It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sypher209

you took the words out of my mouth .

as long as people dont push their beliefs on me then i think they have the right to believe in whatever they feel is right to them, but the minute it stops being okay with me is when at the age of 13 i got raped by a 22 year old skid in a tent... found out i was pregnant a month before my 14th birthday by this guy ... had to realize that at the age of 14, i definitely couldnt raise a child ... on my way to the abortion clinic was pure emotional H*LL for me . and then once i got there guess who was standing outside waiting for me ?? a whole crowd of pro lifers , who yelled at me , spat at me , and one even threw stuff at me !!! , If they knew my story or why i was there then maybe some of them would have thought twice about attacking me and pushing their beliefs on me.

but like i said , i have my opinion and the rest of the world has theirs, people just need to learn how to be more civil when it comes to expressing them

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xZombiexLovex

Well, that shut people up, didn't it?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

seams like it sure did, you never know on here though .

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Sorry. You didn't get my sarcasm I guess.

Did you mean this?

The last universal ancestor (LUA), also called the last universal common ancestor (LUCA), or the cenancestor, is the most recent organism from which all organisms now living on Earth descend.[1] Thus it is the most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all current life on Earth. The LUA is estimated to have lived some 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago (sometime in the Paleoarchean era).[2][

en.wikipedia.org...

or this

The timeline of human evolution outlines the major events in the development of human species, and the evolution of humans' ancestors. It includes a brief explanation of some animals, species or genera, which are possible ancestors of Homo sapiens. It does not address the origin of life, which is addressed by abiogenesis, but presents a possible line of descendants that led to humans. This timeline is based on studies from paleontology, developmental biology, morphology and from anatomical and genetic data. The study of human evolution is a major component of anthropology.

en.wikipedia.org...

or this

The chimpanzee-human last common ancestor (CHLCA, CLCA, or C/H LCA) is the last species, a species of African apes, that humans, bonobos and chimpanzees share as a common ancestor.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 29-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Anyway, back on the topic

The Pope seems to have an opinion of POTUS' endorsement of forced funding and support of abortion and contraceptive services.

“It is imperative that the entire Catholic community in the United States come to realize the grave threats to the Church’s public moral witness presented by a radical secularism which finds increasing expression in the political and cultural spheres,” he said Jan. 19 in an address to a group of American bishops visiting the Vatican.

Pope Benedict said that over the past few days many of the bishops have expressed concern over attempts in the U.S. to “deny the right of conscientious objection on the part of Catholic individuals and institutions with regard to cooperation in intrinsically evil practices.”
Meanwhile, other bishops raised the “worrying tendency to reduce religious freedom to mere freedom of worship” without guarantees of respect for freedom of conscience.

At present, the Obama administration is considering imposing a contraception and sterilization mandate that would require all insurance companies to provide those services free of charge. The regulation has a religious exemption clause, but it provides very few exceptions for Church organizations.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by beezzer

Morally, killing is a repugnant act. Abortion is no different. Government has replaced a sense of morality and value of life with the freedom of guilt or responsibility.

Do you think it is immoral to kill an amoeba? An insect? A plant?

Not all killing is immoral, and not all life is valuable. I just happen to believe human embryos are not valuable.

Some people do value plants and animals more than people. Especially worshipers of Gaia, the earth goddess conjured up by Global Warming scaremongers, members of Club of Rome who are into the Rockefeller depopulation agenda, and members of the UN.
edit on 29-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: sp

edit on 29-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by beezzer

Morally, killing is a repugnant act. Abortion is no different. Government has replaced a sense of morality and value of life with the freedom of guilt or responsibility.

Do you think it is immoral to kill an amoeba? An insect? A plant?

Not all killing is immoral, and not all life is valuable. I just happen to believe human embryos are not valuable.

Some people do value plants and animals more than people. Especially worshipers of Gaia, the earth goddess conjured up by Global Warming scaremongers, members of Club of Rome who are into the Rockefeller depopulation agenda, and members of the UN.
edit on 29-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: sp

edit on 29-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: typo

Some people are crazy. Its ridiculous to value unthinking life such as plants, lower animals or embryos over actual thinking beings.
I understand their value of sentient animals tough. While I dont think they should be valued more than humans, higher animals should have some rights. They are sentient to some level, and capable of suffering. Nothing wrong with animal rights advocates (if they are not extremists).

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

edit on 30/1/12 by Maslo because: doublepost

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Back to the original question by the OP, my answer is 'No'. I have never had one regret about having to give up everything to take care of my children. I have never viewed them as a burden, (though certainly a pain in the neck at times, but that's normal). I have no career out of the home, no job and as a family we are supported by a very hard working husband and father. But, I have grown more from sacrifice, or so I believe than I would have by following only what I want to do and be. It has made me grow. No university, college, or job could have given me the skills I have learnt, the deep education, and here I mean studying of many, many books, that I have taken up in order to furthur educate my own children. No one could have given me the empathy, fellow feeling and deeper understanding. For that I have one good man and my excellent children to thank. I am grateful to have not put being a 'wage slave' and 'luxury slave' before what really matters.

After all, the Hand that Rocks the Cradle Rules the World'. Is that what the so called 'Elite' are really afraid of, the growth in spirit of people who sacrifice everything and so learn and are able to teach their own that there is more to life than the God 'Money'?
edit on 30-1-2012 by Elliot because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Thank you Elliot! You get it!! I cannot add to your comments all I can say is thank you
for a beautiful, intellectual, well thought out post!

Pax

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Thank you, Pax. I am always relieved to see that others 'get it' as you put it. Women are being robbed of something far more important, worth while and valuable, than a career when they choose either not to have or to 'unburden' themselves of their children. Young women are being deceived when they are told in school that a career is more important than anything else. This, sadly is a blatant lie.
Adding to this, I just want to say that one of the equally most worthwhile endeavours that I was ever involved in was taking care of a dying relative who wished to die at home. The sacrifice of caring is enormous, but the growth of spirit cannot even be measured. This world holds nothing of any value that does not involve giving and sacrifice and that is what makes us Strong.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
Back to the original question by the OP, my answer is 'No'. I have never had one regret about having to give up everything to take care of my children. I have never viewed them as a burden, (though certainly a pain in the neck at times, but that's normal). I have no career out of the home, no job and as a family we are supported by a very hard working husband and father.

Welcome to women's Rights.

Its all about Rights.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
After all, the Hand that Rocks the Cradle Rules the World'. Is that what the so called 'Elite' are really afraid of, the growth in spirit of people who sacrifice everything and so learn and are able to teach their own that there is more to life than the God 'Money'?
edit on 30-1-2012 by Elliot because: spelling

Oops. Secret's out.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There is another thread about this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is now closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join