It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay/Lesbian forum section request

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

well, you are wrong as the moderators are official representatives of ATS and they are activly refusing the LGBT community a way to discuss their issues even though they let people talk about everything else in its own segregated space,

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Why are LGBT human rights different from hetero human rights?
Why are LGBT crimes different from hetero crimes?
Why are LGBT punishments different from hetero punishments?
Why are LGBT politics different from hetero politics?

Sheesh, divisiveness like this and you folks will be making me drink from a separate water fountain again!

Why won't you answer my question?
edit on 26-1-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Congratulations.....

You have officially outed yourself as a troll on this forum....

Im sorry but it had to be said, you defiantly refuse to see any logic what so ever...

and accuse anyone who has a dif opinion as being a homophobe......

IMHO you are just trying to push the envelope.........and have damaged your credibility in doing so

link   
reply to post by beezzer

I can haz my own forum?

HAHAHAHA!

Forget it, Beezzer! No forum for YOU!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I'm using your own logic against you.
I can see why you have a problem. Silly, isn't it?

Maybe you can request to start a forum for retards. I'm sure you face challenges daily.

link   
I vote "no".

If they decide "yes", then, I'll have to INSIST on a women only forum, a heterosexual issues forum, and especially a married couples forum to discuss marital issues, a mother's forum to discuss child rearing, and then there's transgender issues that would want a forum.

We have way too many forums already.

I think the majority of us hets are as or even MORE open-minded than non-hets.

link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Why not have a (Sexuality) forum...where all can post; where everyone is included. We should respect peoples choices...we may not always agree with their choices...but we can respect their right to make their choices.

Ok...now on the humorous side: Why not have a forum for tall female redheads? (lol)...

It could be a winner. But how would you police it? Who would stop it being infiltrated by tall brunettes disguised in red wigs.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That doesn't deserve it's own forum. I can't understand why you would want one anyway your not special so get over it. Then I want a black only forum and over 50 forum and it snows in the winter here forum. Not anti gay just pro common sense
edit on 26-1-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by beezzer

well, you are wrong as the moderators are official representatives of ATS and they are activly refusing the LGBT community a way to discuss their issues even though they let people talk about everything else in its own segregated space,

Go ahead and talk! Who's stopping you? Discuss, debate!

Unless you want to segregate me and refuse me a right to voice my opinion.

Are you going to make me sit in the back of the bus as well?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

so, as much as many of you dont like it LGBT issues (thats lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered to you who are wondering what the abreviation means) deserve a forum of its own just as much as 9/11 or religion ....

i mean come on people (and ats admins) ... we currently have a freaking paranormal forum where the mentaly ill come together and make up stories of demons and a forum where people can come and make up any crap they want ( skunk works / grey area), and the religion forums which are pretty much a combination of the skunk works/paranormal forums !!!

When comparing forums such as 9/11 or religion, those forums were separated out for the sheer volume of threads generated on those subjects. It just made sense for them to have their own forums. I don't think you'll see nearly as many threads on a daily basis for LGBT issues.

My post history shows just how strongly I feel about LGBT rights, but I'm not sure how this will make things better. It is a social issue, and we do have a forum for social issues. I'm just afraid that if you have an LGBT forum, it will bring out even more haters, and I don't know what good that would accomplish. I'm not saying that gays should be hidden by any means - threads regarding important gay issues should be posted on this website with the same visibility as other important social issues. But let's not try to separate gays out - isn't that what we're fighting against?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Go debate in social issues where this stuff belongs.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I really don't get it.

If someone wants to start a thread with a gay conspiratorial / discrimatory or just social angle to it there are plenty of suitable forums for them to do so.

If someone is displaying anti-gay bigotry then T&C cover that.

Why do people who are so desperate to prove they are no different to anyone else, which they aren't, demand special treatment that set's them aside from everyone else?
So your gay, no big deal - I'm not, so what?
Being equal means just that, you get judged on your own merits and get no special treatment.
If you can't understand that then I suggest the problem lays with you and not everyone else.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

He's not going to answer because you're a stupid homophobe!

Anyone who isn't would agree with him!!!

/////////sarcasm
edit on 26-1-2012 by r3axion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Congratulations for officialy stating that ATS is a homophobic forum.

Hold up.

Because ATS does not allow it's own forum, yet allow the discussion of ANY LGBT topic, we are homophobic?

Do you even know what that word means?

so people can talk about paranormal issues and how they talk to things that dont exist, people can have there own forum for saying that obama is not americam people can discuss anything they want really and it will besegregated into its own applicable sub forum ... but LGBT news and issues, which effect MILLIONS of people cannot be talked about in its own forum?!

ATS is a conspiracy website, don't you see how the paranormal fits? As well as a political conspiracy such as the birth of Obama? Which by the way, has no forum for that particular topic.

There are actually very few sub forums for entirely specific things and you'll notice that most of the forums have little topics in them.

im sorry if i just dont get why this cant have a forum.

i hope you see how hypocritical you, and most of the people replying to this post are being by saying LGBT issues cant have there own forum when some of the silliest topics on the internet have there own forum here on ats!

Because it is NOT required. It would be an actual waste of space as far as I am concerned. LGBT issues fit into a myriad of other forums, there's no need for it's own.

And it's not hypocritical, the topics that have sub forums or forums are because there is enough content to warrant them. There isn't enough when it comes to LGBT issues to make an entire forum for it.

It's really not difficult to understand.

ETA:

fact is the lgbt community do not insist on using their sexuality as a way of defining themselfs, society have done that for them treating them like crap whenever they have tried to talk about their LGBT issues in public!

Lol.

You are talking to somebody who has been active in the LGBT community probably before you born. As for your above statement, that's a social issue, not a conspiracy. You don't need your own forum.

~Tenth
edit on 1/26/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Dear OP, try Craigslist....there are a multitude of forums there to suit your taste.

Sincerely,

NightGypsy

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
i think we need a forum where us heteros can talk about our gay friends and family members.
no gays allowed of course, we just need a place to discuss issues like this op.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by r3axion

Originally posted by vogon42

all the people who are anti gay forum on here should actualy hate an hour and reaserch .......

Really we should HATE an hour.
Sounds like your emotions are causing a disconnect between your brain and your keyboard.
Calm down.

Why do you want to hate people who don't care what your sexual orientation is?

Perfect example of a Freudian slip right there.
Good to point it out

Yea boaby is getting a bit upset here.

To bad he is not the OP, we could possibly have this moved to the RANT section.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

well, you are wrong as the moderators are official representatives of ATS and they are activly refusing the LGBT community a way to discuss their issues

Mods are members here as well, yeah some are on a power trip, the vast majority are great at their jobs, but they are also members and have every right to post their opinions.

And how are they 'actively refusing the LGBT community a way to discuss their issues'?

All they are saying is post your threads in existing forums, where's the problem?

Seems to me like some people demand attention just for attentions sake

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
considering the fact that there are far more 'jew' threads than 'gay' ones, i hereby insist that ats open a 'jew' forum.
us jews need our own forum to discuss all the issues and hatred directed our way.
as individuals we don't deserve any of the critisism, but as an organized entity we become evil.
basically the same as gays who hang out in crowds with other gays.
not to mention the gay mafia.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
LGBT punishments different from hetero.

People want silence on the LGBT community. Most of you who say 'keep it in the bedroomm' are probly right. After all that's what the military said in the policy don't ask don't tell,

Government policy's and laws are a big no no for us to talk about on On ATS from PBTB. Non-governmental campaigns and individual actions that increase visibility and cultural acceptance of LGBT people is a big no for ATS. How disgusting. No offense but the posts on here are directing towards this comment.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join