It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a certain distance from Earth in space no living being can not survive ,even in a spaceship.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

So how did we find out we couldn't survive a certain distance?

Who was the poor sod that died to prove your theory correct?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

we do require gravity for our bodies to operate correctly .
And a Biological Energy Link to Earth in order to survive at a certain distance from our planet..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

So how did we find out we couldn't survive a certain distance?
Maybe they find out first in secret missions,we don't know why Russians never go to the Moon,maybe they knew something.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm not meaning to attack you Op, but I find it fascinating all the things people choose to believe! To me, this is the greatest load of nonsensical waste of bandwidth, but diamondsmith has decided to paste it here because he/she believes it. I find it crazy, but the Op is thinking the entire nasa program of thousands of people are the crazy ones! It kind of leaves this thread in the realm of fantasy because the op is not going to listen to reason against the idea.

So, all I can say is, good luck for the future mate!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

.tech and money
Sorry I don't buy that, that means 40 years ago we were more advanced.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

we don't know why Russians never go to the Moon,maybe they knew something.

Well for one thing, Russia has long had problems with their rockets either exploding or malfunctioning.

That makes it hard to get off the ground or if they do that they lose control of them often.

That seems a very good reason for starters.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
I'm not meaning to attack you Op, but I find it fascinating all the things people choose to believe! To me, this is the greatest load of nonsensical waste of bandwidth, but diamondsmith has decided to paste it here because he/she believes it. I find it crazy, but the Op is thinking the entire nasa program of thousands of people are the crazy ones! It kind of leaves this thread in the realm of fantasy because the op is not going to listen to reason against the idea.

So, all I can say is, good luck for the future mate!

All of diamondsmiths posts are like this. Some people like to put forward their own theories without any facts or evidence. Some people have wild imaginations and actually believe they are facts. This guy is the latter.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Op is thinking the entire nasa program of thousands of people are the crazy ones
No,they are real scientists,but they cannot go further then space shuttle and few hundred miles around Earth,just like kids in the backyard.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So why pretend we can?

There is absolutely not benefit whatsoever in such a lie because as humanity progresses, so will the need to explore space and if they (whoever they are) keeps saying we can go out into space, people will keep trying!

Your logic is heavily flawed.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

So why pretend we can?

There is absolutely not benefit whatsoever in such a lie because as humanity progresses, so will the need to explore space and if they (whoever they are) keeps saying we can go out into space, people will keep trying!

Your logic is heavily flawed.

What logic? There is no logic at work here, just pure fantasy.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

That's what I believe
I say that in my opening post and also I explained why I believe this.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Qumulys

Op is thinking the entire nasa program of thousands of people are the crazy ones
No,they are real scientists,but they cannot go further then space shuttle and few hundred miles around Earth,just like kids in the backyard.

When we were kids in the backyard, we jumped the fence to go check out the river a few miles away. Why? Cause we knew the backyard.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Who was the poor sod that died to prove your theory correc
Maybe a Russian one,we will never know how many sacrifice their lives to find out a simple truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

because as humanity progresses
Of course,we already go back in time 100 years,with all the fleet grounded and worlds turmoil.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

When we were kids in the backyard, we jumped the fence to go check out the river a few miles away
Yes but never went to the city...lights!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DROKKR
This thread is going places.
Not on the Moon or Mars!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Qumulys

When we were kids in the backyard, we jumped the fence to go check out the river a few miles away
Yes but never went to the city...lights!

If you mean stars, you realize how far away they are and how long it would take to get to the nearest one outside of our solar system, right?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Can you tell us roughly what the certain distance is? I'm curious as I would like to know how far I must go before I cannot die. Oh, and how do I get there? It may not do me any good anyway because if space is a vacuum, shouldn't all astronauts be women?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

It may not do me any good anyway because if space is a vacuum, shouldn't all astronauts be women?

Funny.

Not very politically correct.

But funny.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

We have the means to get there, but not the tech to sustain life (namely ours). And correct for our bodies to function properly we need some sort of gravity....this has not been replicated effectivly yet...again tech wise it makes no sense to try unless we can come up with the tech needed to sustain life in space.

Then there's money.....and if your not up to current events......we apparently dont have any to spend on it as space is again apparently not a priority. Also just to comment, it would be ridiculous to speculate we never went to the moon, when we sent people up for high orbits anyway. Why go through all the trouble if the goal wasn't for something greater? I dunno...like the moon?

I'm sure we've solved some of these tech issues we had back in the day, just not enough to be able to carry forth with the plan of actually doing it. That and there is quite a bit in testing right now through private labs and NASA funded projects via universities.

It's like hanging out at the top of a erupting volcano....sure you can hang for a few minutes, but staying up there for any prolonged amount of time while its going off is not going to be very healthy. And until we figure out a way around the cosmic radiation issue, gravity, propulsion, navigation, etc etc.....its not worth trying to go back to the moon or anywhere else for info we can get from probes and such where man missions is involved.

Does that help? BTW that lil cell phone you carry around is tech the military had 10 years ago thanks to DARPA. Just imagine what they can do now that we have no idea about......it boggles the mind.......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join