It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Carl Sagan know something?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveyboy1991
Imo, if Carl Sagan was in the intelligence sector, it is very likely that he came across something that would benefit us but the information for whatever reason wasn't released, and he thought this was one of the ways to speak out. Do we know anything more about his death?

Did Carl die in a convenient car crash whilst investigating impact crators?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
the message was transmitted via crop circles. if we were to ignore the crop circles then we would be ignoring the message.

obviously, anyone with an internet connection can easily look up information that was not available in 1974.

so the message is irrelevant. what is relevant is the crop circle, because they are very complex and would require a team of experts to pull of successfully.

saying that, it could have been done on a weekend or holidays.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ok for the sake of the arguement lets assume that it was students fairys or whoever you like created the circles but my point of posting was to ask the following.

So, it's possible that Carls 4.somthing billion may have been absolutely accurate. Or, maybe he was deliberately showing us Alien DNA?.
As I said, I know nothing about DNA so I welcome sensible comments form those who do.

The circles were included to show how I found myself wanted an answer to a question. That was all.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Speaking of DNA, I believe that so called "junk" DNA is actually extraterrestrial. I don't believe the body contains any useless garbage.
Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Speaking of DNA, I believe that so called "junk" DNA is actually extraterrestrial. I don't believe the body contains any useless garbage.
Your thoughts?

I believe our dna contains much that we dont know about, probably because we havent been told. Thanks for a sensible question.

I'm hoping someone can tell us whether Carls estimate was correct.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Your question about Alien DNA sureley is impossible to answer unless we had such DNA. So any other than a sample of alien DNA would be speculation - However I have a friend who's great grandfather was a pioneer in the study of DNA - In fact he discovered it by building his own electro miccroscopes - The Rockerfeller Institue wanted him but he rejected them as he did not agree with their agenda - On his death his papers were stolen and the maths refined by others who took the credit for his work. I will ask my friend as he attends lectures from world scientists on this subject - However my friend is no scientist yet has studied the subject for his own interest and often poses questions at lectures that the scientists have not considered. He actually shuns some of the scientists as he thinks they are mad and dislikes how DNA is manipulated in living creatures. Though sees no harm in some uses of it regarding creating useful products.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

It would seem I did not do a good job of explaining.
My question was did carl include in the message the correct length of HUMAN dna. If so I wondered how he knew as back then it was believed to be about 1 billion but in the message he wrote 4 billion.

Thanks for your reply

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Great post, alot of information to digest and I understand you don't want it to be about the crop circles but like it or not, that is what the meat of the post comes too. You have two sides of the fence here, those who are willing to keep an open mind and entertain the idea of outside influences creating crop circles and those that give them no thought because they have been and can be created by pranksters.

I do believe that people make crop circles, I do believe that some are very talented and I do believe there are motivations for doing such that alot of us will never understand but all that said, I honestly don't think that humans are responsible for every single crop circle that pops up worldwide every other day.

Taking that belief and then taking into consideration the rest of the post has left me baffled and excited, I will be doing more research into this, thanks for the effort, it is appreciated.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Sorry I mis read what you are seeking to know - Hope you/we find an answer

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
First, I'm OK with the thread not being about crop circles, but I have a question that could is pertinent nonetheless. What about those of us who do not think it realistic (notice I did not say "impossible") that the circles are man-made, yet still find it hard to believe that advanced civilization would choose that means of communication? Seems like there would be much easier or more direct ways for such an advanced culture to get a message to us.

To your point, wasn't Carl Sagan known to be exceptionally closed minded, or for lack of a better word, stubborn regarding the presence or non-existence of ETs? As I recall, feel free to correct me if I am incorrect, he was a confirmed naysayer with no clear reasoning as to why he worked with the concept of aliens other than to disprove the idea?

I would be happy to be proven wrong. Still, from what I read, neither side of the debate wants to fully align itself with him or his beliefs or methodology which essentially caused him to be an outsider to all concerned. Again, I hope I am wrong because I personally believe he was one of the finest thinkers we will ever have who also took his opportunity and made the most of it.

Back on point, I have a great deal of difficulty still, reconciling this type of message with the technology that would have to be available to another life form capable of being here in the first place. In other words, its a little like us going to an island with inhabitants who have never seen any technology, but refusing to communicate with them through anything other than drawing pictures in the sand.

I am open minded to be proven wrong, but this is how I see it at the moment.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A very nice thread. Those two drunks with a plank and a string could have their own reality show. A question, this post and some others I wanted to "favorite" have no favorite button. How do I go about saving a link to this thread aside from favoring it? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I submit that those dismissing that crop circles could be man made are close minded.

Like the OP, who felt the need to mention that "two drunken men couldn't do this" in his opening posts.
edit on 24/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
A question, this post and some others I wanted to "favorite" have no favorite button. How do I go about saving a link to this thread aside from favoring it? Thanks.

Just use the favorite button of your browser while your on this page.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It is about the circles, you have completely dismissed that the crop circles could be man made and based the rest of your theory around that.

I know for a fact that crop circle makers are very capable of creating intricate designs, look at the Wilton windmill crop circle from a couple of years ago, I did a thread on it, was very clever what they did.

Here's the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Binary codes, ASCII, sound familiar?

Then the subtle reference to the Planck constant...geddit?

You may be correct, or not... but your crop circle doesn't even come CLOSE to the complexity of OP's circles... I think your circle may be the pinnacle of what's possible, but OP's crop circles are WAY more intricate....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here in the UK all crop circles are presented to the public as the work of pranksters out for a laugh after a night on the booze. Hence my reference to it.

If you read the post I do state that I beleive a well organised team could have done it. I'm sorry if I confused or missled people.

I was researching the circles and it led me to the supposed error that Carl made of the legnth of human dna and then I found the disc in the field. I do not believe all the circles could be made by a couple of people and some of them do contain information that MOST people would not know. I should have included some more pics of more complicated circles that cause me to believe it would need at least a millitary style operation to create them but that was not what the post was about. Sorry for confusing some of you.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think the op is just trying to reinforce the sound reasoning that only some one with a strong understanding of not only DNA but also geometry and the man power to successfully construct such intricate circles two days apart from each other...... It's highly unlikely.

IMO its a response from an alien race that resides within the limits of our own solar system.

In regard to weather or not Carl Sagan knew about certain scientific facts that may have influenced the information he put into his binary transmission, my opinion is of course he did. His renown and general experience with the world of black science and space exploration would make him the perfect candidate. Not to mention the fact that he was pretty well off financially and even top secret information has a price tag on it. I honestly don't think he would have made that large of a mistake on a transmission project that he took pretty seriously

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Helious

I submit that those dismissing that crop circles could be man made are close minded.

Like the OP, who felt the need to mention that "two drunken men couldn't do this" in his opening posts.

Close mindedness goes both ways, people who believe this was the work of aliens must also entertain the possibility and even probability that it was not. For those who think all crop circles are more than likely man made, it takes less of a leap, just admitting the very slight possibility it was not.

The ability to see eachothers point of view no matter how flawed we personally view it keeps marriages together every day haha.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I disagree, all it takes is planning, it's not like the makers were out there nutting it out as they go. Once the complexities are sorted out on paper beforehand, the crop circle is the easy bit.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Excellent out of the box thinking.

I believe you have brought up a very good point, that deserves more investigation.

Don't respond to the naysayer's, it just gives them more fuel.

There are messages that we need to figure out and many may beyond the "stupid" man to figure out, especially with the idiots out trying to copy cat the crop circles.

There was a crop circle that had a new mathematic shape that had never been discovered before...sorry I don't have time tonight, but maybe tomorrow I can look it up.

You may be on an important quest - Keep it going!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Look at the people standing in the middle to get an idea of scale.
Now consider that you've got six hours of darkness to complete without mistakes.
I'm not saying that humans could not do this, but am saying it would take millitary style planning.

The circle showing the double helix will be the subject for another post.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join