It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay/Lesbian forum section request

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Why not have a (Sexuality) forum...where all can post; where everyone is included. We should respect peoples choices...we may not always agree with their choices...but we can respect their right to make their choices.

Ok...now on the humorous side: Why not have a forum for tall female redheads? (lol)...

reply to post by caladonea

this is the exact ignorance i have been trying to point out!!!

(thanks for demonstrating it so brilliantly)

LGBT issues are not SEXUAL ... i repeat ... NOT SEXUAL!!!! ... sex is sexual, LGBT issues relate to human rights, crime, punishment , politics and so on ...

edit on 26-1-2012 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

reply to post by vogon42

yes, the first one lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

this is the exact ignorance i have been trying to point out!!!

(thanks for demonstrating it so brilliantly)

LGBT issues are not SEXUAL ... i repeat ... NOT SEXUAL!!!! ... sex is sexual, LGBT issues relate to human rights, crime, punishment , politics and so on ...

Oh you mean like social issues?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

Do you always act this obutse? or just when you are trying to veil your homophobic views with poor arguments!?

as i asked... 3 reasons why not?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

That was my exact intention....(to show ignorance)...I am glad you caught on. Good for you!

link   

reply to post by r3axion

Do you always act this obutse? or just when you are trying to veil your homophobic views with poor arguments!?

as i asked... 3 reasons why not?

so hes calling those issues what they are? Social issues? and that makes him a homophobe?

Seems to me you WANT people to be scared of gay people more then they are....

Those ARE social issues..........they arent unique to that particular group of people

link   

Obtuse? Sorry for using logic.

Why do I need 3 reasons when only one is needed?
There's already a forum that falls under all the categories you're describing.

Now I'm a homophobe? I think someone's a little in the closet here...classic psychological projection

You already had a Freudian slip a couple posts ago. It wasn't a typo, you "hate" anyone who doesn't share your views.

Go send a message to an admin or something, you just sound like an idiot here.
edit on 26-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

why would you want to willingly make yourself look like an ignorant person!

im perplexed by this!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So now your saying you haven't called ATS members and ATS homophobic ??

Here, let me refresh your memory.

Quote:
To all the complete homophobes on here trying to justify their critisizim of this idea by calling segregation ... shut the hell up you morons , if this is the case why not get rid of all the bloody forum on this site so their is no segregation at all.
Quote:
and hell, if ATS show blatent homophobic tendencies and dont create an LGBT forum... just google pinkmap uk (NOT com) and use ours!
Quote:
ps - @Baldryck This thread has basicly showed me how collectivly homophobic ATS is by completly slating the idea of an LGBT issues forum just because Its gay and most of the people who have posted are NOT GAY!

I think it's pretty conclusive that you have and are accusing ATS and ATS members as being homophobic.

Cosmic..
edit on 26-1-2012 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Can this thread be moved to below top secret, as there is no conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

1. As you have conceded already, all the stories you posted links to can fit into existing forums.

2. The only way a specific LGBT forum will work the way you want it to would have restrictions for posting to LGBT members only, otherwise all threads in there will be attacked by people who do not approve of the lifestyle, which there are many. Right or wrong, that would be the case.

3. It would put a target on the community in general, all the LGBT threads will be conviently put in one place for attack. Have you ever went to the conspiracy in religion forum threads? Every single one of them have multitudes of posts in each thread ridiculing people for believing in God and the Bible.

The most important reason is #1 though.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

LGBT issues relate to human rights, crime, punishment , politics and so on ...

Why are LGBT human rights different from hetero human rights?
Why are LGBT crimes different from hetero crimes?
Why are LGBT punishments different from hetero punishments?
Why are LGBT politics different from hetero politics?

Sheesh, divisiveness like this and you folks will be making me drink from a separate water fountain again!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hm...how sad.

I don't know why people insist on using their sexuality as a means of defining themselves. Stop with the labels already.

There's no need for an LGBT forum. ATS has enough forums that cover ANY topics that affect the LGBT community. Such as Social Issues, or Medical Conspiracies and a plethora of other forums that would fit threads on these topics.

There aren't enough LGBT issues on this board or in general for it to require it's own forum. That's just my opinion as a member.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Congratulations for officialy stating that ATS is a homophobic forum.

so people can talk about paranormal issues and how they talk to things that dont exist, people can have there own forum for saying that obama is not americam people can discuss anything they want really and it will besegregated into its own applicable sub forum ... but LGBT news and issues, which effect MILLIONS of people cannot be talked about in its own forum?!

im sorry if i just dont get why this cant have a forum.

i hope you see how hypocritical you, and most of the people replying to this post are being by saying LGBT issues cant have there own forum when some of the silliest topics on the internet have there own forum here on ats!

I don't know why people insist on using their sexuality as a means of defining themselves. Stop with the labels already.

fact is the lgbt community do not insist on using their sexuality as a way of defining themselfs, society have done that for them treating them like crap whenever they have tried to talk about their LGBT issues in public!

for shame!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

yes, the first one lol

"Why do you want to hate people who don't care what your sexual orientation is?"

The word NOT is in this sentence once.
Do you understand what a double negative is?

You hate people that do not care. - how is that a double negative?

Its just like your freudian slip you called a typo, the "HATE" one.

Your mind is not allowing you to read what is actually written on the page. Its not a typo, its your anger.

(unless you can tell me what your version of a double negative is)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
Yes that's right! There are many gay/lesbians in the world and it would be nice to see an actual forum section on this for ATS. The forum section would be beneficial as myself being gay to review gay info such as human rights, conspiracy related etc etc. Anyone gay or lesbian reading this please click the flag word next to the thread post if you want the same to let the administration do this .

edit on 26-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

So you want to separate an entire group based on sexuality? The same can be said for the threads on heterosexual relationships. There is a relationship forum, why make one just for people who are homosexual? That is separating them, there is no need to separate. They are still people, it doesn't matter who they go to bed with. Homosexuals and Heterosexuals still work, sleep, have kids and so on.

link   
reply to post by vogon42

do you understand that this discussion is about LGBt issues being posted on ATS and not a grammer lesson?

you have nothing to add to this discussion and are basicly trolling... poorly.

link   

you...HETEROPHOBE!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Congratulations for officialy stating that ATS is a homophobic forum.

SGTSECRET called it.

agreed, how about no. the sad part is, if the forum isn't made than suddenly ATS will be labeled 'anti gay,' freakin ridiculous. leave it in the bedroom, kbye.

ATS is not homophobic.
It's not anti-anything.

Next you'll see the Indigo's wanting their own forum. Please, get over yourself.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

ye ... im a self hating hetrosexual?! ... ok dude. ...LOL

is this your best comback to being outed as an obtuse homophobe?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

do you understand that this discussion is about LGBt issues being posted on ATS and not a grammer lesson?

you have nothing to add to this discussion and are basicly trolling... poorly.

LGBT issues CAN and ARE posted on ATS.

And the cry of "ATS is homophobic" is ridiculous and just wrong.

ATS staff consist of.........straight, gay, democrat, republican, christian, atheist and the list of differences go on and on.....

Being here as long as you have, you know this.
edit on January 26th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join