It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul. Good man, or stupid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
From what I have seen we deserve Gingrich, Obama, or Romney. Same difference for the country, and the people. The only thing on the line is who will get lobbyist money you will never see, and power over decisions that will have little to no impact on your lives.

Integrity just does not offer the same kind of incentives as corruption. I think as long as we have a complacent and easily manipulated population, integrity will continue to burden elected officials too much to be a worthwhile quality. Representing the truth and best interests of citizens comes at the cost of way too much money, and results in enemies too powerful to confront without the popular backing of the oppressed. Case and point: AIPAC.

So, I was thinking. Why go to the trouble of helping people who wont help themselves? I can't say I even hold a grudge against these politicians at this point. Ever question why we are all raised to believe in the values we are taught? Honesty, and "morals" in general are all conveniently subservient and transparent qualities that make you vulnerable to the truly powerful.

Ron Paul has done no one any favors by having integrity, and being honest with the people. He has just made himself the easily controlled opposition, and helped domesticate a disaffected population by representing the illusion of hope in a system that offers none.
edit on 22-1-2012 by dontshoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
He's a good honest man, end of.

Wether he wins or not isn't the point, he's injecting real issues into debates, issues that would not of been spoken of in anywhere near the detail of what they have done so far.

From your post you sound defeated already. Serf for life eh?! Someone has to be the 1 to drag the sheeple kicking and screaming out of their soft cuddly matrix... Why not ron paul?

VOTE RON PAUL 2012

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I feel your despondency, but, with a nihilistic outlook like that your monicker might foreshadow a day where we have to say, "Hey Man, Don't Shoot yourself!"

Don't get me wrong, your OP is extremely well-written pessimism/cynicism/nihilism whatever. I almost stood up and cheered a time a two until I got ahold of myself, did a balls check, and decided to say, "Hell No! I'm not giving up just because it seems somewhat hopeless!"

I believe it was Clarence Darrow who said something to the effect of, "The only causes worth fighting for are the lost causes."

And you're wrong about the Good Doctor...he's already made a difference.

So, remember, "Don't Shoot, don'tshoot!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dontshoot

Good man? debatable. Stupid? No way in the world! He is an extremely intelligent person who knows how to influence! But like all politicians character is questionable!
edit on 22-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I agree with you but its nothing new. We had a chance when Ralph Nader ran but nobody listened then either.

Hell Ralph Nader did more for this country than any politician and pushed more bills through for the people than any runing now.

It is the same old song and dance with polotics today. No real choice because they wont play ball and win favors.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

He's not stupid but he sure got smoked tonight.

On to the next defeat in Florida!

Go Newt!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Definately a good man,no doubt about it and definately a stupid man to think the GOP or MSM were going to give him a fair run at the candicacy,those guys love to play dirty thats what they do

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
AS a MAN - he's lived a long life and helped a lot of people, had a long marriage, and raised 5 kids who are now self-sufficient. He's been true to his values and his family. He's served his country well.

How could he NOT be a good man?

Now, as a politician - you can say good politician or bad.
NEWT is a great politician.

What I want, is a really good man that holds political office.

I'm pretty sick of politicians.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Not stupid, but a progressive liberal when it comes to social issues and foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
Definately a good man,no doubt about it and definately a stupid man to think the GOP or MSM were going to give him a fair run at the candicacy,those guys love to play dirty thats what they do

I don't think he was trying as much to get the nomination as much as he is getting the message out...I don't think he had any illusions.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
AS a MAN - he's lived a long life and helped a lot of people, had a long marriage, and raised 5 kids who are now self-sufficient. He's been true to his values and his family. He's served his country well.

How could he NOT be a good man?

Now, as a politician - you can say good politician or bad.
NEWT is a great politician.

What I want, is a really good man that holds political office.

I'm pretty sick of politicians.

For every good man that can somehow sneak through the usual BS there is a "lone nut" to cut him down.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I see where you are coming from however Ron Paul has done more to wake people in the last 3 years then any of us have in the last 30. The problem is things do not happen fast enough for us. The Ron Paul revolution movement has injected the freedom and liberty movement with new life it has never had before. It will eventually result in great change. Right now though it seems like nothing will change but it is changing slowly. It escalated quite a bit in 2008 to now from where it was and had been for the last 20 years. That was a real leap forward but those waking right now don't see it cause they did not see the beginning of the movement back then. So when it takes another leap forward in the next five or ten years it will really take off. The speed compounds faster each time it takes that leap forward. It took over 20 years last time this time it should only take 5 or 10 at the most hopefully sooner.

I was talking about Liberty and Ron Paul 20 years ago and nobody cared. I never thought I would see the interest we see today. Imagine if the few of us back then had given up? In fact I sort of had till 2008 seemed to breath new life into it. The internet has made information move much faster. There will be another leap forward much sooner this time around. We are seeing the seeds for that planted and beginning to sprout now. Hang in there. Change is happening just slower then we would like.

edit on 22-1-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Indeed, Rome was not built in a day.

We can only hope this support can grow until we break free of this two party system....as a country that loves claiming how diverse it is America sure is narrow minded when it comes to politics. Its very hard to fix things with only the same two points of view to choose from everytime.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I agree with you but its nothing new. We had a chance when Ralph Nader ran but nobody listened then either.

Hell Ralph Nader did more for this country than any politician and pushed more bills through for the people than any runing now.

It is the same old song and dance with polotics today. No real choice because they wont play ball and win favors.

What the hell are you talking about? I haven't even once seen you even try to understand Paul's position on things. You're part of the problem, yet you're talking about the same old song and dance? Talk to yourself and your buddies, because you're asking for that same old song and dance and doing nothing about it.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Paul was expected to show third last night but drew fourth. Does that really matter in a winner-take-all state? Too soon to count him out yet. Will Newt go the distance? Maybe, but Romney has been the favorite and Paul is, what, 4 delegates behind him? Out of how many yet?

Paul is expected to not do so well in Florida, but again, that is expected. Still many states left. I don't hear the fat lady clearing her voice just yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
I was talking about Liberty and Ron Paul 20 years ago and nobody cared. I never thought I would see the interest we see today. Imagine if the few of us back then had given up?...

...The internet has made information move much faster. There will be another leap forward much sooner this time around. We are seeing the seeds for that planted and beginning to sprout now. Hang in there. Change is happening just slower then we would like.

Thank you, hawkyie, and everyone that has put a passionate pen to paper AND the magnificent lighted page of the internet in support of liberty, sensibility, and Ron Paul.

I had given up on any hope for a change 20 years ago, so I do owe the good doctor and those who have shouted his name in all arenas a sincere thank you for reawakening a glimmer of hope within me and the nation.

The pen is mightier than the sword, it's working, and I wanna give back.

edit on 22-1-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Although Ron Paul is standing his ground, which is good. He in my opinion is a bit off his rocker. Especially with legalizinng all drugs. I don't think other politicians take him seriously because he talks about doing some radical things. I would have loved it if our country had never gone to war in the first place but now that were there pulling all troops out imidiately is not a good idea. It would make us look weak. Not to mention that although our country is in trouble financially, we have always helped others around the world and to stop would put so many ppl at a great loss. So lets not be SELFISH!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashes1221

Although Ron Paul is standing his ground, which is good. He in my opinion is a bit off his rocker. Especially with legalizinng all drugs. I don't think other politicians take him seriously because he talks about doing some radical things. I would have loved it if our country had never gone to war in the first place but now that were there pulling all troops out imidiately is not a good idea. It would make us look weak. Not to mention that although our country is in trouble financially, we have always helped others around the world and to stop would put so many ppl at a great loss. So lets not be SELFISH!

Well that's a nice sentiment and all and the media has done a good job of selling it to the people however the problem is we are not there to help we are there to secure oil fields poppy fields and other assets for banksters and oil tycoons. As for Drugs do a little research making them illegal has not helped but escalated the problem and provided opportunities for criminal cartels to become very wealthy. Prohibition does not work and never has. The media has done a good job selling the drug war also as some noble cause when it has done nothing to stem the tide but made it worse and been used as a great excuse to suppress liberty and freedom. See what lots of police and former NARCs are saying about the drug war in an org called LEAP Law Enforcment Against Prohibition

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a good man and is certainly not stupid. But since you brought it up, stupid men can not just be good men, but GREAT men. What makes a man "good" or bad is their honest intentions. And Ron Paul brings honest, good intentions.
edit on 22-1-2012 by capone1 because: typo

top topics

join