It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I looked at my cash and realized a few things just now...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

This is exactly why we need to really audit the Federal Reserve. It has to start somewhere and the manipulation behind the Federal Reserve system can be proven and those tyrants behind it all can be held accountable. Follow the Money.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I looked at my cash just now and realized that whether I live or die largely depends upon how glorified toilet paper I possess.

I realized that my dad has been working himself to the bone, mostly at jobs he hates, for 30 years for people that don't appreciate with him for glorified toilet paper.

I realized that all the politicians' corruption, all the banking fraud, the money laundering, the warmongering for oil and defense contractor profiteering, all of it.

Every. single. last. thing.

About nothing more than the chase for glorified toilet paper.

And now I think I'm finally beginning to understand what a joke this entire system really is.

Join the club. Nice to have you. Don't forget that with the rise of debit cards and credit cards, you'd be hard pressed today to see paper money transactions. And what are debit/credit cards except "invisible" money? usually people say "you have to see it to believe it", in this case that doesn't matter. Do we even have enough gold to back the money in circulation?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I fail to see the importance of paper money or any money in general. I mean if it really comes down to it, what use is it. Those american dollars are not out there going to work, farming food, or any type of physical work at all. You most certainly would not be able to eat the gold if it suddenly became truely useless for bartering purposes. Money does not physically make anything possible, the workers do that. The money is just used as an incentive to work and then we give it right back to them in the form of buying their crappy products. Another form of control IMO.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

How do you propose that we are able to obtain what we need, want, and desire without money?

How do we ensure people pull their fair share of society's work?

How do we ensure trash gets picked up, sewage systems are maintained, and building windows get cleaned without monetary incentive? Who gets the safe, clean, and fun jobs? Who gets the dangerous, filthy, and boring jobs?

In principle, money is the fair exchange of time and energy to be used to purchase necessities, goods, and services.

Debt-based currency is the problem.
Fractional-reserve lending is the problem.
Materialism is the problem.
Greed, Selfishness, Apathy, Covetousness, and Waste are problems.
Ego is a problem.
Placing material things above life is a problem.

Money is not the problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

You are thinking very small, my friend. Very small. And you fail to understand that when we are all given the right to choose our career because it is what we love doing, there will be people doing only what they love. There will be people doing everything because it's in their hearts to do so. There are people who love doing whatever job.

You are thinking that things will still be on the clock. You are thinking that people don't move without monetary incentive. You have forgotten the heart. You have forgotten that the people who do the crappiest jobs get the worst pay too. How about we invert that now? How about the crappiest jobs get the MOST pay? That would be fair, in my opinion. Anyway, science should spend more time devising ways to improve the quality of our lives instead of chasing money. It only chases money now. There is not honor and no love there. Business is the same. No love, no honor. Criminal. Bring love into the equation and everything changes.

Think bigger. Think without a box at all. Expand your mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Those who invented money planted the seeds that grew and blossomed into money being used as a weapon of domination and a tool of control...

Once cattle was considered live currency,but the herds of animals became too large to bring along for trading,so in 1500 BC,the Phoenicians invented metal money...

Who Invented Money? > www.michaelppowers.com...
edit on 30-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

My point is that even if money didn't exist, everything we need is still here. People, supplies, materials etc. The only worth that money has is the worth WE give it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Love definitely needs to be in the equation. As I said, money is not the problem. The problem is the state of the human condition. These types of dreams can not come true until people see each other as people... as them selves. Nationalism, skin color, religion, class, caste, wealth, gender, political party.... hell, we even separate ourselves based on what type of music we listen to, what type of sports team we like, what type of entertainment we enjoy! We even get pulled into this separation based on knowledge and intellect. Even the best of us get disillusioned based on our presumed righteousness, enlightenment, and awakening!

Money is not the problem. The separation induced by Ego is our biggest problem. As I said, money is only the catalyst that allows us to manifest what we hold in our hearts. Money is merely the societal scapegoat to our inner character.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Love definitely needs to be in the equation. As I said, money is not the problem. The problem is the state of the human condition.

Humanities almost total lack of empathy,compassion and love for each other...

The breaking of our solidarity through media induced fear and hate...

The completely unnecessary class seperation that money creates,which causes an i,me,mine additude...

The government installed rat race that the vast majority of people are forced to do or die and comply with without a choice or say in the matter...

The vast majority of people live posessed by materialistic illusions...
edit on 30-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Everything we need is here for us, just as is provided to the birds, ants, and flowers. There is no argument there.

Our use, abuse, slavery, and oppression regarding money is only a symptom of deeper issues. Before we can become a world that helps and shares for the better good of all, we must get rid of our prejudices of each other. We must realize there is one humanity, one earth, and one existence that binds us all together.

As long as we keep blaming money, we are only looking at the symptom and not the root cause.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Tptb want our solidarity broken,they want our family structure fractured,they want helping eachother the last thing on our minds.They want the mainstream left alone and in the dark,only seeing what they want us to see through rose colored glasses as we are swept along by their iron fisted threats of forclosure,homelessness, starvation,prison and death if someone dares to rock their boat upon their ocean of domination and control...

They force us live our only lives perpetually worried about greed and materialism,so much so that the vast majority of us have been warped and twisted,changed from who and what we once were as a society not so long ago.We have been turned into work robots and money slaves posessed by temporary illusions that only wither and fade and return to the dust from where they came...

We have been dumbed down,drugged up and blinded.We are sheeple led so very far astray from what really matters,our empathy,our compassion and our love...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Everything we need is here for us, just as is provided to the birds, ants, and flowers. There is no argument there.

Our use, abuse, slavery, and oppression regarding money is only a symptom of deeper issues. Before we can become a world that helps and shares for the better good of all, we must get rid of our prejudices of each other. We must realize there is one humanity, one earth, and one existence that binds us all together.

As long as we keep blaming money, we are only looking at the symptom and not the root cause.

Of course it's not the only problem but it is a part of the problem. I totally agree with your view on humanity but it may be easier to get rid of all money. It will take something drastic to make people want to come together. I don't know if the world is ready for that. We can't even agree on simple matters, let alone a huge undertaking like world unity.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

That time is coming. But we have no need for money. We cannot own the resources of the planet and it's only ego that makes us think we can. Our labors have to be for ourselves via our love, but without those labors giving joy to others and us receiving appreciation for them in return, there will be no moving on.

I have been unemployed for soon four full years. I have thirty years work experience, but I'm a middle-aged woman in a foreign country that happens to be fairly xenophobic as well as ageist (like most places, right?) so now I give my time to divorced mothers who work really hard for their money and might like to have some time with their children when they get home. I do all sorts of things to help them from cleaning their homes to walking their dogs to making their meals to anything else they need done. They all appreciate it a great deal and I am compensated generously but I never set the manner nor the amount of compensation. I ask only that they appreciate it. I have left off three such households because the women had some illusion that I was an employee or otherwise beholden to their charity. They found out rather quickly that this was not the case. I know they regret losing my services, but they are insulted by my attitude. lol They did not appreciate my efforts. I had no place giving them my energy. I lost income, so my debts are being paid off slower now, but so be it.

Another woman contacted me today. We were introduced before Christmas but I never heard from her again. She explained why today. After the new year, they fell on hard times and although she really could use my services to help her regain her sanity (her words) she feels she has no right to ask now since they cannot pay. I told her that money wasn't an issue and that my offer still stands. I miss being needed by someone to get a job done and that will be accepted quite happily as recompense on my part. Once she regains her equilibrium we can discuss then what happens. Maybe she won't need me anymore, maybe she will repay me in some form other than money. It may end up being money though. Who knows? I would love for someone to give me the effort I give them. But for now we use money. It will change though. I am building a lot of good karma on my side - my side being the "love for/of labor" side - and I am pushing that out to the world as much as I can.

That woman replied that she hears a lot of people saying that these days but that I sound too good to be true. I am not at all. I am exactly true! And every unemployed person could do the same as I do. Put your love out there in every way you can. It will come back to you but hopefully it will make a lot of stops along the way.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Really, I mean no disrespect, but you are illustrating lack of responsibility in your reply.

"If someone told you to jump off a bridge would you?"

No one forced anyone to take on a indebted loan to "buy" a house. What happened to apartments or renting?

No one forced anyone to take on a loan full of interest to "buy" a new car. What happened to public transit, walking, bicycling, or car-pooling?

No one forced anyone to buy goods and services with credit cards or loans.

What ever happened to saving... patience... humility... contentment... responsibility?

'TPTB' did not make anyone become debt slaves!!!!! 'They' only created the catalyst, created a debt-based system, gave us the choice, and let us hang ourselves. 'They' are coming down heavy with their control system now... but only because WE let it go this far.

We are responsible for the mess of the world, not any superficial "them."

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Toilet Paper currency is the trading of 'trust' or 'confidence' That paper only holds 'value' as long as those around you still trust in it. Therefore they will sell goods, property, and labor in order to earn that little bit of trust. Fiat currency, as well as any other currency (including trade bartering) are dependent on the state of confidence/trust [even wheat, barley, etc.]. In my opinion, I feel that no matter if we use gold, USD, Yen, Won, Yuen, EU, whatever... the people will still want a compact way of doing 'business.' Which avoids having to bring 10 tons of Wheat to trade for 5 Android Tablets. As long as there are greedy SOBs behind the money mediation scene, we will never be 'free from money.' It is those corrupt, money controllers, creating and destroying prosperity at any given time.
reply to post by bojimbo

You are absoltely right that the currency is based on "trust and confidence, but it is also a government IOU.

The real problem is the US owes China about 1148.3b, Japan about 956.8b, United Kingdom about 421.6b, Oil Exporters 229.9b, and All Others 211.5b. And the US really doesn't seem to have any intention of paying them back. It's why the world is losing more and more confidence in the US's currency everyday. It's one of the reasons why many countries are seriously discussing ditching the dollar for trade especially in the trade for oil. And seriously, if the US won't even honor the trillions it owes to other countries, do you think they care about honoring the pretty green IOUs they hand to their citizens.

The fact is if all the other nations finally lose complete confidence in the dollar, cut their losses and dump it, it will devalue exponentially and hyperinflation will set in and then it really will be colorful toilet paper. One only has to look at history and other nations whose currencies have collapsed and you will read many stories and even see wild pictures of people rolling around wheel barrels of cash just trying to buy the basics like bread. Hell, being from the south I can probably still find and get stacks of confederate currency, unfortunately it's worthless because everyone lost confidence in it the day after the end of the civil war. And, in the end that is the problem, if other nations lose confidence in the currency, it will devalue so much even the citizens will no longer be able to feign confidence in it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

We become homeless without money...We starve without money...We die without money...What kind of trust is that?...Money is evil and its created and controlled by tptb who force it down our throats...And tptb use it as a weapon of domination and a tool of control...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Thank you. I hope you realize that my outlook on the world is not much different than yours. Service To Others is a path we should all be striving for. No need to mention my efforts, but know that I too am helping mankind and earth, because I know there is only One. No separation, no separate selves, only One.

I am not a big fan of blaming money for the world's problems when I can clearly see it is a matter of our hearts, not any material paper or currency. I try to see the root causes, not focus on symptoms. I try to focus on solutions, not complain about problems. This is the state of mind behind my replies to this thread.

We can not get rid of money and expect everyone to help, share, and care until we work on sharing, caring, and helping. We will not share, care, or help until we all KNOW that there is only WE, not 'us' and 'them.'

edit on 1/30/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Imagine the state of people's hearts when we "can't expect them to just jump up and do what's right". That, if any ever anywhere, is a sad statement about humanity. I would like to think otherwise. I must believe otherwise or there is no point to my continued existence.

You know, when I was young, I used to save my allowance for months and buy gifts for my family and friends. I would listen and observe everyone very carefully to gain some insight into what they would like to have. One time, when I had done this for some time, my mother told me that buying stuff for people wouldn't make them love me more. Well yes, my mother is a pretty selfish and cold person, it must be said, but that's not the point either. lol The point is that this was her reaction to my behavior. Not only did she not appreciate it but she saw it as manipulation.

Some people will never understand, but Sahabi dear, let's not be one of them. Let's not even consider those people. We want good for everyone and we will do whatever it takes to promote goodness on this planet, right? We're here on the side of the light. Let's shine it all over creation.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ecossiepossie

Stock up on canned food, it could be worth more than gold when the SHTF.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Youre right, it is just paper, although considering how many germs live on money i wouldnt use it as toilet paper. It just shows the power of suggestion. We criticize religions for believing in fairy tales but meanwhile we work real hours in exchange for fairy tale money. Have we really advanced beyond the age of paying the church to absolve us from sins? I think not. On the plus side whenever you hear a politician making millions through lobbying you can rest assured its just glorified toilet paper. If it is inherently worthless then a million of it doesnt add to its worth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join