It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a certain distance from Earth in space no living being can not survive ,even in a spaceship.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
One of the problems of deep space travel is the radiation, and finding a lightweight reliable way to block and protect the astronauts.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Beyond the moon and that debris barrier there is an extremely HIGH level of radiation.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Yep, and they keep so many other things secret, why not a secret Space program. Nasa is just a front. At the very least, they know things that they are not telling the public. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkultracanuck
One of the problems of deep space travel is the radiation, and finding a lightweight reliable way to block and protect the astronauts.

True they would have to use a different way of travel that shielded them- some sort of anti radiation type cloaking device.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

If that's the case why are the Chinese planning a manned mission to the moon
It's just planning not actually happening and before will happen I think the Chinese space program will reduce to a space station.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Don't know about any hoax, but have you ever wondered why The Russians never landed on the moon? It would have been quite an accomplishment during the Cold War era. Basically putting them on the same technological level as The U.S. Being that the Russians were the 1st ones to Orbit the Earth. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
UM you do realize that the Chinese plan to wrangle an asteroid in space further out from where the moon is for the purpose of mining right? They have even stated that this is a future plan of theirs...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
the more likely reason for humans not going far from the earth is radiation. those space suits are no where near dense enough nor thick enough to properly shield. tardigrades however do just fine and don't need to be on the earth to survive. tardigrades

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

They didn't go because they didn't have a one up for the Americans....that and the massive hang over from vodka (aka rocket fuel).

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Noticed this paragraph today.

Is this what the OP is refering to??

sciencedaily

A greater understanding of Earth's radiation belts is vital for protecting the satellites we rely on for global positioning, communications and weather monitoring, Turner said. Earth's outer radiation belt is a harsh radiation environment for spacecraft and astronauts; the high-energy electrons can penetrate a spacecraft's shielding and wreak havoc on its delicate electronics. Geomagnetic storms triggered when the oncoming particles smash into Earth's magnetosphere can cause partial or total spacecraft failure.

If the radiation still stuffs up satellites.... what shielding did the apollo xx's have to stop this?
edit on 30-1-2012 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kyoushi

tardigrades

in low earth orbit
source(en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Yep, and they keep so many other things secret, why not a secret Space program. Nasa is just a front. At the very least, they know things that they are not telling the public. ~SheopleNation

NASA got the cream of Nazi scientists after WW2 through operation "Paperclip"
Prior to the war (also prior to Roswel) even British scientists were working on typical saucer shaped anti gravity flying machines - I saw that an an old documentary.
NASA used rocket technology which is cruda based on explosion.
Where as anti gravity is easy but it is how to propel such a craft - I understand that they came up with Nucluer powered engines for that but that may even be old hat now or I could be a raving lunatic conspiricy theorist.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

Surely decades later they could have. You gotta drink the multiple distilled, then no hangover.
~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kyoushi

They are working on energy shielding types at MIT currently that would negate the need for extra dense hull armor to counter radiation...using electro-magnetism. Can't comment on the suit though as they would probably have to develop something on a smaller level with the same effect in purpose.

On the same note.......if a ship has the same resonance frequency as the earths magnetosphere, wouldn't that keep us alive in deep space? How would the body know the difference if we were disconnected from our earthly mother?

hmmmm?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yeah I am aware of that. Wernher von Braun being the best of them. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Considering the epic failures of the space program for the Russians back then....who's to say...maybe they cried Uncle and left it at that.......maybe they actually went and never told anyone?

Maybe they are still there......unable to return....sipping margaritas?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers
UM you do realize that the Chinese plan to wrangle an asteroid in space further out from where the moon is for the purpose of mining right? They have even stated that this is a future plan of theirs...
I don't know,mining on the Moon sounds like fiction,the costs of mining on the Moon will be too high,and as I stated I don't think that travel beyond a certain distance from Earth is possible.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
"The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity to which others are trying to prove him wrong." - - Harry Segall *

The OP is apparently not of English-speaking origin, so any grammatical corrections or jokes are uncalled for.

I agree that we have never been to the moon. I agree that the Van Allen radiation belts would kill a human being. I believe that we humans are indigenous to earth, and never will go to the moon.

The space program, as well as other programs, are just another way to spend money on black ops.

Do penguins live in Montana? Are crocodiles swimming in the Arctic ocean? Why do certain birds “fly south for the winter” and others do not? So even certain species on earth are indigenous to certain areas/climates.

If we were meant to go to the moon, it would have been created as a vacation spot on earth.

JMHO
edit on 30-1-2012 by canadiansenior70 because: change word

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers

The Chinese don't fool around, they make a plan and they get 'er done. And they work hard until it is accomplished.

I firmly believe China will be the first to make it to Mars and beyond, the west doesn't have the resolve to do it any longer.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join