It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I am afraid that Ron Paul fell for the trap that was set for him. He now on his website is promoting "End the TSA!"... I agree with that completely and if people knew how much it costs to run the TSA in comparison to being done by private corporations they would not want it either but put plainly the way he put it scares people into thinking that he does not care about peoples safety and saying they do nothing to help us be safe is something people at this point do not want to hear... I love Ron Paul and everything he stands for. I always stand by him and still do. I just feel that he was set up to look like a crazy person from the start. I used to see millions in the donations section on RonPaul2012.com but I checked today and saw under $70,000. People are losing faith in his ability to win and he is running low on money to be able to continue campaigning. He will probably place last again in Florida, sadly, because nobody there knows him and he could not afford to run a proper campaign there. Hes using almost all of his other money in the 4 states following Florida in an attempt to gain more delegates. I truly believe he is our best chance to change America for the better. I hope that people are not losing hope. He needs all of our support now more than ever!!!

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Then why did Irwin Schiff spend time in prison? He advocates the same thing you do and fully understood the tax code and the law.

Irwin Schiff does not advocate the same thing I do, and unlike Schiff, I do not profess to understand the tax code. No one understands the tax code. No one. Especially you! So, given you have no understanding of the tax code, who the hell are you to bully others with it?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Dr. Paul wisely used this incident and started a "Stop the TSA Now" contribution campaign and so far the campaign has pocketed over $108,000 and still running strong.

Senator Paul was supposed to speak at the Annual D.C. March for Life and wasn't able to because he missed his flight.

Update: it's $109,000 now.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

Your efforts to expand the discussion are more than greatly appreciated. I am always amazed when people attempt to dismiss my assertions and understandings as being more philosophical than practical, as if philosophy is merely a luxury for the erudite or people with too much time their hands. The reality is that everyone has a philosophy and when they make their own assertions they are - assuming they actually believe what they are asserting - being "philosophical".

There is nothing at all impractical about philosophy and anyone who thinks they can function without a philosophy are not being practical at all. It matters not though, as everyone does have a philosophy and those who know this generally tend to develop that philosophy and be cause over it. Those who do not realize they have a philosophy are tragically the effect of their philosophy, which is generally a hodgepodge of aphorisms, maxims, rules of thumb, and even simple idioms and old wives tales they've absorbed throughout their lives.

In terms of cause versus effect, I am not so sure we need to rely on evolution in order to control these "urges" that are so problematic when it comes to living together socially. While it is self evident that it is the People who hold the inherent political power - and if the Arab Spring is not strong evidence of that self evidence then perhaps the word evidence needs to be more clearly defined - so technically speaking, regardless of the form of government, it is the People who govern.

I am a huge advocate of self government and I think I can understand your reticence to predict that such a form of governance, this self government, is a government that we can see in our life times. However, whichever lifetime such a form of government finally sees its day in the sun, it will most assuredly see that day because individuals have learned to be cause over their "urges" rather than the effect of them. Perhaps this cause will encourage nature to push humanity towards an evolved state where these "urges" no longer "plague" humanity, or perhaps, in being cause over them, we discover that many of these "urges" are not such a "plague" after all, and actually have very practical purposes.

While I feel confident you understand what I am getting at, here I am, once again, being "philosophical" about the "practical".

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by havok

He wasn't arressted, he wasn't detained, and he wasn't questioned.

He had to follow security protocol or couldn't be allowed to board the plane. He is free to go catch a cab if he doesn't want to follow the rules.

He is free to leave the airport whenever he wants...he is just being a drama queen crying that he got "detained".

Actually no he's not. Refusing to go through the scanner or have a pat down and and wanting to leave IS grounds to be detained by the TSA of which we have seen before.

Bit of confusion here, he had gone through a scanner, the result of that was he asked to go through again, (for me, 'nonce' is enough) and that actually, if you want to do it is pretty sensible if there could be a technical anomaly that needs sorting. The Silly Asses should have taken up his novel offer. For the first poster, he was detained..in a room.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Seriously TSA? I'm sure he's a terrorist...

Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA. We will update you as the situation develops.

TSA agents, having negative IQs since 1984! YES WE CAN!

Glenn Beck interviewed him today.

I am waiting to see is what Senator Rand Paul does about the TSA!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by Freenrgy2

While the federal government is famously incompetent in virtually all areas of governance,

Lets not forget these are the people that brought you the $5,000 toilet seats!! How can the most powerful nation the world has ever known, not be competent enough to take a trip down to Home Depot and see that people buy toilet seats every day for $20 bucks?

Lets not forget about the whole ACORN debacle.

Your tax money hard at work, so glad we have the TSA to keep us safe. After my recent encounter with airport security, being treated like a criminal, forced to miss my flight, and humiliated over NOTHING. I think I'll be driving from now on.

Its no wonder the airline industries are all going belly up. Oh wait, they'll probably jst get bailed out too.

Ummm.......It might be profitable, to consider that overpricing of mundane items by "procurement", would be the perfect vehicle in which to "hide" certain "black" project funding..........in plain sight...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Has anyone ever been a victim of a random setting off of the metal detector, because I have, I know because I went through one and it never set it off, then went through another one and it did. When I questioned the agent he told me the exact same thing as the TSA agent told Rand. This make me very angry, because over the years I have figured what clothes to ware through the airport that won't set it off. Them setting it off randomly so people can get pat downs is so wrong.

And I agree if a white christian senator gets to be detained on a random alarm, nobody is safe from the TSA reach.
Besides next time Paul should make sure he is en-route to Washington for a senate vote, then he can call the police, and say his rights as a senator of the united states are in violation, and he needs there help. It would be interesting to see what the police would do. US constitution verses the TSA. Could be a court case there in the making.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thought I would post this video. It has nothing to do with Rand Paul, but does show people that are fed up with what the TSA is doing.

This woman in New Hampshire decided to hand out some leaflets in the Manchester, New Hampshire Airport describing what TSA does to old ladies and children. But she did it in a very noticeable way.

edit on 25-1-2012 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It's raining in Nashville the first half of the week. This may be a contributing factor to the delay.

Here is a government source about the US Secret Service
www.secretservice.gov...
From the webpage:

"Major presidential and vice presidential candidates and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election. As defined in statute, the term "major presidential and vice presidential candidates" means those individuals identified as such by the Secretary of Homeland Security after consultation with an advisory committee."

I'm not so sure about Ron Paul being within about 4 months of an election, to need secret service, and if so, who needs a strip tease at an airport when you have that backup?

Perhaps the DHS has not determined Ron Paul to be a "major" candidate? That's sick if this is the case.

I can't imagine the delay considering what the CIA knows about candidates and high profile people. OK, considering how neutral I am to the candidates, today, I have to ask: is this a publicity stunt?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Video obtained by the Nashville Tennessean shows that Senator Paul was indeed detained and (at least how it is described by the Tennessean) not irate as airport police have said.

Politico

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this. Let me first start by saying I am a Ron Paul fan and against the TSA new strict policies. However, I think they did the right thing by detaining him. If a normal citizen refused a full body pat down after an abnormal scan, they would be detained. Why should Ron Paul be any different? If they let Paul through then the hype would be he used his power to get out of it. Although it is extremely unlikely Paul is a terrorist, IMO the TSA did exactly what they should have done. I don't believe they should have those guidelines to begin with, but that is a whole different thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The TSA need to go. This was clearly politically motivated, Ron Paul will show no mercy when he is elected president, not a wise decision to mess with his family!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
A vote for Gingrich or Santorum is a wasted vote! Here's why....

The MSM is using Internet polls for the sheep...just like the man behind the curtain in the wizard of oz! No matter what the media wants you to believe, it’s already a two-man race. Of the 2286 total Republican delegates, 1144 are needed to win the nomination. In five states: Virginia, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and Illinois - Gingrich and Santorum are not even on the ballot. That’s 564 delegates that they cannot get. After South Carolina, only 59 delegates have been allocated to the four candidates. Mitt Romney has 39 of those. This means Santorum or Gingrich has to pick up 1144 delegates from the remaining 1683.

Dr. Paul is on the ballot in every state so let’s say that Dr. Paul only picks up 20% of the total number of delegates – I happen to believe he will do much better – but let’s pick 20%. That’s 457 delegates for Dr. Paul. Add that to the 564 that Newt and Santorum won’t have a shot at and now there are 1021 delegates that Santorum and Gingrich have no chance of getting. Subtract that 1021 from the total 2286 and you’re left with 1265 delegates. That means that Gingrich and Santorum, one or the other, must pick up over 90% of the available delegates to get the nomination. So, essentially, we’re down to Dr. Paul and Romney.

A vote for Gingrich and Santorum is a wasted vote! A vote for Ron Paul is not a wasted vote and may well mean that the next President of the United States will be a man that, for the last 30 years, has never broken a promise, compromised his principles or waffled his position on an issue. A man that still believes that the Constitution of the United States is THE law of the land and that the protection of our individual liberties is the primary reason for the Federal Government. Dr. Paul does not need to win FL. He only needs to win the caucus states, which overwhelmingly support him.

RON PAUL 2012!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

edit on 3/25/2012 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join