It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I looked at my cash and realized a few things just now...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I dare anyone here to actually wipe their butts with this glorified toilet paper...

Unfortunately that toilet paper still puts the bread on the table.

*sigh of frustration*

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
When you run out of toiletpaper. Then you have to get hands on with the #...Anyway money is worthless its just an I O U from the goverment.You cant eat or drink money .When the crunch comes Id rather have gallons of fresh water an tons of tinned preseves foodstuff ect.Than all the gold in fort knox an all the toiletpaper in all the banks.Moss is very absorbant an works great at cleaning your ringpeice.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I looked at my cash just now and realized that whether I live or die largely depends upon how glorified toilet paper I possess.

I realized that my dad has been working himself to the bone, mostly at jobs he hates, for 30 years for people that don't appreciate with him for glorified toilet paper.

I realized that all the politicians' corruption, all the banking fraud, the money laundering, the warmongering for oil and defense contractor profiteering, all of it.

Every. single. last. thing.

About nothing more than the chase for glorified toilet paper.

And now I think I'm finally beginning to understand what a joke this entire system really is.

It's the mark of the beast my friend. Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

The doom of man has never been what he has done, but his motivation for doing it.

Labor not for money, but for the good of mankind.

There is true treasure and zero work.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Apparently none of you are off the grid or living on the land, as we are all talking on the internet, which is a luxury.

I AM

Without money, how would you guys get your food? Your transportation, clothing, medicine? How about electricity, water, sewage, gas, petro? How will you get Internet, radio, television, movies, music? How would you go on a date or take a vacation?

I trust in God to provide and I haven't gone hungry nor thirsty yet.

Are you going to grow tomatoes in your backyard to trade for a cell phone? Maybe some cucumbers traded for a computer?

Do squirels grow Oak trees?

What can you do, grow, make, or what service can you provide to sustain your MODERN life?

I do what ever a brother in need requires. That is all I do.

Paper money is simply the intermediary for bartering and trading.

No. Paper money is a contract with a system. If you use the goods of the system, then by the system you will be ruled.

A man cannot serve two masters. He will love the one and hate the other.

Or do you somehow deserve a free ride through life without work, sweat, sacrifice, responsibility, and saving?

I deserve a free ride through life because I am born free.

This does not mean I won't help you when you need it.

Ask and you will receive.

But I don't take money.

If you want to break bread together, that's on you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
I dare anyone here to actually wipe their butts with this glorified toilet paper...

Unfortunately that toilet paper still puts the bread on the table.

*sigh of frustration*

I actually had a situation where a friend needed some paper after a road side emergency pit stop. There were no napkins in the car so I advised him to use a dollar.

A few minutes later he emerged from his culvert with crap all over his hands cussing up a storm.

I asked him what in the world happened.

He replied in frustration, have you ever tried to wipe your ass with three quarters, two dimes, and a nickel?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
loll thats funny..
anyway its easy to sit and complain but what are you gonna do about it?
I think the best way to change this system is to be FULLY SELF SUFFICIENT.
If enough of us go out of the cities, buy land and do what we do best as communities
share between communities, then many more people will see thats its possible
to live separated from this system and still live well..
until that time when we realise that WE really have the POWER
we remain slaves of the system..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Money is not the problem. Materialism is. Placing money's value over human life is the problem. Placing the value of material things above human life is the problem.

Apparently none of you are off the grid or living on the land, as we are all talking on the internet, which is a luxury.

Without money, how would you guys get your food? Your transportation, clothing, medicine? How about electricity, water, sewage, gas, petro? How will you get Internet, radio, television, movies, music? How would you go on a date or take a vacation?

Are you going to grow tomatoes in your backyard to trade for a cell phone? Maybe some cucumbers traded for a computer?

What can you do, grow, make, or what service can you provide to sustain your MODERN life?

Paper money is simply the intermediary for bartering and trading.

Or do you somehow deserve a free ride through life without work, sweat, sacrifice, responsibility, and saving?

Exactly! Money is just a step in between bartering. It's all about value. Sure I wish I had a Star Trek replicator cooking up food (and everything else) just by nanotechnologing atoms. There are enough atoms and energy in this universe. Maybe one day...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by guidethusprotect

O boy....Why don't you go have a conversation with a farmer who gets no subsidy or what ever help. Let him tell you how terribly hard and unpredictable farming is. And then you would also have to barter your products for those you can't make. Who is going to decide how much eggs are the same as say an overcoat?

It's not about the system or other crap, it's simply about curbing appetite for new new new things. And also about finding good deals.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's not the fiat currency, it's not the materialism by the common consumer. IT IS THE PRIVATE BANKS that loan money they don't have out to the common man at an astonishing rate. It is the private fed that gets to call the shots at minting however much they want. It's the incessant pedestal thought process of these "Too big to fail" companies. Our U.S. Dollar is not backed by anything anymore because of this. It is said to be backed by gold however the reserve is a private organization in which no actual federal agency is allowed in therefore the gold is the federal reserves (which is a private reserve, not owned by the feds). The U.S. has no gold.

This entire system is a sham to make the private banks rich beyond belief and to instill control over an entire populace. Every country that has ever subscribed to the same system we have in place has failed (and it was designed to fail so that the global banking industry can pillage and amass a huge amount of wealth and control.) Take for example that everything still costs the same as in 1970 except right now you make less because of all the taxes, fees and apr's on them. The global banking industry killed and silenced many people to keep their organization afloat.

In the 1800's our country was wealthy beyond belief because our dollar was backed by gold and we didn't have a debt based society. Also, there wasn't as much legislation in order to make you spend more money.

In 1940, I could buy land, prop a camper or a shack on it while I built my house from resources I harvested from that land. Now because of this system we have in place I can't build a shack to live in while I build a better house, there are time limits on said house, and I have to buy the wood or pay a service to make it along with pay a billion fees that no one can afford. This makes us live in a debt based society which is spun so that we eventually make less money because of inflation.

HSR

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Money is part of the problem because it is a means of control, and it is also possible to amass stupid amounts of money and create inequality.
You know the day when slavery was abolished, the master told the slave, knowing that the slave had nowhere to go and nothing to eat: "you know, there is a lot of work in my plantation, why don't you just stay here, and of course you are no longer a slave, i will pay you, and you are free to go any time", and thus modern slavery was born. The masters had just invented another form of slavery, more subtle. The slave now had to buy his own food and pay for his rent.

Going back to countryside and trying to live like they did 100 years ago is not the solution. The solution lies in civilisation, in science and technology, and of course in social improvement. You have to look at the big picture, in the big scale of human evolution through the millennia. I believe money will become useless one day.

I don't want to own a car, but i want fast, reliable and clean transport.
I don't want to own a washing machine, but i want my clothes to be washed clean.
I don't want money, but i want my needs met.

The problem is that we are still looking at the reality of things through the glasses of ideology, therefore even if it was possible right now to create a society without money, we would be blind to that possibility. Mankind needs more time, and if we look at the big picture, we can come to the conclusion that we are still a young species and that we are not late.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Look even closer. You'll see on the Federal Reserve Note the word "Note" instead of the word "credit."

When you look even closer at the word Note, you learn that is means "debt." That Federal Reserve Note is actually a "promise to pay."

When you look even closer you will see that all this time your dad has been working for debts, not credits. Those pieces of toilet paper are worth less then the toilet paper, as the TP has a use - value, the 20 dollar debt note means you OWE 20 dollars.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Money is a weapon of control and domination that those in power use to keep the vast majority of humanity enslaved as work robots,taxed automatons and expendable commodoties...

Without money and the totally needless class seperation and financial and emotional misery that it brings,we would all be equal and those that rule and control us would never allow that to happen,not without a very bloody revolution,but who wants to be the sacrificial generation that stands up and does something about it to try and make the world a better place for their children?

Those that rule and control us,want to keep us posessed by greed and materialistic illusions and they want our solidarity broken,so we doin join together against them...

Those who decide to make too many waves upon the governments ocean of domination and control,those who choose not to run the governments evil,do or die rat race,will be left with three choices,homelessness,prison and death,sometimes all following eachother in rapid succession...

The native indians of the americas lived for many thousands of years without prisons,without poor shelters, without bibles and without money,they didnt even have a word for stealing and just think about and realize what the greed driven eurpoeans sweeping desolation did to them...

edit on 25-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
People are using the wrong perspective, on what money IS. Money HAS value, you just have to PLANT it. Start your own business, with that toilet paper. INVEST!!!! This is how the "rich" got rich, and stay rich. Money is not for "spending" it's for INVESTING!!!! LIVE YOUR DREAMS with your "money"!

Remember: "A tree reproduces of it's own kind"...."it takes money to MAKE money"

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Money only has real value if you have a lot of it and the vast majority are forced to live without hardly any at all and for them its a constant struggle,a sinister curse and a tireless ghost that haunts their every waking moment and sometimes invades their dreams,turning them into nightmares...

edit on 25-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello Brother IAM.
More specifically, I was referring to modern technological life, luxuries, comforts, tourism, vacations, entertainment, technological gadgets, etc.

If we lived in a Utopian society where all needs were met freely, what incentive would there be for anyone to work, create, or engineer? Who would be the ones to grow the food for the benefit of others and give it freely? Who would be the ones to manufacture goods for the benefit of others and give it freely? Who would be the ones to heal the sick, make clothing, and build homes freely? How do we decide who cleans sewers or sweeps floors?

How do we decide who works in which domains? Are all people forced into their proper work fields? What if someone doesn't want to work in their designated job, or if they don't want to work at all?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The brutal truth of this sad and sorry Money situation,is the cold and unforgiving reality that The Top 500 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than The Bottom 150 Million Do...Seriousy,think about what that actually means...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Squirrels and animals are hunter-gatherers. They stay busy all day searching for food. This is how their needs are met.

If we became nomadic hunter-gatherers, then for the most part, we would not starve or go thirsty either.

But I can't hunt or gather all of the objects that create this 'modern' world. Neither can I create or engineer all that I use.

If everything was given freely and all pulled their fair share of the work, someone would have to organize and direct it all. This type of system will turn mankind into a bee hive or ant colony; slave laborers ruled by predestined royal leaders.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've said this so many times since joining ATS. We don't need money. Money is what keeps us enslaved, even if you're earning lots of it! It really doesn't matter. We do things and we make others do things that are not in our best interest because of money. Think about your life without money. Think about a world without any money nor any form of exchange. Think about a world with no ownership. Think about being able to do what you want to do because you love doing it. Think about people appreciating whatever it is you produce and you appreciating their products too. Imagine learning to do stuff with no deadlines, no rush, nothing to wait for. You can do what you want to because you're you and this is your path. Imagine that. Consider all the ramifications. Consider and extrapolate. What would be a crime then? Why would someone commit crime? Just think.

Be sure to consider also that because we would all have everything available to us, your personal values would necessarily change. You will not want a mansion and a Ferrari because anyone can have them. You will only want what you want because you want it. It suits you. You will be a little closer to who you really are, not the product of society and the media that you are now. Ponder that.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello Brother IAM.
More specifically, I was referring to modern technological life, luxuries, comforts, tourism, vacations, entertainment, technological gadgets, etc.

If we lived in a Utopian society where all needs were met freely, what incentive would there be for anyone to work, create, or engineer? Who would be the ones to grow the food for the benefit of others and give it freely? Who would be the ones to manufacture goods for the benefit of others and give it freely? Who would be the ones to heal the sick, make clothing, and build homes freely? How do we decide who cleans sewers or sweeps floors?

How do we decide who works in which domains? Are all people forced into their proper work fields? What if someone doesn't want to work in their designated job, or if they don't want to work at all?

People do not want to work my friend. Work breaks the spirit and makes the successful bitter at the unsuccessful. Labor on the other hand, people love to do. Particularly when they are inspired by the mere sense of accomplishment that comes from a thank you, a sense of appreciation.

If there is a job that needs to be done that no one wants to do, figure out how to do it with human intervention.

Don't you know we invent work just to keep people employed?

Most work does not even need to be done. We could be using that free time to learn more fascinating ways to make our lives work free.

We aren't here yet though, but we will get there very soon.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Squirrels and animals are hunter-gatherers. They stay busy all day searching for food. This is how their needs are met.

If we became nomadic hunter-gatherers, then for the most part, we would not starve or go thirsty either.

But I can't hunt or gather all of the objects that create this 'modern' world. Neither can I create or engineer all that I use.

If everything was given freely and all pulled their fair share of the work, someone would have to organize and direct it all. This type of system will turn mankind into a bee hive or ant colony; slave laborers ruled by predestined royal leaders.

You cannot tell me that with all the energy and resouces pumped into killing each other that we cannot turn that same machine into one that can feed and provide for all of us.

Why is it that people will volunteer to go kill and die, but find it so hard to imagine volunteering to feed and clothe one another?

Life will continue when the pyramid structure is torn down. It will simply be a level temple, and each block is of equal importance regardless of it's design.

This type of system will turn mankind into a bee hive or ant colony; slave laborers ruled by predestined royal leaders.

You are less than slaves now. You are merely a number in the system. A product. You do not even have life any more. You wake when the machine calls you, you work when the machine schedules you, you get the rewards that the machine has prepared for your particular output.

I don't understand how so few can see it. I am equally boggled how so few can see what lies on the other side of the mountain.

I'll keep on laboring for love, while the rest work for money.

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join