It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay/Lesbian forum section request

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

AH HA......so
You do hate people that do not care what your sexual orientation is.

Thats what I thought.

Consider your self special if you want, but I do not care who you have sex with.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

AWESOME ! ROTFL
snort.....lol

I wish I could star you for that.

(we need to move this topic to the rant forum)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
LGBT punishments different from hetero.

People want silence on the LGBT community. Most of you who say 'keep it in the bedroomm' are probly right. After all that's what the military said in the policy don't ask don't tell,

Government policy's and laws are a big no no for us to talk about on On ATS from PBTB. Non-governmental campaigns and individual actions that increase visibility and cultural acceptance of LGBT people is a big no for ATS. How disgusting. No offense but the posts on here are directing towards this comment.

yup, and this is why many have stated the fact that you are looking for different treatment than others.
you'll always have both sides of the coin on ats.
if you're looking for a place where people will only agree with your desicions in life you're obviously in the wrong place.
want to read a decent thread on this topic?
here's one i started. like many have already said, just about any issue can be placed in an existing forum.
can you name me one that doesn't fit anywhere on ats?
please read my link, you may come to realize that many here, including myself stand up for your right to be gay.

pope- gay marriage thread.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Bro not everyone who doesn't agree with a separate forum is against the LGBT community. It just makes more sense that it would fall under the already existing social issues forum. That's all we're saying.

No one here said they have any problem with different sexual orientations.
DADT was repealed because of the people who opposed it.

Because we don't agree with a separate forum for which there's barely any posts even on, we're considered homophobic? THAT'S sad. Start posting in the Social Issues forum. Maybe when enough people create enough threads on it, it'll merit a forum of it's own. After all, that is why other topics get their own forum - because of the number of threads people post regarding it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
Government policy's and laws are a big no no for us to talk about on On ATS from PBTB. Non-governmental campaigns and individual actions that increase visibility and cultural acceptance of LGBT people is a big no for ATS. How disgusting. No offense but the posts on here are directing towards this comment.

You are absolutely WRONG.

You are new here. This is probably why you dont understand that LGBT topics are allowed here under the proper forum and w/in the T&C....just like any other topic such as discrimination against women, handicap, republicans, Christians, Muslims, etc etc. The world is full of hate and conspiracies. Hate, discrimination and conspiracies are not biased nor segregated

And as a woman, woman have MANY challenges in this world.....yet ATS does not have a woman's only forum. I am a woman and can find a zillion conspiracies about women. See where im going?

And btw....there is no campaigning for ANY cause on ATS. Please read the T&C for that. Has nothing to do with the LBGT community.

ATS is for all. However, there are many websites out there that cater to a specific group.
edit on January 26th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I want Ron Paul dedicated forum, where no one can disagree with me that he is the best candidate for the job.

And a 9/11 Truth forum where nobody can disagree that it was a giant conspiracy.

And an Aliens forum where nobody can claim aliens are not real.

ATS does not have pro-anything forums, or anti-anything forums. It is a DISCUSSION forum. Everyone is free to discuss their views, in whatever existing forum is appropriate for the subject, as long as they stay within the terms and conditions.

Of course we are not going to exclude anyone from any forum. Creating an LGBT forum, and excluding other members would be insane. Would anyone be so apt to support a Straight Forum (whatever straight means), and exclude LGBT members from it? OF COURSE NOT! Why not have a Black Forum, and a White Forum, and a Aboriginal Forum.

Just my opinion, as a member, but the suggestion alone is ridiculous and ill-logical.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

You are sorely mistaken.

ATS does not , under any circumstances attempt to quell the dissenting voices of the LGBT community.

As a gay man myself, I can attest that ATS has been NOTHING but open and forthcoming about it's willingness to let people discuss whatever they want.

Nobody is stopping the LGBT community from discussing their issues here. Nobody. What we aren't doing is giving you a sub forum.

If you want to cry homophobia because ATS doesn't imediately bend to your will, then you really have to take a good hard look at yourselves and figure out why you are so uncompromising.

Just take a look at my threads, there are MANY about the LGBT community, and never once were they removed or censored.

And that was prior to me becoming a moderator.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

not only that, but using the link i provided above, it's usually the heteros like myself who post about gay issues.
we are the ones who usually stand up for the rights of gays.
to say i'm no longer allowed to do so would be rediculous.
or i'm only allowed to do so in certain forums, visa-versa.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That will do thank you.

The original post was actually aimed at the owners of ATS. Some folks gave their opinions on the suggestion. Others completely missed the plot.

All things considered, the thread will be closed seeing that most replies are now off-topic.

For the time being all issues on Homosexuality and related can still be discussed in the Social Issues (or closest related subject matter) Forum.

The owners will be advised of this suggestion.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join