It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a certain distance from Earth in space no living being can not survive ,even in a spaceship.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In a way, you are correct in your assumptions, in that evidence leans towards the following;based on present technology any long duration spaceflight would be fatal due to the effects of cumulative radiation exposure. To date no shielding has been developed that would protect astronauts from radiation to the degree needed.If the Apollo astronauts had been on the moon during a major CME, they would have died. And solar flares will be common over the time frame of a mission to Mars. Yes, you can make a radiation shelter inside the spacecraft, but the random cosmic radiation that would constantly bombard the ship would certainly cause DNA damage over the timescale of a long mission, and most likely it would translate to cancer at some point. Then there is the effect of zero gravity on a long mission, if there is no way to simulate gravity in a months long flight, the astronaut would be so weak when landing on say, Mars, that he/she wouldn't be able to walk even in the low gravity. I think we need to let technology catch up with our aspirations before you see the kinds of journeys we would like to see.
edit on 30-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I honestly doubt your theory is correct. For one IMO: as long as the environmental conditions for any living thing here on earth is maintained and constant, then regardless of any speed(given antigravity technology and a way to keep the ship from disintegrating and experience untold energy when colliding even with a penny size rock at extreme speed) or distance in space from earth. Just as long as there is oxygen,food and water to last, earth like gravity and pressure and some form of radiation protection then you would be fine.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ncegreat

Just as long as there is oxygen,food and water to last, earth like gravity and pressure and some form of radiation protection then you would be fine.
We have all of these here on earth we do not believe that all these conditions can be met in space.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

If everyone thought like that we'd never advance as a civilization. It's like saying "If man were meant to fly he'd have wings" Well you know what? We don't, but that didn't stop us did it?

Do you really think that we'll stop going further into space because of cosmic radiation? No we'll find a way to protect ourselves against it and head out there. That's what the human race does if we hit a wall we'll either find away around it or knock it down.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i think we havnt went to the moon again because it takes a staggering amount of energy and money to get a limited amount of underqulified people to go land on a rock (i have no doubt spacemen are wonderful pilots, soldiers, deep sea divers or whatever background they come from but its increadibly difficult to send a boatload of geologists and physicists up there with equipment to study the rock in question)

go to an observatory... tell them your thoughts.. ask them to show you some sweet sweet moon on there big silly camera,

also look into the refelctive disks we left on the moon we use to measure the earths distance from this rock using lasers....

i would LOVE for the moon landing to be a mega hoax to make the masses happy the governments spending was crazy but on somthing worth while... however think of the sheer logistics involved in making soo many people lie for soo many years about the moon landings... at best you looking at the guys who decided to go ahead and do it.. set builders, sound guys, a few scientists to make sure things like gravity interaction is right-ish, lighting guys, most likely the owners or custodians of where ever the "landing" was done, then anyone at nasa who thought the rocket went too space was either lied to or in on it, if lied to they were fooled when the rocket came back and they ran tests on it, or the lab members were also in on it then the astronaughts then you have the media that covered the landings of the landing caspule, all the navy that fished them out the sea etc. i reckon easy 60-150 people now involved in a cover up. most of these people not military so no need to keep the secret after they leave there current job.

Thats a crazy amount of coverup going down

Also.... post 666 sweet

edit on 30-1-2012 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
"The likelihood of one individual being right increases in direct proportion to the intensity to which others are trying to prove him wrong." - - Harry Segall *

So you're saying the most likely thing that happened is the launch that millions of people watched on TV, was fake and/or didn't have any of the astronauts on board, therefore wasting billions of dollars on a manless rocket, a stage was set up identically recreating the effects of ultra low gravity, billions of people around the world have been tricked, and that there were thousands of people in on the 'hoax' who have never spoken out and has been kept a secret for 40 years. And also that the astronauts are lying.

As opposed to you failing to give credit to human ingenuity and accepting the fact of our scientific development and achievements, and we have, in fact, been to the moon.

That makes a lot of sense, really.

I agree that we have never been to the moon. I agree that the Van Allen radiation belts would kill a human being. I believe that we humans are indigenous to earth, and never will go to the moon.

I suggest you read this link.
www.wwheaton.com...

Educate yourself. You're even able to do your own research and read the countless number of websites with scientific backing. Where's the information that makes you agree the radiation belts would kill someone? You are aware there's weaker spots in the belt, correct?

The space program, as well as other programs, are just another way to spend money on black ops.

That's an opinion with no factual basis.

Do penguins live in Montana? Are crocodiles swimming in the Arctic ocean? Why do certain birds “fly south for the winter” and others do not? So even certain species on earth are indigenous to certain areas/climates.

That's not even a good comparison. Humans inhabit every climate on Earth.

If we were meant to go to the moon, it would have been created as a vacation spot on earth.

Yes, that's totally practical and inexpensive.
edit on 30-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't think you are very convincing.
edit on 30-1-2012 by yamammasamonkey because: No more point taking.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
OP is correct we never landed a living being from earth on the moon. It is one of the greatest lies in history. In fact it is only a strong "belief" that we actually went if you logically examine all the available evidence. Believing is not a reliable criteria for reality. Logic would dictate that we would have sent a dog, monkey, or bird first to ensure the trip is indeed feasible.

From my view, it would seem there is some kind of field preventing us dangerous monkeys from venturing too far out into space. Maybe when we learn to live in peace here on earth, the field will be lifted so we can venture out and explore. Until then, we really need to mature as a species and retain sovereignty over our own minds and stop trusting what institutions like NASA tell us and search for truth ourselves.

Most "believe" we went to the moon because it was "seen on TV".

NASA will be exposed for all the SHAMEFUL lies and deceit they have perpetrated against the human species.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Sly1one

Have you ever seen a Saturn V launch. Have you ever seen one assembled?
Kind of hard to hide that sort of thing and the infrastructure it requires.

Absolutely but how many manned shuttle missions were to "adjust antenna" on the space station? etc...

Because I said they were secret doesn't mean they weren't happening as planned in front of our face, as far as you and I know they kept sending crews to the shuttle for relief, who knows what was really going on though, lord knows I wasn't up there with them, and neither were you, nor anyone else.

and honestly I'll be the first to say its ALL speculation...I'm just saying ITS POSSIBLE...NOT that its factual.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Reminds me of talk of the "silver thread" in the context of out-of-body experiences. Supposedly, during an OOBE, one becomes aware that the astral body of a person is connected to the reality of this planet via a silver thread that stretches pretty far, but ultimately has limits. If a living person, taking their astral body along with them, traveled out is space far enough, I can see where the silver thread might be stretched to its limit and break, resulting in something (death?).

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
William Corso jr stated the same thing in one of his lectures. Said the us government is well aware that humans cannot survive if taken away from earths magnetic frequency, which is in the 700mhz range. Is it true? I have no idea but it is a very interesting topic to discuss. In the acient Sumerian book of enki ea told adamu when he went to nibiru to meet with anu not to drink the elixirs and not to stay for long or he would die. I know it's a different story, but possibly relevant? The is nothing new under the stars!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by DROKKR
Really?

Care to elaborate on what brought you to this conclusion?
First we never" go back" to the Moon,second all the manned space missions take place at a certain distance from Earth and never exceeded that distance,and third no other manned mission in space to other planet is certain to take place very soon(or ever),Why?....

Philip Corso, Jr. said the same thing in one of his videoed appearances. Spirits/souls linked to a specific spacetime framework made possible by the Earth. Go too far away from it, and you're a goner.

EDIT: To reiterate the above.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Diamondsmith , stick to your guns , the theory of you OP , I can't say yes or no , nor can any other member on ATS with anything that will validate the argument one way or another 100 %. I cannot believe that no other country
ie Russia , China would not make the amazing journey if it were possible to be the second country to set foot on the moon.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedommusic
OP is correct we never landed a living being from earth on the moon. It is one of the greatest lies in history. In fact it is only a strong "belief" that we actually went if you logically examine all the available evidence.

Where is your "logical examination?"

Believing is not a reliable criteria for reality.

Why?

Logic would dictate that we would have sent a dog, monkey, or bird first to ensure the trip is indeed feasible.

we did (not the only example)

How would this make a moon trip not feasible?

van allen radiation

From my view, it would seem there is some kind of field preventing us dangerous monkeys from venturing too far out into space. Maybe when we learn to live in peace here on earth, the field will be lifted so we can venture out and explore. Until then, we really need to mature as a species and retain sovereignty over our own minds and stop trusting what institutions like NASA tell us and search for truth ourselves.

For someone who prides themselves on logical thinking, that made no sense.

Were they supposed to go along for the trip?

NASA will be exposed for all the SHAMEFUL lies and deceit they have perpetrated against the human species.

Nope

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by freedommusic

You are right,in a modern era with internet and all the tech we have no shuttle operable,but back in time with poor tech we went to the Moon!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Yes we do but we also have those on the ISS except earth-like gravity. I'm saying if they have the technology to maintain those necessities and conditions for deep space travels even if one day they figure out a way to travel faster than light. Then you can go anywhere in the universe as you please, given you have enough resources to last you to and from your destination. Its like saying we are like an Rc plane, once you fly out of range you drop out of the sky. There is nothing tethering our life to this earth except our technological limitations.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by freedommusic

You are right,in a modern era with internet and all the tech we have no shuttle operable,but back in time with poor tech we went to the Moon!

You're aware that modern cars are more technologically advanced than the system that guided the astronauts to the moon, correct? What makes you think that some incredible super computing power is required?

www.physics.org...

In case of malfunction, the crew were able to use a spare programmable pocket calculator or a slide rule as a back up. It was definitely the skill of the Apollo astronauts and the team back at Mission Control that made the mission a success.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
In Corso sr journal it said humans could not venture beyond earth moon orbit. Moon is bound by earths gravity. Arguing whether we really went to the moon during the Apollo missions is irrelevant. Human beings have evolved to live on this planet. The Greys were a biological entity with two brains. One cerebral brain and one cybernetic brain that controlled the ship electronically. They were created for space travel because man cannot.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join