It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange symbol in my painting...eeerrrieeeee...?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by Darkblade71

The entire painting reminds me of Vinecnt van Gogh's "Wheatfield with Crows" I think it is the power and brushstrokes. I like your painting, keep it up. Just in case, don't put your ears near any sharp objects.

Your style is very like his.

I'll have to go look at that!

it is a learning journey. I am teaching myself as I go.
It probably wouldn't hurt to check out some art history lol

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Wonderful painting it has that early fanatasy art look to it. I like it alot. I dont know of any symbolism. But i had a painting "come to me" in a dream. I was contacted by a man named "Molak" and he asked me to paint him. After I started the painting I got curious of the name and searched it...found out Moloch is the name of a demon/god in the Hebrew Bible. Creepy

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Cool painting dude!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

That is kind of how I am feeling with this one. It is making me look things up. I see a god in this painting, even if no one else does. When I started painting it, the tree was the entire story. It had a glow to it, and the painting was a quest to find the glow.
This painting has many aspects to it.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

When you look at the rest of the painting, that could apply in a strange way...
I should probably upload a complete picture.

Ok, here is what the entire painting looks like so far. (Be kind cause it IS different and needs to be cleaned up a lot yet, and like I said, unfinished) lol

I know that some of these are subconscious images for me only...but well...look so far...
edit on 22-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Fantastic!

I love your use of color in this as well as the perspectives you're using int the A shaped geometry of the mountain, mirrored by the stacked V shapes progressing down into the bottom of the canvas.

The geometries you're using are fantastic and boldly beautiful in leading the eye and focusing attention.

Wonderful work! If I didn't know that you hadn't forethought to put symbolism and/or a coded message into this piece, the geometries alone would have me squinting, looking, trying to read the hidden meaning, the message disguised in shape, color, and hinted illustrative idiom.

Illustrating idiom as part of an embedded message is especially rewarding when someone actually 'gets' it.

Anyway, yeah, i lurv all over your work so far.

Oh, if you start doing lots of paintings and they're as good as this, you should consider getting a photographer to take high resolution photo of each piece you do, where you can then post each piece at imagekind.com, or some other similar site where your work can then be re-printed out onto canvas, or paper all sorts of different sizes and prices, many times over instead of just painting one picture, selling one picture, and painting another, selling it, and so on. That way, you can sell one piece several times, for a whole variety of price ranges and choices of paper print to canvas.

edit on 22-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Ok, here is what the entire painting looks like so far. (Be kind cause it IS different and needs to be cleaned up a lot yet, and like I said, unfinished) lol

I know that some of these are subconscious images for me only...but well...look so far...

Now that looks, way more awesome. I wouldn't change a thing. If I were you, I definitely would sell that. I'd buy it.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Only thing coming to my mind now that I think of it is the Poem Havamal one stanza in particular
"I know that I hung on a windy tree
nine long nights,
wounded with a spear, dedicated to Odin,
myself to myself,
on that tree of which no man knows from where its roots run."
But wow that painting is awesome

edit on 22-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: needed it

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Use a fan brush, take some Hunter Green, and put a happy little bush right down over there.

That'll just be our little secret

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well, since it is a volcano i have spent a lot of time looking at, I tell you without a doubt that it is Mount Rainier erupting.

I also see a 'rock man' laying face up in the water in the bottom left corner looking at either a white blooming flower or fairy. As a previous poster, I immediately saw the cougar head coming out of the flames (left side) and perhaps a voluptuous woman laying across the top. I think there is more there too...but I haven't stared at it long enough yet.

Wonderful painting. Here is a recent image of Rainier from the same angle, but closer (from a live view cam up there). You can clearly see the glaciers in the same place:

Here is a picture that I took of it from it a different angle:

Another one I took from the air:

There are several rivers that run by it. Just to the south of it is Helens, which has a whole forrest of dead trees from its eruption.

ETA: There is also an orca jumping, blowing water in the middle of the mountain (which we have in puget sound) and i also see a partial skull just below the dead tree in the purple rocks. pretty cool
edit on 22-1-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

Bob Ross was the inspiration for the original landscape.
I used to watch him a lot when I was a teenager.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Well that just creeps me out even more!

Awesome!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

cool painting. The tree to me looks dead(no leaves), It looks like the tree has already been though this before and managed to stay upright. You have a little rock face with blue? eyes in the bottom left as well.
Anyway nice painting

edit on 22-1-2012 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your feedback so far.
I see people get a lot of it, that makes me happy and will help me finish it.

You can't quite see it from the picture, but in the painting the mountain is in a total collapse. Someone had noticed the angles, when you get in semi close you can see the snow bursting down the hill and the rock giving way. It all is sliding.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Y = Why = #1 Question of All Time.

Luv the painting! Great job!!!!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Now that looks, way more awesome. I wouldn't change a thing. If I were you, I definitely would sell that. I'd buy it.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

That is a very loaded painting.

The Dragon coming out of hiding and the Lotus Flower awaiting it with the Question at the very center of the scene.

So the real question is, can you see the Question in your mind, when you close your eyes after staring at it for a bit of Time?

I also agree it is a worthy painting of sum worth!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I love the aspect of the painting that you picked up on!

That is awesome!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
cant tell what the weather is like but im guessing its winter because that one tree has no leaves and the rest look like pine trees which survive thru the winter. either that or its a different season and theres something special about the tree

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scamzarilla
cant tell what the weather is like but im guessing its winter because that one tree has no leaves and the rest look like pine trees which survive thru the winter. either that or its a different season and theres something special about the tree

You are correct on both points, what I kind of had in mind was as you go up the mountain it does becomes more winter like, you are at the boundary between running water and freezing, or just below it.

I spent a lot of time in Alaska looking at the landscapes and seeing/wondering how they were formed and what will happen to them eventually... This is a boundary between warm and cool. I dunno if that makes sense, but that is a part of it as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The painting is wonderful.

There is so much more to "art", than art. The part of us that paints, sculpts, writes, composes music, etc., knows so much more than we (consciously) do. Original imagination pieces represent true freedom of expression. This is why every child and adult should partake in personal artistic adventures throughout their lifetime. Creating speaks from our core, releases the unknown, presents us with clues to what's REALLY going on. Nothing else does this. This is where the magic lies and where our strength lies. It keeps us thinking outside the box and stops others from putting us in one.

In this world, at this time, nothing is more important.

I hope that your wonderful painting inspires others
to pick up some paint brushes and see what's inside of them.

edit on 22-1-2012 by spinkyboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I can honestly say this painting was a journey on personal levels that I was not expecting.

The meanings are like the painting, as I look, I find more and more on a personal level. Images just pop out at me. Kind of like the being coming out/around of the volcano. Once I see it, the painting changes for me, until I see something else that pops out.

The cool thing about this being at the top is that depending on how you look at it, it is either a dragon, or it is something else, like a cougar. It depends on what you see, like an ink blot, you know something is there, but what it is, is subject to visual perception. There are two beings in one...or that's how I see it, that is how it is meant to be seen, a play on your eyes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join