It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Paul is being detained at the Nashville Airport by the TSA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It's on the news Pro!

See my above post about CNN. Also another link to an ABC report in this thread I believe.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

My buddy is an FBI special agent, and he doesn't go through security. He carries his gun on the plane. He is assumed to already be trustworthy because of his position, so surely a Senator should get the same respect?

It is my understanding that anyone can go through a process to have a full and detailed background check to be able to bypass security.

Rand is free to do so...but he hasn't...so the fault is his own.

Otherwise, he is expected to abide by all the laws and regulations as every other American. We shouldn't have an elite royalty in our country. And I am absolutely surprised that Rand/Ron Paul fans are saying he should get preferential treatment....just because he was a Paul.

If Obama or Harry Reid were allowed to bypass security...you guys would be outraged.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by freedom12
Remember this old document?

Article 1 Section 6 of the US Constitution. “They (senators and representatives) shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place.”

There you go overrated!

This is the best comment I've read so far.
It details the common decency that the TSA lacks.
Or wait, they don't believe in the Constitution, so it doesn't matter.

I believe Rand was on his way to Washington to filibuster the PIPA legislation scheduled for this afternoon.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

A) He has not been arressted.

B) He is not in ATTENDENCE of a session of congress.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Jobeycool

Shouldn't everyone be cheering that they are holding US Senators to the same standards as everyday Americans???

He is just the same as us, he should get no special treatment at all.

The problem is it possibly has become politcaly moitvated.You don't know who if the TSA agents are perverts or not.

How is this politically motivated???

The only one making this a political issue is Rand and Ron Paul by tweeting about it. They are literally screaming over the internet "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME".

He could of been an adult about it and handled it privately instead of turning it into a political circus.

Just because you have people in politcs like Ron Paul and Rand paul and others who believe they have over stepped.Also because the politcal media has played politics with this subject to score points.
Both sides have used this subject to socre poltical points.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Whereas my comment holds even more water, I suppose.
The Constitution grants congressmen/women privileges that the average citizen doesn't get.
Should they? That's a matter of opinion.

Do they...yes.
And our founding fathers allotted them these privileges.

It's pretty simple.

link   

link   
So now it is coming out that he was never "detained"...he was just not allowed to pass security without going through their standard procedure.

Rand Paul = Drama Queen.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by PaxVeritas

I'm saying he should follow all the same laws and rules as everyone else. If this was just some common joe...they would have done the exact same thing.

Instead of handling it like a man, he tweets about it

Show me the Tweet. twitter.com...

where?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Different news reporting it differently proves it has become politcal.Politcal correct nonsense that is going on.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

link   

Rand Paul = Drama Queen.

My friend , you could only hope that the Dems had politician like Rand Paul

and his Integrity.

link   

So now it is coming out that he was never "detained"...he was just not allowed to pass security without going through their standard procedure.

Rand Paul = Drama Queen.

Show me where Rand Paul Tweeted it.

twitter.com...

Back your assertion....drama queen.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Outcast- I hope you have more important things to do than TROLL every Ron Paul thread on ATS??

I saw CNN has reported a different version and posted it above/previously on this thread. Given CNN's treatment of Dr Paul so far, why would you trust anything they say?

edit on 23-1-2012 by Jobeycool because: This is exactly what is going on man.Different news media using different language to score poltical points.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm loving all of the neo-con comments here and on the ABC article by Obama supporters. It really highlights the fact that neo-con is the wrong term. We need something better to describe them like Tyrannists? Oceanists?

link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Oh, so sorry...he facebooked it....his daddy tweeted it.

He's still a drama queen...him and his daddy.

link   
I can't believe how many people in here are so in favor of the TSA. Do you idiots not want rights? Do you idiots not want common human decency? The sheer amount of hatred for Ron Paul and his family is mind boggling. The TSA is an illegal, unconstitutional agency that violates the fundamental human rights of millions of Americans on a daily basis. AND YOU PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY DEFENDING THEM!

This is how America dies. Brainwashed sheep supporting anything the government does, no matter what it takes away from you.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Article 1 Section 6 of the US Constitution. “They (senators and representatives) shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place.”

They shall not be questioned in any other place.

Pretty simple to comprehend if you ask me.
He is given a special, Constitutional privilege that we don't get.
Free from arrest during attendance, and for any speech or debate, they shall not be questioned.

What exactly do you think detaining someone entails?
Questioning?

I guess it's all about interpretation.

Or you specifically don't like any Paul supporters.
I imagine the latter is true.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

edit on 23-1-2012 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What you have is media playing politics with their own version of language and reporting.They have stepped overboard with this government and will not admit terrorism is 100% factual since 9/11 a islamic culture problem.Caused terrible politcal correctness nonsense.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join