It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I looked at my cash and realized a few things just now...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I looked at my cash just now and realized that whether I live or die largely depends upon how glorified toilet paper I possess.

I realized that my dad has been working himself to the bone, mostly at jobs he hates, for 30 years for people that don't appreciate with him for glorified toilet paper.

I realized that all the politicians' corruption, all the banking fraud, the money laundering, the warmongering for oil and defense contractor profiteering, all of it.

Every. single. last. thing.

About nothing more than the chase for glorified toilet paper.

And now I think I'm finally beginning to understand what a joke this entire system really is.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I hope toilet paper becomes glorified as I just stocked up on it.

link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I looked at my cash just now and realized that whether I live or die largely depends upon how glorified toilet paper I possess.

I realized that my dad has been working himself to the bone, mostly at jobs he hates, for 30 years for people that don't appreciate with him for glorified toilet paper.

I realized that all the politicians' corruption, all the banking fraud, the money laundering, the warmongering for oil and defense contractor profiteering, all of it.

And now I think I'm finally beginning to understand what a joke this entire system really is.

welcome to the club, relax and understand that knowing is only half the fun.

link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

My money isn't worth it anymore... I hate it I just want to stay in with my boys after paying bills and every time I check my account I hate looking at the numbers because earning it takes a significant amount of time away from my children.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
yea its to bad it takes being broke to realize that it is toilet paper .

But where were these thoughts when you had the money , lol

When people have lots of the toilet paper , then its not so bad :p they can live with fiat currency ...

its only when that toilet paper runs low that people go WTF , im tired of this bs . stupid politicians stupid banks...

even though through the good times you enjoyed those perks , now those perks are limited ,and the frustration is you want more !

kinda like some of the OWS students who want others to pay for there tuition

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Even as a kid with all the perks, I was still 12 or 14 before I realized that those green pieces of paper actually had real value. The concept never really has had much meaning to me. I simply have begun to have a full appreciation for how much of a joke the whole thing is now.

So, where were those thoughts? Swirling in the back of mind even then. I simply wasn't mature enough or experienced enough to frame them correctly.

I actually don't want more...I want a new system.
edit on 24-1-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
We are owned by fiat currency that isn't even worth the paper it's printed on

Don't worry, pretty soon we will all be using RFID chips or transactions, no more money.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Glorified toilet paper and also glorified ones and zeros on a magnetic card . Will be more so if more countries start using gold to buy oil.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
if anyone has money and no longer cares to use it, pass it my way and see it well spent.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You know, there should be at least a one month policy grievance, where we shouldn't have to pay any bills, (since we have been such loyal clients on paying on time) Where we can keep our paycheck for a full month to do whatever we want with it.

President should introduce that policy, so us poor folks can get ahead, and stop scraping.

I bet my paycheck this week won't even make it too $60. Yeah, like I can live off that.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
And that is why I by super cheap toilet paper, because just like the world, I can wipe and flush it away. Truthfully, I never understood why people buy expensive toilet paper, when you wipe your butt, do you want to do it with gold?????
We live in a messed up world, if you chose to see it that way. It is the perception that matters more than what is really happening, and it is how you react to it that counts.
I have had to give up everything I own a few times in the last few years, and honestly, I am better for it. The system is corrupt and it based on disposability, why? Because everyone needs a good wipe, and that is what makes the money. However, that philosophy is what has gotten us where we are today, I hear ya....I think.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Toilet Paper currency is the trading of 'trust' or 'confidence'

That paper only holds 'value' as long as those around you still trust in it.
Therefore they will sell goods, property, and labor in order to earn that little bit of trust.
Fiat currency, as well as any other currency (including trade bartering) are dependent on the state of confidence/trust [even wheat, barley, etc.].

In my opinion, I feel that no matter if we use gold, USD, Yen, Won, Yuen, EU, whatever... the people will still want a compact way of doing 'business.' Which avoids having to bring 10 tons of Wheat to trade for 5 Android Tablets.

As long as there are greedy SOBs behind the money mediation scene, we will never be 'free from money.'
It is those corrupt, money controllers, creating and destroying prosperity at any given time.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I wonder if money can actually make good toilet paper? When the dollar crashes we need to find alternate uses for all this green junk lying around

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
As the saying goes mate,

Money is the root of all evil

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think your totally right. I'm a single father of 2. I got this job 7 years ago. I come in every day and hardly call in sick. I do overtime when there is some. Now. Every year since I got this job, which pays well, I needed to cut back on my spending so I could pay the bills. Now I'm up to a point where I can't cut back anymore. I never really did much out of the house in the past 7 years and now I have to do even less...if that's humanly possible. IMHO, It is glorified toilet paper and to tell you the truth. I can't wait 'till the SHTF. Reset everything and start from scratch.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

We have plastic money in Canada now...

second line

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

so papers are guilty now? why do u consider them for your #
it is incredible how you mean smthg by being the opposite

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Do you really want to walk around the city center trying to trade a wooden ladder you made for a chicken for dinner?

Without this glorified toilet paper, your only money will be the goods that YOU produce and the services that YOU can give..... that is, if anyone is even willing to trade what you have for what you want/need.

Give me my glorified toilet paper!

edit on 1/24/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

You're absolutely right my friend.
I'm happy you finally "get it". It is the Truth.
Well said.

Thanks for a good post.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Money is not the problem. Materialism is. Placing money's value over human life is the problem. Placing the value of material things above human life is the problem.

Apparently none of you are off the grid or living on the land, as we are all talking on the internet, which is a luxury.

Without money, how would you guys get your food? Your transportation, clothing, medicine? How about electricity, water, sewage, gas, petro? How will you get Internet, radio, television, movies, music? How would you go on a date or take a vacation?

Are you going to grow tomatoes in your backyard to trade for a cell phone? Maybe some cucumbers traded for a computer?

What can you do, grow, make, or what service can you provide to sustain your MODERN life?

Paper money is simply the intermediary for bartering and trading.

Or do you somehow deserve a free ride through life without work, sweat, sacrifice, responsibility, and saving?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join