It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, perceiving threat from West, willing to attack on U.S. soil, U.S. intelligence report finds

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
And our last soldiers snuck out in the dead of night like thieves, they didnt exactly walk away with kids throwing flowers at their feet.

Snuck out? Nah....sorry to crush your tender feelings, but a convoy of that size didn't do any "sneaking".

And moving at night? Most convoys I've been on were either nighttime or dawn/dusk. Just depends on what time you're aiming to arrive at your location.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

LOL

So basically what you are saying is:

It is terror when we are attacked. It is not terror when we attack.

No. I have no idea where you got that from.

the US could obliterate Japan and that it was not sensible for them to continue fighting. Any terror caused was secondary.

So that isnt terror? lol you must be having fun doing all of those mental gymnastics.

No it isn't, because emotion isn't involved in the decision-making process. I'm not having fun at all actually. Please just accept that I'm right and go away.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think we are being trolled

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wow, thank you for those easy to follow instructions on how to kill a human being, I am sure I could have never figured that out without extensive training and indoctrination.

You're welcome. I'm pretty sure you could never have figured it out on your own, either.

Now, how isnt that terrorism again? OR maybe on 9/11 they were just trying to "physically remove our ability to fight" by attacking the towers and the pentagon, and we shouldnt be mad because war is war, right?

Sigh... THIS is what I meant by my comment above. What I explained to you was neither "terrorism" nor "not terrorism". It was a mechanical action with a definite result. What you intend to do with that action, the result you intend it to have, determines whether or not you are a "terrorist".

For example, is your intended target a civilian or group of civilians? Kids and old ladies squeezing the oranges at a market place? Congrats - something between your ears is broken, and you are a terrorist.

Is your intended target instead an enemy combatant, who would gladly do the same to you? Congrats, you are probably a soldier, on the side of what is right, true, and unbroken in the world, mom, apple pie, and the American Way!

See how easy life becomes when you get a clue what you are talking about, and use the proper meanings of words instead of making them up on the fly? You should try those two simple steps some time. Until then, I'd stay away from the little curved gizzies underneath guns... you'll only get yourself in more trouble.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Maybe you should read the news, or just the links I posted, it explains it. We are mostly out of Iraq except a contingent of marines to defend the embassy and army to train future soldiers. We are not out of afghanistan.

What is so hard to understand?

How those "exceptional forces" are still in country if "the last troops left in the middle of the night under a covert action". It's real simple - dare I say basic? Either they are THERE or they have LEFT. You don't seem to know which it is, and employ both as it suits you.

I know the first response when you are getting beaten logically is to start to tell jokes, to attempt to still look clever, but when you dont respond to the facts, it doesnt matter how many jokes you tell.

I'll let you know how that works if I ever catch your "logic" beating mine. Is there any clear and present danger that you will begin to deploy logic any time soon?

Like Judge Judy says, if you dont lie, you dont to remember which story to tell.
edit on 31-1-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

Watch a lot of daytime TV, do you? Instead of quoting "Judge Judy", how about pointing out where I "lied"? Anything else is merely diversionary in nature, and ultimately counter productive.

edit on 2012/1/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Tell them to get in line with the rest.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Unbelievable that there's actually people here on ATS falling for this hoopla screaming the battle cry like robotic monkeys chasing their bananas. (aka Rocky Black...)

What amazes ME is the number of people here "on the other side" who are screaming "WAR!" just as loudly, as if that's really gonna happen!

I'm not gonna call out names, but it makes me wonder who are REALLY the "warmongers" here....

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Unbelievable that there's actually people here on ATS falling for this hoopla screaming the battle cry like robotic monkeys chasing their bananas. (aka Rocky Black...)

What amazes ME is the number of people here "on the other side" who are screaming "WAR!" just as loudly, as if that's really gonna happen!

I'm not gonna call out names, but it makes me wonder who are REALLY the "warmongers" here....

Dang! I just pointed out in another thread how it's the "doves" and not the "warmongers" who are producing the most war threads!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Same tired argument…”If US can do it why can’t Iran?” I’ll tell you why, because they are fanatical nut-jobs trying to usher in the return of the mythical 12th imam and bring about the end of times!! If US wants to turn any country into glass it can!! Has it happened? Nope, because the US isn’t governed by people who believe martyrdom his the highest honor and the key to eternal life with 100 virgins! I would no sooner want a nuclear Iran than I would want to release death row inmates and hand them AK47’s! I would no sooner want missiles pointed at our country from Iranian terrorists in South America than I would a gun pointed at my child’s head! Dead is dead…once it happens you can’t take it back. All of the support for Iran will go right out the window for most people once they do strike. I’m not scared of the boogyman under my bed or a few bad people walking the streets. I am scared of insane leaders with a massive arsenal setting up shop in my backyard.

Thank you, I could not have stated it better. Unfortunately, the ones foaming at the mouth against the U.S. will continue to believe that we should go down like a burning ship. I guess they truly believe that if Iran were to 'defeat' the U.S., their lives would continue just the way they always have.

Do they not realize that if these psychopaths had their way, these same rabid U.S. haters heads would be separated from their bodies in short order? Do they really believe that the Iranian govt. would allow them to live as they do now? Or is it just a form of willful blindness and hardheadedness brought about by their foaming-at-the-mouth hatred for all things 'American"?

So I ask these members that think that America is the one doing all the threatening, evil terrorism: Do you really believe that your life would be better if Iran were a superpower in the world? And if so, do you really live on the same planet and see the same footage I do, or read the Iranian news at all?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

There is this little curved gizzy underneath the gun, usually below the action parts, that is called a "trigger". You point the gun at the opposition, and pull that gizzy to the rear.

Squeeze! You squeeze the trigger. You know, this constent mentoring is really wearing me out!

Didn't want to overburden the new recruit with TMI. baby steps to make new cold-blooded killers, you know! It was all I could do not to type "jerk the gizzy rearward - and don't slam your eyes shut when there is a big noise".

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Dang! I just pointed out in another thread how it's the "doves" and not the "warmongers" who are producing the most war threads!!!!!!!!

Gotta keep beating those war drums - they grow green hair if you don't keep them busy!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
they'll never assassinate any of america's leaders. they'd be doing america a favour if they did.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Nope. I'm not buying it. I think Iran is a lot smarter than this. Perform some little piss-ant "act of terrorism" and unleash the Dogs of War on themselves? Nope. Not. Pull the other leg. It plays Jingle Bells.

Nicely sets the stage though don't it?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

. Blowback is unforeseen and unintended consequences that are an unnatural outgrowth from an intelligence operation.

Please step back if your head explodes, its tough to get out of jeans.

Soak them in a little soda water before throwing them in the wash. Don't let the brain matter dry - it has to be scraped then.

On to your quote:
As explained by recent administrations , you described Terrorism.

Dont go all Rambo on me, it wasn't my definition.

My whole point is that it is NO ONE'S definition. "Blowback" is a specific term with a real meaning in the intelligence community, and it is spread all over ATS being used, abused, and misused, like teaching a two year old a new word.

The use the term finds here has NOTHING TO DO with the definition of it.

I'm not sure how you get that I "described terrorism". A little meat on the bones of that attempted explanation would go a long way in helping me to figure out what it is you're trying to say.

"Blowback" is defined as inevitable consequences of ones actions, known or unknown.

It's not a "intelligence" community term. It's a colloquialism.

Come on now.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not surprising. They have no proof that Iran is developing nukes yet so they have to keep the average American under their thumb of fear.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hahaha, that's because the doves are more aware than the warmongers.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here is an FYI on blowback

Blowback (intelligence)

Blowback is the espionage term for unintended consequences of a covert operation that are suffered by the civil population of the aggressor government. To the civilians suffering the blowback of covert operations, the effect typically manifests itself as “random” acts of political violence without a discernible, direct cause; because the public—in whose name the intelligence agency acted—are ignorant of the effected secret attacks that provoked revenge (counter-attack) against them

Originally, blowback was CIA internal coinage denoting the unintended, harmful consequences—to friendly populations and military forces—when a given weapon is carelessly used. Examples include anti-Western religious fanatics ......

ALSO, The (intelligence) version is listed #1
Linky to related Blowback stuff
edit on 31-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Lies and more lies, I dont buy it, It's a Viet raq. A Ira nam-

BS

crap

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
After reading this thread I have come to the following conclusions.

By and large Americans are just as indoctrinated as the Iranians. America has Fox, Iran has the Ayatollah.

I am reminded of the speeches by the Iranian President to the UN. If you look at the Fox translation it is about death to Israel, If you look at an Iranian translation it is a lot different. Go on ..... I dare you ...... look at another translation.

I do not trust the US of A. They should not have WMDs. They are a party to the non proliferation treaty and have not kept up their side of the treaty, ie reduction of WMDs.

The US has soldiers in a war, Iran has terrorists on a jihad. WTF happened to the Geneva Convention on Warfare. You think you can change a name from soldier to terrorist and it makes a difference.

All I want is US forces to just go home, piss off. Fix up your own society and it's problems.

P)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

we dropped the bombs to show them the futility of fighting us any more and as a show of force to the russians to make sure they stopped at germany.dropped one offered to let them surrender then dropped another a few days later then their emperor surrendered and some forces of japan tried to kill him to stop the surrender as alot of them wanted to fight to the last man .and as far as the targets goes i think alot of random events (ie a commander was married some where in japan so they didtn bomb that city,or weather making them change targets after the plans were laid ,that and math of dead americans would have been greater had we not used them and ww2 was a diffrent war then we have now a days we were carpet bombing as a standard tactic and the nukes killed far less civvilians then the fire bombings did but no one ever screams bloody murder about those even though they killed waaaaay more then the nukes did,hell near the end we were gonna strap bats with firebombs and just let them roost in homes to start a firestorm. WW2 is a completely different level of rules of war and how most people view it ,if america realy truely wanted to just kill indiscriminately im pretty sure wed still be carpet bombing places with b52's at least if it was americas #1 goal to kill civvilans as opposed to military

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join