It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would rather believe in ghosts than heaven.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I know it still sounds crazy...but thousands of people report ghost encounters or sightings or what ever.. every year or so and yet not one person who believes in heaven has any amount of evidence to prove there is a fluffy kingdom in the freaking sky....not saying that ghost believers have 100% hard evidence that ghosts do exist.. no i am just saying that at least they try to give you evidence at least they actually something to show you they exist...

Christians and Catholics? "yeah god is up there" without even trying to prove it.

(Fact) you don't have to be Christian or Catholic to believe in ghosts...the ghost theory makes more sense than the eternal life in the clouds...and most Christians disprove the ghost theory.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Why does it have to be ghosts OR heaven? Why can't you (meaning anyone) believe in both heaven and ghosts?

My opinion is that ghosts are usually just souls who haven't moved on yet. Ghosts can also sometimes be imprints of a person who had a strong emotional tie to an area or item but are nothing more than raw energy/emotion, and they can even be malevolent entities which some may call a "demon" but that's open to debate, although I guess everything I've said is open to debate but I'm sure you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Oh yeah? Well I'd rather believe in reincarnation than ghosts.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IFeelForty

I do believe in reincarnation.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This life is the ultimate test to see where ones heart is. If heaven was open to see for all, everyone would do good, there would be no need for doing bad. Ghosts are jusr spirits of previous people, who have not moved on.

There are three entities that roam the earth. Lost souls, spirits from above aka angels, and spirits from below aka demons.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I believe in an afterlife/ghosts and I also believe that sometimes other people don't become ghosts and join something far more......Heaven-like or reincarnation. Just depends on what you've done in other lives, but of course, we wouldn't remember?

I'm just babblin' here

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Proof of heaven is all you want.
Guess you dont get a golden ticket then. Christianity is a religion based on faith not evidence.
John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."
Rom. 3:24, "being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;"
Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

Its also not for everyone either
Mathew 22-14 Many are called but few are chosen
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; I Corinthians 1:26-27

see you dont get to choose, God does

Your faith is in those who believe in ghosts. Funny that the bible talks of spirits and you ignore that?
Its not about ghost its about not accepting God.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
We know there is a Heaven because it tells us so in the Bible.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
reply to post by IFeelForty

I do believe in reincarnation.

Then there would not be any ghosts?.....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If anything ghosts would be inter-dimensional beings rather than "souls" of our departed. Any of the "ghosts" I've encountered didn't seem like humans to me. They all seemed evil and malicious.

Or two timelines of Earth merging.
edit on 1/23/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I've been reading Destiny of Souls by Dr. Michael Newton, he's a hypnotherapist that takes people's consciousness back to the spirit world, usually after a past life regression. It's been a really enlightening read and I'm only about half way through it.

He talks about ghosts and says they're spirits who have unfinished things to do, and when they're ready they do leave. There really is no 'time' in the spirit world so everyone really can take as long as they need. He also says there are no demons, they are just the consciousness making fearful images to scare you in this reality, or they are spirits more or less playing with you.

The interesting thing to me is that everyone has "soul groups" and they reincarnate together fairly often. Also, you don't take all of your soul with you when you incarnate on earth. So there is always a part of yourself in the spirit world to see and hang out with for when people in your soul group pass.

Please read at your own discretion and always take what feels right to you but leave anything that does not.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

The bible was written by people, not god.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schlomo

He talks about ghosts and says they're spirits who have unfinished things to do, and when they're ready they do leave. There really is no 'time' in the spirit world so everyone really can take as long as they need. He also says there are no demons, they are just the consciousness making fearful images to scare you in this reality, or they are spirits more or less playing with you.

The interesting thing to me is that everyone has "soul groups" and they reincarnate together fairly often. Also, you don't take all of your soul with you when you incarnate on earth. So there is always a part of yourself in the spirit world to see and hang out with for when people in your soul group pass.

Awesomeness, that ^^^. Truth.
Where've you been in these forums?
Come on, now, join in!!

top topics

join