It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coca Cola Conspiracy: The secret cause for the U.S. obesity epidemic

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
eat anything you like, drink anything you like just freaking move a muscle and work out! just got done with a 72 hour work week... get a god damn job and get motivated, what is so hard about it? actually the company i work for is working on filling 52 jobs? will america fill them? hell no they are fat and there pride too ignorant.... this thread is ignorant you know how many fat threads there are? your fingers are fat... i bet the person that started this thread is fat.... hmmmm wake up...........

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I know coke is bad for me but I still drink it fairly often though I have to admit. I stay fit and watch what I eat to a degree, but I still allow myself to stray from my 'diet' about 20% of the time and eat and drink things that arn't good for me. We are all different, some people can not do this without putting weight on, I am lucky in that I naturally find it fairly hard to put weight on myself.

I think it's important that everyone knows the truth behind what is in our food and drink, but I also think it's my choice if I decide to sometimes consume something that isn't good for me. I do however believe that children should not have these foods in their diet though. But when it comes to adults I think we have a duty to look into what we are eating and drinking and then it's up to us to make that decision. When some people act like these drinks should be banned out right I can't help but feel a bit uneasy. It's my decision what I eat and drink and I don't believe anyone should have the right to tell me what to put into my body. There will always be some people who arn't so responsible as to monitor their diet, but that's their own fault though. We shouldn't be treated like we can't make our own decisions because some people are irresponsible with their diets.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

You didn't even include the fact that Diet soda is more likely to cause obesity than actual soda.

Well from a person who drinks at least a 12 pack of diet soda a week as well as diet energy drinks daily ill have to disagree. People are obese because they fail to exercise and EAT more calories then they burn off, a person who eats an excess of 1000 Cals a day over their daily limit and does not exercise is consuming 7000 extra calories a week which equates to around 1-2 lbs a week. Add in a slow metabolism and your heading for obesanity in a couple of years. Laziness leads to obesity not diet sodas.And yes im sure some will argue that the calorie free sweetners trick your body into thinking sugar is being consumed and react by storing fats as if it was really sugar but if you are being active throughout the day the effects would be barely noticable compared to actually drinking normal soda.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think this says it all:

The woman to the left is 51. She's a health food nut--a vegetarian--and espouses good nutrition.

The beautiful woman to the right is also 51. She eats butter and meat and desserts.

I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
When I was a kid, I poured a can of coca cola onto the hood of an automobile.

It ate the paint off the hood.

I didn't need a scientist to tell me that something could be wrong here.

Billions of consumer dollars spent later, overweight people began to notice that Diet soft drinks don't worl,
edit on 29-1-2012 by tonycliffs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I LOVE ME SOME MTN DEW! And My mom always tells me that its worse than coke, pepsi, and any other soft drink out there. Its almost like I am addicted to it. I really enjoyed your thread because maybe what my mom is saying about if you cut out the soft drinks you will lose weight! I think I will give it a shot!
S&F for ya!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How is this a conspiracy? Read the freaking label, it's all there. It's all disclosed to you. If you aren't bright enough to figure out that salt dries you out and thus makes you thirsty well, I don't know what to tell you.
edit on 29-1-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The real reason for obesity in any country is quite simply eating far more than you need to survive and doing little to no exercise. You can't eat two mcmuffins in the morning, two big mac's for lunch, a pizza for dinner, potato chips as a snack, drink a case of beer, and then blame soda for you being fat. Just about everybody should eat no more than 2000 calories a day and at least exercise sometimes to maintain an ideal healthy weight. Some people eat their whole days worth of calories in one meal. I would venture to guess most americans eat more like 3000-4000 calories a day and sit in front of the TV or at their desk at work.

It's simple really. Not saying that coke doesn't add to the problem but it isn't the real source of the problem.
edit on 29-1-2012 by KryptKeeper because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tonycliffs

Yup. I used to have to blow out the soda drains at work years ago because the coke syrup would regularly clog up the system. Nasty caca for sure. (haha--Caca Cola?)

Coca-Cola holds a lot of nostalgia for me but as an aware, conscious being, I can't pour it into the system knowing what it does to the body. We don't pour sugar in the car gas tank but we dump it by the cereal bowl full into our body machines.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I would also add a factor in all of this is soda has high sugar some salt but no nutrition. When you eat fruit you get a plethora of nutrition trace elements your body looks for in a sugary food. Compare the difference of drinking whole milk to skim milk. Which is worse? Skim milk is horrible for health reason being your body is expecting fat when you drink milk along with cholesterol which helps you absorb vit D fat absorbs vit A.
No fat in milk your body is only receiving sugar. Skim milk will make you gain more weight than whole.

To get into homogenized/pasteurized vs raw milk/fruit juice is a whole other story.

Referring to a poster earlier two slices of whole wheat bread has around 300 milligrms of salt. About 12-15% dv

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Its a conspiracy because its everywhere, all around you. Corn products make up about 85% of ingredients in average grocery store. Including the fruits/veggies. Its hard to escape even if you are conscious. I see it as if man made it, you prob shouldn't eat it. That includes 100% orange/fruit juice due to pasteurization. Also if not organic, prob gmo, not always but more than likely esp if from U.S/Mexico. Its a food war declared against us which would declare it a conspiracy.

In the 1960 you would be hard-pressed to find ANY fat kids ANYWHERE. Now its hard to find any healthy-looking kids or at least 50/50.

What has changed? There was no margarine skim milk diet foods back then. No gmo either.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentalData
reply to post by antonia

Its a conspiracy because its everywhere, all around you. Corn products make up about 85% of ingredients in average grocery store. Including the fruits/veggies. Its hard to escape even if you are conscious. I see it as if man made it, you prob shouldn't eat it. That includes 100% orange/fruit juice due to pasteurization. Also if not organic, prob gmo, not always but more than likely esp if from U.S/Mexico. Its a food war declared against us which would declare it a conspiracy.

In the 1960 you would be hard-pressed to find ANY fat kids ANYWHERE. Now its hard to find any healthy-looking kids or at least 50/50.

What has changed? There was no margarine skim milk diet foods back then. No gmo either.

True, but I think the conspiracy is also in the official recommendations, as they include too much carbohydrates, which in many people (specifically those who are genetically susceptible to type II diabetes) creates a craving for MORE carbohydrates.

In those people, carbs create an insulin "spike" because they are absorbed so quickly, the body releases too much insulin, then blood sugar drops, which creates a craving for more carbs, and the cycle goes on. That's how some people get fat.

But it's not the only thing that has lead to child obesity; there is more fear these days, kids aren't allowed to play outside that much because parents are more afraid something bad will happen to them.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
title of this thread is misleading and there are too many posters that are just posting without watching the video. please watch the video before you pass judgment. the video is about all sugars and not just coke. the title of this thread should be the sugar conspiracy imo...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
I think this says it all:

The woman to the left is 51. She's a health food nut--a vegetarian--and espouses good nutrition.

The beautiful woman to the right is also 51. She eats butter and meat and desserts.

I rest my case.

I'm willing to bet the woman on the left smokes.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I used to drink LOTS of pepsi/coke...and i am very, very thin...i simply cannot gain weight even if i want.

So..the hypothesis that pop causes obesity..i don't buy it.

What causes obesity is a lack of exercise, drive-thru banking, drive-thru eating..and the fact that 95% of all Americans ONLY move their a##es 10ft from the door on the way to their car, then 5 steps from the parking lot to work...and then spend 8 hours SITTING on a chair at work....then come home (another 3 steps from the car to the door)..and then spend sitting watching TV or on the PC. 99% of life is spent sitting.

NOTHING, nothing in the slightest is a mystery about WHY and HOW people get fat.
edit on 29-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
any of you old enough to remember the 70s ? remember the sodas were sweeter and easier to drink. why was that ?
they used ordinary sugar as a sweetener then sugar prices shot up so they switched to cheaper corn syrup.
i first noticed this in early 80s when i moved north to area around twin cities minn. the montain dew started to mtaste like syrup right think same with coke and pepsi. remember the so called pepsi challenge it wasnt about which one was pepsi or coke it was away to test new pepsi foemula. do you remember the failed so called new coke they tried mass marketing a new cheaper formula for coke and consumers told them to get bent.
pepsi occasionally pulls the old sugar sweetened formulas out of vault and market them as mountain dew throwback or pepsi throwback..

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

BINGO!

We have ourselves a WINNER!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Soda is bad for you... (must be a slow conspiracy day)

And here I thought this was going to be about the ACTUAL Coca Cola Conspiracy.

killercoke.org

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I quit drinking soda and drinks with sugar about a year ago. I didn't realize how much better I would feel without them in my life. I definitely lost weight so I know there is something to this.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
How is this a conspiracy?

Coke is loaded with sugar. Anyone in their right mind knows it makes you fat. Doesn't take a university grad to figure it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join