It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Rand Paul.
Not Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

How could this hurt Ron Paul? I think the detaining of his son can only HELP Ron's message!

Provide some reasoning behind your comments!

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It still helps Ron Paul.

If a Senator can be detained, then the intrusiveness of our Government, and the complete and total erosion of our liberties, and the lack of any common sense of enforcement officials becomes very apparent.

Ron is the only one up on the Republican stage fighting to RESTORE LIBERTY.

Also, it goes to show that Rand Paul is flying commercial. He is a regular guy, as is Ron. I guarantee you'll never see Romney or Santorum flying Coach!

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The object picked up on the scanner has been identified as a pocket Constitution. Immediately thereafter the airport was put on full lockdown.

Seriously though, given the way people hate the bureaucracy, this could only rebound to RP's advantage in the presidential race.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Mod's-Any chance you can clean up the multiple threads on this? I was guilty also as this OP beat my by a few minutes. I hear my laptop beep, but was making breakfast as the post came out on RP's FB page.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Rand Paul ahhh yes I posted as that was being made clear , still ....... I find It strange that they would detain a senator . It has to be some kind of jab at Ron.

ABC has an interesting video of Rand s opinion of the TSA up.
abcnews.go.com...
edit on 23-1-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Which Paul is being detained? Rand or Ron?

Either way I hope it gets cleared up and the situation doesn't escalate.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

A spokesman for TSA said the agency was looking into the matter but could not immediately comment.

Paul apparently set off an airport security full-body scanner, “on a glitch,” a spokesman in Paul’s office told ABC News.

The Paul staffer said TSA agents would not let Paul walk back through the body scanner and were demanding, according to the staffer, a full body pat-down.

ok here it is in the MSM.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
The object picked up on the scanner has been identified as a pocket Constitution. Immediately thereafter the airport was put on full lockdown.

I let out a good belly laugh on that one.

Yeah an offence like that is likely to get him black listed.

Star for you my friend.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Good reply.

Imagine if they had, had a security camera in the Oval Office when Monica was doing Bill.

The cameras and "security" are everywhere except where they should be.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't know if its anything to do with this?

Update from Rand Paul's facebook page earlier before he was detained...

Today I will speak to the March for Life in Washington DC. A nation cannot long endure without respect for the fundamental right to Life. Our Liberty depends on it.

I don't know anything about March for Life. Is it an important conference? If it is then could it be that certain individuals in te government have somehow tried to prevent him from speaking at it?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

no, ron paul said that rand was detained for REFUSING pat down when he was choosen for further screening...
the story is something was found on the body scanner....

this isn't a jab at the pauls...
the pauls are using this...

if you go through an airport scanner, it beeps, and then you refuse search, you will be detained...

if you are that much against TSA, DRIVE...

if the airports were to actually lose business, then i am sure they would be lobbying for policy change...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So, we have a domestic agency that Ron and Rand themselves have come against the MOST out of a handful of politicians and LO AND BEHOLD a 'glitch' went off and they demanded he be searched.

A U.S. Senator searched by the very ENTITY he has been legislating against for years along with his Father...................................................................................... who is a current Presidential candidate.

HAHAHA, Ron Paul stock just went up big time TSA.

Thanks SUCKERRRZZZZZ........

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
more sites with this story
www.politico.com...
edition.cnn.com...
rt.com...

Rand Paul wrote earlier in the day that he would be traveling to Washington, DC where he was to speak at a pro-life rally in the nation’s capital. Speaking of the right to life, Paul said online that a nation cannot long endure without it and wrote that “Our Liberty depends on it.”

www.facebook.com...
edit on 23-1-2012 by conar because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
So, we have a domestic agency that Ron and Rand themselves have come against the MOST out of a handful of politicians and LO AND BEHOLD a 'glitch' went off and they demanded he be searched.

A U.S. Senator searched by the very ENTITY he has been legislating against for years along with his Father...................................................................................... who is a current Presidential candidate.

HAHAHA, Ron Paul stock just went up big time TSA.

Thanks SUCKERRRZZZZZ........

refusing a pat down from TSA makes you more credible????

that works how????

i think it is a good story, as a senator is not getting special 'preferred' treatment... he has to be one with the people....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here this will help.

"But whoso looketh
into the perfect law of liberty,
and continueth therein,
he
being not a forgetful hearer,
but a doer of the work, this man
shall be
blessed
in
his
deed."

ACanadian.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Is Rand Paul now officially the only Senator to be detained by TSA?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

refusing a pat down from TSA makes you more credible????

that works how????

i think it is a good story, as a senator is not getting special 'preferred' treatment... he has to be one with the people....

Sure it does. It validates the things you have been preaching since 2010. Rand has been against TSA, and against intrusive measures which are expensive, cumbersome, invasive, and also useless! These measures do nothing to stop a terrorist, they are just for show to make people feel more comfortable about travel, and to justify more and more laws and govenmental powers!

So, being a convenient test-dummy, and illustrating the intrusiveness and ridiculousness of the whole procedure lends credence to the argument.

Instead of checking jihadists that fit a specific profile, we are stripping 10-year old boys down to their skivvies, and grandmothers in wheel chairs, and US Senators, but we are ignoring obvious potential threats because profiling is politically incorrect? What the hell good is the TSA again?

Not to mention, any half-ass terrorist worth his weight in salt could figure out how to bypass the security by bribing service personnel, or flying in on a private charter and getting into the secure area without going through TSA, or grabbing a connecting flight in some po-dunk farm town, and getting the good ol' boy treatment right through security and landing already pre-screened in an International Airport. TSA is worthless. Not to mention, the stupid 2 oz rule and baggy rule for liquids. Anybody know how many chemicals could be lethal in 2 oz increments? LOTS!

Either terrorists are the stupidest people on the planet, or they have no interest in attacking our planes, because there are many, many, many ways to circumvent the TSA security. Therefore, the TSA is all for show, and the terrorists must not be interested in us.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
Is Rand Paul now officially the only Senator to be detained by TSA?

Didn't Teddy Kennedy end up on the 'no-fly' list?
Anyway, if he flunked the scan, he ought to get the pat-down. That's what it's for.
Reminds me of our ex- MP and cabinet minister that created a screech-fest in an airport for refusing to take off her shoes before boarding. Did I mention ex?

Sheesh...for a website that eats up 'Manchurian Candidate' scenarios, I'm surprised this creates a ripple.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
reply to post by youdidntseeme

if you are that much against TSA, DRIVE...

if the airports were to actually lose business, then i am sure they would be lobbying for policy change...

What if are you talking about? Many of us have chosen not to subject ourselves or our families to this unwarranted intrusion. So obviously this causes them "to actually lose business", it may be difficult to quantify but it is happening. All I see happening with the TSA is a steady growth in both size and intrusion into our daily lives.

What will you tell those who do as you say and DRIVE when they are going through TSA checkpoints on our highways as has happened recently?

"if you are that much against TSA, WALK... "

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join