It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange symbol in my painting...eeerrrieeeee...?!?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks. Once again, great painting. =)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Oh my gosh that brings a tear to my eye! I think it is mysterious, beautiful, intriguing and mesmerizing. I want to keep staring at it. I know you didn't post the thread for compliments but I just had to tell you, it's wonderful! I'm glad your wife gave you the paint kit.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
But what is that white fairie/lotus figure above the sasquatch? What inspired you to paint that in such a "calm", and seemingly out of context ( compared to much of the other chaotically envisioned environment ) "floating" manner?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Well not having any background information about you precludes any definite explanation of what the tree in the center of the painting might symbolize.

Judging from what I've read from you in the past, I know you suffer from PTSD. The tree in the center thus, to me, would symbolize the trauma you experienced in your life; it is at the 'center' of your existence. This causes the background of the painting, which can be considered the ordinary or "mundane" events of your life (inasmuch as the background is 'secondary'), to be darkened and disoriented, i.e. the PTSD affect every area in your life.

The painting is very good. You're very talented.

Overall, very interesting. A lack of leaves on a tree could refer to a lack of fecundity or growth; and more particularly, to whatever this lack of fecundity or growth may manifest as.

Dreams tend to objectify in symbol our own inner state. It's amazingly interesting the language it speaks in; even more interesting, or, terrifying, depending on the perspective, is the effect the image can have on the person experiencing it.

I have/had a similar problem which when I brought it to conscious as a picture or dream image has a similarly disheveling effect on my consciousness. I am gripped by a sort of 'psychosis', or a delirium, to be more precise, where I feel scared and anxious without any reasonable cause; the image itself, the archetype, is the cause. It is the complex objectified and experienced outside its usual subjective field.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

The flower.
Odd story there too really.
When I created it, I wasn't thinking any particular flower. I just built one in my mind that I thought was beautiful and put it there to add color and draw attention to the corner. The FAIRY, I did not see there when I painted it, but I see it now. When someone on the thread (Was it you?)first mentioned it I wondered about that. I looked and didn't see the fairy. Today I was reading through the thread again, and when I came back to the picture in the corner, I saw it right away without even thinking about it. It just popped out. For anyone who didnt notice, there is a fairy on the left top of the flower. Maybe you will see it, maybe you wont.

This painting has a lot of "inkblot" properties to it. I don't know what else to call it. When I painted it, I tried to keep some aspects abstract, but yet somewhat defined as to hint to something. Your mind will fill in the blanks and walla!! There is a fairy. Much like looking at clouds. You can see all kinds of things. Although now that I see the fairy, I am sure I will always see it, that was very cool.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Yeah, I kind of scared myself there for a little bit.
I am getting a much better understanding now of what it is.
Thanks for the input!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Whenever I drive back to my hometown of Herkimer NY, I pass this stretch of swampy land just east of Syracuse NY, and your tree is what all the trees look like for hundreds of yards in that area. Behind them, in the distance, you can see pines and the expanse of normal coverage for that area, but right next to the Thruway, all you see is the same dead, white/gray hardwood trees standing up in that marshland in the same exact manner has they have for the last 40+ years. None of them have ever fallen over or offered a single leaf over the course of my own lifetime of having seen them, and they're dead as hell but refuse to fall. Probably the result of too much water in that one area that used to not be that way at one time.

I'm pretty struck by your painting. It's almost like a representative image of what I have always considered to be the "gateway" road sign to my hometown area since having moved away to the Midwest. Weird.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentalPriapism
Use a fan brush, take some Hunter Green, and put a happy little bush right down over there.

That'll just be our little secret

haha, I was just about to say it looked like Bob Ross came back......
And this time he's pissed!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

The tree of life sittin dead in the Garden of Eden?

bingo

/thread

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Tis a marvelous painting, makes me want to grab some brushes as set to it again.
Mine were always on the darker side, even if they were landscapes.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

That is because I believe this painting was partly for you!

Freaky huh.

I am freaked out, although I guess I should be used to it,
as that is how spirit works.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

ROTFL!!!

I loved that part. I remember that episode of southpark. When I saw it I was laughing so hard! Bob Ross is almost like a well, painting god! I used to watch him all the time as a teenager. He is missed.

But I love southpark's version of B. Ross!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

wow, had to find what you and noreaster were talking about and I'm floored! How did I miss that?
The more I look, the more I see. I Love it, you're very talented.

I can't shake the image of a man carrying something instead of a flower, but that's just me.
If you do make prints let me know.
kudos!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

That is actually more interesting than you realize.
Perhaps it is a blackthorn staff.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Hi coco, good to see you back !
I see you've been back for a bit actually, guess I missed your posts till now.
I'm enjoying the 'behind the scenes' posts wayyyy more than the front page stuff. Those die hard political people are cruel. they sure know how to hurt others feelings, they sure did me.

these talented, unique , and bizarre people are much friendlier

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

That is actually more interesting than you realize.
Perhaps it is a blackthorn staff.

and I have to google that when I get back. I assume it has something to do with gaming?
I come from the atari era, space invaders, stuff like that. you know.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

no, look up Norse mythology and blackthorn staff

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

holy cow I feel like such a dunce.
All these threads you guys talk about Runes and I thought it was from the game Quake. I had totally no idea there was so much more to it.
great, now y'all have opened up a whole new can of worms for me to explore.

I have lived such a sheltered life.

edit on 1-2-2012 by horseplay because: typo. pet peeve.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Haha thats simple
I think you found a place. All you gotta do is find it
thatll be the hard part haha

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by irontalon

Already been done

Know where it is sort of.

top topics