It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian army 'attacks restive Homs and Hama'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Syrian army 'attacks restive Homs and Hama'

www.bbc.co.uk

Most of the deaths have occurred in Homs, rights groups say. The Arab League says there has been a "high escalation" of violence in recent days.

A BBC reporter in Damascus says the regime appears to be losing control of rebellious areas of the capital.

The UN Security Council is due to discuss a possible resolution on Syria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-1-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wow it seems that Syrian violence is growing almost daily here. Looking at it from a day to day point of view, nothing is getting better with al-Assad in power.

President Bashar al-Assad's forces still operate in these areas, but they do not appear to be able to maintain control, our correspondent says.

I think they are way past the point of fed up with this.

Thousands of people attended the funeral of an anti-government protester killed on Thursday in Saqba.

Mourners chanted: "Better to die than be humiliated."

Things have to end here. Throw out Assad and let the Syrian people lead their own country. This won't happen without somekind of revolt though. Maybe they need to take back their country with or without UN intervention it needs to be done. Just my opinion though.

It says it is fighting "terrorists and armed gangs" and claims that some 2,000 members of the security forces have been killed since the unrest began last March.

The UN has conceded it cannot keep track of the death toll, which it estimated in December as more than 5,000 people.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
No surprise here.

Free Syrian Army shows video of alleged Iranian fighters abducted in Homs...

A group of Syria’s opposition “Free Army” has released a video showing what it was said were seven Iranians, including five members of the Revolutionary Guards, captured in the city of Homs.

The video showed travel documents of the captives, some of whom appeared to be speaking Farsi.

“I am Sajjad Amirian, a member the Revolutionary Guards of the Iranian armed forces. I am a member of the team in charge of cracking down on protesters in Syria and we receive our orders directly from the security division of the Syrian air force in Homs,” one of the captives said.

“I urge Mr. Khamenei to work on securing our release and return to our homes,” he added.

english.alarabiya.net...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I was getting conditioned to endless death and cruelty broadcast from around the world,
but this today brought me to tearsWarning Graphic

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm just curious on something..and I'm only half sarcastic about this..but we're constantly bombarded recently by stories of horrible brutality by the armed forces of Syria and it's made to sound like their whole nation is on fire and sitting on the brink of internal collapse. Then, just occasionally, an OP like this will come along to at least put things back into perspective and show the VAST MAJORITY of the unrest in Syria is isolated to one city/town with a few other hot spots that flare up or die down as time marches on.

So.. I do wonder... Are the people in Homs just sitting around roasting marshmellows and weenies on the campfire while singing Kumbaya as the Syrian forces come in shooting? Or...might there really be *TWO* sides to the fight here? I wouldn't know..it seems..as the media never even suggests the IDEA of a two sided fight and the concept that it isn't purely a slaughter of women and children for pure amusement.

Perhaps....just maybe..there is a hell of a lot more to this story than media deems we need to know. They don't want to confuse us with facts which may contradict their clean version of what we're supposed to think and feel, afte rall.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This world needs help big time. I think it is funny how al-Assad says it's armed gang members he's killing. That is obviously flase because these are INNOCENT protestors just getting thier voice out there and dying for it. Syrians would rather die then deal with this regime any longer...Sad it even had to come to that point.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm just curious on something..and I'm only half sarcastic about this..but we're constantly bombarded recently by stories of horrible brutality by the armed forces of Syria and it's made to sound like their whole nation is on fire and sitting on the brink of internal collapse. Then, just occasionally, an OP like this will come along to at least put things back into perspective and show the VAST MAJORITY of the unrest in Syria is isolated to one city/town with a few other hot spots that flare up or die down as time marches on.

So.. I do wonder... Are the people in Homs just sitting around roasting marshmellows and weenies on the campfire while singing Kumbaya as the Syrian forces come in shooting? Or...might there really be *TWO* sides to the fight here? I wouldn't know..it seems..as the media never even suggests the IDEA of a two sided fight and the concept that it isn't purely a slaughter of women and children for pure amusement.

Perhaps....just maybe..there is a hell of a lot more to this story than media deems we need to know. They don't want to confuse us with facts which may contradict their clean version of what we're supposed to think and feel, afte rall.

I know, it does make you wonder. Why? Why would they just came rallying in and start shooting? Someone is clashing with them. Bout time they fight back...

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Exactly maybe some "Wag the Dog" in Libya then "Wag the Dog" in Syria too.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Syria doesn't have a Rothschild Central Bank, that is the main motive I believe. The same reason why Libya was targeted by "rebels". Wow, That Was Fast!. Iran & Cuba I believe are the only 2 remaining countries without a central bank, the war drums for Iran have been beating for several years now.

These are paid rebels, backed by the West, used to destabilize the country.

The people of Homs are under constant attack from snipers shooting people from rooftops. Homs is mostly pro-Assad. The people of Homs want the Syrian army stationed there to deter these attacks. When the Western MSM arrives they attribute these sniper killings to the Syrian army to promote their agenda to remove Assad from power.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

How many lies need to be told before the masses wake up. This is just a repeat of Libya. The CIA backed Al-Quada has been sent to Syria which has been admitted. Start a little war they claim is protests. Begin killing civilians in order to send in the troops to finish the job. Welcome to the New World Order. Coming to a town nearest you.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
This world needs help big time. I think it is funny how al-Assad says it's armed gang members he's killing. That is obviously flase because these are INNOCENT protestors just getting thier voice out there and dying for it. Syrians would rather die then deal with this regime any longer...Sad it even had to come to that point.

-SAP-

Yeah the same protesters Burning Russian, Iranian, Chinese flags? yet waving the American flag? that tells you there NTC have an agenda

and John McCain calling Al Assad Russias Assad? and whats McCain? Israel boy? mo offense meant.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

-SAP-

Yeah the same protesters Burning Russian, Iranian, Chinese flags? yet waving the American flag? that tells you there NTC have an agenda

and John McCain calling Al Assad Russias Assad? and whats McCain? Israel boy? mo offense meant.

"Burning Russian, Iranian, Chinese flags?"

Looks too me that there against BOTH COMMUNISM AND REGLIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS,,,

pretty clear too me what there fight for,,,,,

How about the right too protest Irans's newest Law,,, ITS A SIN to ALLAH,, too be a FACEBOOK member,,

Ya seriously check it out,,,

i cant blame them at all , for Burning Russian, Iranian, Chinese flags?,,, and dont get me started on COMMUNISM,,

Me.

yea protesters.! VIVLA IRAN,,VIVLA IRAN/LYBIA/EGYPT/IRAQ,, LIBERDATA!!!!
edit on 28-1-2012 by BobAthome because: or something like that,,

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

But Flying American British Flags are ok?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Oh so your cheering the fake Globalist paid protesters eh? so your cheering for the American century project?
Oh and as for Libya revolution
yeah what a great success Libya now is worse shape then it was under Gaddafi.

And i hear rumors and reports of Gaddafi Liberation Fighters trying to liberate Libya back from the west
Yeah your cheering for the NATO Rebels who killed and tortured Migrant African Workers.

Thanks for showing that you dont have any respects.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

-SAP-

"Burning Russian, Iranian, Chinese flags?"

Looks too me that there against BOTH COMMUNISM AND REGLIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS,,,

pretty clear too me what there fight for,,,,,

How about the right too protest Irans's newest Law,,, ITS A SIN to ALLAH,, too be a FACEBOOK member,,

Ya seriously check it out,,,

i cant blame them at all , for Burning Russian, Iranian, Chinese flags?,,, and dont get me started on COMMUNISM,,

Me.

yea protesters.! VIVLA IRAN,,VIVLA IRAN/LYBIA/EGYPT/IRAQ,, LIBERDATA!!!!
edit on 28-1-2012 by BobAthome because: or something like that,,

Oh my goodness what total showing of deny ignorance! where you have been these couple of months? have you been FOX News station?

yea protesters.! VIVLA IRAN,,VIVLA IRAN/LYBIA/EGYPT/IRAQ,, LIBERDATA!

Ah Egypt right? you know whose running Egypt now? The Muslim brotherhood and who are they? Newbie?
Why they are RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS!

Ah Libya what a great mess NATO and Obama has created, Libyans are lacking food,jobs, no Justice system installed at all, and among all of this.

I hear Rumors and reports of Gaddafi Liberation Fighters growing in Libya!
so much for your nonsense BobAthome.

Here take a look.

Bhaaaa!

"Burning Russian, Iranian, Chinese flags?" Looks too me that there against BOTH COMMUNISM AND REGLIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS

When i see someone or a group of protesters burning 4 flags or other flags belonging to someones else country see an agenda been played in.

Its not because they are against Communism or Religious Fundamentalists.

Oh and Bob at home Religious Fundamentalists exist in every religion.

Oh and Bobathome heres something for you to wake up.

My thread

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
the muslim brotherhood must be crushed and those who sympathise with muslim brotherhood should go to saudi arabia and convert to sharia law.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
the muslim brotherhood must be crushed and those who sympathise with muslim brotherhood should go to saudi arabia and convert to sharia law.

ummm what??? what about those who sympathize with the SAUDIS?? like the US??

new topics

top topics

join