It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by PaxVeritas

I dont know about T & C but I do know I am totally confused by your post.
Am I the gray haired old woman ?

Legislation of your testees ? No the church takes care of that. See my post on masturbation above.

No, I wasn't talking about you.

Geeez

ok just checking.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
don't want my money paying for it,

don't want my money paying for welfare either

don't want you in my personal business

don't want you in my decision making

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I guess if you dont understand it you dont understand it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Sorry so snarky...I thought as Paul supporter you would agree with what I was saying, you caught me off guard there....close bases, end the fed, phase out entitlements and stop using taxpayer money for everyone's bad choices....that's what I say.

Agreed. but then again there are REALLY poor women who can't afford the pills and who REALLY should not be having kids.I live in Los Angeles. Take a stroll downtown sometime. A sight to see. Women having babies that are cracked out and insane. Better them having a 'free' pill than having a child with 3 ears and missing a nose.

And on the other end the ones that are having kids like rabbits are told by their Catholic Church contraception is a no no. End result, tons of people going more BROKE having babies.

It's a logic/ education issue with BOTH sides screwing up the masses.

It's all FUBAR

edit on 24-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Why even be afraid of mistakes happening, when we have an easy way to correct them after the fact (abortions)?

Of course if you think abortions are evil, then I understand. I dont see them as evil, so the whole point about "responsibility" does not matter to me. Its fine to be irresponsible when we can correct the mistakes.

Anyway, we have empirical evidence that free birth control and education is far better in preventing unwanted pregnancies than trying to push abstinence (compare abortion rates in the US and for example in Scandinavia). So if you want to prevent evil abortions, fund contraception. Abstinence does not work, and never will.

link   

Brain activity at 6 weeks.

From your source:

"not until the end of week 5 and into week 6 (usually around forty to forty-three days) does the first electrical brain activity begin to occur. This activity, however, is not coherent activity of the kind that underlies human consciousness, or even the coherent activity seen in a shrimp's nervous system."

Brainwaves appear at 5th month of pregnancy. Thats when higher brain turns on for the first time. Thats when I began to exist, and acquired the right to life.
edit on 24/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by karen61057

No your thinking about it wrong.

I think its nice. You think its dirty. ( I think hmm I dont know) I do know:
If you think its a pain in the ass you're doing it wrong.
LOL.
I'm a girl , I can make anything pretty with bows and ribbons.

My humor went over your head again. LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Moral of the story.

More women need to close their legs, more men need to be selective about their sexual partners and all involved should us contraception like it's candy if they have a high sex drive.

Maybe that'll help.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by abecedarian
reply to post by Indigo5

How about the forming of a zygote, or maybe blastula?
And that doesn't happen often in a lab, save for the purpose of artificial insemination.

edit on 1/24/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

I would not define "human life" by whether or not it can be/or is created often in a lab or not. I am not sure you understood my post.

What qualities of a zygote or blastula distinguish it as warranting "personhood"?

Cell replication? Genetic instructions? Both of those are present in tissue that we would not consider a "person".

Well, if you knew what a zygote or blastula were, you'd know the answer to your own question.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

.I have a bright idea how about personal responsibility and suffering for your mistakes?

What about the child? With unwanted pregnancies, it is not only about personal responsibility, as the unwanted child will suffer, too. Easily available contraception and abortion are both very good ways to prevent their suffering.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
Why does someone who is Pro Choice have to be "liberal"?

I take those political tests and I always end up in the Libertarian quadrant, just left of center. Because, unlike most people (left and right) who spout on endlessly about "freedom and rights", yet only support those rights with which they agree, I actually support equality and freedom for all.

What is the litmus for this term 'alive'?
If so, that's a very shoddy benchmark.

Agreed. If I'm doing something morally wrong every time I swat a fly, eat a steak or kill a houseplant, I'm in more trouble than I can even imagine!

reply to post by AwakeinNM

And you're just clueless about what life is.

Fill me in, then... What is life?

And frankly I am tired of hearing liberals use the same crutch over and over: It's LEGAL, it's LEGAL.

You said killing unborn babies is a crime.

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Killing unborn babies is a crime, not a choice.

It's not. It's legal. This is not a crutch, it's just a fact. Abortion is legal. You may think it's morally reprehensible. But it is legal and not a crime.

Roe v. Wade should be overturned if for nothing else but to shut you up.

1. You want me to shut up?
Thanks. I must be making some good points.

2. Knowing my position, you think I would shut up if Roe V Wade was overturned???
You think you're tired of hearing from me now... I'd be on a rampage for real.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

How about the forming of a zygote, or maybe blastula?
And that doesn't happen often in a lab, save for the purpose of artificial insemination.

edit on 1/24/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

I would not define "human life" by whether or not it can be/or is created often in a lab or not. I am not sure you understood my post.

What qualities of a zygote or blastula distinguish it as warranting "personhood"?

Cell replication? Genetic instructions? Both of those are present in tissue that we would not consider a "person".

Well, if you knew what a zygote or blastula were, you'd know the answer to your own question.

I know precisely what they are and you have chosen not to answer the question.

What qualities of a zygote or blastula [specifically] distinguish it as warranting "personhood"?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

So I guess "far-right" to yo uis anyone who believes life begins at conception , so ok that is pretty typical. I guess Janet Napolitano might agree. Also we wear Brooks Bros clothing and tote guns around.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Seriously why the # is this thread on the homepage.

2nd... bitch

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think for as long as we live in a world that can find justification in the killing of innocents whether by war, or by animal slaughter, we just need to accept killing little babies in the womb is sometimes a necessary evil. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

If it's "taxpayer money" it's not your it's decision it's whoever is paying taxes.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I understand that "pulling out" as you so crassly put it is not part of "taxpayers paying for birth control" so your reply made no sense.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You don't get my point that it is not the taxpayers responsibility to be paying for other people's irresponsibility.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
If you are anti-abortion for religious reasons, fine. That's your protected right. IF you're pro-abortion, that's fine also. What I don't understand is the conservative political view on abortion.

Basically, the life begins at conception and under no circumstances should it be allowed for a woman to end a pregnancy willfully. However, if there is no way financially to care for said baby...once the kid is born you're on your own! No government assistance for the child you knew you could not care for!

Well, there is a moral and ethical question when the woman's life in in danger due to complications in the pregnancy. I also would not want a womwn who was raped and impregnated against her will to be forced. If she wanted to give it up for adoption that would be a good solution.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You won't get it, because you have a lower regard for life in general, at least that is what I get from your posts. Low regard for life in general leads to a lawless, animalistic society...I thought the whole purpose of evolution was to become more and more civilized?
edit on 24-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join