It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I looked at my cash and realized a few things just now...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello again Brother IAM.
Please believe me, it's not a matter of seeing, hearing, or understanding.

What is money? Some say it is the root to all evil. I say no! Money is an inanimate object, not capable of the evil associated with it. Money is actually a catalyst for the manifestation of a person's heart. If we are selfish, shallow, apathetic, greedy, jealous, covetous, prideful, arrogant, impatient, irresponsible, a liar, thief, barbaric, or murderous, it will manifest its self in our aquirement and use of money. If we are loving, honest, loyal, empathetic, charitable, caring, humble, selfless, patient, and responsible, it will manifest in our aquirement and use of money.

Fiat money is based on usury, interest, and debt in order to create an economic slavery... but that is another topic in its self.

edit on 1/25/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

It is a beautiful imagining to contemplate the energy of weapons and war used instead to take care of mankind

But still, we are attacking the catalyst (money) instead of the diseases within our own hearts. Before we can break free from economic slavery... before we can enjoy Heaven on Earth... we need to address our Ego, as well as materialism and superficiality.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by IAMIAM

It is a beautiful imagining to contemplate the energy of weapons and war used instead to take care of mankind

But still, we are attacking the catalyst (money) instead of the diseases within our own hearts. Before we can break free from economic slavery... before we can enjoy Heaven on Earth... we need to address our Ego, as well as materialism and superficiality.

It is and always has been about motivation my friend.

Money is more than a means of exchange, it is a contract with a system. Once you are in that system and using that which the system provides, you are bound by IT'S laws, not the written on your heart.

Contract with no one. Let your yea be yea and your nay be nay. If someone need a job done, will do it if I can, or I won't if I can't, but always I am free to change my mind, to stop when I want, or to go to what ever lengths it takes to get the job done.

Render unto caesar that which belongs to caesar, and to God what belongs to God.

Caesar can have his trinkets. I labor for God, and in that I am free.

All I can do is point the way though.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Welcome, that realization and a weekend of reading the Creature from Jekyll Island is what opened my eyes. It is both a blessing and a curse.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Money is not the problem. Materialism is. Placing money's value over human life is the problem. Placing the value of material things above human life is the problem.

Apparently none of you are off the grid or living on the land, as we are all talking on the internet, which is a luxury.

Without money, how would you guys get your food? Your transportation, clothing, medicine? How about electricity, water, sewage, gas, petro? How will you get Internet, radio, television, movies, music? How would you go on a date or take a vacation?

Are you going to grow tomatoes in your backyard to trade for a cell phone? Maybe some cucumbers traded for a computer?

What can you do, grow, make, or what service can you provide to sustain your MODERN life?

Paper money is simply the intermediary for bartering and trading.

Or do you somehow deserve a free ride through life without work, sweat, sacrifice, responsibility, and saving?

With the automation that we're capable of currently, yes I think I do. I should be free, to live my life, while I'm provided a place to sleep, and have food. I'm a human being.
edit on 27-1-2012 by cbankord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Anymore i look at money as just paper with ink on it. After you see how much the US is in debt then realize how much more times the US is really in debt it puts things into perspective. It just paper with ink on it.

Too bad we don't live in a world where everything is free, greed isn't a factor, and everyone works in fields that they are passoniate about. I would much rather live in a society like that than the current one.
edit on 28-1-2012 by mojo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

Then start making it so. You have to be the change. First, cut out all the rubbish in your life. Don't buy or subscribe to anything that isn't directly linked to your happiness. This is really important. Keep tightening your belt and see where you are then. See how little it really takes to keep yourself quite content. It will amaze you just how much crap gets into our lives because we *think* we want something. We don't. The less you read magazines or watch tv will demonstrate just how much doesn't matter at all.

My husband is a great tv-holic. He also reads certain magazines faithfully and his morning newspaper is a must. He absolutely has to have the latest Apple gadget. He's a total n00b with tech. It took over a year to teach him to use email. Yes, it really did! LOL He cannot fathom technology. But he's a turned into a middle-age hipster. It's so amusing.

And then there's me. I swore of magazines and so forth years ago. Haven't watched tv in a blue moon. I don't even listen to it. I am online for a few hours per day and even so, my exposure to ads is limited (god bless you, adblock) but somehow I get wind of things by other means. I had a dream one night of a new game and it looked....big. Chunky. That's now my game. I dreamed of Minecraft. That's how I find out about new stuff that I will like. I'm tapped in.

Tap in. That's where you find what is you.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Eh its life. If it makes feel better its mostly down to numbers on screens and plastic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Your Dad has been working the past 30 years at jobs he hates to support YOU, because he loves you and takes his responsibilities seriously. Someday you'll understand. Money is very spiritual. It's energy. He gave his life's energy to you. Appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

Appreciate that my dad helped support me? Absolutely. Appreciate that he had to work at jobs he hated because that's what some random person decided was how we're going to set up society? Not so much.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
For a few moments think about our entire modern world.

Without money who would do the incredibly disgusting, filthy, or dangerous jobs?
How would we get people to fill all of the jobs that create all of our technology, medicine, etc.?

Without currency systems, we would revert to a dark age or become an ant colony.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

What am I seeing? Are you seriously asking these questions? Can you reason no further than that?

Technology can and should be used to improve life for us all. There should be no dangerous jobs and there is no reason there should be except that to the wealthy, the poor are worthless and are a self-renewing resource. Remove money from the equation.

What "filthy" jobs? I personally like cleaning. I LOVE IT! I always have. All things being the same, people will do the jobs they feel most suited and happy to do. Why would you do a job you hate when you don't have to? When you can follow your heart in every aspect of your life, why would you not? Some people need change every day to keep them interested. Some people need heavy routine. There are all sorts on this planet. There is room for us all.

How can you advocate a money-based system? Are you not seeing it in its death throes right now? Do you think that's accidental or unfortunate? It is as it must be. This system has run its course. Let it die quickly and let's move on to living as benevolent beings.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

The native indians of the americas lived in harmony with nature for many thousands of years without money,without bibles,without jails and they didnt even have a word for stealing...

Then came the arrogant,self centered europeans,living for the love of money,trying to control nature,perpetually at war with everything they dont understand,whos sweeping desolation has turned vast portions of america into steel and concrete jungles filled with crime and disease,violent gangs and drug addicts,in only a couple of hundred years...

edit on 28-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

For a few moments think about our entire modern world.

Without money who would do the incredibly disgusting, filthy, or dangerous jobs?
How would we get people to fill all of the jobs that create all of our technology, medicine, etc.?

Without currency systems, we would revert to a dark age or become an ant colony.

I would do disgusting, filthy, or dangerous jobs for no pay. Why? Because they need to be done. If everybody else is too disgusted or afraid to do them, I'll step up and do it. Why? Because that's who I am. I take care of other people and have always taken care of other people. No money required.

Reading this thread gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I have never liked money or the idea of money, and people fighting over money just gives me incredible sadness and an overwhelming sense of tiredness.

Yes, I use money in my life.

But, I do not need money to live.

Life, to me, is about loved ones and enjoying what time I am given on this planet.

I would do just fine without any technology or luxuries. Sure, I appreciate and enjoy what technologies and luxuries I do currently "own". I've even "earned" them by working for money. But, these technologies and luxuries are just superficial - they are entertaining and fun and interesting and nice and useful and convenient.

But, they are not what I need to live.

I need air, water, sunlight, food, shelter, and love.

I have these things.

I am happy with these things.

I am happy, no money required.
edit on 1/29/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yes, crash and burn evil system!

Bring on the chaos, it can't possibly be any worse than where we R heading.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

I am not talking about farming and living poorly just to get out of the system.There are a community of scientits living in the amazon, they warned the world governments about their actions and the possible concequences and since these governments didnt listen, these scientist left to create their own community, and trust me they probably live better than us people living in big cities...
Knowlege is the key, right now we depend on this monetary system, most of us have to work 9 to 5 in jobs we dont like just to pay bills and feed our families...
This system of thought doesnt actually want us to be the best we can be and perfect our skills infinetly, they just want you to study something get a job in your field,work work and then retire...
A real human should be alot of things not just one thing. i mean one should a singer and a great cook ,a fantastic farmer and studying to be a doctor...
What will these people do when the average human knows how to create infinite energy by himself without the neeed of big corporations, remember energy is everything, its what has built this great country.
If the average human can access power that great he can do watever he wants, he can work, study, get money not because he must do so to survive but simply because he wants to...
I dont know if you get what i,m trying to say here

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

reply to post by blocula

reply to post by ottobot

I am in support of life, freedom, happiness, and peace. I am in support of love, harmonious-unity, and respect for mankind, animals, plants, and existence.

I am not in favor of debt-based economies... fractional-reserve lending... or economic slavery.

It is so time-consuming to have to keep back-tracking to defend myself. Take my words at face-value without adding in assumptions or assumed supplementary concepts.

I am talking about the concept of money in general. This is not in support of debt-based currency.

All too often we focus on a symptom instead of the cause. We complain about a problem without discussing any solutions. That is what I see in this thread, and that is the reason I am posting the way I am.

Money is not the problem. Money is not the root of evil. Money only serves as the catalyst to manifest what is within each one of our hearts. Greed, selfishness, materialism, apathy, covetousness, and pride are the diseases already found within the hearts of mankind. Money only exemplifies wickedness or righteousness. Some kill for money, some give money freely to help others. Money is not the issue, the heart of mankind is the root issue.

Money is the intermediary to bartering and trading. Money is the trade-off of time, work, and energy. Nothing else.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Our civilization has made a pathological use of it. It has given us means to do horrible things to each other and to ourselves. We sell our time cheap so that we can survive. We are so caught up in the chase for money that we have long ago signed away our rights as sovereign beings. There is no choice but to destroy this system and practice only benign means for some time until we can instill missing ..I want to say morals but I will opt for benevolence instead. We must learn to be kind. There is no reason for the negativity we have allowed to gain momentum in our society. We don't have to be like this. There is no good reason for it. Anything we do to perpetuate it in any way *when we specifically know better* is unjustifiable. As rational yet emotional beings, we must demand better of ourselves.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My questioning is to allow solutions to come forth. My questions are not based on support of debt-based currency or economic slavery.

If we create a moneyless system for the good of mankind... who is going to regulate this system? Who will organize this system? Who will control this system?

What will stop such organization or regulation from becoming a world-wide controller? A communistic rule where the masses work for the better good while the leaders control for the "better good?" This will turn us into a human bee hive or ant colony. It will have us valued as Mao valued his common-class workers.

Sewage maintenance.... skyscraper window cleaners... massively tall antenna maintenance... who really wants to work in fecal matter or risk their lives while others can live free off of the system or have cleaner and easier jobs?

Are we going to rely on honest volunteers? What if everyone decided they didn't want to clean sewers or collect trash for a few days? Do we wait for volunteers that feel like doing it?

What will determine who gets a safe, clean job or a filthy dangerous job? What will determine who is a worker or an organizing leader of the system?

All I see is complaining about central banking type economies with no solutions at all being offered.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

And this is exactly why I said this in my second reply to this thread;

Money is not the problem. Materialism is. Placing money's value over human life is the problem. Placing the value of material things above human life is the problem.

So we are back to square one. Money is not the problem. Materialism and Ego is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join