It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coca Cola Conspiracy: The secret cause for the U.S. obesity epidemic

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I firmyl believe that our food is manufactured to be both addictive and useless in nature. its quite simple really, thats why we feel like we are starving 3-4 hours after a meal, thats is not normal at all one single bit. Ive even asked many people and 20 years ago people didnt get this hungry this quickly. Food is manufactured for profit. And in a Nazi-like-capitalism world like ours, the less nutrition our food has and the more fructose it has, the more often we need to eat it. period. more profit.

Thats why McDonalds is so popular even though its garbage, high fructose corn syrup (ketchup) and lots of it.

i mean really, do you really think the same people who sell us ciggeretes, aspertame, alcohol (poison) and thousands of known cancer casuing agents are above selling us addictive food that isnt so good for us?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
People are "obese" for the simple fact that they cant stop eating; and they don't exercise. Soda, isn't doing anything, but burning a hole in their stomachs. The real conspiracy, is all in the name: "Coca" Cola. What more do you need to say? Also, there is so much SUGAR in a can of coke, they have to use special ingredients, to keep you from throwing up.

I don't think there's any conspiracy regarding coke...i mean, "Coca" Cola; it's just a bad product for your body. Pour some on the hood of your car...and see what it does to your paint. Empty a can in your toilet, and wash away those stains. Need i continue???

I'd say, the MAIN cause for people getting fat, would be: Fast Foods. That CRAP is only good, every once in a WHILE. Unfortunately, their product is everywhere you turn. There's nothing like your kids screaming: "Let's go to McDonalds"; every 5 minutes. Thank goodness my kids love when i make REAL french fries and REAL burgers, at home.

Another reason people are getting fat (and that's what they're getting, let's not sugar coat it) are SNACKS. As i was sitting here, ENJOYING my Hostess Muffin Loaf with "rasberries" i was thinking to myself...it's no wonder why, the people in the world are "obese". "Damn, these are good"!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Infrasilent

This is why i love ats.. You know if somethings bad for you. Why try and pick apart why? Coke is crap.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ShockTruther

I never stated that those things didn't contain other nutrients just that the sugar in them is still sugar. Maltose is just 2 glucose molecules so when mashing the grain for making beer this is controlled to produce higher amounts of glucose and there can be small amounts of fructose. Since HFCS's 3% loose fructose is being singled out as the culprit small amounts of loose fructose in other drinks should show the same results but they don't.

HFCS is made from corn using the same process but controlling variables to produce the end product. Differences in enzymes, pH and temp doesn't mean that it is a totally different process.

edit on 29-1-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

You didn't even include the fact that Diet soda is more likely to cause obesity than actual soda.

I think the most worrying part of diet products like coke is that the sweetner in it will by FACT give you cancer from exposure over a long time. Neotam, saccahrids and aspertam all cause cancer...

Coca Cola... we will help you die either way we can.

Diet producta are not allowed in our house hold. Currently we are working on eliminating sugar as well, but thats a damn hard.

One more thing... its mentioned in the original post that you get fat from carbs. Thats only half truth... it not excess carbs that get you fat, its excess calories.... it doesnt matter if the extra calories come from protein carbs or fat.
Example... my daily intake of calories to stay a healthy weight of 75kg is about 1550. Eat more i will gain weight eat less i will lose weight. Find out what your ideal weight is and start dtingopping that weight!

Another fact... if you have been drinking coke reguarly like every day for a long time, you`ll get headaches when quitting. Dont let those headaches get to you! Coca cola is poison...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I drink a coke everyday and i weigh 160

I still know its poop for my body though

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
i dont get it ... fructose = fruit sugar.

is this dude saying we shouldnt eat fruit ?? wtf!

i call bullcrap, people ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYSSS try and blame something else for their problems, esspecialy if they can blame an inanimate object that cant fight its own casde ... the below said it best.

Because people who eat fruit are obviously obese.

fat people are fat because most time they eat to much, in some cases its purely medical but even in most of the medical cases they wouldnt have got so fat if they changed there diet when they started having to buy bigger clothes!

The one thing that is glossed over in the Princeton study was the fact that one group had HFCS and rationed chow and the others were free to eat as much as they wanted and they all put on weight even the ones that didn't get sugar or HFCS water.

The females in the 7 month experiment that recieved HFCS and rationed chow weighed less than the sugar free females.

Princeton study

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

I studied the chemistry of coke a little and I'm impressed. I don't think coke can make you fat on it's own. The combinations of it's chemistry and their concentrations allow the fruictose to be burned like sugar. The problem stems with drinking coke with a meal. Because of it's chemistry it increases you're uptake of fats and various glucoses in the foods eaten with it. This can be bad or good.

Chemicals that block energy receptors on the bodies cells seem to be the culprit. Fruictose does this a little plus stimulates the fatcells to store fats. We have evolved to store sugars from fruit to help us through the winter. Fructose is concentrated in the fruits that are in the fall. With the recent invention of central heating we don't get cold anymore at night and burn this fat. It takes many generations to change body chemistry and central heating has only been around for about three for most people.

The chemicals that block receptors cause the liver to slow down. They also block receptors at many different points in the body and adjust our actions and behavior. Propylene Glycol is one of the ones that is used way to much in our food. It can give you a mellow feeling of well being but causes many other problems. Vanilla has a similar action but effects different sensors and we have been using it for much longer than Propylene glycol. Too much vanilla is not good for people either. Moderation is the key to health. Most foods have chemistry in their plant defense systems that influence us or poison us somehow. We have incorporated these things into our diets over the years and we are now geneticaly addicted to some. The motive of a plants chemistry choices is the clue to their fruits chemistry. Some contain diaretics to make animals urinate on them, others contain chemicals to cause you to eat them and spread their seeds in you're fecies. All plants have motives for their chemistry. That is a very interesting thing to study.

Simple things cause problems for us. Eating Brocolli is suposedly good for you but I see much harm from eating too much. It contains oxalates that cause kidney stones, it causes the body not to uptake Iodine and could effect the thyroid, and it can cause problems with agglutination in the blood that can cause strokes and heart attacks. We need some agglutination ability and I would say to eat brocolli if you crave it but not when you don't. There are cooking practices and/or companion foods that neutralize these effects, time proven antidotes in some of our ancestors recipies and traditions...

GM foods wouldn't be bad if we had time to evolve to eat it. It causes a lot of Histimine reactions and allergies in people because of our lack of evolution time. Our eating foods and chemistry that we haven't evolved to yet causes lots of health problems. Not all people can eat Annato because of our lack of evolving it into our diet. Just because people somewhere else can eat it doesn't mean we can. Their evolutionary problems happened generations ago. We need to examine all the changes that we have made. If we want to live and think clearly we have to limit these changes. Once we evolve to them it's hard to go back. We have to eat them to remain normal after that. Things go in and out of style, kids can't get along with their parents. It's all related somewhere in food and the corresponding frequency of our life energy. Remember that many cultures have worked out these problems with different traditions of food preparation and growth. Somewhere in their food is the antidote for the food. Buddah got poisoned by someone and knew he had been poisoned. He ate the food anyway knowing it could hurt him and did not blame the family cooking it. All things must die sometimesto make
room for new life. We are no exception. I don't mind dying, I hate hurting and being ill though.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs
When I was a kid, I poured a can of coca cola onto the hood of an automobile.

It ate the paint off the hood.

I didn't need a scientist to tell me that something could be wrong here.

Billions of consumer dollars spent later, overweight people began to notice that Diet soft drinks don't worl,
edit on 29-1-2012 by tonycliffs because: (no reason given)

throw up on the hood of a car and see what happens...your stomach acid is more acidic then coke.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalData
reply to post by antonia

Its a conspiracy because its everywhere, all around you.

Not a conspiracy, it's all on the label. If you can't be bothered to read it's your problem. Conspiracy would be secret, this isn't secret.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another thing to watch out for is

sodium glutomate.... this thing is manufactured for you to love it and want more of it. If its in what you eat youre likely to want more of it..... addiction helps you in getting fat.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
Coca Cola summed up

Have you also noticed that the C in CocaCola looks like a snakes tongue? satan was the snake in the garden of eden. And the other tongue is going through the L at the top
edit on 1/28/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: mispelling

Ok, that is just a real stretch there, I really hope you don't actually believe that the spelling is meant to be satanic. Also BTW the snake in the Garden of Eden was not satan... it was a talking snake. At that point in the fairy tale Lucifer had not yet fallen.

As far as the OP goes. I certainly believe that the food we are fed cause a lot of health problems we face. As far as obesity is concerned, while I think it is a contributing factor I believe that people who let themselves become dangerously overweight need to take some responsibility for it. I have a pretty terrible diet, but am active, and don't gorge. As a result I am probably not as healthy as I could be, but I am also not 100+ pounds overweight either.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Majiq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

i'd say more chaotic neutral dealing d20 damage

edit on 29-1-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Really enjoyed this video and it kinda confirmed my belief about sugar.

After putting on a few pounds over the course of last year, i decided i had to get "into shape" and obviously i reactivated my gym membership but also actively worked to change my diet. I swore to cut out Fizzy pop and "take aways" which included fast food.

So far, so good. Since reducing my sugar intake i sleep better, but i also dont have half as much trouble getting up on a morning. Im much more awake and alert through the day. I dont need to nap because i cant keep my eyes open at 4pm.
Couple this with attending gym at least once a week and i can assure you, im making steady progress in weight loss. Pound by pound.
I still have the odd can here and there and ive allowed myself to eat fish and chips from the chippy - as my main meal of the day.
But i agree with most of what this guy says. Sugar is bad for you, simple as.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
but seriously well written thread.

well deserved star and flag.

quite shocking to know this is done on purpose.

where o where will this end

This will end when we stop supporting this industry.

As much as people have stated on this thread that this practice is shady and evil how much do you want to bet that some of them were drinking a coke while they were typing out a reply?

Pop is banned in my house. Has always been. The children aren't allowed to have any. If we do buy any for some reason its usually clear pops which isn't great but better than the dark ones.

I suggest we stop supporting this industry. There really isn't any good reason to be drinking the stuff anyway. Ask any older person. A bottle of coke was a treat. People we lucky to have consumed one monthly sometime. I've seen people drink entire cases on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hmm, almost seems the original coca-cola was better for you. At least it kept the weight down.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I had always thought that the cola cola conspiracy is the cola paste extracted from the leaves (which they still use) that they ship off regularly to be 'destroyed'a and its labeled as a secret ingredient. Its allegedly the covert way in which the majority of coc aine is smuggled into north America.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
When I was a young man - and much heavier - I asked my doctor if there was anything I could do to lose weight. He said,"Yes, keep your hand away from your face." I followed his advice, dropped the weight, and have never gained it back. I even drink the occasional Coke. I don't think there's any conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So the per capita number of all-you-can-eat buffets has nothing to do with it then..?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tippys Dad
When I was a young man - and much heavier - I asked my doctor if there was anything I could do to lose weight. He said,"Yes, keep your hand away from your face." I followed his advice, dropped the weight, and have never gained it back. I even drink the occasional Coke. I don't think there's any conspiracy.

It technically isn't a conspiracy since its what the public is demanding. The only thing sinister going on here is these companies take advantage of our ignorance. Nobody ever told us to drink this stuff a dozen times a day. It used to be that it was common sense that it wasn't good for you to drink this stuff by the case full. There is no mystery about that. Any doctor will tell you.

I agree with you that this isn't a conspiracy but rather just a general ignorance among society.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join