It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay/Lesbian forum section request

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Yes that's right! There are many gay/lesbians in the world and it would be nice to see an actual forum section on this for ATS. The forum section would be beneficial as myself being gay to review gay info such as human rights, conspiracy related etc etc. Anyone gay or lesbian reading this please click the flag word next to the thread post if you want the same to let the administration do this .

edit on 26-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Yip, I agree! And then hopefully the rabidly anti-gay crowd will stay out of the forum and leave us alone!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You are kidding .You want to be treated the same but then isolate yourselves in your own forum
Leave your sexuality in the bedroom .How about a forum for men who like women ? ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

Yip, I agree! And then hopefully the rabidly anti-gay crowd will stay out of the forum and leave us alone!

Or...how about the "straits" and the "gay" live in the real world where we all mingle anyway!

Jeez...your not special because your gay...and I am not special because I am strait!

"Leave me alone because I am gay..."!

Ya...no...your human...I don't care if you gay or strait...I am going to treat you the same as I do every other person!

How would that go over if I started a man/women thread...a lot of nonsense...the "anti-men and the anti-women" would have to leave us men/women alone hopefully too....just ludicrous!
edit on 26-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
Yes that's right! There are many gay/lesbians in the world and it would be nice to see an actual forum section on this for ATS. The forum section would be beneficial as myself being gay to review gay info such as human rights, conspiracy related etc etc. Anyone gay or lesbian reading this please click the flag word next to the thread post if you want the same to let the administration do this .

edit on 26-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

Aww, precocious are we?
Two weeks and requesting a separate forum. Your resolution is admirable.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

You just want to be different, don't you?

A community that denies ignorance and you want to be in a private little corner? You're own little seperate box...and for what? Because of the preference towards a certain sex...

I don't get it, why? Being gay doesn't make you different on ATS!!

Personally I like blond, 23 year-old-women.....can I have a forum for that please?

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
You are kidding .You want to be treated the same but then isolate yourselves in your own forum
Leave your sexuality in the bedroom .How about a forum for men who like women ? ridiculous.

This. Sexuality doesn't even come into play.

Also, if you're looking for a forum specifically like that, there is tons of them out there if I am not mistaken.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Brunettes!!! If we get a blondes forum but no brunettes i will get really, really mad!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I have webbed toes.

People hate me.

I can haz my own forum?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Though I understood the reason for the request, if its a problem whether in the gay community or not, can be discussed here. Of course you have to take the good with the bad, there are many members here that are openly gay, and I am sure if they thought that there was something going on whether in the gay or straight community, that needed to be known they would start a thread about it.

Every forum is a form of separation as it is. UFO people go the UFO section, Politics, the same. But if there was something going on that was hurting people, rights, or voice, we share here... together!
Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
A noble idea, but I don't agree with it.
On a forum like this it will be very divisive.

Why don't gay people rather friend each other if they like, and U2U?
Or make a gay thread that can keep going, such as e.g. about coming out experiences on Chit-Chat?

I'd hate to see my gay experience or commentary stereotyped and segregated.
Nope I cannot support the idea.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
this is such a wonderful idea thank
you op for standing straight up.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You wish to be accepted like a normal people yes? Well here now is the right edge of that sword.I come here to be informed of alarming developments, fascinating conspiratorial information,and to support my warrior family.Do we ask for a warrior forum? No, it wouldn't be appropriate to the purpose of this forum.Not to mention I never want to disturb a more gentle spirited segment of my country.I am neither interested nor moved by the plight of homosexuality .Mostly because I feel such collectivist logic is absurd.so you in the end will have your wish.You are the same as me,no special forum.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

You just want to be different, don't you?

A community that denies ignorance and you want to be in a private little corner? You're own little seperate box...and for what? Because of the preference towards a certain sex...

I don't get it, why? Being gay doesn't make you different on ATS!!

Personally I like blond, 23 year-old-women.....can I have a forum for that please?

Peace

What an idiotic thing to say. People like you should really try to understand things before commenting on them.

He's not saying that homosexuals/lesbians should get their own forum simply because they're homosexual/lesbian, but because of the issues surrounding homosexuality/lesbian (gay marriage, treatment gays in countries, etc.).
edit on 26-1-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
this is such a wonderful idea thank
you op for standing straight up.

You're killing me....lol...

I have nothing against gays. In fact I have a friend who is gay. But the vid you posted is funny.

What, what?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
What an idiotic thing to say. People like you should really try to understand things before commenting on them.

Thank you....I try so hard.

There are various issues regarding homosexuality. He's asking for a forum for them, which sounds reasonable. It's not because he's homosexual, but because of the issues surrounding homosexuality (gay marriage, treatment gays in countries, etc.).

So you mean.....the world hasn't accepted homosexuality? There are actually discussion about this?

What you think, I'm dumb? I know about the trail and tribulations of our gay bothers and sisters.........JUST NOT HERE ON ATS!!!

Read the motto of this site:"DENY IGNORANCE"

People who take this motto to heart are not going to weigh your sexual preference in any discussion. The "gay-bashing" on this site is from people that don't belong on ATS either!!

From the OP:

The forum section would be beneficial as myself being gay to review gay info such as human rights, conspiracy related etc etc. Anyone gay or lesbian reading this please click

Which means.....if your not gay.....your out!!

Great attitude.

Peace
edit on 26-1-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Dumb...Dumb...Dumb...really deny ignorance...starting when?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hardly anyone will post on that forum.

Soon it will seem like ATS has become hetero-sexist, and gay issues are off the main phora - then people will scream discrimination!

Absolutely not, I come here to discuss issues with various people, and I don't want to be segregated.

My Brother, you only have 68 posts.
Come and join the discussions and soon you will see that what you propose is unnecessary and untenable.

Strange how every new member thinks along the same lines at first - just like I wanted forums for different countries.

edit on 26-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Why the hell would ATS need any thread regarding sexual orientation?

There are other sites for such things. If you have some post about sexuality why not just fit it in to one of the numerous other threads here, if it doesn't fit in any then don't post it on ATS.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

I said conspiracy related topics o not sexual intercourse/dating hookups. And no, gays/lesbians are not treated the same in every city, state and country in many different ways. All the topics gay/lesbian would go in the gay/lesbian forum section.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join