31-1-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

This is most definately a False Flag Operation! Think about it, the US sends a ship that is due for de-commission next year to Harmoze trying to get Iran to take the bait and fire on the ship. It's one way for the navy to save a few million bucks because of the cost of dismantalling three nuclear engines. If the ship is sunk there is no need to de-commission the ship. The only problem is that it would kill all the Navy personnell in the process. There is a french ship there as well. Russia and China is standing up for Iran at thiis point and frankly I don't blame them.

Iran is not a threat against the US. Even if they had a nuclear bomb, they still do not have a delivery system in order to start a nuclear war with the US. I would suspect the CIA is trying very hard to find an excuse to start a war with Iran. I hope Iran is going to be smarter than the CIA. If not, the body count in the US is going to be really high.

Iran wouldn't dare try anything in the US because we'd be invading them in a heartbeat. We already have over two thousand soldiers close enough to Iran to start killing everyone in site already. extra DIV

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I'm getting tired of people talking about "soil". Attacks on a country's "soil". It's a little dated, linguistically, in my opinion, and it just sounds funny. And how come you never hear references to America staging attacks on the soil of other countries? I've never heard anyone refer to the U.S. as having invaded, bombed or otherwise gang raped Iraqi or Afghan soil. Why is that? I think it might have something to do with the idea that the desecration of one's native "soil" is supposed to cause outrage, and we don't want to think that we might be outraging others. If anyone is going to be indignant and/or outraged, it's going to be us, therefore keep your attacks off our "soil". Sounds about right. Soil.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollumi

Originally posted by rebellender
this is getting to me. I know some people in America have'nt seen both Oceans and smelled the air. Seen the Power of the Pacific or the sheer width of the Mississippi. The Height of the Rocky's or Cacti in Arizona.
I challenge any person to go to a Military center base what have you and see what it takes to keep America Free and Sleeping soundly at night. Sit in on a war room where intel goes through and see the PURE EVIL of the world.

Then with a gasp say "WOW I just didn't know" or "No Wonder" or "God Bless you for what you do"

In other words GET REAL cause outside of the land of good and plenty They All want what we have and will do anything ANYTHING to take it away

Good an plenty eh? I've been in Marines and I sat on some of those wonderful butt kicking planning missions. I saw maybe, one or two people all the time I was in the Corps that was good an honorable. And they left because of the bull#. I don't feel like this land is good and plenty at all. A whole lot of people don't. Take your idealized crud and write some fairy tale books. Hell the best place I saw to live back then was Europe. I remember thinking "I've been lied to" when it dawned on me that perhaps America wasn't number one and that all countries tell their people convenient lies ala 1984 and Animal Farm. People are so damn self serving eagerly ignorant it makes my soul hurt. Hell, the Koreans think they are number one also .

I kinda hope we go to war with Iran because it is the line in the sand (Hah hah). The only thing that changes people is pain and if so many casual Americans get caught up in the lies the only thing I think that will help them is some big pain. Bring the pain.

The cool thing about America is the border security is mostly to keep people out. That makes it real easy for you to walk yourself right out. Go find your Eden. Sounds like there is nothing here for you.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Syrian National Council, has called for murdering
president Bashar al-Assad, his British wife and three children. Maleh
wants the al-Assad family murdered the same way Muammar Gaddafi was.

i really dont have too explain why, killing,,

"his British wife and three children"

would encourage, H.M.R.G her Majesties Royal ,,ya that British citizen,,,,

that would not look good on British T.V. imagine,, now there killing, British Ladies,,

ya not good move,,

me.

and dont get me started about the children,, were not animals are we?,
or is it time to SALT the EARTH.?

Me.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I find this all to be so very interesting. There are some serious patterns developing here. Many years ago when I was in the military, someone told me that wars are planned months in advance. And in some cases many months. It just makes me wonder if self-inflicted gunshot wounds and propaganda are all part of that planning. If anything, the government is predicable to say the least. They are a by the book kind of guy so to speak. They probably have several manuals to study from and follow which includes procedures for effectively picking fights with undesirables all the while making it look like you are the good guy, flying and maintaining aircraft, utilizing said aircraft as a target finder to shoot yourself in the foot, etc, etc.

Following the basic analogy given herein, we can deduce that we have already picked the fight, now it is time to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Which foot do you suppose we are going shoot? In which City, and State?

Iran has some pretty decent resources, however, I beg to say that our government might very well be more inclined to attack the U.S. than Iran. Then again we shall never know.

Maybe we should see this as and indication and move our foot before it is shot.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
When I see something like this I can't help but think that March is the month of the god Mars and the perfect time for false flag terror and a retaliation against it. I hope I am wrong when I think such things.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I heard Kevin Rudd Australia's foreign minister going on about the threat of Iran the threat of Syria and even brought up North Korea. Man this guy is for sure apart of the black cabal pushing this crap to the end. To be honest heaps of Aussies know its bull crap

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

The Rock says bring it you roody poo candy asses.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join