It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

He wasn't arressted, he wasn't detained, and he wasn't questioned.

He had to follow security protocol or couldn't be allowed to board the plane. He is free to go catch a cab if he doesn't want to follow the rules.

He is free to leave the airport whenever he wants...he is just being a drama queen crying that he got "detained".

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
US Constitution, article 1, section 6:

(The Senators and Representatives shall receive a Compensation for their Services, to be ascertained by Law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States.) (The preceding words in parentheses were modified by the 27th Amendment.) They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) - Kentucky U.S. Senator Rand Paul was held by TSA officials at Nashville International Airport Monday morning after an "irregularity" was found during the security screening process.

They must have turned up dignity and integrity. Likely, the TSA had never seen such things before, certainly not in each other, so expectedly they were startled and needed to investigate the situation a little more, as unknowns can be scary.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Oh, so sorry...he facebooked it....his daddy tweeted it.

He's still a drama queen...him and his daddy.

Oh, do you have PROOF it was HIM that "Facebooked" it? No you don't. There's more than ONE person manning the FB pages.

And his Father Tweeted it, so what? The TSA is an entity they have been fighting since the TSA was born.
It's a GO*DAMNED Senator being detained by the very Government outfit he has been legislating against.

But you're OBSESSED with anything Ron Paul related. Everyone here knows this, so it's no surprise you find things where things aren't. It's no surprise the real 'drama queen' here seeks to dig under rocks for anything negative against anything around Ron Paul.

You can make a cutesy little roll of your Smiley eyes in the post but people here are onto you and you're onto yourself. You know your only intent on ATS in Ron Paul threads is to keep a circular argument going. If it's not this issue it's another, and if it's not that you'll invent one.

You're not on ATS to share facts or contribute. You're here to smear Ron Paul by any means.

link   

Do NOT edit staff actions
edit on 1/23/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I leave you with the simple assertion that Congressmen, whether or not you personally agree with their individual stance, should not be held, detained, questioned in any search when on their travels to D.C. in a vote, or speech.

That's my personal interpretation of our Constitution.
I believe that our leaders, are trustworthy enough to pass through security.
That's what Mr. Paul clearly was traveling for.

But then again, the TSA is clearly unconstitutional.
But no one seems to care about that document anymore.
So why even bother?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

reply to post by havok

He wasn't arressted, he wasn't detained, and he wasn't questioned.

He had to follow security protocol or couldn't be allowed to board the plane. He is free to go catch a cab if he doesn't want to follow the rules.

He is free to leave the airport whenever he wants...he is just being a drama queen crying that he got "detained".

I guess it's easy for an armchair Eichmann such as yourself to demand a Senator who has business in a Legislative body to 'take a car'.

And you STILL cannot provide evidence that Rand Paul either Facebooked or Tweeted his detainment.

In other words, you're making stuff up.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Oh right...I forgot the Paul's use "ghost writers" and so they aren't responsible for anything written under their name.

And btw...he isn't being "detained". He refused a pat down, he wasn't allowed into the secure area. He is free to leave anytime he wishes.

I don't try to "smear" Ron Paul...he just keeps doing stupid things and I keep commenting on them. Imagine...Ron Paul...wanting special treatment for his own son because he is a high and mighty Senator...seems a little hypocritical when he talks about corruption in the government.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Discuss the topic: "Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA"

Not each other. Any further personal attacks, off topci remarks or violations of the T&C in general will result in post removals and a potential loss of posting privileges.

No other warnings will be provided.

Thank You.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Shouldn't everyone be cheering that they are holding US Senators to the same standards as everyday Americans???

The only people who would be cheering for that reason would be people like you, who apparently don't see the absurdity of the TSA body scanners and strip searches that were "allegedly" implemented to detect TERRORISTS, but have wound up being used on old people in wheelchairs wearing Depends.

However, for others who have common sense, the detention of Rand Paul borders on lunacy...unless you have some reason to be concerned that an al Qaeda operative has been posing as a U.S. senator all this time and has chosen this day to strap on a bomb for a suicide mission to blow up an American plane.

Feel free to break out the pom-poms and do your little cheer though......don't let me stop you.

RAW...RAW....RAW!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Oh right...I forgot the Paul's use "ghost writers" and so they aren't responsible for anything written under their name.

Straw Man. In other words you have no proof.

And btw...he isn't being "detained". He refused a pat down, he wasn't allowed into the secure area. He is free to leave anytime he wishes.

Every news report first out used the language 'detained'. So naturally everyone is thinking he was detained.

I don't try to "smear" Ron Paul...he just keeps doing stupid things and I keep commenting on them. Imagine...Ron Paul...wanting special treatment for his own son because he is a high and mighty Senator...seems a little hypocritical when he talks about corruption in the government.

Yet Ron Paul never said anything about 'special treatment' for his Son.

YOU DID!

In other words again, you're making stuff up, not contributing anything of value to ATS, not backing your claims.

You got nuthin.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I don't have to agree with a law to be happy that is being applied evenly.

If we are subject to these rules and regulations...than so should government officials.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Straw Man. In other words you have no proof.

Are you suggesting that his facebook was hacked???

Doesn't matter if he wrote it himself or not...he either approved it or he has no control over his staff...take your pick.

Ron and Rand are both crying about him having to follow the same rules that every other American has to follow.

I think power has gone to someones head.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by NightGypsy

I don't have to agree with a law to be happy that is being applied evenly.

If we are subject to these rules and regulations...than so should government officials.

And if we "The People" can protest such rules.....so can a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL.

You just debated yourself and WON.

Congrats, your logic just blew your own posts out of the water.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
CNN says this is all a lie.

CNN

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I do applaud TSA for not showing favoritism on the one hand, but on the other hand where is their common sense?

Well.....there is of course this meaningless piece of information...

Article 1, Section 6 - The Senators and Representatives shall receive a compensation for their services...

The Senators and Representatives shall receive a compensation for their services, to be ascertained by law, and paid out of the treasury of the United States. They shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place.

So in his case, "favoritism" is baked into the Constitution!

But like I said, that document is largely meaningless...

Just another day in this largely lawless country of ours...

edit on 23-1-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
He was not arrested.
He was not detained.
He was not attending a session of the House, nor returning from same.
He was not giving a speech or debate in the House...

No breach of Constitution.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 1/23/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He was questioned.

You left out that part.

edit on 23-1-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join