It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My God, its full of stars!"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
another stunning image

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82d1fa79acc5.jpg[/atsimg]

Brilliant picture portraying red shift/blue shift stars!!

Nice one!!! That is absolutley beautiful....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
okay everyone: STAY ON TOPIC!
This is not a 'Does God exist' thread, everyone has their own views on the subject, noone is gonna change anyone else's mind on this, just AGREE to DISAGREE and move on
Thanks!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It's unfortunate that you're perpetuating lies here, and that you think God is some sort of man made concept, but the matter of the fact is seeing the Universe shows intelligent design.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The way I look at it is that the observable universe is like a dart board. One may have to throw so many darts at the board in order to finally land a bulls-eye.

It's possible that we are the entire purpose.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Billions of planets huh?Humans are the only intelligent life out there...because we're special.lol

With all of the millions of life forms just on earth alone you think we would know better..we do.They just don't want the public to know because it would panic people!People's faith would be shaken.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I would realy like to see a picture or photograph of what universe looks like to the unaided eye in space. It might look like static on a TV. More background light than we think there is from our view on the surface of the Earth looking through gas and magnetic clouds.

Has everybody seen that the stars are all of the colors of gemstones? Usually the stars look homogenous silver/gray but many nights you can see stars that are red, green, orange, blue, gold and every star has its own color.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd
and, on the other hand, presuming human beings are the only "intelligent beings"
in the Universe - or even in this Galaxy - is sheer arrogance and presumptuousness.

and, as some of us know, there exist a Secret Space Program...

of which, Richard Dolan makes a great Presentation here:
Amsterdam, April 2011

Thanks for posting just finished watching - well worth the time -
Still absorbing the info given as I have other info to interface it with
Thanks again

You're welcome, artistpoet.
It is infact the best and most clear Presentation of the Secret Space Program
that I have seen. A lot of "meat" - for hungry Tigers... -

Richard Dolan is an excellent speaker and a scrupolous researcher,
intelligent, serious and up to the point.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think this is incredibly beautiful, and the magnitude of it all is incredible to ponder. I do not give a rats ass if there is life somewhere out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The vastness of space allways makes our problems feel small. Here's one of my favorite videos; since we are on the topic of galaxies thought I would share

edit on 23-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: syntax

edit on 23-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's quite dazzling. Thanks for the post.

What if... in the midst of this seemingly endless expanse of stars... --WHAT IF we are the FIRST intelligent life, and so far, the ONLY intelligent life. What if it is our responsibility to seed the stars with life for the first time? What if there is no one else, and we have been selected as the First People by the Universe (or God, or Design, or Chance or Fate)? While it contradicts the numbers game that says we're likely NOT the first, it is still a valid possibility.

My personal opinion is that we are not the first. That we are a part of a vast network of Life that began long ago. Personally, I think there are central origins of life that grow, "splinter" and seed other worlds. Basically, it's the theory of PANSPERMIA. --That's when comets and/or asteroids that contain the seeds of life from *elsewhere* penetrate our atmosphere, impact our world and "seed" life here, much like a sperm cell finds the egg. Voila! Life begins anew, affected by different factors of the new world, and while it had an origin elsewhere, the new world forces that life to change and adapt, thus ever evolving into new forms and possibly intelligences.

Panspermia could (and probably already has) command its own thread. I just thought that it would apply to this thread because if there are that many stars out there, imagine how many MORE comets, asteroids and meteors are out there, impacting countless planets that orbit all those stars...

It's a big, big, BIG universe out there, filled with many chunks of debris on course to impact countless planets with life from some unknown origin(s).

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My question is, if every galaxy contains a black hole(the reason heavenly bodies cluster together) and its sucking in the galaxy slowly over billions of years, is this evidence that no physical life form is immortal?
What if some alien race discovered immortality? Would he just have to hop from galaxy to galaxy to stay alive? or can there be life outside of a galaxy?
I guess my question is where is the best real estate for an immortal lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Great find man! This is beautiful stuff I agree with what you say, we couldn't be the only ones out here in the universe all that space has to have some earth like planets out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

i agree we can not be alone here in the universe, only an idiot would belive that, but then again we have people that truley belive that we as humans have only been here for the past 2 thousand years, so

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

And yet we are told that aliens don't exists, yea right. They exists alright and in many forms.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

The big questions are
What is their technological advancement compared to ours?

Which ones are still in "dinosaur age", and which ones are 2000+ years above us in technology.

What if they have 2 suns, so that drilling for oil is simply stupid, due to the over abundance of solar energy.

It would be easy to assume that if one planet developed life, it would occur many times with larger pockets in some areas less in others.
Where as it took our solar system 5 billion years to develop, many other developed at the same time that were at the same level of possible life, intelligence to occur.

Then also some that have come and gone, some 10 billion years ago, and again not isolated to just one solar system. Many solar systems a same level of possibilities.

So it would become not the first intelligent level solar system, but one of many occurring at same time, just not real close to gether enough, to even really matter. As to say, Hey.

Many other, that their Sun have not even lit up yet, in this occurrence of being a Sun or part of a Sun again, this not being the first in some many on going cosmic collisions, the end of one the beginning of another.

I myself belong to the Closed Universe faction, believing with a Big Crunch to occur in some 23 Trillion years. I'm only guessing but seems to make more sense, than a Open Universe with a dismal end.
edit on 23-1-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Presidente
reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

Here is the website with all the Hubble images on one page.

Hubble Images

Take a look there are some amazing photos on this page also tons of hi-rez and background quality images available for downloads.

Thanks for the link. My imagination runs wild looking at those images. Those photos truly are amazing!

How can anyone not be interested in Astronomy?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I know, it's absurd to think we are the only ones out here. But think about the odds of another species as capable or even more capable than us of finding us in such vastness. Those odds are slim. Not impossible but so darn small just the same.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd
... presuming human beings are the only "intelligent beings"
in the Universe - or even in this Galaxy - is sheer arrogance and presumptuousness.

and, as some of us know, there exist a Secret Space Program...

You are now leader for tonight's un-intend irony award.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011

I know, it's absurd to think we are the only ones out here. But think about the odds of another species as capable or even more capable than us of finding us in such vastness. Those odds are slim. Not impossible but so darn small just the same.

Not as slim as you think, the Universe is so vast, when looking into the night sky, you are looking billions of years into the past in . What appear to be stars, are really galaxies.

The Universe at it's outer rim now may take another 30 billion years to see the star light, that is occurring right now across from the outer edge of the Universe.

The Universe is but a mere infant in terms of cosmic time, think of what a more mature Universe may be. I keep repeating myself but the one thing that the scientist of now keep forgetting about and leave out of their equations is Humans or intelligent life and the effect they shall have on the entire Universe.
edit on 23-1-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

you can't look at these pictures and not believe in God.

Yes I can.

To the OP, you should see some of the pictures in my Astronomy books. They would seriously make you drool. Great quality images on every fact filled page. Learning about the universe is so much more interesting and entertaining than watching sports and TV and stuff like that.
edit on 23-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join