First your painting is awesome, nice work. The tree does seem to be focal point in the painting, and as you may know the tree also has served a
spiritual purpose throughout history. Here is just a few, maybe this will "trigger" the answer you seek.....
- the Axis Mundi , the axis by which the world revolves linking the heaven to the Earth and the places below, it is often depicted symbolically as a
- the Tree of Life (otz chiim), found in the Kabbalah. There are those who believe that the Tree of Life symbol was originated in Mesopotamian
culture. Regardless of where the concept originated the tree as a symbol can be found in all world religions.
- the tree that was in the Garden of Eden, whose friut was said to give everlasting life
The other thing that jumped out at me where the "three" branches. The number three in itself is often refered to as the first true magical number.
There are countless examples of groups of three:
- the Holy Trinity (Christianity)
- the Triple Jewel (Buddhism)
- the Hindu pantheon (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva)
- three is seen as the number of wisdom, understanding and knowledge
- there are three sources of karma and three types of karma
- in Tarot the number three is the number of the Empress, the embodiment of the female principle that symbolically links the heavens with earth ( see
Axis Mundi above, I love how this "connects")
I truly believe that the tree in itself is the core of everything spiritual. There is to much to list if anyone is interested here is a link to start
you down the path......