It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a certain distance from Earth in space no living being can not survive ,even in a spaceship.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Apparently a mere 4 light years away - travelling at the speed of light would take zero time
But as we do not travel that fast by conventional rockets it would take about .... too long
Yet if there is credence in a secret space programme who knows

edit correction would take 4 years at the speed of light

edit on 30-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
jeezus's cheese .. has no one in this thread ever heard of the "VAN ALLEN BELT" ??? this extremely high radiation belt outside our orbital ceiling. No living organism can live through it . and it would take vastly heavy enormous lead shields to protect from it . THIS is why we never went (or are ever going to) humanly explore further than our own planet . Why is this fact ominously written out of every space story .??

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Apparently a mere 4 light years away - travelling at the speed of light would take zero time
But as we do not travel that fast by conventional rockets it would take about .... too long
Yet if there is credence in a secret space programme who knows

Zero time? No.

At light speed it would take 4 years then.

Our fastest craft can only go 1/30,0000 the speed of light at the moment, thus illustrating my point.
edit on 1/30/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

It may not do me any good anyway because if space is a vacuum, shouldn't all astronauts be women
Sorry I don't understand,is this discrimination?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by covermaker

Because many men have traveled through it to reach the moon.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

THIS is why we never went (or are ever going to) humanly explore further than our own planet . Why is this fact ominously written out of every space story .??
I agree with that and I think there is more ,like the biological energy link with our planet.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by covermaker
jeezus's cheese .. has no one in this thread ever heard of the "VAN ALLEN BELT" ??? this extremely high radiation belt outside our orbital ceiling. No living organism can live through it . and it would take vastly heavy enormous lead shields to protect from it . THIS is why we never went (or are ever going to) humanly explore further than our own planet . Why is this fact ominously written out of every space story .??

For the radiation of the Van Hallen Belts to kill you you would have to spend a few years in it in a space capsule.
Yet there are weak points in this belt also. Space capsules spend mereley minutes passing through these belts.
Yet there are other things which are unavoidable such as cosmic particles that pass straight through space helmets and suits - yet they are so minute they dont kill you - There is microscopic evidence of the holes these particles cause. Such particles are said to even pass through planets. But wont kill you

edit on 30-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestlessNRG
reply to post by diamondsmith

Did you dream this?
Why!Should I?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yes 4 years - I edited my prior statement

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You mean our fastest known craft

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You only say this because it hasn't been done yet, and if this last year has proven anything....it's that science isn't as correct as we think it is. It is this fact alone and the only thing I could think of that would lend credence to the OP's theory...but I'll have to say what we know as fact, and what is being disproven in theory of what we thought was fact...well. The OP's idea is a bit of a stretch.....not to say that I would not read up on it because it is an interesting theory...just not a plausible one.

I'll flag it for this fact alone....that and the OP is either a genius......or is a few sandwiches short of a picnic....
edit on 30-1-2012 by BooKrackers because: Benifit of the doubt

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

But what about the soil samples Russia returned from the moon?
With what robots!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

LOL
Fine it would take longer than 120,000 years.

Still not the zero time you mentioned.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

BTW that lil cell phone you carry around is tech the military had 10 years ago thanks
SORRY,I am a modern person I don't have a Cell Phone!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

@artistpoet... not too sure about that mate. Nasa is on record as not giving a positive OR negative regarding the survival through it . They say their astronauts were precisely timed and skimmed through very thin areas of the belts. I kinda think that when Nasa dont give an absolute, they know their hypothesis wont hold up to close analysis.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Who said anything about robots?

Soviet Luna 16

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Cell phone, smart phone, laptop with a headset, tin can with a string attached...all modern means is that you dont squat in a ditch and shove berries in yer nose......or do you?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well,then is more proof to my theory!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

No, how does that explain his question to you about how those soil samples were remarkably close to the soil samples from Apollo 12.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

LOL
Fine it would take longer than 120,000 years.

Still not the zero time you mentioned.

I did correct my statement - Did you not read it duh! - Travelling at the speed of light would take 4 years to get to Proxima Centauri which is 4 light years away apparently.

So travelling at the speed of light would not take 120,000 years.
I am not saying we can travel at the speed of light only if we did.
Nasa technology is old hat if conspiricy theories are to be believed - So you would say my statement was non sense yet I keep an open mind with the idea that there may be a secret space programme.
Since at least the 50s anti gravity craft have been developed in secret. Who knows what is known we only know what we are told but what is untold is far more interesting regarding this

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join